Über Patriot Payroll

Online-Gehaltsabrechnungslösungen für kleine Unternehmen. Gehaltsabrechnung in drei einfachen Schritten. Niedrige Preise ohne Überraschungsgebühren. Kostenlos testen!

Erfahre mehr über Patriot Payroll

The automation is useful - integration into QuickBooks. Calculations of payroll, automatic handling of tax filing and tax payments are a joy.

I was very upset Patriot neglected to file correctly, causing me to incur penalties and interest, and then they had the audacity to blame me for the error.

Bewertungen zu Patriot Payroll

Patriot Payroll hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 3.346 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Patriot Payroll bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (3.346)

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My payroll experence

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have no complaints and I'm very happy with the payroll software and the professionalism that is provided. I love it and have recommended this to every business person that I know.

The simplicity of the software is so user-friendly. Also, if you do have a question you can call and speak with a professional and get patient and competent help and you don't have to strain to try to understand through a thick accent as to what is being said.

If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

Melissa
Accounting and HR Manager in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Big fan of Patriot Payroll

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: This is the first web-based program I have used and I have been very happy with it. It's easy to navigate and easy to find any reporting I may need.

Having a website-based payroll system makes it easy to access. I can keep track of paid time off, deductions, garnishments and all the reporting. I appreciate being able to see past reporting and filings as well. It's live time so I can see employees logging in and out of the timeclock. Working with technical support as always been a positive experience, I can get answers right away.

The con about using this system is that it is not correctly registering our overnight crews clock ins and outs. Because they clock in the next day their hours must be manually corrected. I was told this is being worked on in order to get corrected in the future.

Book keeper in
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Get a real company to do your payroll

It is very inexpensive and takes on clients that have very few employees. Customer service reps are EXTREMELY HELPFUL, polite, and very knowledgeable of the program abilities and shortfalls.

You can cancel ANYTIME, but then you have to send all the State/Government taxes collect to their respective agencies with the appropriate paperwork. Patriot sends all the taxes back to you to deal with. Some taxes are due annually, due the end of January, so if you want Patriot to file it, you have to keep the subscription until that date. Nickel and diming. If you want them to track sick days, accumulated vacation days etc, it is included. If you want your employees to be able to track it through the online portal, that will cost you additional per month. Check out the list of add-ons to determine what is important to you. They offer QuickBooks import of data, but I have yet to see how anything matches anything on the bank statement. Like taxes are deducted from payroll, they show in a different month than the payroll, and the payroll imports as the gross amount which is not the amount sent to the employee by NatPay. If you use a dummy account in your accounting software (QuickBooks) to run all the payroll functions through, this will not bother you and your accountant will made the journal entry additional adjustments. I could not get my first payroll to reconcile, and it was determined that Patriot made an error and did not collect $ 3.60 in taxes somewhere. I am going with when the taxes were going to be sent to the agency, the error would have been found and corrected (depending on the tax agency, some are sent monthly, some quarterly, some annually.) The next payrolls were done correctly. NatPay is a 3rd party vendor that facilitates the employee direct deposit. If you enter a payroll incorrectly and want to cancel, even seconds later, Patriot says it is canceled, but you have to CALL NATPAY otherwise it goes through. Be sure to not miss the pop-up warning. I was advised they are working on a better solution to make sure it is clear what to do in order to cancel a mistake payroll that was submitted. The site is not all that easy to navigate. There are report and default options that may not be easy to locate how to set. Strongly suggest that you contact customer services and they will walk you quickly through the process. I have worked with 4 different Payroll service companies over the last couple of years. They are not all the same, they each have strengths and weaknesses and wide range of costs. From what I can tell, they all do the payroll functions of collecting and distributing employee payments and taxes correctly. The big difference, besides costs, is what they include in the base price, and if/how they enter this information into your accounting system like QuickBooks. With any payroll service, you always have the option to enter it manually into your system from the paystubs which ensure it is entered how you want it.

Antwort von Patriot Software

I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify some of your misgivings about Patriot: 1. You are correct, you can cancel anytime. If you do cancel, we do give you any money back we have collected so that you can make your filings yourself. If you want Patriot to file, for you, (we'd be happy to), you just need to cancel after the filings have been made. 2. You do not get charged to keep track of sick days or vacation days. There is a free feature in the software called "Manage Time Off". 3. Next pay periods DO automatically populate. This was a feature we added last year. 4. All payroll reports are under the Payroll tab under "Reports". We have an excellent "Payroll Details Report" where you can adjust dates and select specific employees and/or taxes to view. These can be grouped in a variety of ways: check, employee, paydate, totals 5. Once you run a payroll, a file is instantly sent to Natpay. If you void the payroll, you are correct, you will want to call Natpay and make sure the file has been canceled. Because this is a third party vendor who handles direct deposit, we can't control how their system works after the file is sent, unfortunately. We do give warning in the system to remind you. (We want to be sure your employees are only paid once.) 6. Our QB export only sends by pay date, not pay period. 7. We appreciate that we can make our navigation easier, and our UX team is on it! I'm having a customer support rep reach out to you to help you with these things. We are here for you, Chris. We want you to be among the thousands of satisfied customers Patriot serves every day!

Velda
CFO in USA
Baumaterial, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Payroll System out there

Kommentare: My overall experience since day one with Patriot has been very positive and if i have any problems with any employment agencies, they handle them right away and i have no more worry and fear of forgetting things. I'd recommend Patriot to any small or large business for maintaining their payroll needs.

I love Patriot Payroll because it is very easy to use and to understand. I had a hard time keeping up with all the necessary paperwork monthly and quarterly for tax purposes and Patriot took that worry away from me and I'm forever grateful!

I can't find anything, yet, that I do not like about Patriot.

LaDonna
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Company & Products

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: A GREAT EXPERIENCE! Easy, can process payroll from anywhere, customer service is top notch!

The ease of setting up a company and employees was great. It's very easy to process a payroll and if there are any issues, the customer service team is very responsive! The cost of using Patriot is way more affordable than the prior company we were using. Never have regretted the change!

I haven't found anything that I don't like other than having a quick way to send reports to CPA. Not an issue, just print reports.

Andrew
President and CEO in USA
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cost Effective and Easy to Use

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My experience has been excellent since day one.

Cost was reasonable. Customer service was excellent when setting it up and continues to be outstanding.

I can't think of anything I don't like about Patriot Payroll.

Carla
Office Manager and Bookkeeping in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll Service

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I find it very convenient and easy to use. They take care of all tax reporting and year-end tax forms. All I have to do is run my payroll and at year end review and approve the tax forms.

Easy to use, great report tools, can pay contractors and employees in one place.

Nothing at this time. The service rocks

Amy
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and great customer service!

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

The customer service representatives are really helpful whenever I need assistance. I also like how Patriot handles all the tax work and makes the payroll process very easy!

I haven’t had any issues so I can’t really name anything.

Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Patriot has been a great decision for us

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

The software is easy to use to run payroll and also easy to adjust employee information. The customer service is also excellent. Every time I have emailed an issue, they have an answer within 24 hours, often same day.

I don't really have any negatives. The software has worked well and we haven't had any issues thus far.

Patricia
Cert res appraiser in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Great for self employed

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Great. I signed up my other co as well. I like being able to go on and set up things easily.

I can have my taxes and filings needs taken care of.

Im not always able to find what i need. A certain report or form.

Kristen
President in USA

Patriot Software

Kommentare: Customer Service is great . It's not always intuitive with where to find things, but over the year + we've used it they've made a few great improvments (like multi hour wages, and pto tracking).

We use Patriot Software in a wide variety of industries (restaurant, retail, day care, and more). I love how I can set it up for a client, and show them briefly how to run their own payroll. Very easy for simply payrolls.

My biggest pet peeve is the inflexibility of making tax adjustments. For Example: a restaurant where they pay out tips each night means that a check would be for sever hours only, usually about $40 for the week. The tips justify enough taxes that they end up with a negative paycheck. In any other system I can manually adjust the taxes held to get the check to zero or close. (the server ends up owing money at the end of the year). With PS, I have to come up with other options for getting the paycheck to zero (like getting the business to cover the taxes in the meantime).

Taylor
Account Analyst in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overall please with our switch from Quickbooks to Patriot

Kommentare: Overall we have had a great experience with patriot, we had quite a few issues with the transition over (mainly due to the fact we made the switch in the 4th Qtr of 2019 so there was a ton of data to be entered). Because of the amount of data and timing we have had several issues with our tax filing from 2019- but what I love the most about patriot is that they are the most accessible help line that I have ever came across in the business world, you rarely wait on hold for longer than 10 minutes and it has never taken them longer than a few hours to respond to emails- making problem resolutions very quick.

I love how organized it keeps all of our data and the ability to send our hourly time clocks straight to the payroll.

I wish that you could hide inactive employees from the reports drop downs, and wish that you could create groups within the reports so that you dont have to hunt and peck for certain employees when running reports. I also wish that there was a way for the managers to view hourly time clocks without needing access to the main admin account.

Karen
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Patriot is an amazing platform for small businesses

Kommentare: I have been a customer for over 4 years. I left for a brief time thinking I could find something better but after only 5 months, I came back to Patriot. There short falls do not add up to their amazing customer service!

You can't beat the price point for the technology. it's a solid platform for a small business. They are constantly developing new features that enhance the experience. Their customer service is the best in the business, by far! I don't know how they do it but they hire the nicest most helpful people out there.

Their reports are somewhat limited and the ability to capture history for changes is non-existent.

Vickey

Awesome Payroll Software

Kommentare: As I have stated before, their support is awesome and the "chat" feature has a live person on the other end=) Those live people know the software as well and are usually always able to resolve any issue I have in minutes. Set up is a little difficult ...IF you don't know payroll, so I would strongly recommend hiring someone that knows your type of industry (I work with churches and ministers and payroll is an area that I see a lot of mistakes)...to set up the software for you. But after you get it set up, it is pretty easy to use. I highly recommend this software.

Their support! After leaving Intuit Payroll for Patriot, their "knowledgable" and available help was a refreshing change!

There is not an "auto" payroll for my clients that have the same payroll each time. With that added feature, Patriot Payroll would just about be perfect in my opinion.

Mary
Secretary/Accounting in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Patriot Payroll Review

Kommentare: Really like it! The customer service team is AMAZING! I've never had any issue that couldn't be solved quickly and efficiently

The product is very easy to use, especially without having too much experience with payroll processing. Adding all our historical records for the year was very easy, it easily creates journal entries that can be imported directly into Quickbooks!

There really isn't any con. The ONLY thing that is frustrating at times - it has nothing to do with the service itself, however, when I process payroll before getting approval from my boss (oops!) i've had to void the full payroll only to process it a day or two later (cash flow) - the taxes are deducted from our account 2x, then refunded after 1-2 days. This is our fault when this happens, but if I had to list a con I guess that would be it :)

Neal
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bang for your buck!

Kommentare: I had tried ADP and PAYCHEX before switching to Patriot. As a sole proprietor running a small business, I was not prepared to handle payroll taxes. ADP was so expensive, i felt. Paychex had me depend on a person to take my info and process it. That person was off one day when my payroll needed completed and i missed payroll! That didn't go over well. For the last few years we have used and fallen in love with the simplicity of Patriot. I input the numbers and it gives me a PDF to print onto my checks instantly. It's all I ever wanted.

1.) Its simple to use. 2.) Its cheap. 3.) Full featured but lets me print my own checks instantly.

I thought at first that Patriot was going to send out the Tax documents to my employees. But that wasnt the case. That was a bummer as i wasnt at first prepared. But it makes since that we should send them to know we meet our deadlines and have proof they were sent.

Antwort von Patriot Software

Neal, you've made our day! Thank you for spreading the word about Patriot!

Noreen
Operations Manager in USA
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer Service and Features / Restrictions

Kommentare: Payroll rules and tax reporting / payments are simplified in one place.

This software was very easy to use, and as my business grows I am finding the necessary features needed are available to me. Whenever I have called customer service, I usually have gotten a person that is knowledgeable and is able to help me. There have been times that the person called has not been able to help me, and was able to escalate my issue to someone that could.

Changes to setting sometimes allow changes that are incomplete. In 2019, I added the accounting software to Patriot Payroll. I updated settings in "Payroll Integration Options" but missed some. I was able to save the partial data and run a payroll. When reviewing the accounting journal entry that was generated from the first payroll with the accounting software, I saw the JE generated was incomplete. If I had not checked to verify this JE was correct, this would have been difficult to track down later. This is a big miss, and there should be some warning or stop to prevent this (incomplete data) from happening.

Craig
Principal Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Basic Payroll for Small Business

Kommentare: For small business, it's a great value. We are Full Service Payroll customers so I can't speak on partial service. I understand there is some manual effort on your part if you take the partial service option. My CPA was amazed that Patriot does Full Service payroll for what they charge. Like the Accounting Software, it's pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you only have a a few employees it's not a big deal. I also like that if you have a payroll question on "Why is this happening" they can answer it. Sometimes the answer goes beyond the functionality of the software and that's ok that their team will do that. Customer Service is excellent. Highly recommend Patriot.

The full service payroll is totally "hands off". They do everything, including filing reports. For the price it's a bargain. I can run Payroll in less than 5 minutes. The Wizard works well. If you make a mistake, delete the run and start over. Software is highly Available, as it is in AWS as I understand. Have never had an unplanned outage. If you are looking at the Payroll, consider the Accounting package also as the integration is totally seamless.

The reports can be confusing, but that's not an issue with the software, it's because I'm not an accountant. YTD reporting could be a little better.

office manager in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

The ease of Patriot Payroll

Kommentare: The staff is wonderful to work with. Tha software is like Payroll for dummies. Ease and very affordable.

Patriot has a very simple approach for the layman. If you don't understand they guide you and with patience and ease to get the job done. I highly recommend the payroll software.

I've only used Patriot for just over a month. So far so good.

Danielle
Executive Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best decision!

Kommentare: Purchasing access to the Patriot Software program was one of my best decisions. In fact, I wish I had started sooner because it would have saved me a lot of time and money. I appreciate knowing when I call for tech support I will be able to speak with a person in a timely manner, and that person will be patient with me. I cannot imagine growing my business without Patriot Software.

I am both a scientist and an educator, not a business person by training. Patriot Software was recommended to me by my accountant. I primarily use the payroll features for my small business. It is so easy to use for both myself and employees. I appreciate the fact there is an employee portal. All of the features from running payrolls, to creating W2s is so user-friendly. And when I haven't been sure how to accomplish something the phone in teach support has been amazing. Aside from the product being a wonderful time saver for me to use, it also at a price point that is incredibly reasonable.

This is one of the rare items I have ever used where I have nothing constructive that should be changed. I have been thrilled with all aspects of the Patriot System.

James
Vice President in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best support you could ask for

Kommentare: I am so pleased with Patriot. I am very happy that I moved my practice from SAGE to Patriot and I try to tell anyone who will listen that Patriot is a superb product

The software is very user friendly. but in the even that there is an issue, I have reached out to customer support and received EXCELLENT support anytime it is needed

There are a few quirks that you have to learn but nothing major. And the setup process can be a little stressful at times

Richard
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding Product

Kommentare: Customer service can sometimes seem limited and that is knowledgeable as you would like. But overall customer service just stand out for the willingness to try to meet the demand.

The software is exceptional in value As integration of employees and tax documents. Patriot software it’s a user-friendly and intuitive product that is easily and asset for any company organization.

Customer service can sometimes seem limited and that is knowledgeable as you would like. But overall customer service does stand out for the willingness to try to meet the demand

Andy
Practice Administrator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for Small Business

Overall Patriot Payroll systems have been very user friendly for our small medical practice. Timecard features are easy to use for employees and payroll administration. Adding payroll features such as insurance deductions, 401(k) contributions and payroll advancement deductions are easy to implement and are immediately updated in the system. Patriot makes it easy to find payroll tax filings and keeping track of accrued time-off benefits for employees. I would highly recommend this software for small businesses looking for an easy-to-maintain payroll solution.

Some of the payroll tax integrations could be improved on a state-by-state basis. It's not as intuitive if an employee wants to make certain tax deductions (withholding more than just standard deductions). Also, if you have employees who often work at multiple sites, there's no easy way to select the location where the work is performed other than updating the employees profile and changing it on a daily basis when submitting your payroll. Also, it would be nice to have time-off accrual rules built in to the employee profile as opposed to going into the separate module for time-off rules, but this is a very minor issue.

Ted
President in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software and tremendous support

Kommentare: I love Patriot Software. The tech support is unmatched. I ALWAYS get issues resolved in one call. The software is easy to use, and the monthly billing price makes a huge difference for customers with weekly payroll. I have one client that is saving hundreds of dollars per month.

My clients love the fact that they can process payroll in Patriot (especially using direct deposit) and be done with it. Patriot handles direct deposit, federal, state and local tax payments and filings, generating W-2's, generating 1099's for contract workers, etc. It makes it all very simple.

There are really only three things I would like to see changed: 1. If you start a payroll and want to change ANYTHING for ANY employee, you have to abandon all that you have done, change the employee information, and start over. I have clients with 40+ employees and this is something that they dread. I can understand the challenges of allowing the underlying data to be changed, but if it could require just re-entering the employee whose information was changed, that would be huge. 2. If I am helping a client and I want to see what they are seeing, I cannot do it in Patriot. I would love to see a read-only mode for consultants so that we could see what our client is seeing. We do this by screen sharing now, but that is an additional hassle. 3. I would love to see an option to group the data that is downloaded to QB Online, but still shows detail. For example: list every gross payroll item, consolidate employer taxes into one entry, consolidate direct deposit withdrawals into one entry, consolidate employer and employee payroll taxes paid into one entry. I do this as a favor for some of my clients, but it would be great if it were done automatically.

Tammi
Owner/Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Patriot Payroll Above and Beyond!

Kommentare: Patriots customer service is great. Anytime I have had an issue they have responded promptly with a fix or at least information regarding the issue.

Patriot is very user friendly and cost effective. Payroll is very easy to run and reports are easy to find and put together.

There are a few items that could use some help: 1st - Payroll Draws could have a section on the payroll run versus backing out and having to go in under the employee first. 2nd - Having the option to pay out a bonus without zeroing out a salary and adding in hours. System requires a 0 salary but 1 hour to pay out a bonus. 3rd - The option to pay out a bonus with only social security and medicare. Almost all payroll companies offer this....what we have to do is change the W4 and then go back and add it back in...that can cause an error that could easily be fixed. Lastly - No timecard system for Monthly payroll processing. There is a weekly, semiweekly and bi monthly but no option for Monthly. There are still some out there that use this option to pay their employees and not offering a timecard system is a loss to patriot.