Über Yammer

Revolutioniere die interne Kommunikation, indem du alle Mitarbeiter*innen in einem privaten und sicheren sozialen Unternehmensnetzwerk zusammenfasst.

Erfahre mehr über Yammer

Yammer allows people with similar interests and/or work groups to interact in a business-friendly environment. It's fairly easy to use and integrated with Microsoft 365.

Sometimes the layers of communication are confusing. Don't know if this is meant to replace another product we use or what the intent of Yammer is but we use for internal company communications.

Bewertungen zu Yammer

4,0

Yammer hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 580 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Yammer bereits verwendet?

Harshita
Harshita
Content Writer in Indien
Schreiben & Editieren, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

You're safe with Yammer.

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: For me, the ability to communicate with my teammates and exchange ideas simultaneously is very useful.

When it comes to corporate communication, data security is a major concern. Yammer solved more than just our privacy concerns. There is no way for third parties to access our data. It provides us with a place to announce activities, discuss concerns, and share ideas.

There are no huge dislikes, but Yammer's editing capabilities are limited. I would prefer if I had the option to easily move posts up, highlight them, or add more prominence to them.

Liza
HR Officer in Jordanien
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A unique tool for coordinating communication between team members

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Through Yammer, we have records that document the work of the different groups, and it also helps to manage the process of communication between them, thus shortening the time needed to communicate information to members, and this leads to better tracking of tasks.

Yammer enables us to create groups by specialization, so that we can easily share files and task updates, in addition to scheduling all events for all group members in a unified calendar. I like the fact that Slack integrates with email platforms, as well as Video Conferencing platforms, which enables us to interact more efficiently, as well as enable us to discuss, add comments and suggestions in an organized way. With Yammer and thanks to the high-quality automation provided with it, all dashboards stay up-to-date, based on updates from group members.

There are no negative things affecting the main functions of Yammer, I just need to lift some restrictions on formatting and editing the panels to become more relevant to the nature of our work.

TAM in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Yammer - social networking, enterprise edition

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It’s alright - not great

Tightly integrated with Microsoft ecosystem, makes adoption easier

The UI is not appealing and functionality at times seems unnecessary

César
César
Computer engineer in Panama
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The standard network for business communication

Kommentare: In general, I have had an excellent experience with Yammer, it has everything you ask for from a collaborative tool and has the bonus of being part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is possibly one of the most powerful in the entire market. It is a 100% recommended platform for any audience.

Yammer is a Microsoft platform and it has all the good things about this type of tool, it is very flexible, it has a lot of integrations with third parties, it works fast, it works on any device, it is safe and reliable, the updates are up to date, etc. Yammer is an excellent collaborative tool, that is its main function, it applies from small groups to gigantic companies, it is a platform designed for collaborative work and its tools and interface make it noticeable, it has a fairly formal but very well optimized interface. In addition, it is an excellent program for internal communication and transferring files. Yammer is a 10/10 platform.

The platform's advertising is very invasive, from the many emails that arrive, from unnecessary notifications to the phone, etc. The interface, although it's fine, is quite boring, it works well, but it doesn't encourage you to spend a lot of time on the platform.

Digital Executive in Schweiz
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Combined with microsoft world. This tool has changed many lives. It makes you connected

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I am quite satisfied. User interface is good. Connectivity is mind blowing. Communictaion with others is easier than ever. What else is required. Even they have mobile app as well.

It has a strong sync with Microsoft office products especially to control & manage the data you have in onedrive & sharepoint. I believe that is the only tool you need during work. Good for those who have Microsoft family products in their offices

It can do much better than Meta and yet it is still far away from achieving it. It can be a whole universe.

Senior Manager in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great promise, but generally low engagement in a crowded social field

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Yammer is easy to use. It's intuitive with groups, tagging, and disseminating information

Easy to get lost in the shuffle, and the digest emails can become stale very quickly.

Pancham
Pancham
Process Engineer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Robust collaboration and inter-company social media application

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Using it daily as my organization and its people post news, updates and the latest happenings. Easy to use, interact with other employees and collaborate across companies within the organization.

No cons as per my experience and use case.

Managing Editor in USA
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Yammer is a Great Social Media Intranet

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Our business added Yammer last year after using Microsoft Teams for a number of years, and it has been a great tool for sharing updates across the company.

Yammer is a great social networking intranet our company uses to easily communicate with one another. It has an easy-to-use interface from which we can share ideas, thoughts, and updates to the company or within select communities. It's also incredibly secure so we can share sensitive data without worry.

This is more of a nitpick than any con but it is a bit of an overkill to have this in addition to Teams. Notifications can be a bit taxing.

Steven
Steven
Operations Support Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Facebook without the features

Kommentare: It was difficult to search for previous discussions, find things you like, and find popular topics that had been liked by others. It is not as instant as instant chat programs and it's not as easy to search as online message boards. It seems to have a foot in both of those doors and not really commit to either one.

The best thing about Yammer was that it was simple. You can easily create a topic and post responses to that topic. For those that use Facebook, Yammer is very easy to pick-up. Also like Facebook, Yammer is good for in the moment shares and discussions.

The interface was very plain and gave a very cheap impression. It was very difficult to archive or refer back to conversations. If a conversation tree had happened more than a week or more prior it was almost better to start the discussion up again than to try to go through and find the history.

Elena
Consultant in Italien
Informationsdienst, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

New tool of the microsoft suite that I still don't understand the purpose of

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

This tool adds the social networking and interaction part with "public channels" to the microsoft suite. This aims to complete the portfolio of apps for business collaboration.

I still don't understand the purpose and utility of this app, and I don't really feel the need to use it yet, but my company occasionally offers content through these channels.

Transcriptionist in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A Great Means to an End

Kommentare: Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow on Yammer, etc. It allows me to get live updates fast and easy so that I always know what is happening with the company I freelance transcribe for. I like that Yammer allows each company to tailor it's virtual work atmosphere to it's own needs. When I became a freelance transcriptionist, I was really worried about the isolation that comes with the online work. Yammer, though, seems to have completely changed that for me and the rest of the Transcribeme team, I think. Easy information share and very socially oriented, Yammer is a great app for the work-at-home crowd.

All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

Vekaas
Senior Consultant in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Social networking at work

With Yammer staff can learn to build connectivity at social level across organization and engage collaboratively to learn and develop their skills. Yammer helps organizations build a healthy learning environment where anybody can contribute. You can create knowledge share and interest groups where employees engage in discussion and hone their skills. The key is to use it appropriately. Instead of engaging with outside world, employee can connect within the organization. You can create and send birthday greetings easily and let everybody know that it’s some one’s birthday today. We can’t ignore the importance of connecting socially with staff at personal level. You will also get notification of all new activities and events at work. Sharing anything is really simple on Yammer. If you come across anything which would be of help to co-workers, you can simply share it with the multiple interest groups on Yammer. Also, if you need suggestion from co-workers on anything, you can initiate a discuss and your co-workers can share their ideas easily. You can make announcements, praise a co-worker and create a poll, etc.

It might appear to be a distraction for highly occupied employees. They just might not be able to respond to even to birthday greetings.

Prasath
Freelancer in Tschechien
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Yammer - Share content and collaborate

Kommentare: I had never heard of Yammer before I started working at my company, but I've since discovered that it's one of the most popular workplace apps out there. It's used by companies of all sizes to share information, collaborate, and build relationships with employees and partners. When I first started using it, I was surprised at how many people I could connect with right away. Word quickly spread throughout the company about my new account, and I was soon receiving invitations to join groups and conversations with people all over the world.
The platform allows me to interact with my colleagues in ways I never thought were possible. The social networking aspect of the platform has allowed our small business to grow and become more successful than ever before.

1. Yammer is a business social networking service that allows small and medium-sized businesses to create a private, secure online workspace to help build stronger relationships with colleagues, clients, and customers. 2.Yammer integrated with Office 365 services in a number of ways. Within Yammer itself, it will be possible for users to create Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents through Office Online. 3.It is a tool that allows users to easily create, share, and connect with Yammer-enabled applications. It is primarily used for communication, but it has the potential to accomplish a wide variety of other tasks. 4. It is a great platform to share links to articles and sites that can help you learn more about the technology.

1. It's expensive, members are often confused with the feature set is limited. 2. It can be difficult to add new members to Yammer and create new groups. It is also difficult to create new groups without an invitation

deba
deba
IT Support executive in Nigeria
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Kommentare: Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want. Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it. Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app. Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform. It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it. The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies. yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Samuel
Samuel
Consultant in USA
Pharmazeutika, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great Professional Version of Social Media!

Kommentare: My overall experience with Yammer has been phenomenal, and I am sure that my coworkers can attest to that experience, as well. I have been able to communicate efficiently with coworkers, I have been able to share documents with them, and we have all been able to update our "statuses" just as we would on most other informal social media sites. Would definitely recommend Yammer to anyone.

What I like best about Yammer is that it acts like a pseudo-social media site, but only within the inner circles of your near and distant coworkers, (meaning those who are on site and off site), but within the same company. The site makes for a nice getaway whenever you need a break from work and you want to see what everyone else has to say on their profiles, if you want to send direct messages back and forth to a coworker, if you want to share various files, (both professional and personal), among a slew of other features that are very reminiscent of other social media sites. Only individuals with the proper corporate email addresses are able to create an account on Yammer and join your inner group of friends, which is fantastic.

There is literally nothing that I do not like about this software, because its purpose is very simple - and all of what it is made for is being met, at least in my case, and I have been using the software for a decent amount of time now. The messaging is in real time, the interface is simple and appealing, and it is accessible on desktop, laptop, or mobile.

Marketing Director in USA
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A great application to keep communicated

What I like about this application is Yammer is fully equipped to act as a central contact of contact and communication in my network. We have an international set (scattered) of people on my network and we choose Yammer in our communication center. We create a commercial space for each working group and another for our coordination team. Not only do we use group spaces, but also the messages between the members of the Yammer group are extremely effective and safe. We can write to individuals or create groups for continuous communication in the hammer. Therefore, although we must maintain the security of the information in the part of the world we use, we trust the aspects of security. I also use the iOS Yammer application to access my account and messages.

What I do not like about this application is the user interface is not rich and it seems and considers that it should improve. I'm not sure, but a little time is suspended. In addition, it is not very difficult to seek publication. It becomes more confusing again when several groups are created.

Janice
Technical Support in USA
Baumaterial, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best purpose is for sending bulletins to a community group

Kommentare: This is really more of a stay-connected tool for our company. Different functions, locations, or even hobby groups keep in touch here. Especially with more people working remotely, forums like Yammer are needed to share photos and stories to keep employees engaged and feeling a sense of community.

This is a great software for sharing random stories with a group in your organization. We have thousands in our organization. One of the Yammer "communities" of my organization is the entire company. It is enjoyable to read posts from others in our organization all around the world. It is more general or light-hearted news that is shared here, such as community service activities, industry trends, inspirational words from upper management. It makes us feel connected. Another way I use Yammer is that all of the hundreds of customer support team members are part of a "community". So when there are important customer service software updates, issues, outages, etc. , this is an easy way for leadership to communicate that information to all of us. And bulletins are all stored here, so if you missed update information from six months ago, you have a place to go to find it.

It seems there should be an administrator of Yammer within a company. It is a bit disorganized because anyone can create a new community. If an employee wanted to create a community that didn't align with the company's values, there should be administrative control of the process.

Adra Safiya
Adra Safiya
Human Resources Recruitment Assistant in Malaysia
Einzelhandel, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Private social media

Yammer is a intranet social media that run privately, among the workers of my organization. We have use it for sharing news and memo of our department or organization. We can have a private group that only our department use, or the public forum wheres everyone on the organization can freely communicate with each other.

Yammer is getting obsolete, as nowadays, no one have use it anymore. There are not new update of feature for the software, so we have lost interest on it. We only use it for to check update from our Administration department, any not using it for anything else anymore.

Katherine
Learning & Development Program Leader in USA
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Yammer Review

Kommentare: Really enjoy using this tool!

My organization has been using this product for a few years now. It's a great communication tool for the company as a whole and within each department. As part of the Learning & Development department, we use Yammer to communicate training results and also send out quizzes to each department to test their knowledge. The tool is really easy to use, it reminds me a lot of Facebook in that it has a feed that you can scroll through daily to get updates. You can also create different pages and make them public or private depending on your need, which I find really useful. My team has created their own page and made it private. We use it to recognize people within the department on achievements, our manager sends out monthly stats and we also use it communicate information to each other. I really like the GIF feature, it definitely brings the humor to some situations!

It is sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on, especially if you are a member of many groups/pages. And if you put your notifications on so you get an email every time something is posted, it can be overwhelming at times.

Joshua
Process Optimization Analyst in USA
Druck, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

Kommentare: I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

Marketing Manager in USA
Informationsdienst, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

It's Facebook for your company employees

Kommentare: Yammer is a great networking and collaboration tool for employees, but you need to make sure your employees are willing to use it and follow the best practices you've implemented to keep new content coming in and organized along the way.

Yammer has the same look and features as your typical social media platform like Facebook. You can create new communities for specific groups, make comments and posts, @ mention other people, upload different media files like photos, videos, attachments, etc. It's a good way to keep your company connected if your employees are engaged in the first place.

Searching or filtering content was never successful. If you are trying to find old posts with a particular subject or file, you will need to be very specific with your keywords. Even then, Yammer will return a bunch of results for you to sift through. Recommend using tags with your posts if you plan on returning to them in the future. Many people do not do this so it's difficult to search for content.

Darrus
Program Manager eLearning and Modern Workplace in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Specialty specific physician message board

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Kacie
Kacie
Marketing Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Facebook for your Coworkers

Kommentare: I used this at my prior company, and HR in particular found it to be rewarding. From celebrating milestone employee birthdays and announcing new hires to promoting newsletter content and collecting charitable donations across the enterprise, Yammer is great for casual announcements. Serious announcements, urgent communications and PR are still best distributed via email. But Yammer is scalable to your company. It can be as streamlined or intricate as you choose.

Yammer is modelled after social networking platforms, both from function and UI standpoints. So if you can use Facebook, you'll instantly feel comfortable on Yammer. Think of it as a social intranet - post companywide updates and photos, hold contests, have team-specific chats or channels to cut down on inbox clutter, and promote a culture that's both full and well-informed at your office. Yammer allows polls, and you can set up email notifications to make sure you don't miss anything that might be of interest to you.

Yammer's social function is still a bit lacking, and it doesn't integrate as seamlessly with Office 365 as I'd like. Be sure that your company is thoughtful about what should be communicated on Yammer, and what should still be sent via email. Adoption by other employees was a challenge for us, as it can feel like just anotjher platform to have to check on a daily basis. I did receive feedback from several colleagues along the lines of "I already check my email. It's easier to have all communications go though Outlook. Why would I want to add another platform to my list of things to check?"

Tami
Asst digital merchandiser in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Yammer Review

Kommentare: As said above, we're a big organization and having a platform where you can interaction in real time with a large or specific audience is great, even more so now that my entire company is working from home. We use other messaging services, but Yammer really helps with things like announcements, process updates, and communication in general. It's integrated perfectly into Office 365.

Yammer is a social networking platform that functions similarly to Facebook or NextDoor, but for professionals & businesses. My company is quite large, and we have a good amount of employee that work from home (even before the pandemic in 2020), so this is a great platform to use for communicating. I like how you can create teams that are small and very specific (like just my team, or all of the employees working in the same role as I) and broader (all div, all company etc.). The most useful tools to me are the ability to share process updates and by "liking" them you know who has read and acknowledged the update, and for creating polls for a specific audience to gauge which path to take when there are multiple solutions.

The Yammer layout is very similar to that of other social networking sites, I would like if they would give the software a facelift and make it more distinguishable from other, similar programs.

Tawanda
Tawanda
Sponsorship in Simbabwe
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Team collaboration enabler offering endless possibilities

Kommentare: It was so confusing at first and I was nearly tempted to quit and unsubscribe, However, overtime I got the hang of it and my team appreciate it

I like that it is simplified and its quiet easy to use even for the newbies. The tiling of feeds according to subject and relevance makes it easier to get the best out of. Ideas flow unabated and team members can quickly share productive information.

I would like to see Yammer filtering the messages and feeds posted so that only relevant information is retained for future reference