Über Bill4Time

Erschwingliche und einfach zu verwendende Saas-Lösung, um deine Stunden zu verfolgen und den Überblick über deine Ausgaben zu behalten. 14 Tage kostenlos testen.

Erfahre mehr über Bill4Time

It is user friendly, the support at B4T go above and beyond. Easy to use, not complicated any single user can use without difficulty.

Payments can be a little confusing. I take deposits and have to apply them later when I begin invoicing.

Bewertungen zu Bill4Time

Bill4Time hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 163 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bill4Time bereits verwendet?

Abigail
Abigail
Director of Mass Torts in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great for busy firms!

Kommentare: Our overall experience with Bill4Time has been great. The customer support team has been available when needed with quick responses and we have had no issues with the software.

There are features for everything that you can think of. Its easy for people to do the basic things that they need as well as advanced reporting features for administrators.

When you are using the software for projects with different companies, you are required to set up different logins. This can create confusion and requires staff to confirm that they are signed into the correct account when tracking time.

Francisco
Owner in Puerto Rico
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bill4Time got me started, helped me survive Hurricane Maria, and helped me survive covid-19

Kommentare: Awesome. My only thorn is what I wrote in the first "Con".

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently. If you have to follow billing guidelines that require a separate entry for every discreet task, the "batch" entry feature CANNOT be beat. Being cloud-based, I able to start working on getting my billing up to date within 48 hours of being hit by a CAT-5 hurricane. It has also let our team work remotely during the pandemic while having full access to our billing platform (my billing admin continues to work with us even though she moved out of state!). To put my review into context, after 25 years I opened my own law firm. My clients are mostly multi-national insurance companies that require I submit bills with ABA task and activity codes. I absolutely needed a billing platform, and I did not have the money to pay close to $10k in a server, "traditional software" (I grew up on one of the main legal billing programs out there) and IT setup. This costs me less per year that what such a program would cost, back-ups are taken care of, I can access from anywhere, and I don't have to cough up a pretty penny every five years to upgrade a server or the program. BTW- It has a very decent iOS app to boot (a proper app mind you; not browser based). I have no relation to Bill4Time; I'm just a very happy customer preaching its benefits as the practice of law evolves.

Even diamonds have flaws (at least most of them). I have only two items I yearn for, which I will share in order of importance: 1. When I look at a case and below I see all the time entries, I can see the activity code but I cannot see the ABA task code unless I click on the entry. It adds a step I would love to see erased when I am correcting our invoices. Not a dealbreaker for sure, but adding this small item would make a difference. 2. Much farther down the list: as far as I know, no Dropbox integration. I want to beg for it and did when I first subscribed to Bill4Time, but at present I am not sure I would even do much with it. Honestly, by now I don't even miss it. Being cloud-based, your session can hiccup (it's rare but it does happen) and its a nuisance. This is not on Bill4Time; any platform you use via the internet is always subject to this. But the benefits of a cloud-based program (which I mentioned in the "Pros") exceedingly outweigh this, at least for me.

Robert
Private Professional Fiduciary in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

Very User Friendly

Kommentare: Very Happy

Program was easy to set up and learning curve is low. Very easy to navigate and customize, if needed.

I do not have any complaints, except that this field has a minimum character requirement of writing a negative review to a positive review. I would recommend having this field as optional. Otherwise, you are requiring the writer of the review to illustrate a negative experience and where there is none.

Ellen
Controller in USA

Disappointed

Kommentare: Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Antwort von Bill4Time

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Omara
Attorney in Puerto Rico

Recommended Features

The software is easy to use and has minimal downtime.

(1) Integrate abbreviations for words or phrases used repeatedly when filling out time sheets, so that the user only needs to type the abbreviation rather than writing the complete word or phrase. For example, "TW" for "telephone call with". The user will enter TW and the software automatically writes "telephone call with". (2) When words are misspelled, the software should correct automatically or at least show possible corrections (like Microsoft Word features when words are misspelled).

Catherine
Office Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for law office

Kommentare: Very easy to use in all capacities, from entering time and expenses, creating invoices, editing, reports, etc.

I really like the reports tab...I can run just about any kind of report very quickly and easily.

I can't really think of anything. There may have been some things in the past that I "wished" bill4time would have, and when I would ask for help if it existed, and if it didn't exist, it does now. Updates are happening without any interruption to our use.

Charles
Consultant in USA
Halbleiter, Selbstständig

You get what you pay for

Kommentare: Simple, straight-forward time tracking and billing. Presentation is paramount -- we live in a time-driven linear world and this software supports that view. Invoices are clean, simple and professional looking. My sole client likes the format and knows I can tailor it to his needs.

Maturity, UI design, time tracking and billing.

Nothing really. There are aspects I do not use, so can't really comment on them.

Managing Director in Kanada

Great, easy to use software, simple invoicing

Kommentare: Great, very easy to use

The dashboard simplifies tracking and time entry. Invoicing is simple and I like the multiple ways to reconcile payment.

The price is a little steep for a small company, but the functionality is great!

Howard
Manager and Sole Member in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Sole practitioner user

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Good product for a small office.

Easy to use for timekeeping and billing, intuitive features once you get the hang of it, good customer support. Allows for payments by wire or by check. Invoices can be customized.

After I lost my office administrator, I had to figure out the billing and accounting process, and it took a little effort to understand the set-up, but I got there and it is pretty easy.

Therese
Attorney in USA

Outstanding Billing Service

Kommentare: Outstanding!

I most like the Efficiency of, Bill For Time and ease of use! The programs is accurate and user friendly.

Infrequently, I sometimes experience minor issues with the Bill for Time Mobile App.

Ashton
President in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

Kommentare: When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Cynthia
Paralegal in USA

Satisfaction

Kommentare: My overall experience with this software is the new features and changes to the software that helps me to be more efficient in my job. I enjoy the fact that I can print reports for different cost. I like having access to the support team at anytime I needed them. I am thankful for the availability of being able to communicate with the support team about any immediate issues or problems I may be having. I find it very helpful in having live chat and the tutorials available to access at any time I need them. No matter how big or how small my problems are they are very professional and knowledgeable. I like that I can print the transcript to keep for future use should I run into the same problem and forgot what I had done the first time. I like the fact that I can print a report halfway through the month that allows me to see where I am with my monthly billing and productivity and it allows me to print case history which is helpful when I have to prepare an Attorney Fee Affidavit. The new features for notes are so helpful here when a client calls I can open their case and put phone conversations and print the notes for the attorney. My job is all about paper trail. I had a professor in college who said it is not what you say but what you write.

Very user friendly software . When I first started with the firm a co-worker showed me how to maneuver in bill4Time. Then she set me on my own. If I found myself not sure about what I was doing I would either review the tutorial or contact bill4Time's support team either by phone or live chat. The support team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the software. There has not been one problem that has gone unresolved with the support team. They are very diligent with getting back with you if they have to research an issue or a problem I may be having.

I would not say I like any thing least about this software. I am looking forward to the ability to be able to track consult fees. I am looking forward to a new tab that has consultations which will allow you to put the client into the system and the amount of the consult fee. This would eliminate me having to keep track of two Conflict of interest list.

Owen
Member in USA

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Kommentare: Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training. Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite. The integration with QuickBooks works well. The iphone app is well done.

The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move). Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's local credentials, like the credentials for users to login to their computer. So if a user is logged into their computer, they don't need to authenticate on B4T. NetDocuments has this capability and it is VERY nice. The standard reports could be more of aimed at the reports that law firms would use. Like for instance, matter-specific invoice reports for use in legal fee applications (amazingly, it does not offer that report!) Clients have found the invoices a bit confusing where they also contain trust account balances. There is some opportunity to customize them--to a point.

Eric
Principal in USA

Great Product and Support

Kommentare: Overall, I am pleased. The software is very easy to use to track time and expenses. Support is very good. The accounting features take some learning and could be made easier. Nice integration with Box too.

The software has a lot of useful features such as allowing you to bill by the hour, flat, or contingency. I use all three fee arrangements so this feature is crucial.

In terms of the user interface, it is not the most appealing software. Everything is basically blue, white, or grey. There is a helpful dashboard, but overall, it might benefit from some redesigning.

Myron
Member in USA

Mac user

Kommentare: Excellent.

Works with Mac. Easy to setup and use. Works well with remote timekeepers. Never had an error or problem with this billing software after 5+ years. Great customer service to answer questions about features.

Nothing. Works great. No problems to report.

Christine
Office Manager in USA

Great Billing System and Great Value

Kommentare: B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner. Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her. Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Jason
Jason
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Clean, easy to use billing software

Kommentare: Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Richard
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Tejera Review 11/15/21

Kommentare: Billing and collecting is a lot easier

The time tracking feature is fine. I wish that you would help filling out the description of the billing by, for example, entering Telephone Conference when I click on the type of service rendered; Review when I click on Review; Correspondence when I click on Correspondence, etc. The billing becomes a problem when you begin to prepare an Invoice and then you can't go back to it because it is in "Pre-Billing"

Putting together a bill is not as easy as it should be. It should be easier to put together a bill.

Liana
Solo Practitioner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I have loved Bill4Time since 2009!

Kommentare: I get my billind done very fast compared to how long it would take me to do it manually. It is also great to keep track of my productivity.

It is easy to keep track of billable time, especially with the desktop widget.

Things have to be entered in a certain order on the widget. Otherwise they get erased. This is a hassle since my short term memory is not that good. I would like to be able to enter data on the widget in any order. I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports. They are not friendly to non accountants. I just want to know who owes me what and since when. I still don't know how to do that after 11 years of being your client.

Lisa
Legal Assistant in USA

Excellent Product for a New and Continuing Users

Kommentare: Migrating to B4T has been a great move for our office. When I have had questions, it has been simple to do a quick chat or call to help me navigate my way. This has been a real boon to the practice and I am very happy with this product. The more I dig in the more I realize how helpful this program is to analyze our overall productivity.

We used another billing product which was specific to our business, but really inadequate for the practice. This has been a great change for us. The set up was easy. It is user-friendly overall - not just for hourly billing - but for info, expenses and accounting for each client including adding the receipts for the client's review. Additionally, the available reports make it simple to see who is billing how much, which payments have been made in any specific period and help us with work and cash flow.

The only issue that I have is when I am adding multiple expense or time entries, I occasionally end up with an open item that I am not sure is captured or not. This may be due to my method of entry, but it requires me to double back and recheck it.

Matthew

Almost Does it All

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Shana
Shana
Paralegal and Office Manager in USA

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

Kommentare: The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Tama
Executrix and Paralegal/Investigator in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

The perfect fit

Kommentare: It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Excellent Product; Better Support

The software itself is fine. What stands out, however, is the technical support. They not help with software questions, but help even more with correcting bookkeeping errors. We have gone to a virtual firm model, so each attorney handles more and more of the day to day administrative functions, including billing and bookkeeping. To know you have someone to call who can generally take the time to walk through and correct mistakes and provide technical assistance is critical.

As with any software if you were to develop it yourself (assuming you had the ability to do so) you would do it differently in some regards. For instance, I usually enter time for a day on the following day. it would be nice to not have to change the date for each entry, but to change the date just at the start and keep it on that date until you manually change to a different date. This is a nit and relates to how I do things. I'm sure I could come up with other nits, but overall the program works and works well.

Sharon

Great Billing Software

Kommentare: Great product and great customer service.

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.