Über Sage Timeslips

Zeit- und Kostenverfolgung sowohl auf dem Desktop als auch unterwegs, lässt sich in QuickBooks und gängige Verwaltungssoftware integrieren.

Erfahre mehr über Sage Timeslips

I learned the business side of a legal practice in part from using Timeslips.

There's no way to complete multiple tasks (you either have to use a global setting so that each time entry is automatically completed or you have to complete each one - there's not in between option).

Bewertungen zu Sage Timeslips

3,0
2,6
3,3
2,6

Sage Timeslips hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 65 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sage Timeslips bereits verwendet?

Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei

Easy way to keep track of all attorney billing statements, as well as client payments.

Kommentare: It is easy to keep track of attorney time, things happening with each individual file, and client bills.

Each attorney can have their own form of the software and enter their specific entries. You can see all client bills from the past and present. There is an easy screen which shows each client's balance, last bill cycle, last payment, their address, phone number, and how much interest they are accruing. It is easy to enter your time entries and generate client bills. You can also generate all client's who haven't paid, last time they've paid, how much they owe now, and past due balances. You can also enter "notes" with each individual client to keep track of their payments and cards, etc.

There are a lot of different functions in the software that I don't know how to use or what their purpose is. The office manager has a lot more control over the program so employees can only access certain things. The items I can access were difficult to learn since the buttons are spread out. Some functions that I use left often are harder to remember where they are located. My least favorite thing about the program is that it is very slow and constantly freezes. I have to then wait several minutes to use anything else on the computer, or I have to manually exit the program a few times before it will work after freezing.

Roger M.
Owner/Member in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Meets My Needs, But Frequently Wonky

Kommentare: While certainly not perfect, it remains better than the competition and meets my needs- frustrates me, but I'm still going to be buying the software.

Easy to use, good layout, and intuitive.

The program gets wonky pretty often- it doesn't always like anti-virus software, tech support is god-awful, cost keeps going up, and even calling tech support, they haven't been able to eliminate locked screens/info. Also, when you print a History Bill for court to submit to judges, it prints out titled as "Adjustment Note" in large bold lettering, so trying to explain that it is actually a History Bill to a judge unfamiliar with TimeSlips goes nowhere and they are very reluctant to accept it!!!

Jane L.
Of Counsel in USA

Timeslips Billing Software

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It was a good software for the basic purposes that it served, i.e. timekeeping and billing. But I do recall that there were a lot of user issues and lack of tech support.

I recall that Timeslips was the first billing software I used as a full-time practitioner, and it was a good way to get a sense for how a billing software works, and to learn the value of keeping track of time for making money! I learned the business side of a legal practice in part from using Timeslips!

Our firm used Timeslips several years ago when the then-managing partner had purchased a limited number of user licenses for the software. After new partners came into the firm, and the firm was growing, the limited number of licenses became an issue, and I recall there were times when different attorneys could not access the system due to limited license usage issues. Then, the office manager and the firm partners were looking into whether it was possible to purchase additional licenses, and I think cost was an issue. We also didn't have access to tech support, which frankly I don't recall why except for maybe that service did not come with the type of licenses we purchased, or it was simply too much money than what the firm was willing to spend at the time.

Tracy T.
Legal assistant in USA

office manager

Kommentare: Since upgrading my windows to 11 - nothing good about this program. It uninstalled when I upgraded to windows 11. It forced me to buy a new version - pay annually and many of the features I used for billing are gone. I keep having to upgrade. Support always says' that option is not available with your version"

Loved the program until your new billing system. Now you have to pay annually and most functions that you had prior are only available with the most expensive tier. Ive upgraded my tier once (additional $450) for one feature, and now need to upgrade yet again for the same billing function I had before. Nickle and diming your customers only serves to annoy and is leaving wanting me to find a new program after 25 years of being a loyal customer

Lynn B.
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Served its Purpose Well

Kommentare: My overall experience with Timeslips was positive. It was a little expensive, but not in comparison to other billing software programs out there. It was relatively easy to use, and we produced attractive and accurate bills for clients. It was only when my firm structure changed that Timeslips could not accommodate us for a reasonable price.

I found Timeslips to be relatively user friendly. I used it when I was in a partnership with another attorney, and our monthly billing seemed to run smoothly. I had come from another firm that used Tabs, and I found that Timeslips was less complicated overall to use.

We had some problems with Timeslips after closing our office and changing to remote only offices. We had been using it on a server, and when we tried to change that, it caused a lot of errors and we lost a lot of time trying to make it work. Ultimately, one partner stuck with Timeslips on his system, and I went to another cheaper software product instead of purchasing a second instance of Timeslips. It was frustrating that I had to start from scratch with all client data in the new system, but I don't really fault Timeslips because it certainly worked as needed when we purchased it for our server in the office.

Melinda S.
General Counsel in USA

Buyer Beware - Frequent New Versions and Very Long Waits for Tech Support

I use it only for basics and it would have bee fine for that if they actually supported it. Even with Support the wait times were ridiculous. I was on for 3 hours and 5 minutes with them last week. Took 30 minutes just to get to a live person who could help.

Timeslips keeps "upgrading" software I do not need an upgrade for - and after 3 "upgrades" you have to pay for a new version or they cut off tech support (which suggests a financial incentive on their end that would explain the frequent upgrades). You do not get tech support for 3 years (which would be reasonable) - if they upgrade 3x in a year (which they have the right to do per the person I ultimately spoke with) then you have to incur substantial cost for a new version. Also, when you have tech support - the wait times are insanely long. As lawyers, we generally bill by the hour. In addition to my 3 HOUR experience last week, I was just on again this morning for 17 minutes before anyone live even answered. Then, that person needed to transfer me to someone but kindly agreed to stay on the line. They were on for about 5 minutes and finally they gave up and said they would send an email to that department to call me back (I am not holding my breath . . . ). This whole situation is crazy - they actually have software that will call you back if you hit "1" - but this option was only offered to me once (last week) and only after I'd been on hold for 15 minutes. BEWARE and do your diligence before purchasing this product.

Gary R.

While easy to enter time with Timeslips, it is far too buggy. Go with another program.

Kommentare: Well...it does track my time and gets bills out, but not without a large amount of aggravation.

Easy to enter data into Timeslips. It is full featured if you can figure out the features. You'll like the program at first - until it starts giving you problems - and it will.

Horrifically bad support. It's a buggy program with frequent problems. There is a general rule with software - if they charge for support, it means it's buggy and a frequent problem. Timeslips is no exception. You rarely get through. Instead they take your phone number promising to call back. But they will only call back once, so you might find yourself on a merry go round trying to connect. Database is frequently corrupted requiring verification and repairs although the transition to the Firebird database seems to have helped. I started using Timeslips years ago and the only reason to continue is that of the fear that my data cannot be accurately transferred to a decent program. Most recent problem is poor compatibility with Outlook 2016. Whenever Outlook is open, text entry into the description field of a timeslip lags badly. While there are a lot of reports, figuring out which report and how to get the info you want can be challenging. You can modify layouts for bills, etc., but the user interface for doing so is from the dark ages.

Sage Timeslips

Kommentare: I used Timeslips to capture time to bill to clients. I found the program difficult to use, too many features for most users and the updates were too expensive.

It is a well know program, from a reputable company and it has been on market over 15 years.

1. Complicated to setup, 2 Difficult to use, 3. Too many features for most users, 4. Expensive and 5. Updates are expensive.

Charles F.
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service ever.

Kommentare: Terrible. I am leaving Timeslips to go to another billing provider.

Not much. Difficult to use, nearly impossible to set up.

Customer service is the worst I have experienced. Very difficult to set up and use.

Stefanie Y.
Stefanie Y.
Litigation Paralegal - Personal Injury Department in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Outdated - Not the best customer service

Kommentare: Overall, the new firm that I am with does not use this program and I am so happy for that. It CAN and WILL get the job done for you, but there are a ton of other programs out there that can get you more bang for your buck in my opinion.

Very basic and easy to navigate for the most part. It was easy to teach other employees how to learn the system because it was very cut and dry.

It is outdated and needs a lot of work. The functions that it has can be updated and improved to make it better. It seemed like certain features you'd have to click 10 steps to get to something that could easily be in a drop-down menu. It just isn't the greatest layout and way to use a program. Also - the customer service is only there for you if you buy a very expensive addition to your software package. So, even if you have a basic question they wont help you, and there are little to no helpful posts online if you try to Google a problem you have because I don't think a ton of people use the program.

Chris L.
Attorney At Law in USA

Going To Clio

Kommentare: After using it since around 2000, I'm going to Clio. The screens are easier to read. It manages your entire practice easily. It is more economical. One does not run into the update ripoff robbery by Sage. The final straw is the Windows side of my MacBook Pro overloaded so I could not get on the internet (that is a complaint about Apple making hard drives only 512 gig in size...at least now you can get an 8 terabyte hard drive if you can wait for it to be shipped from China (hopefully Coronafree)). So when I revised the partition of Bootcamp, it wiped off Timeslips. I had made several backup copies. Now I have to buy 2020 to be able to get my data from Timeslips. Its the last money they'll get from me.

It allowed me to keep track of time and billing when nothing else was available.

It or your computer invariably crashes every 4 years and Sage won't let you redownload the version you have been using. Thus, you have to buy an "update" at $1,200.00 or more. The screen is structured so the print is too small. I have gone to Macs around 10 years ago so I have to run it under BootCamp because it is a Windows only program. Until recently it was not cloud based.

Linda F.
Office Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Have Used TimeSlips for Years

Kommentare: We are comfortable with it. Our office has been using this software to track individual user hours and role rates for decades. I am quite sure our accounting software has a time feature, but we are happy with TimeSlips.

In our accounting office, we have used TimeSlips since I have been there (over 18 years). We have only updated our version once during that time. It is a basic time, expense, and client tracker. We are a small 3-person firm, and it meets our needs. We haven't updated our version since 2011, so our product is no longer supported. There is a quirk in our version, but I have found a workaround, and the savings in not being required to upgrade our software is worth the workaround.

Customizing the templates is difficult, and for some reason this year, the "billing assistant" box cannot be moved or minimized once it is opened (this is a 2017 glitch--had not experienced till this year).

Ashleigh T.
Legal Assistant in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Works well keeping time to bill for attorney time, paralegal time and/or expenses!

Kommentare: It keeps our time accurately. Somewhat costly.

I enables us to keep accurate time records of billable and non-billable time for attorneys, paralegals and/or expenses! There are tons of ways to customize what your bills look like. I love that you can review your timeslip entries prior to final billing.

Some of the customization features they have we would like to use on our final bill but it is rather difficult to manipulate the format to look the way you view in your mind. Also, it isn't the easiest to look at the pre-bills there is a lot of information on the pre-bill and looks a little crazy at first glance, but then after you take time and get used to it, the prebill is actually easy to understand!

Jerry S.
Member in USA

Down The Rabbit Hole

Kommentare: It is more flexible than the software we were using. Otherwise it is archaic, convoluted, ill designed, inflexible and inelegant software to be avoided if at all possible.

It's breadth of functionality....which would be fine if all that functionality were useable.

There is very little I do not dislike. The software makes my life immeasurably harder. It is confusing to setup. The screens are hard to read, and badly laid out. The ability to change something if you discover it did not do what you thought it would is sometimes non-existent and if it exists, arcane to discover and use. The number of potential steps in the billing process is ludicrous, and each step has its own set of rules and strictures. The help screens are ludicrous, rarely address a common problem and meaningful customer service virtually non-existent. The software offers few chances to simply eliminate things that are unwanted. I don't need two nicknames for every person, task, activity, etc. In fact, I don't need any. Why not simply offer a screen that says, do you want to use nicknames, and if the user says no...eliminate them. One would normally think you would want the time slip you open to default to today, without having to make a choice, and give you a choice to change to a different date, but no...One would think that if you wanted to round to the nearest x minutes you could make that choice as a default, and change to something different on as needed basis... I have rarely used a software program that leaves me as apoplectic and heightens my blood pressure as much as this one. There are numerous much more usable programs on the market, and had I been asked before purchase, I would have chosen one of them.

Autumn B.
legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good program but with some flaws

Kommentare: I've used them for years and it is functioning accurately.

I like how the program has so many functionalities with respect to running reports and merging with other programs

The customer service is difficult to reach and you almost always have to call in vs. doing a chat. The size of the typing constantly changes as you type which is annoying. The template for the actual bill cannot be viewed and changed within the bill its self, you must do it while in the template and without seeing the actual function until you switch the viewing screen which is a pain when you need to see if you should move something a bit to the left or right or up or down.

Tiffany H.
Bookkeeper in USA

Great billing program!

Kommentare: Great software to assist in monthly billing!

Timeslips has features in place to prevent editing of old bills - I will say that sometimes it is ok to edit bills but for the most part we want our bills to remain the same as they were when they were sent to the client and Timeslips will only allow editing of the last approved bill which helps keep our bills as they were when they were submitted to the client.

I wish it were incorporated with a practice management software and the price was more attractive. I also wish the program support was better. Often we have to call an independent consultant and pay them more money to fix issues.

Lexi P.
Business Manager in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Carried our firm for a while, but we needed a change

The software got the job done for us for many years.

Not user friendly Not accessible via the web

Helen C.
Partner in USA

Sage Timeslips - Clunky and Ill-Suited for the Small Shop

Kommentare: Not good. The product was expensive, so I could not easily switch to an alternative once I realized how hard the product was to use. The options were limited when I first purchased the product. I've since moved on to a much better solution.

Once I figured out its quirks and counter-intuitive aspects, it generally worked. B

I paid way more than I should have for the many features that simply were not necessary for my small law firm. I found the product very difficult to use, and always had a hard time solving the problems I encountered.

Randall S.

Timeslips failed to evolve

Kommentare: Initially good, but deteriorated to the point I switched to another, better, cheaper and easier program.

I used this product for 20+ years through many versions. It was a decent time and billing system

Over time, the product become more and more expensive, support was difficult to obtain and there were many other competing products that were so much better. I switched to another solution about a year ago.

Robin C.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

This company is sketchy af

Kommentare: 20 years ago, they were a decent company and put out a decent product. Now they have built in glitches, designed to take your system down 12 months after you purchase their product so that your billing information is held hostage until you pay them the required amount.

It is simple to enter the time in. My employee pick up on entering the information fairly quickly.

I purchased the program, and not a subscription. You can count on the fact that in 12 months after you purchase the subscription, you will suddenly and magically begin to have glitches. Then they will tell you that that version of the program is no longer supported, therefore you have to spend some random amount of money to upgrade to a version that is supported. Some years this is been $400, some years it has been over $1,000. Meanwhile they hold your information hostage with the built-in error message/glitch that they have included in the program to start appearing within 12 months of your purchase. Run from this company. They will hold your billing information. They will tell you this is not their problem. If you chose not to run from this company, you better pay the extra ransom money for the service plan, but beware, eventually they will just give you the advise that you need to upgrade again.

Susan P.
Litigation Paralegal in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Although pricey, the functions meet our firm's needs.

Kommentare: Consistency throughout years of use.

Relatively easy to use, and the features meet our needs. The coordination of upgrades and database transfers was relatively painless. It coordinates with our MS Outlook, as well.

Technical support has been poor in our experience. Additionally, the cost is prohibitive to upgrading as often as should occur. We have experienced issues with incompatibility with some of our other software, as well.

Soncerie C.
Office Manager in USA
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sage TimeSlips User for over 20+ Years

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Better suited for other industries , Customer service started tanking, Wes still the Best they have in the Support Services area.

Ease of use after you figured out the bugs after every years upgrade.

Bugs after every years upgrade and that it was just narrow could not really bend for what architects/Designers need to track time and Bill projects.

Michael S.
President in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Timeslips has gone to a two obsolescence factor from 3 years. As a 10 user firm that is outrageous.

Kommentare: We have used for almost 30 years and did not want to change do the hassle of changing. Do to their change in obsolescence policy, they have motivated us to change. Not enough to make it worth purchasing every two years. That is a ridiculous obsolescence factor.

Beware, technical support is very poor and expensive. 2 year obsolescence policy on software. Some features like advance payment never worked correctly. Google the software and read comments regarding problems with software.

Diego P.
Director of Operations in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Is time for Timeslips to embrace the new tech age

Kommentare: I only used it for three years and the hardest part for timeslips was separating separate matters. In my overall experience, I will give 2.5 out of 5 stars. I don't understand why the company hasn't invested in upgrading their overall user experience.

The Pros of Timeslips were the reports and time tracker, otherwise, I believe is time for Timeslips to either embrace a new era of technology or get left behind.

It is desktop-based only. No cloud functionality and the only way to connect to it is by using RDP if you have a separate desktop and laptop that you take home. The navigation still looks like is from the 90s and even with their most recent editions, they were unable to change the user interface. Also, I was never able to find a way to convert the invoices to LEDES format.

IT Manager in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Reasonable software for professional services firm

Kommentare: We are stuck using this software as itis what is in place at this time.

It has flexible billing rate structure, outlook integration, ability to import external data and detailed time entry screens

Very poor features for remote time entry in comparison to every other competitor. Reporting features are limited to create custom financial reports. No project management features.