Great Software but Still Missing a Few Key Features

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Leanne S.
Company Admin
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Acculynx has made a huge difference to our roofing company. We are able to more easily track our success with leads and keep everything organized. Even though there are still some features we would like to see, we are overall quite happy with it.

Vorteile: We love the lead pipeline and the ability to track exactly what is happening with a lead at any given point in time. It's super nice that all files and photos can be stored in Acculynx for each job. This helps us stay organized!

Nachteile: Acculynx is still missing a few features. For example: The calendar on Acculynx doesn't sync with the job files. You can't create an appointment w/a customer directly from the pipeline (after it's been entered as a lead--I know it can be entered when being added as a new lead). Even though the calendar does allow us to enter a job into it, the notes on the calendar don't go to the customer's file. This could cause problems if that info isn't transferred. In addition, the app doesn't give users access to the calendar. Since we use the calendar so much, this would be incredibly helpful. In addition: It would be nice if there was a dedicated field for referrals. We like to credit customers who give us referrals, and a fillable field for this would be great!

Complete Business management tool at your fingertips

Bewertet am 2.4.2015
Amanda E.
CFO
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: Best CRM program for contractors by far, but it's much more than that! It's all at your fingers. Access from anywhere in the county where you can have a computer connected to the web. Love the integration with QuickBooks, which eliminated the multiple entries. Managing multiple locations all fluidly from Acculynx. All your reports and numbers are right there. Honestly, we operate everything through Acculynx and QB, and it's so smooth. Very easy to use. Department capabilities so office staff and sales reps view what you determine necessary. Our new hire got on for 5 min and messaged me to say, "Wow this program seems really user-friendly" if that says anything!

Nachteile: There is nothing I that least like! I think the program is awesome and a giant leap in the industry. We started with Acculynx back when it was still its first version. I can tell you that they are always trying to improve and make advancements anywhere they can. So be understanding if something in the system changes. I promise it's for the better! We all get used to using something one way and people seem to resist change. These improvements come from our feedback like this, and they are hearing it and implementing. Previously, the reps would push back if there was a software update, but then the "awwww" moment comes later in the day and they love the improvements. So definitely appreciate it!

Pretty Decent Software

Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good for sales, not as great for management and production. They are working hard to improve production side.

Vorteile: Ease of use, great customer support, tailored to my industry.

Nachteile: Limited custom options for production and ordering.

A well-supported roofing-specific CRM that integrates well with Quickbooks

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Leslie M.
Bau

Kommentare: Being able to integrate all our CRM and project management functions into one software that also works with our accounting and time clock programs has been invaluable.

Vorteile: The fact that it's industry-specific means that the software works well for us without having to adjust our business processes to suit its native workflow. But they really have shined on the customer service side of things. They have always been so friendly and responsive any time we've needed help with anything, especially during the setup phase and when we were working on a 3-way integration with two other 3rd party software programs. AccuLynx has truly streamlined our work and allows us to manage a large number of concurrent contracts with a level of detail and awareness we were unable to achieve before.

Nachteile: There's a definite learning curve to it. The functionality is robust - it just takes a while to learn what you need to use and what you don't and figure out where it's all located. It's not the most intuitive user interface I've ever used, but I recognize that it would also be pretty difficult to pack that much info into the more streamlined, simple UI styles that are becoming the preferred choice.

Review of Acculynx.

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Stan R.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it's 85% of what we want. We want it to go to 95% so hopefully you listen to users suggestions.

Vorteile: It is fairly intuitive for newbees and easy to follow through the job progress. All of the features are good especially in the products catalog except when we want to have options like instead of " pieces" we would like to translate to "SQ" so that we order 12 sq instead of 12 sheets of plywood. This is a huge profit and yes the sales guy needs to pay attention and do the math but the option to switch to SQ would have saves our ass.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have the pricing automated like it did before Allied sold out. The other desire would be to have a place in the products catalog where we could pre-determine what was coming directly from our stock in the shop so that there would be 2 orders: 1 for supplier for delivery and 1 for the shop guys to load for the job. This would eliminate a ton of time and effort by office staff and shop guys from running around the yard. I also think that when this new reports program comes out it doesn't continually increase our costs every time there is an "improvement" in the program.

Acculynx Review

Brad B.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm able to be more efficient allowing me to generate more business and keep my A+ rating with more customrs.

Vorteile: It's real time. You can create a file (Lead) the first time you meet someone whether it be standing at their front door, met in the coffee shop/restaurant, or on the phone. If the lead develops into a Prospect and you go to the residence and asses the damage you can take your pictures for documentation purposes and upload them to the file while sitting in front of the customers house. The office has all of the same information, including conversations noted in messages before the field rep. pulls away from the curb. It's a matter of if Acculynx is being used to it's full potential will you really see how efficient it can be.

Nachteile: It's very important that the pictures upload in the order in which they were taken so that anyone can look at the damage report and follow along by looking at the pictures in order with the report. When I upload pictures from my phone they go in random locations and make it difficult to follow along with the report.

Established and Adapting

Bewertet am 3.3.2015
Caleb J.
Estimating Coordinator

Kommentare: For roofing and siding specific software this is probably the oldest one out there. Especially when you look only at the web based platforms. There are many newer companies that are looking to take them on now though. We made the switch to Acculynx 2 years ago. From the very beginning it has greatly increased the quality of information being retained from job start to finish and the interoffice comunication. There are a lot of certain things about it that we have small annoyances with but realistically they can't make a functional software that is both easy to use and perfect for everyone. There are many times that this has saved our behinds by being able to access a back up of the original file documents and photos. No more going to find the paper file to get an answer. Or calling the estimator or crew and ask them to remember their visit from last month. All photos and doucments and comments and emails can be run through the program and access from virtually any device at any time.
The message board has come in hand with some small claims as each comment is permanent and has a date stamp we can prove activity, attendance, and contact attempts should someone claim lack of due dillegance on our part.
That said. We have found their email service to be unreliable, It often ends up in spam filters and if the email address is wrong we won't receive a bounce back notice. And it doesn't comply with the new Anti spam laws (for canada). Instead we use our regular email service. As an update on the previous comment. They have changed their 1800 number so it works for Canada now. Also the features checklist isn't accurate here.
It can handle Billing and Invoicing, though it is more functional in conjunction with Quickbooks. (will integrate with quickbooks.)
It does do job scheduling, lead management, permit management, purchase orders, supplier management, task management, client communication,
One tip though. the initial transition can be rough to start. Whatever you think you will need for training and initial setup. Double it. We got 75% ready and then started using the program and most of our frustrations have been our own fault. Take the time to get it completely set up and run everyone through exactly how you want it used. They are constantly up dating the program and some major changes are coming in the next year that will put them out front in the roofing software game again.

New user at Apex Roofing

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Jennifer F.
Brand Ambassador
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have now been ordering materials through the system and not on hand written papers. We have also been able to communicate better within our company using messages and task lists.

Vorteile: The functions that the software offers are very vast. Very easy to use. There are multiple layers and it is fun to explore and peel back the capabilities each week through our training calls with Dave.

Nachteile: No cons. Maybe just that we joined and then they offered other upgrades shortly after. I said something and they said they would give me the sale rate after we do our training.

Great program for Roofing Contractors

Bewertet am 15.7.2017
Meghan B.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall an effective program and now I couldn't do this without Acculynx!

Vorteile: Able to keep an accurate record of communications with customers as well as supplies we have orders. We like that we can upload documents to the customer portal and share them with all staff members even when the estimator is in the field.
Acculynx also tracks the phone calls that are made to the customer from the mobile app and tracks all email communications with customers which allows to ensure our staff are providing the proper attentention to the customer and it also allows me to pull the customers portal when a customer calls and says "I never heard from your staff" I can pull it up and even share it with the customer. I can also track orders and invoicing as well as payments.

Nachteile: The calendar is a flaw, if you have a lot of service personal (They are coded by different colors for each employee) there is a lot of colors! I wish they had an option that would allow you to create separate calendars, example: one calendar for repair crew and a separate one for estimators and instead of colors place them side by side. It gets overwhelming with a ton of colors

Great CRM with a lot of connectivity

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Aislynn T.
Senior Administrator Sales & Production
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are solving the issue of having to panic when customers from more than a few years ago call in for warranty work. With Acculynx, we are able to pull up past client info and see exactly when and where we sent all documents, ensuring that claims of misinformation are squashed immediately. In addition, the operations and finance departments are better able to see the big picture metrics in sales and job costs, to help to organize where additional resources are needed and where we can pull back.

Vorteile: i really like that the messages can be sent in-system or externally as email. The reporting feature has been very useful to our lead tracking and overall closure rates.

Nachteile: The emails we send to clients from in-system ALWAYS wind up in their junk mail because of that crazy extension on the email addresses. Also - when entering lead notes, the calendar and appointment features Auto-populate the customer info unnecessarily - when our field reps look at each appointment, they have to scroll and scroll past the customer info to get to the lead notes. We are now going back into appointments and having to alter to get the lead notes above the client info. It is double work.

Ease of use

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Amber S.
COO
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is an excellent communication tool for a business with multiple employees when the software is used correctly.

Vorteile: extremely user friendly and is set up to follow operating procedures within any company in a consistent and accurate work flow

Nachteile: there have been some problems in the software which have been written off by support as "Glitches" and I had one help desk ticket out which was never resolved. I was not with this company at inception of Acculynx but my experience with the staff and Acculynx after they have used it for 2 years is the training (or lack thereof) from acculynx was sub-par. The staff in our company had zero work flow with the software. I know that aspect is the job of the company super users but apparently there were none in our business as operating procedures of our CRM did not exist and there was zero consistency with our users.

Only One Sales Person

Alexis M.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. My boss was told about it at Prosault and wanted to onboard within the year. We called in to get started, but honestly, with just me, it was hard to get the system uploaded and still be able to manage the phones and company. But, the rep(I believe), was great. He realized quick, that phone conversations were impossible, so he made special videos (outside of regular training videos) that I could watch at my pace and use to fix our system. It's up now and for the most part, functioning. We are still phazing out our old system, but we plan to be fully onboarded by the time he goes to his next Prosault meeting. We met with Acculynx at the Roofing Expo in Nashville this past year, and my owners actually won the ATV :)

Vorteile: that fact that we can upload from the job site and that our reporting is included in the software

Nachteile: It is geared more towards sales and less towards job completion. Also, too many different calendars for any business with less than 10 employees. I really wish that the calendar to schedule sales was better. I know you didn't reinvent the wheel because it syncs to Google calendars, but the idea is to have one go to spot. We would like to be able to view the calendar in the app instead of having to log in using our web browser. Also, we are excited to see what kind of updates come with the new production additions. We hope to use this software to communicate with our crews and not have to build folders.

Hi Alexis,
Thank you for reviewing AccuLynx! I'm glad it is working well for you and I will pass along your feedback to the product team. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with future suggestions or feedback at: http://feedback.acculynx.com/forums/243621-general-feedback. Hope you are all getting to enjoy the ATV!

The best roofing software out there

Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Addisen J.
Salesman
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great experience so far. This is a very expensive program, however. Sometimes, I think that there are other softwares out there who can make us just as productive, or productive enough to offset the difference of the cost. I would love to see the prices drop to something more fair, but I love the company. I love the idea. The product is the best for roofing, as we start to branch out to other types of work, I would love to see acculynx expand to other areas of the construction world as well.

Vorteile: I have used a number of different softwares for the construction industry. It was always hard to find a software that fit my needs for roofing. This company has done that. It has helped us to run a lean company and not hire more people on the operations end of the business. It is easy for the salesman to use and is easy for the operations team to use as it is integrated with our supply company. The reports help us to understand how our company is trending and help us to know what to change and where to change to get back on track. These things are awesome, but the best part is that they are constantly making changes to make the interface more and more user friendly.

Nachteile: The cons are that it is hard to use sometimes and there are little unique things that make the program way easier to use that we find out about months later. Acculynx is very good about giving us training, but they always expect us to all be there to sit through the training but we don't have time for that as often as they want us to be there. If there was a way to make it all learnable without the live trainings, it would be easier.

Need other options

Barb J.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A lot!! Just using messages and tagging employees, workers we can get the little things done to make our customers happy and a happy customer is what EVERYONE wants!!!!

Vorteile: The ease of the whole software and simple, very easy to upload pics, docs, etc.

Nachteile: Would like this to change or add on:
1-Job number - you should be able to change yourself and not being able to change starting job number. Ours starts with the year 19-9001 would like to see 19-0001
2-Customer in record you should be able to add another contract to their record. Can't do it. Say further down the road they want basement waterproofing, have to add another record, same but different job.
3-Need to cater to basement waterproofing and crawlspace encapsulation, Shannon could tell you what see needs or would like added.
4-The reports can be more flexible (I called in on that one) they couldn't do anything.

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Angela R.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Acculynx is not as complicated to use and is a good fit for the roofing industry.

Vorteile: The reports and software are easy to understand and use.

Nachteile: Commercial jobs show up under the employee's/owner's name instead of the company name. The cost is high compared to other software and charged more for the Elite. I have used other software such as Dash and Chronicle that does not charge for additional perks in the software.

It's nice enough

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Akasha M.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Searching for previous clients and jobs is awesome compared to the good ole search the file cabinet. The real time pricing is wonderful as long as you are centrally located, it doesn't account for the location of your perticular supplier when giving you prices.

Vorteile: I really appreciate the real time pricing, the cataloging of clients, and the ease of searching information.

Nachteile: The calendar isn't the best, it will allow you to over lap crews and appointments. The templates can be frustrating to organize. And you have to pay more to build a sale report the fits you.

Great product, needs a couple of features for myself personally

Brennen K.
Production Coordinator
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, my company enjoys Acculynx and the previous owners had good things to say as they used it primarily for exterior remodeling. I like that there seems to be consistent updating of the software and features, and continues to make managing projects easier.

Vorteile: I work for an interior remodeling company in Minnesota, and I think Acculynx is great for what we do. The dashboard make it feel like you have a central hub to work from and the entire site is visually appealing. The estimate portions are easy to understand and the calendar is simple and a must have.

Nachteile: I find myself needing to track to do list items for each individual job we have and I often find it clunky to use the checklist feature or using notes in the file. It would be nice if there was some sort of task manager for each just that was more like just a to do list that anyone from the company could jump in and edit, change, or mark items complete. We also have trouble with lost emails when mailed through the file directly.

Acculynx Review

Eddie P.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Everything so far has been extremely pleasant.

Vorteile: I like that they took the contractor in mind when creating the software. Great training and support.

Nachteile: I wish they had an app for more on the go contractors. I also wish they had a spot that homeowners could login and view the progress.

Hi Eddie,
Thank you so much for your kind review of AccuLynx! I have shared your suggestion with the product team. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with future suggestions or feedback at: http://feedback.acculynx.com/forums/243621-general-feedback.

Feedback on Quality of this system

Bewertet am 3.7.2019
David R.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great software to keep everything in line. I have enjoyed working through this system from the multiple companies I have introduced it to.

Vorteile: I like the simplicity of this CRM. There are good features which make it easy to use for the field guys as well. This online and app version is a must use when it comes to keep track of your projects on a job by job basis.

Nachteile: There are a few upgrades when it comes to attachments and invoicing I would like to see added. I will be getting a list together and sharing with the admin of Acculyx to see what we can do to add these minor details.

Data Entry

Rose S.
Admin. Assist.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I like using Acculynx and know that you will continue to correct/update the system.

Vorteile: All information about the job can be located in one place. We have eliminated a lot of "paper" documents.

Nachteile: When entering customer's addresses for a job.
Acculynx will sometimes drop the "numbers" of the address and when a sales person is on the road trying to find the customer, his calendar only shows the Street Name without the numbers. He then has to call me, I go back to when I received the lead, find the Numbers for the Street address and then re-enter it into acculyx for our records and then call the sales person and give them the information. Time consuming.

An excellent product, especially for contractors that are operating by the seat of their pants.

Bewertet am 13.2.2018
Robert H.
Consultant
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: over time Acculynx was able to be configured to run the entire roofing business from start to finish. All resources for all employees to be put inside this program. Being able to see what you installed, which includes your entire bill of material, is excellent.

Vorteile: Templates makes providing detailed estimates to customers a lot easier than what you are probably doing now. The messages, that are updated in each customers profile, makes it easy to keep your team on the same page. If you have an issue, the tech support staff is excellent. For field user, the app is like carrying the portion office that you need in your pocket.

Nachteile: Improvements need to be made to reporting and the production calendar. Adding the ability to search on repairs and warranty would be a nice feature.

Great App for Roofers

David B.
Sales Consultant
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The mobile app is easy to use and can do almost everything that the desktop app can. You can easily save paperwork sent to you through email into the app and do not have to take the extra steps to rescan and save. You can quickly pull up a contact and push a button to dial their number to call them. Big time saver.

Nachteile: I did not like that I can not create estimates through the mobile app. This would really come in handy out in the field. Also, it would be great if you only had to push the button once to call instead of twice.

Hi David,
Thanks so much for your kind words about AccuLynx. I have sent your feedback to the product team. We appreciate you being a customer and look forward to continuing to work together.

Key to Growth

Bewertet am 10.4.2015
Chris M.
Bau

Vorteile: The thing I like best is that I have a full scope of the business at any given time that I can access from anywhere. I never have to call or question anything, all I have to do is just pull out my phone and its right there. As an owner or manager there is no excuses anymore to not have a handle on the entirity of the business when using software such as Acculynx. The vendor designed this products foundation for the industry that we specialize in, thier customer support is fantastic and they have some of the best "Techys" in the world working for them.

Nachteile: The thing I like least about acculynx is if your internet connection is weak such as reps using a hotels wifi sometimes it can cause glitches in the system that are annoying. Least thing I like about the vendor is that they have a cool slide in their office and we don't. I guess thats more of a jealous thing though.......

Construction Review

Aaron B.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a great tool - but can be better with some updates

Vorteile: Keep track of all information and company records in centralized location

Nachteile: The mobile app....There is no calendar for the mobile app.
The email interface lock onto past customer emails and when you hit reply, those past customer emails automatically populate

The love of Acculynx

Adrean M.
Production Manager

Kommentare: Awesome

Vorteile: Acculynx helps myself and those who work with me on a daily basis.

Nachteile: The Acculynx App sometimes slows us down because it lacks some of the awesome features.