A Great Means to an End

Bewertet am 24.11.2018
Transcriptionist
Schreiben & Editieren, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

Vorteile: I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow on Yammer, etc. It allows me to get live updates fast and easy so that I always know what is happening with the company I freelance transcribe for. I like that Yammer allows each company to tailor it's virtual work atmosphere to it's own needs. When I became a freelance transcriptionist, I was really worried about the isolation that comes with the online work. Yammer, though, seems to have completely changed that for me and the rest of the Transcribeme team, I think. Easy information share and very socially oriented, Yammer is a great app for the work-at-home crowd.

Nachteile: All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Vorteile: Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want.
Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it.
Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app.
Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Nachteile: Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform.
It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it.
The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies.
yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it
The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Yammer Review

Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Katherine P.
Learning & Development Program Leader
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really enjoy using this tool!

Vorteile: My organization has been using this product for a few years now. It's a great communication tool for the company as a whole and within each department. As part of the Learning & Development department, we use Yammer to communicate training results and also send out quizzes to each department to test their knowledge. The tool is really easy to use, it reminds me a lot of Facebook in that it has a feed that you can scroll through daily to get updates. You can also create different pages and make them public or private depending on your need, which I find really useful. My team has created their own page and made it private. We use it to recognize people within the department on achievements, our manager sends out monthly stats and we also use it communicate information to each other. I really like the GIF feature, it definitely brings the humor to some situations!

Nachteile: It is sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on, especially if you are a member of many groups/pages. And if you put your notifications on so you get an email every time something is posted, it can be overwhelming at times.

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

Bewertet am 10.4.2019
Joshua M.
Process Optimization Analyst
Druck, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Vorteile: Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Nachteile: I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

Pleasant way to interact in a network of internal professional use.

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Johnny W.
Project Specialist
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Under the first stage of implementation, its execution was very free, with the familiarization of the community of users with the service, controls were established to improve security and implement a more reliable use of each user to connect the internal information of the organization in a effective.

Vorteile: I was impressed by the ease of implementation and use, it is very easy to become familiar with the platform and its wide options to manage the communications and connections of the working groups within the organization, the experience in open communication with my colleagues strengthens decision making and the fast correction of each project under very simple methods to communicate directly, from any device flows correctly and presents a reliable platform to share relevant information of the company without any risk.

Nachteile: The visual aspect is very similar to other social networks, that seems to me that it reduces its interest in the creative and dynamic field, being a platform with a basic visual aspect in which the most advanced professional connections are somewhat limited in very precise cases, it does not have complementary tools for monitoring groups and statistics.

Specialty specific physician message board

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Darrus L.
Program Manager eLearning and Modern Workplace
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Nachteile: Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Steve R.
Vice President

Kommentare: Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

Vorteile: Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

Nachteile: Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Multi Collaboration tool for Business and Social Purposes!

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Oluwakorede D.
CTO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When it comes to corporate collaboration and communication, yammer has proved to be an effective tool. In terms of having useful talks, chats and meetings with my team members, yammer has been of great help, in terms of cost, i didn't have to pay any substantial amount to get it installed/setup, customer support is also great.

Vorteile: Yammer is an appropriate tool for collaboration between staff/colleagues in an Organization, it has great customization features which can be tailored to suit the needs of any Organization, and it also supports integration with a wide range of products.

Nachteile: There is the need for addition of features found on other social platforms to Yammer, this will give yanner a chance to ace out its competitors, I also think it works more like a coporate tool than a social tool. Yammer is also strict with its policy against ads from 3rd parties.

Great application for social networking in the company

Bewertet am 27.7.2019
Laszlo A.
Software Developer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This application is installed to all machines in the company by the company as a main social networking tool and all the workers in my company use it as a social networking tool in the company.

Vorteile: This application comes in a bundle of Microsoft Sharepoint, where the company users can use this application for the social networking. The benefits of this application is that everything will be inside of the company and all the important data for the company will not go out from the company, it helps to protect company sensitive information.

Nachteile: As the application is limited on the company, you can only contact with the people in the company and there is no option to add people outside of the company and it makes the application limited. Moreover, you will not be able to log in your account from non-company device.

Fabulous product for connecting people across the organization

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Deepak M.
Senior Engineer - Product Development
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am quite satisfied with Yammer, I get upto date notifications on what is going on in the company and I can reach people in different timezones quite conviniently through mobile apps.

Vorteile: 1. Works well with Microsoft sharepoint and in general Microsoft platforms (Office 365).
2. It has a great facility of creating groups and share contents like documents, images and videos.
3. We can get notification for feeds across company regarding promotions, appreciations and milestones across group or company.
4. Specially in terms of events its quite useful to collaborate, organize and gather people from different fields or demographics accross organization.
5. It is available for mobiles too, across various Os like Andriod and IOS

Nachteile: There nothing such issue, in terms of usability across organization i have observed the below points 1. Sometimes many notifications can be annoying
2. In case of large conversation we might get off topic or lose track of topic.
i wont consider this as a disadvantage of software to be honest, if we have proper workflow it will be very useful.

Its a good content sharing tool

Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Fernando D.
SAP BW Consultant

Kommentare: I'm not using Yammer for a long period now, but when I did, I liked it. It has a great potential to be a content manager and a great company social media tool (communication channel).

Vorteile: Yammer is a complementary tool for sharing information, tutorials and documents inside an intranet. It can complement SharePoint's content management experience for a company. You can create a profile there and interact to other employees in a "social media" like tool. It has many features to create a blog, a tutorial, a wiki and many other things that can help your company to not lose knowledge as the teams keeps changing. New employees can find information and get a smaller learning curve by reading articles that more experienced people may have written on daily tasks or difficult problems that may arise.

Nachteile: I guess its adhesion was too low. In my company many people just don't like to use it because they don't know what is it exactly. It's such a great tool but looks like it was left aside. Maybe Microsoft could do a little marketing to help it grow and be more known by people all around the world. Maybe Microsoft Teams is more important to they...

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
Gerente de Innovación Tecnológica

Kommentare: I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Vorteile: First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Nachteile: Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all.
If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Great Software for File Sharing and Communicating Across Company

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Property Administrator
Immobilien, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has been a great way to connect with fellow company members worldwide. I started using this as an intern in a group of all USA interns, and now am able to connect with other employees in my business line as a full-time employee. I think this is a great platform to connect company members are provide a platform for engagement across the firm.

Vorteile: I like that Yammer is set up almost like a social media platform. It allows you to easily communicate with various groups/ people across a company, with the ability to share files, collaborate on documents, spread ideas, etc. This is great for a company like mine, with over 80,000 employees worldwide, and allows you to join groups with other employees by region, business line, title, etc.

Nachteile: With the document sharing feature, it can be difficult to search for specific files. I think the organization of posts/ files is a little messy and it would be nice to be able to go to a specific "Shared Files" section to search for things, point blank. It can also be a little overwhelming searching feeds when you are in groups/ pages with large numbers of individuals.

Great virtual office. Our company uses Yammer and it is highly effective. I would recommend Yammer.

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Helen R.
VP
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: File sharing, communication, collaboration, organization. It is a terrific virtual office tool that I highly recommend.

Vorteile: It is very easy to use, uploading files is easy. There is a Yammer app for your smartphone and you can receive pushes to email as well as the Yammer app so you always stay up-to-date. It allows to set up different networks and groups for different things through your organization. It is a great tool to communicate and stay organized.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I dislike about Yammer. It has so many wonderful benefits. I highly recommend this as a virtual office. It is low cost and for those that work remote, it is a great communication tool.

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

Bewertet am 10.2.2019
Arpan S.
Technical Support Consultant
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: - If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Vorteile: - The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts. - Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Nachteile: - I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

Pretty good collaboration tool

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Director of Human Resources
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Yammer's value is felt the more its used by teams. If leadership doesn't consistently follow up to ensure employees are using it Yammer will be disappointing.

Vorteile: My company used Yammer to help employees collaborate better. Our older employees didn't make much use of the system but the potential of Yammer is great for engaged employees. The social nature of the product matches up well with our millennial workforce. Its essentially a business version of Facebook. Making work groups to streamline communication and give shout outs is easy and fun.

Nachteile: If you workforce isn't active on social media or appreciate those means of communication it might be a tough sell to get them on this system. Either way, implementing Yammer will take a consistent effort in campaigning for its usefulness if your workplace isn't used to this type of system.
Yammer could also do better by allowing for more customization or branding by the employer to make it seem like an internal system.
I have no complaints about the software itself.

A professional social network in a corporate setting

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Graduate Enrollment Intern
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is easier to use and it limits the people within our network. Yammer works like a filter where we can focus on what is happening within the company. It is also a good database and tool to learn from other business units within a large corporation with various cultures, locations and departments.

Nachteile: There is limited (or I would say, almost no) information about the person. For example, if I want to know more about a person, for example their education, professional history, skills and credentials, most of the times I cannot find this information on that colleague's personal page.

Social Media for Workplaces

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Talent Management Consultant
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love yammer. My company uses Yammer to help employees stay connected and informed. There are several employee started 'groups'. These are common interest groups such as book lovers. We have been able to share and connect with Yammer. We post books we've read and send books through interoffice mail which has been fun. We also have an all company news alerts as well. I love that Yammer has an app for the phone as well.

Nachteile: With any "social media" platform you will always have the habitual complainers but that is just what it is. The program works great

Unique Social network for corporates

Bewertet am 24.2.2019
Raghavendar N.
Sr.Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used this for solution seeking where we put our request or query and we get response with what people know about it or sometime we get perfect solution too. Apart from work related, we also share the cool pics related to the happening or team events or festivals celebration. Also, polls are conducted to seek the feedback from colleagues about new change in the company or changes that is needed.

Vorteile: We have Office365 at our company, next to Skype the other app that is extensively used is Yammer for collaboration. We can switch this seamlessly across our Laptop & phone apps. Yammer is social network within the company. Everyone is member as soon as they join and we have different groups where we are free to join. But default, based on our department we are tagged to parent groups and we can view the updates and share our feedback just like Facebook. We can create new groups based on the need and invite people or tag them to get their attention. The biggest advantage of this app is your voice is reached to thousands in minutes and you may get feedback from top skipping the hierarchies. So easy to connect and easy to use and make an effective use for networking across the colleagues

Nachteile: User Interface is not rich and looks and feels needs improvement. Not sure but it hangs for me quite number of times. Also, little difficult to search for a post or feed. It becomes more confusing once more and more groups are created.

A private facebook for your company

Bewertet am 17.5.2016
Eric L.
Program Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Vorteile: Yammer is feature rich, with all the features you'd come to expect from Facebook included: Create a profile, add a picture, connect with colleagues, news feed, profile walls, add photos, tag photos, alert users with notifications, etc. If you're looking for a social network for your company this one does a decent, though generic, job. Also they have a freemium edition which has most of the functionality you'd need.

Nachteile: The main challenge with Yammer is getting people to use it. All the benefits of social networking in the company (knowledge transfer, communication, community building) can be real and valuable, but I've seen many attempts to create an active online community fail at my company. I think only with strong executive buy in will Yammer actually be valuable for a company, and all the great features Yammer adds can't fix this. We didn't have that executive buy-in and Yammer, Chatter, Flowdock, all failed to gain traction

Yammer - a great tool for dispersed teams

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
David H.
Sr Network Advisor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Yammer is fully equipped to serve as my network's central point of contact and communication. We have an international (dispersed) set of folks in my network, and we chose Yammer to be our communication hub. We have set up one work space for each work group - and another for our coordinating team. Not only do we use the group spaces, but the messaging between Yammer group members is extremely efficient and secure. We can write to individuals or create groups for ongoing within-Yammer communication. So even though we have to maintain security of information due to the part of the world we use this in, we have confidence in the security aspects. I also use the iOS Yammer app to access my account and messages.

Nachteile: I suppose it's meant to be a feature, but in a private message, if I type the name of someone who is also in our Yammer group into the body of a private message, Yammer automatically hyperlinks that person's name in the message as well as adds their name to the send-to list. While this is efficient, and while I can "undo" the link, it could I suppose cause some awkward situations if the sender never intended for that person to receive the message.

Supper product for immediate collaboration

Bewertet am 25.11.2018
Christopher R.
IT Professional

Kommentare: I would like to say Yammer is serving a wide range of people in all means by providing fantastic ways of collaboration. I would say if one wants to run business effectively, there should be need of Yammer.

Vorteile: If I talk about positive aspects of yammer, I would say this is the most advanced product that facilitates people while communications as well as easy ways of sharing information with one another. In order to accomplish tasks immediately, It divides work tasks and there are several networks that deal different departments. One can have access on yammer simply by making profile, afterwards you can have immediate interaction with other coworkers. It is super easy to use without taking specific classes. Yammer app is highly recommended to keep the people up-to-date.

Nachteile: It is working nice. I hardly have to see issues with it. One of the cons is that sometimes I have to face hurdles during uploading or downloading items. But I do not think that it is a big deal. I hope its efficient company will overcome this issue and I will be seeing better results as well.

Great tool to collaborate, connect, and stay informed within our organization

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Shanna R.
Controller
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our team is spread throughout the nation and rarely meet in person. Without frequent conversations and virtual meet ups, it can feel we are working in a silo. This tool allows us to have a constant sharing of what's going on in the field, as well as the home office. Through postings of videos, images, documents, articles, and other artifacts, we can all work together on joint projects, and support each other more seamlessly.

Vorteile: This software offers multiple ways to share content, survey/poll colleagues, and participate in work groups across the organization. It integrates nicely with our other software and apps.

Nachteile: There are many ways to organize your information feed, and it took me some time to get a feel for how to ensure the information I wanted was always at the top of my feed and not buried under the posts of some of my long winded co-workers. Once I learned how to search and prioritize specific content and groups, I was fine.

Good Enough

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Software QA Tester
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Yammer is a social network service used to build communication between members of an organization

Vorteile: Yammer creates a platform where members of an organization can connect and interrelate.
It also helps to build teams and ensures that only members of the organisation have access to its own social media experience.
Users can create polls and get opinions from members of an organization

Nachteile: More features form social media giants like twitter or facebook could be incorporated to make yammer more fun

Yammer is a great way for teams across our organization to collaborate!

Bewertet am 31.1.2018
Toni D.
Business Analyst IV
Versicherung

Vorteile: Yammer is very user friendly! You can use it with little to no training at all. We use Yammer to share ideas, updates, and get answers to questions enterprise wide. We use it to collaborate on active projects in different departments. Sharing a post is super simple and we love the social aspect of it similar to Facebook. You can like and respond to anyone's post. Being able to create groups is great so we can segregate information that is only relevant to those groups. We love the ability to file share as well, this helps us stay productive and on task with work.

Nachteile: There isn't really anything I don't like about Yammer. We use is consistently throughout the organizations. I think the only thing that comes to mind is the search feature could be enhanced.