Über Assembla

Enterprise-Cloud-Version-Control für sicheres Quellcodemanagement.

Erfahre mehr über Assembla

I am a using Assembla for more than 6 years. Everything is awesome except cost and support.

There is a cost for each user, which limited the number the roles that were provided access to this tool.

Bewertungen zu Assembla

4,0
3,8
4,0
3,8

Assembla hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 102 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Assembla bereits verwendet?

Javed
Javed
Sr Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Pakistan
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SQA Review

Kommentare: - Good for Agile Development Process
- Good for Project Management
- Not Suitable for Software Quality Assurance Process

- Best for Agile Development Process - Good reporting feature - Fully access to administrator - Notification for the task assigned user

- Expensive as compared to the other project management tools - Customer support is not available 24/7 - Available only for Web App - Mobile Application version is not available - Not suitable for Test Cases management

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Strive to be best toolset for development organization

Kommentare: It is ok for smaller teams. It is affordable. Not much of online documentation, but most parts are intuitive.

It is a cloud based solution and can be accessed from anywhere. Support for protocols like git. It has embedded document management workflow.

Lack of support for document search. Lack of support for wide adoption among developers. No easy way of project management, bug tracking etc. At the least the versions that we used in the past. No management reports. It serves the basic purpose of source code management with git. No clear support for command line tools and scripting for ci/cd pipelines.

ximena
business unit manager in Mexiko
Animation, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Slow and inconvenient

Kommentare: It has been not as good, the tool is slow and more like an old management tool. Also, the customer service is not very good. We had to report all manager for a whole week the same problem to get a follow up for the problem. For a whole week, all of our teams couldn't see the missing info on tickets, it was a waste of our time and resources.

The Kaban and list view are convenient. Being able to add options to tickets are also good for management, and the prioritization set is good too. The way the tickets keep track of the dates and hours of every change in the ticket is really good. And the relationships you can build between tickets is good too.

A don't like many things about this software, the main thing is that Is too hard to plan long-term using it. Also is hard to have access to quantitative reports. To keep all my information accurate and easy to access I use Airtable to organize the information I have on Assembla. Because Assembla is too slow and too hard to get reports from it. Everyone at my office does the same thing of using another tool to interpret and organize the info we have on Assembla. I think a Gantt view would help and a view more likely to excel in which you could add and edit tickets faster. It would be great if you could build features for the admins to build their own statistics and reports. And features to automate some actions on tickets.

scott
Software engineer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Assembla for SVN only

Kommentare: Other than the ridiculous cost its been extremely reliable for the past 7 years we have used it. We've had a couple short outages but they were very brief and got quick attention from their support.

Reliable SVN Server, pretty fast, easy to manage

We just use the SVN features, it's ridiculously expensive per person for SVN,.

Robert
President & CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Best SVN Repo Out There

Kommentare: Great service (backing up software on the Cloud is a must-have) for the money.

SVN is arguably the most popular Version Control system out there; and, with tools like VisualSVN and Tortoise (all integrate into Windows and Visual Studio perfectly), it makes perfect sense to use this tool. Highly recommended.

There was one or two features that were not well-documented and easy to use; but, with the great support Online, they were easily mastered.

Corstiaan
Corstiaan
Unity 3D Developer in Niederlande
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A one Hub solution that could work a bit faster

Kommentare: It's a solution that has it all but I would welcome an overhaul of UI and backend optimization for speed. It feels like there's a lot of ancient code in there.

It's a one-hub solution. Everything I need is within reach. Task management and planning in the card-wall of tickets are indispensable.

Slow: Opening a page or a ticket can sometimes take seconds of looking at a blank page. When used in meeting this is really annoying. Clutter: It lacks options to clean-up. Since I work with it for 10 years I have 150 projects in my view and no way to hide old projects. New projects appear at the bottom of that list, so scrolling galore! Yes, I could go to the project-owner and ask him to archive, but you know how that goes in large companies and I don't have rights to archive so I'm stuck with over 10 years of old projects. GIT: It could use some more optimizations, specially Merge-request handling / canceling, retaining comments etc.

Dan
Dan
Managing Director in UK

Great Project Management Tool Unfortunately Super-Seeded

Kommentare: Tracked and version controlled website releases. Easy oversight of website epics, stories and tasks.

Reliability, I've used Assembla for more than 10 years and I do not recall any significant downtime, sure there were some issues but they were typically resolved within an hour. It does work as a method by which to manage your software development, a repository (SVN or GIT) is built into the solution.

It's expensive for what it is, it isn't that versatile (for example, you can't modify the status's to customise your status or workflow) and the pricing recently once the ownership changed hands. Depending on your user count, Bitbucket and JIRA may compare more favourably. The application really hasn't continued to evolve that much since I first signed up 10 years ago.

Josip
Josip
Software Developer in Kroatien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Assembla Review

It has deep integration of source control system with their project management tool so you can track commits using the same view/page that you use for tracking ticket comments.

Assembla was acquired by some other company and the first thing they did is to raise the price. In short time, from one of the cheapest products, they become one of the most expensive products. And that change was very fast and ugly; I remember that we needed to add just one additional member to the team and they said to us that we are on legacy plan, and that we need to move to their standard plan, and pay something like 5-10X more for the same service. Instead of paying more, we moved to Jira :-)

Steffano
Steffano
Lead Engineer in Brasilien
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

honest opinion

Kommentare: Even with its flaws it's a good option over git and svn, it has a nice webapp to help you keep track of the project and source files.

It seems very secure, and I love the fact that you can see which files others have checked out, that's huge thing when working with a big team.

It's super slow when you need to revert files or when you added 2k files to a submit queue and you decide not to move forward with the submit. That will take a lot of time and it's really annoying. One last thing is that is a pain in the ass for new users especially for artists to setup perforce, perforce should have automated tools to setup your workspace, like a wizard to ask you about the basics. Having to open the command to type manual commands is not intuitive.

prasanth
Senior Software Engineer in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Seamless integration

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Seamless integration. Creating keys and access to repo is easier.

need better breadcrumbs to move around.

Michal
R&D engineer in Schweiz
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Assembla

Kommentare: As an engineer I am satisfied with Assembla reporting capabilities and task tracing. It is helpful to revert/find certain activities for reference.

For people who work with computer on a daily basis (not programmers) it is good tool to report work and tasks progress. It has nice integration with Slack communicator. There are also other tricks and integrations that IT people can benefit from.

People who work less on a office-based routine it is harder to report and follow tasks in Assembla (non programmers). While exporting pdfs and attached images are too big files, output file is not clear. It is tricky or impossible to create subspace/subtickets for part-time subcontractors without giving them access to all other tickets in the space/company. You need to spend some time on reporting directly in Assembla (15min minimum) - cos of having things properly reported.

Erik
Web Designer in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Assembla brings us closer together!

Kommentare: The team at Yard Freaks have had a great experience with using Assembla as a project management tool. We are able to view and keep track of our current and past projects. Share our process and keep in communication with each other. Plus having the wiki section and being able to download them as a PDF is a nice touch.

The team can easily view their trackable tickets. The card wall is a nice drag and drops feature that makes it quick and easy to stay organized.

Having a desktop notification pop-up when you receive a new ticket/updated ticket would be an awesome feature to have.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Erik, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ninoo
Director IT in Indien
Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Service

The softwar has been good for years . Though no major updates :)

Your customer service is really really pathetic. I understand you guys are trying to put in some system in place. But people just keep "circling back" with more like automated messages. They literally use that phraseand just keep circling back. They dont really give proper solutions. We have paid and still we get emails asking if it is paid . Seriously pathetic

Billy
QA in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Would recommend to anyone that works on more than 1 tasks

Kommentare: I love assembla. It helps me keeps track of what tasks are more important. Lets me know what needs to be done and when it needs to be done at a moments glance.

I like that I can see everything that is going on from the stream view without having to spend too much time.

The only cons about assembla is when you have a ticket open and if someone updates it, it constantly flashes, can get distracting.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Billy, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ray
Database Developer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Feature Rich and Powerful

Kommentare: I primarily use Assembla to manage tickets and host documentation via wiki.

Assembla is the most versatile project/task management tool I've used. While there is a bit of a learning curve (as with any tool), the layout is fairly intuitive.

It's a minor issue, but formatting text in the Wiki and tickets can be a challenge.

Filipe
Programmer in Portugal
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Assembla review

Kommentare: Great value for the everyday work
trust and always on

This software is esay to use compatible with any SVN client Get your code/project in any place on any device, just checkout and work or review

At moment this software has all i need to develop my code and mantain it revisions

Ondřej
Product Manager in Tschechien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to manage your team

Its simplicity, our team works in weekly sprints and we can simply manage our weekly or quarterly tasks. It is really easy to manage group of developers and mainly focus on other things

The look of this app is kind of "outdated" but they are still making some adjustments or upgrades.

Moeen
Manager Outsourcing in Pakistan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Need more Project Management reporting & Visual appealing interface

Simplicity is good with few handy options.

Should consider Gantt chart & release management features from Jira & other portals. we are gaming company so we wish your interface to be uplifted & soon we will share you something interested based on your own Assembla.

Mariusz
CTO/Director in Finnland
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good service deteriorated into cash grab

Kommentare: It was good while it lasted. Gone and not coming back.

Solid fundamentals, easy to onboard new users, it has all necessary features.

"All coupons have been discontinued" as an excuse for cancelling a 5 years old agreement and hiking price by 300%.

Iris
Developer in Paraguay
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

assembla review

The product is easy to use, the most important feature that I use everyday is the the Tickets and Wiki sections. The cardwall view is excellent

You cannot edit a time enter (the time tab in a ticket page)

Kim
Manager Customer Success in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Critical part of our business, highly valued

Kommentare: Very good - would highly recommend

Easy to use, great visibility into where everything is at.

It can be a bit glitchy at times, but issues are resolved quickly.

Tim
Sr Android Developer in Niederlande
Medienproduktion, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good stuff but slow to the extent that it's annoying to work with

Offers about everything I need for my day to day work

Browsing code repositories and fetching file diffs etc is *insanely* slow

McKay
Shift Supervisor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 201–500 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Fantastic.

This product helped me and my teammates get projects done fast and easily. I loved the ticket system and the cardwall.

The UX needed a little bit of revamping. I prefer my apps to be stupid simple. I felt this app was a little more smarter than I wanted.

RENE
retoucher in Mexiko
Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good

Kommentare: is a good tool for my workflow

easy to use, and also intuitive i like the drag and drop between columns

sometimes the images make my pc so slow

Museen & Institutionen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Project tool review only: An outdated step-down from other project tools

Kommentare: Assembla was a tool we used for a short amount of time while I joined my company, but I quickly dropped it and moved to Jira. (frankly after jira updates I wouldn't recommend either for small teams). Assrmbla was basic, offering no reporting as a project tool, and basic scrum options. I would not recommend this to manage your development work flows.

The ability to see who else was observing a ticket while you were.

The clumsy implementation of scrum and poor handling of sprints through milestones. The lack of decent work flows and the outdated feel.