Über Assembla

Enterprise-Cloud-Version-Control für sicheres Quellcodemanagement.

Erfahre mehr über Assembla

Export to CSV if required. Ability to open tickets either into new browser tab (full URL) or open up as modal dialog - both methods are required depending on scenario.

There is a cost for each user, which limited the number the roles that were provided access to this tool.

Bewertungen zu Assembla

3,8
4,0
3,8

Assembla hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 101 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Assembla bereits verwendet?

Javed
Javed
Sr Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Pakistan
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SQA Review

Kommentare: - Good for Agile Development Process
- Good for Project Management
- Not Suitable for Software Quality Assurance Process

- Best for Agile Development Process - Good reporting feature - Fully access to administrator - Notification for the task assigned user

- Expensive as compared to the other project management tools - Customer support is not available 24/7 - Available only for Web App - Mobile Application version is not available - Not suitable for Test Cases management

scott
Software engineer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Assembla for SVN only

Kommentare: Other than the ridiculous cost its been extremely reliable for the past 7 years we have used it. We've had a couple short outages but they were very brief and got quick attention from their support.

Reliable SVN Server, pretty fast, easy to manage

We just use the SVN features, it's ridiculously expensive per person for SVN,.

ximena
business unit manager in Mexiko
Animation, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Slow and inconvenient

Kommentare: It has been not as good, the tool is slow and more like an old management tool. Also, the customer service is not very good. We had to report all manager for a whole week the same problem to get a follow up for the problem. For a whole week, all of our teams couldn't see the missing info on tickets, it was a waste of our time and resources.

The Kaban and list view are convenient. Being able to add options to tickets are also good for management, and the prioritization set is good too. The way the tickets keep track of the dates and hours of every change in the ticket is really good. And the relationships you can build between tickets is good too.

A don't like many things about this software, the main thing is that Is too hard to plan long-term using it. Also is hard to have access to quantitative reports. To keep all my information accurate and easy to access I use Airtable to organize the information I have on Assembla. Because Assembla is too slow and too hard to get reports from it. Everyone at my office does the same thing of using another tool to interpret and organize the info we have on Assembla. I think a Gantt view would help and a view more likely to excel in which you could add and edit tickets faster. It would be great if you could build features for the admins to build their own statistics and reports. And features to automate some actions on tickets.

Robert
President & CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Best SVN Repo Out There

Kommentare: Great service (backing up software on the Cloud is a must-have) for the money.

SVN is arguably the most popular Version Control system out there; and, with tools like VisualSVN and Tortoise (all integrate into Windows and Visual Studio perfectly), it makes perfect sense to use this tool. Highly recommended.

There was one or two features that were not well-documented and easy to use; but, with the great support Online, they were easily mastered.

Corstiaan
Corstiaan
Unity 3D Developer in Niederlande
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A one Hub solution that could work a bit faster

Kommentare: It's a solution that has it all but I would welcome an overhaul of UI and backend optimization for speed. It feels like there's a lot of ancient code in there.

It's a one-hub solution. Everything I need is within reach. Task management and planning in the card-wall of tickets are indispensable.

Slow: Opening a page or a ticket can sometimes take seconds of looking at a blank page. When used in meeting this is really annoying. Clutter: It lacks options to clean-up. Since I work with it for 10 years I have 150 projects in my view and no way to hide old projects. New projects appear at the bottom of that list, so scrolling galore! Yes, I could go to the project-owner and ask him to archive, but you know how that goes in large companies and I don't have rights to archive so I'm stuck with over 10 years of old projects. GIT: It could use some more optimizations, specially Merge-request handling / canceling, retaining comments etc.

Senior Dev in Australien

HORRIBLE user experience!

Kommentare: HORRIBLE CANNOT RECOMMEND I did not even get AN EMAIL just to ACKNOWLEDGE I had reached out to them for help (and presumably someone will eventually get around to responding in this "chat")

I... suppose I could paste a public ssh key (and it seems to work)

CANNOT EVEN CHECKOUT ANY REPOSITORIES - not with ssh and NOT with username and password! apparently User Management is a complete PAIN to use with these guys oh and the "chat" says someone will response WITHIN A FEW HOURS

vor 3 Monaten

We are very sorry to hear about the challenges you have faced while using Assembla. We would like to clarify that checking out repositories is a core component of our platform and can be done without any issues. Our support team has found that, in most cases, this problem occurs due to incorrect username and password combinations. Please make sure to type up your password and avoid copy/pasting, as this sometimes can introduce other characters inadvertently. Additionally, if you log in with SSO or MFA, normal passwords won't work and you'll need to create an SSH key and add t o your Assembla profile. But we'll be happy to look into this issue more closely. We're actively searching for your support ticket, and to help us locate it more efficiently, please send us an email at support@assembla.com. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to resolving any issues.

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Assembla Review: A Versatile Project Management and Version Control Platform

Kommentare: Overall, Assembla is a versatile platform that provides a range of project management and version control tools for businesses and development teams. While it may not be suitable for everyone due to its complexity and learning curve, its advanced security features, integrations, and customization options make it a valuable asset for businesses and organizations that require robust project management and version control capabilities.

Offers a range of project management and version control tools, including issue tracking, time tracking, code reviews, and more.Provides cloud-based hosting for Git and Subversion repositories.Offers advanced security features, such as two-factor authentication and SSL encryption, to protect sensitive data.Provides integrations with a variety of other tools and platforms, including JIRA, Slack, and AWS.Offers customizable workspaces and workflows to meet the specific needs of different teams and projects.Provides a free trial period for users to test the platform before committing.

May be too complex or feature-rich for small teams or individual developers.Steep learning curve for users who are new to version control or project management.Limited customer support options, with no phone or chat support available.Some features, such as the code review process, may be time-consuming and cumbersome.

Josip
Josip
Software Developer in Kroatien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Assembla Review

It has deep integration of source control system with their project management tool so you can track commits using the same view/page that you use for tracking ticket comments.

Assembla was acquired by some other company and the first thing they did is to raise the price. In short time, from one of the cheapest products, they become one of the most expensive products. And that change was very fast and ugly; I remember that we needed to add just one additional member to the team and they said to us that we are on legacy plan, and that we need to move to their standard plan, and pay something like 5-10X more for the same service. Instead of paying more, we moved to Jira :-)

Gewerbeimmobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Project Management tool for Software Development

Kommentare: Very positive on Assembla. We have used Assembla for 5+ years. The new enhancements are great. Really appreciate how Assembla listens to their clients feedback and takes action(s) on their recommendations.

We like Assembla for it's collaboration amongst our team members spread all over the world. It provides real time metrics for our developers. We have had several other firms attempt to lure us away from Assembla.

The development team likes the ability to set up quick Sprints, allocate team members to specific tasks, and have all documents contained in one centralized system.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good tool for project management

Kommentare: This is a good tool for smaller teams, but I would like if they didn't raise their prices so much.

I like how you get all your tasks and your code repo in one place. Also, Assemble makes it easy to communicate with your team members with in-built mentions and there ability to reference other tasks or code commits. I also really like preview option before you post your comment.

I don't like that they've changed their pricing model. We needed to add 1 additional team member, and we needed to switch to much more expensive model.

Michal
R&D engineer in Schweiz
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Assembla

Kommentare: As an engineer I am satisfied with Assembla reporting capabilities and task tracing. It is helpful to revert/find certain activities for reference.

For people who work with computer on a daily basis (not programmers) it is good tool to report work and tasks progress. It has nice integration with Slack communicator. There are also other tricks and integrations that IT people can benefit from.

People who work less on a office-based routine it is harder to report and follow tasks in Assembla (non programmers). While exporting pdfs and attached images are too big files, output file is not clear. It is tricky or impossible to create subspace/subtickets for part-time subcontractors without giving them access to all other tickets in the space/company. You need to spend some time on reporting directly in Assembla (15min minimum) - cos of having things properly reported.

Erik
Web Designer in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Assembla brings us closer together!

Kommentare: The team at Yard Freaks have had a great experience with using Assembla as a project management tool. We are able to view and keep track of our current and past projects. Share our process and keep in communication with each other. Plus having the wiki section and being able to download them as a PDF is a nice touch.

The team can easily view their trackable tickets. The card wall is a nice drag and drops feature that makes it quick and easy to stay organized.

Having a desktop notification pop-up when you receive a new ticket/updated ticket would be an awesome feature to have.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Erik, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ninoo
Director IT in Indien
Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Service

The softwar has been good for years . Though no major updates :)

Your customer service is really really pathetic. I understand you guys are trying to put in some system in place. But people just keep "circling back" with more like automated messages. They literally use that phraseand just keep circling back. They dont really give proper solutions. We have paid and still we get emails asking if it is paid . Seriously pathetic

Roxanna
Marketing Coordinator in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Organized year round

Kommentare: I was new to Assembla and learned how to use the program very quickly and easily. I love the use of related child and parent tickets to break down tasks to make them more manageable to keep things organized. I often use the basic coding functions to make text bold or underlined or make lists so users can read the tickets easily. Assembla really helps my team stay organized and assigned projects and tasks.

VERY easy to use and learn. Child/Parents tickets are great.

I wish there was a desktop notification when there is an update to a ticket I follow. this would help more than email notifications for me.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Roxanna, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ondřej
Product Manager in Tschechien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to manage your team

Its simplicity, our team works in weekly sprints and we can simply manage our weekly or quarterly tasks. It is really easy to manage group of developers and mainly focus on other things

The look of this app is kind of "outdated" but they are still making some adjustments or upgrades.

James
manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Much better than other Project management tools

Kommentare: The Best ticketing system that I have ever used. Sleek design, easy to understand. Assignments and priority are easy to adjust. Drag and drop cardwall

Awesome tool that helps me communicate with developers.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi James, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ash
Creative Marketing Assistant in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use

Kommentare: In my experience, Assembla is a very easy application to use. I like how you can organize your ticket view to however you want to experience the app. I usually filter it so it only shows tickets assigned to myself so I don't get lost in other people's information. Overall, I would definitely recommend Assembla to someone looking for a productivity tool for the workplace.

Organization of ticket view, ability to share information with colleagues, and ease of use.

I wish it had a multiple image upload rather than having to drag the image into the comment box.

Antwort von IDERA

Hi Ash, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Moeen
Manager Outsourcing in Pakistan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Need more Project Management reporting & Visual appealing interface

Simplicity is good with few handy options.

Should consider Gantt chart & release management features from Jira & other portals. we are gaming company so we wish your interface to be uplifted & soon we will share you something interested based on your own Assembla.

Andrew
Managing Partner in USA
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great online source control for projects

Kommentare: A great software to use for source control on your projects.

Assembla is great at managing large digital projects, not only within an office, but also when working with people remotely. Assembla's source control functionality is what you expect, but I also really like their ticket system when projects can be defined in a very goal oriented way and then tracked through their life.

The price is good for small teams, but once the team starts to get bigger, or you add people who won't be permanent, but you need them added for a short time, it can start to get pricey.

martin
Developer in USA
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Feels Kind of Old

Kommentare: It's a simple tool that is overly complex to use.

Task management in the application is simple and effective.

The UI is bizarre and very old-fashioned. The software feels like it was designed in 2011. There is no tight integration with Github, which is a clear deficiency of Assembla. It is also VERY chatty and seems to send email about everything.

Sureshkumar
Project Manager in Indien

Awesome......

I am a using Assembla for more than 6 years. Everything is awesome except cost and support. ;)

Support. Cost is huge but we get a discount. :)

Peter
Graphic Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

I Only Use it for Hosting SVN Repos

Kommentare: Basically I use it like the SVN version of Github, but more lonely. It works, and I like that it works.

I only use this to host my SVN repositories, because there's nothing like Github out there for SVN. It gets the job done well, so no complaints from me. 👍

Besides my unresolved support ticket related to a specific device that I use, the most annoying thing is the reliance on an environment variable (REPO_NAME) to distinguish between multiple repositories when connecting by command line to svn.assembla.com, instead of relying on URL like any sane API. I have four repositories that I want to access from the same device, so setting this variable globally on my device configuration isn't an option. It seems like Assembla engineers assumed users could just set this globally on their device, which was a false assumption.

Keith
Video production in Japan
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My toes curl when I have to use Assembla

Kommentare: I want to have a way to organize messages that everyone can see and follow up with which is the point of Assembla for my team, but messages get constantly lost or forgotten about. I look forward to never using Assembla again.

My favorite part of Assembla is people in my company are moving away from using it lately.

It's clearly written by programmers for programmers and I am not a programmer. Menus are unintuitive, it's impossible to find anything I'm looking for. The interface is ugly and complicated while simultaneously delivering too much information and nothing I need to see. And I get either hourly, daily, or no emails? What about weekly? You have due date AND deadline? Why are these different? I only use Assembla when I have to and it's always painful.

Sayan
Associate in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Simple and Great Defect Management tool but lacks some features

I have used many defect management tools in the past but this one is undoubtedly the best defect management tool. It is easy to use and simple. The defects can be tracked easily.

There should be some options to manage the requirements as well. It would be very helpful.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Gets the job done

Kommentare: Our company has a large number of ongoing projects with even more milestones in progress at the same time split by teams. Assembla has been helping us have a smooth and uniform process.

As a developer, the main functions I interacted with are the repository and ticket management. Both are intuitive and easy to use. Particularly the ticket management function which has a very practical layout. You can easily see where each ticket is in the pipeline and the overall status of that particular milestone.

In the ticket management function, the quick add module view could be slightly wider but this is a personal preference. It's fine as it is now.