Über FieldEdge

Die führende Software für dein gesamtes Unternehmen – FieldEdge hilft dir, Zeit zu sparen und mehr Geld zu verdienen.

Erfahre mehr über FieldEdge

As a user who started at my company after FieldEdge was already in place, I can honestly say that FieldEdge was very easy to learn. It is user friendly and the basics can be picked up very quickly.

Even my bookkeeper had problems with data coming over into Quickbooks.

Bewertungen zu FieldEdge

4,0
4,0

FieldEdge hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 296 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FieldEdge bereits verwendet?

Irene

Highly customizable - Field Edge, hands down, is the best out there

Kommentare: Excellent. I could not ask for better customer service. Specifically, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
our Customer Success Manager, has been great to work with. He responds quickly, is very hands on, and is overly dedicated to our team.

The customization capabilities , the program being web-based, simple to use, and works full circle for every user, regardless of role, and for each division

It would be useful if the reports could be generated in all formats

Dan
owner in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Helps manage, organize, and grow your service business.

Kommentare: I am extremely thankful for the support team at FieldEdge. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and know their application well. Although implementation took some time and we still are improving our data set, we are glad that we selected to use FieldEdge as our SMS (Service Management Software). It truly brought our company from where we were to the next level. We are now a more consistent, more efficient, and more profitable company. If you do select FieldEdge to help your company, my one piece of sage advice is to spend time building out your pricebook for your Field Service Technicians. Adding photos, detailed descriptions, and the like will help them select the right part for the job and help you make sure you are billing the customer for the right part,.....etc.... etc....

FieldEdge has been instrumental in helping our business automate so many of the daily tasks of operating our service business. From tracking how marketing works, setting up new service calls through our dispatcher, informing our techs where and when they need to be at jobs, invoicing, quoting, historical work completed, and even uploading photos. By in large, FieldEdge has the service process covered and help companies that use it, become better at communicating with customers, employees, and management. I have been impressed with most every feature that they offer. The one feature which I think has helped us grow the most is the use of packages. A package is a grouping of items that are typically sold together. These packages have the individual items used to create the package as invisible to the consumer and a blank freeform data field to explain what the package is. The use of packages has grown our average sales ticket and improved the efficiency of our technicians. Customer love that they get detailed written invoices and quotes promptly emailed to them. Dispatchers love see where the techs are in the day so they can squeeze in an extra service call or two. From an owner and management side of things, I sincerely appreciate how this tool helps customer, dispatcher(s), field service technicians, and our management to all work together.

Can't really think of any major cons. There are some "Wish-List" items which I have for fine tuning the software, but they are minor disadvantages. One such example is the history of customer interactions. It is visible on the mobile application, but it isn't easily viewed. For example, it may say that we had an invoices in May 2016, September 2017, February 2019, and July 2020. To find if a customer purchased a widget from us, we have to review each invoice to "hunt" for the widget and when or if it was sold by us.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Hi Dan - WOW! Thank you so much for this thorough and glowing review! We love hearing how FieldEdge helps businesses like yours grow. We work hard to meet expectations, and we're so glad to learn that we hit the mark for you. Our teams will be so happy to hear the feedback you've shared. Thanks again!

Louis
President in USA

Great Staff and Growing Platform

Kommentare: Overall the team at Fieldedge is willing to work with you which is something you don't often find when working with a vendor. They are flexible, friendly and generally pleasant to work with, which helps make up for some of what the service may lack. There are plenty of options out there but if you're looking for a partner instead of a rigid behemoth, Fieldedge is a great choice.

The system is relatively simple to use and the support staff is almost always fantastic to work with. Grace, my CSM is practically a member of our team and goes way above and beyond to help us with anything we need. She's a big part of the reason why we're still with this system.

Reporting leaves a lot to be desired, and overall, the system needs polishing along with a heavier, more focused approach to developing from the end user's needs. I feel like they'd gain 10x the insight into how to measurably improve the product if they spent some time with a company who uses it regularly.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us, Louis! We are continually working on enhancements to our software and take all feedback into consideration. We'll be sure to pass all of your comments along to the appropriate teams :) Looking forward to continuing to support your business in any way we can.

Devon
Chief Operating Officer in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Service

This product did not answer all of our answers, but FieldEdge was always willing to help! They made sure our needs and concerns were their needs and concerns. Their customer service is excellent!

They are continually adding features so many features we needed at the beginning they did not have. They now do!

Haley
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software for a smaller company & cost effective

Kommentare: Overall, it is a good system for the price. It gets the job done, syncs with quickbooks online, and is rather user friendly.

I like the amount of options the overall program offers; such as tracking call sources, maintenance agreement tracking, installation/equipment tracking, general layout of the software itself.

Some cons for me would be the lack of in depth or interactive reporting; I would like to see them roll out the option to pull custom report vs the built in ones. We have encountered multiple issues with "downtime" when the FieldEdge system gets interrupted & the office and technicians cannot login, this causes many issues and is very inconvenient. They do actively try to get it resolved, but when you're in our industry any downtime can cause major disruptions. I would like to see more options for the communication templates as well - such as being able to send appointment booking confirmation & reminders (as well as more interactive edits with the emails i.e. being able to decide when to send the appointment reminder rather than it just being a day before reminder.)

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Hi Haley - A member of the Customer Success team will be in touch regarding your requests. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on FieldEdge!

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FieldEdge great for small to medium sized companies

Kommentare: Fieldedge helped streamline our company and operations substantially from our paper invoice and reporting previously. The basic functions were easy enough to train someone on in a day. Some of the more integral functions were a bit confusing and required technical help. The technical help for fieldedge is outstanding.

Ease of learning curve on basic functions was very manageable scheduling is straightforward and can be accomplished with a few simple clicks researching a customers history is an integrated tool and very easy to navigate

Overall the software seems a bit dated some features and functions many new estimating/scheduling software packages are implementing are not included such as text notifications for customers.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Thank you for providing your feedback, we always appreciate our customers letting us know how we can further help them! If you contact your Customer Success Manager they will be more than happy help you troubleshoot this issue.

Erin
Director of Business Operations in USA

FieldEdge transformed our business

Kommentare: Since day 1, working with FieldEdge has been a delight. Every person we have encountered has been positive, knowledgable and helpful.

The ability to manage the entire customer experience from lead to invoice all the way into quickbooks has streamlined our workflow and allowed us to take on significantly more work. Our success manager and the tech support teams are phenomenal.

The software is still lacking some features to be able to manage larger more complex quotes and project management.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Thank you so much for your kind words, Erin. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your FieldEdge experience with us.

Sadie
Accounting in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Field Edge Review

Kommentare: I like the dashboard tab for easy overall numbers of sales, quotes and marketing

Its easy to use and keeps everything in order. Links to QuickBooks which is helpful. I like the training modules for new employees coming in. Service is great

Missing features to help with receivables like statements.

Peter
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good experience

Kommentare: It is my main location during the business day. The AP side is still mostly in Quickbooks. The customer side is mostly in Fieldedge.

It is built around the service agreement part of my business. The reminder feature is 1st rate.

I chose to start during a busy period . This is not advisable as there is much to learn.

James
James
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Oversold and Under Delivered

Kommentare: I was excited about the potential good F.E. could do for us, but we had a bad customer service experience at every turn. Their product may work great, but I wasn't willing to deal with the people and processes in order to get through the on-boarding. The first issue we had was over something simple. We asked to wait to on-board for one month, but they started calling and emailing us the day after we agreed to sign up. The cc processing company even started calling and bugging us to get started before it was time. When we did start on-boarding I got a rep that I honestly just didn't pair up with very well. IMHO he was more interested in hearing his own voice and talking over us than listening or working with us. He had to get his opinion in, even when it was not solicited. The training videos were also terrible and lacking with regards to real world use. It was more of a features tour with regards to the mobile app. Lastly, they were in charge of converting info from our current CRM to theirs and they couldn't even convert a PDF to an Excel file. I was beyond irritated at that point. We paid for a setup and we have to do the file conversions too? That was the final straw for me. I cancelled the plan before we finished on-boarding and to this day they have not returned any of the on-boarding or first months fees. Buyer Beware with these people!

Potential features for maintenance plans and quoting equipment.

We never finished the setup / on-boarding so I couldn't say.

Matthew
Manager in USA

Not Impressed at All

Kommentare: Not impressed at all

If you are week on computers and just need a super simplistic software to schedule a couple of guys then this software will probably be alright for you.

The lay-out of this software in the desktop and mobile environment isn't that good. This software also wants a lead technician on every job. There fore if you schedule a helper and you accidentally close your work order before he does, it locks the helper out of the work order. Whomever built this software probably wasn't involved in the air conditioning trade or for that matter just running a service type of business. I'm not impressed at all.

Tyler

Constantly Improving & Great Customer Support

Customer support is very quick & thorough. There is a chat feature integrated with the software for customer support issues. It automatically creates recurring service work orders, which is nice. You can flag customer accounts as do not service, which disables your other users from scheduling work orders for those customers - this is a new feature that is going to save us thousands in unpaid bills by customers who do not pay their bills. We tried putting them on our own lists, but they sometimes still slip through the cracks. It has phone integration, which not only records calls but also has the ability to track lead sources. I can print pick lists every morning, so I can ensure my techs are fully stocked at the beginning of every day.

It can be kind of slow at times, although it seems to work well for the most part. In the year I've used it, we've been locked of the system for 24 hours 2-3 times. This was incredibly frustrating, and it would have been detrimental had we print paper copies of every work order. A paperless way to proactively anticipate this problem is to just download a list of pending work orders at the end of each day & to keep a list of your customers in excel or google sheets, so you can access phone numbers and addresses. It is also more geared towards flat rate pricing, which I admit is more attractive for residential customers. With commercial customers (the bulk of mine being restaurants), I could lose some of my best customers if I switched to flat rate pricing. We track our labor from the time of dispatch until the the work order is completed. If our techs look on FE to see how much time they've spent on a job, they only see the time working - not the time traveling. I've had several jobs go underpriced because a tech forgets goes by the time they see on the software.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Tyler! We are happy to know you are utilizing the newer 'Do Not Service' feature and have found it to be a time saver, along with the other functionality you enjoy. We also understand the frustration you experienced on those occasions, and are continuously working to make improvements to our software as you alluded to. We are proud of the enhancements we have made to the stability and reliability of our platform in recent months. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to work together.

Robin
CEO in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Fieldedge is a bad bet

Kommentare: The tech they hire are nothing but phone answering receptionist. None of them are trained on the product. they don't even know where to direct you to installed their apps. they hire these kids out of school with no IT training and expect them to support their customers. I have a BS degree in IT and been in the field for 30 years. these kids has no knowledge in the IT world. the can BS the non IT people but when they hit someone knowledgeable in the field they state they have to have someone to call back. 3 to 5 business day later still no call. I have now been waiting for about 3 weeks to get me connector work with QB. that mean no billing info or Payroll info going to QB. I have my personally doing excel sheets for payroll. But they still expect to get their payment. I just received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that told me I need to be nicer to the tech that is wasting my time because he is lacking training on the product. I told him he needs to get better training because your customer are paying their personally to talk with him and spend dollars doing manual excel sheets for payroll

not much. None of there modules live up to exceptions. falls short on all of the product.

The software has a connector app that must be running on another box and it goes off line every time the software has an upgrade. then I have to spend the next two days trying to get the fieldedge tech on the phone. The product must be installed by the fieldedge tech because they must enter a code and password.

letztes Jahr

Hi Robin, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact us at customermarketing@fieldedge.com so we can gather more information and help you in any way we can. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

Lisa
Office Administration in USA
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Integrates with Quickbooks

Kommentare: Overall, we have loved the software. There is another one that we like better but being a small company we could not afford it.

We like having everything electronic for service calls instead of paper. We like having the customers equipment listed in one place and service history available to the service tech in the field. Service tech can add equipment and pictures as needed. Dispatch log lets you know what service work is needed each week.

Does not have 2 way communication with Quickbooks. Can only add parts in fieldedge but have to create purchase order in Quickbooks. We used advanced inventory with Quickbooks with site and bin location for each part. Service Tech can only see that we have part - he doesn't know if its in the warehouse, on his truck or another location. Seems old school in setup - with today's technology looks like it would be more flexible.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Hi Lisa! Thank you for providing your feedback! Your Customer Success Manager will be in contact with you soon to help you with this QuickBooks issue.

Service Manager in USA

Price Keeps Climbing

The software works without too many issues

The pricing has increased by almost 25% this year alone. In order to use the mobile function you will have to pay a yearly support fee plus a per user fee. If you take issue with it they will have the sales group call and talk in circles with no real answer to justify the increase. Also they changed their accounting software at the end of 2020, messed up the billing for almost 5 months, and then turned us off on a Friday afternoon at 4:30 pm with no way to get the mobile side back until the following week. They never replied when we sent in for tech support. They then tried to blame us for it and were extremely rude about the whole thing, covering their rear rather than fixing it and moving on. The software is great, their office support is horrible to deal with, If we treated our customers they way they do we would be thrown off the job.

Jordan
Office manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

support is the real issue

Kommentare: negative. have been ignored for 30 days at a time. when "help" calls no solutions are offered

the program could be useful if it could be ran.

everything takes 20 extra steps to complete support is useless techs hate it information is lost connection with quickbooks is a major issue WHAT YOU ARE SOLD IS NOT WHAT YOU GET. SUPPORT IS A JOKE NEVER FIX ISSUE UNTIL YOU ARE UPSET THEN MAKE YOU THE BAD GUY FOR BEING UPSET. they keep shoving their satisfaction rating down the throats of customers, when really people are stuck with them because they spent all this time and money on the program

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Hi Jordan - We're disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. After escalating your feedback, we understand that you spoke with a senior member of our Customer Success team yesterday in more detail regarding these concerns. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to make things right moving forward.

Dustin
Supervisor in USA
Viehwirtschaft, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Top notch customer service behind a good product

Kommentare: Being in the service industry we understand the importance of customer service, these guys are second to none in this category and it's what really makes them shine.

The ability to organized customer data in fine detail.

Mobil side has a few bugs from time to time but never had an issue the FE staff wasn't willing to help with/resolve in a more than timely manor.

Jeffery

Customer since 1999

Kommentare: Been trying to get these guys to do a signature capture for invoices and creditcards for years. With each version we update to we always have issues. Either server doesnt want to communicate or information wont save. Last update zeroed out all of the prices/cost for our inventory, had to do a restore to try to fix everything.

Customer service is decent. It is a all in one system(POS, inventory, ect) ease of training for new employees.

Issues with server not communicating, cant removed customers from 10 years ago that arent even in business anymore, too many steps to run a credit card. Cant link multiple emails to send invoices to customers(accounting, general information), issues when trying to process credit cards(trys to charge to a customer instead) The earlier versions never had these issues and with each update they are trying to make it almost "too" complex.

Angie
SERVICE DISPATCHER in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best!

Kommentare: I think over all this program/ software is good it is not the greatest one out there yet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic, we appreciate all she does!

I have been using this for almost 2 years now at my company and there are somethings that it would do to make it better. The thing that I like the most is the fact that it remains me to call the customer when their maintenance is due.

I think the system could be better by creating a Mach maintenance (QUOTE) plan to send to the customers to show them what will be their plan with pricing and have them electronically sign the agreement with accept or decline option, as well as the system take off the % off the plan when scheduled.

Jaime
Customer service supervisor in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Adrian exceeded my expectations with his customer service and willingness to help me with my updates

The customer service that ESC tech support showed me way exceeded my expectations. Adrian specifically, was such a great help. He came in after hours and even gave me his personal cell number in case I had questions while I updated each workstation individually. I am not a computer savvy person and he made it easy to understand and even fun while we were getting everything updated. I work for a heat and air company in Oklahoma and I would recommend Adrien or any of the staff at ESC to any company. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

The only con to the program was in the old version that we had as far as running reports. This is why we did the updates.

Meredith
Director in USA

TeamWork Works!

Kommentare: they are one of our most important partners in this business and we deeply appreciate their expertise.

The LIVE Humans who are there to help when we don't understand someting.

The training videos are outdated and often don't answer the question I'm asking. But, more important FieldEdge's partnership with Clearent causes us significant problems. Clearent is dishonest about who they are and in competent at what they do.

letztes Jahr

Hi Meredith! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We will be sure to share your experience with our team. Thank you for the wonderful testimonial!

Jenn

Best customer service ever

Its ease of use, and portability. Also the ability to export any report out to excel and create the report that I need from there. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has become a welcome addition to my go to Fieldedge team. He understands my needs and always makes me feel like those needs are a priority.

That the office side does not complete control over the dispatch. As an admin I would like to have the ability to complete the dispatch even if the technician is in it. More often than not the tech has forgotten at the end of the day to complete themselves and clock out.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jenn! We love hearing this type of feedback, and we will certainly pass your suggestions along to the appropriate team.

Jeannie
A/R Bookkeeper / Office Manager in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

ESC Review

Kommentare: Our company used DESCO prior to the conversion to ESC. The conversion was quite a change for the people who were used to using the DOS version. We have been with DESCO since 1992. The folks in the IT Department at DESCO were key in seeing that the conversion went smoothly and our customer base, accounting and payroll were not affected by the upgrade. They walked us through each step and we have been using ESC with no difficulty since. I am constantly learning something new that this system will do.
The effortlessness in scheduling customers and assigning technicians to service calls is astounding. The Electronic Dispatch Board (EDB) makes seeing how your day is scheduled in advance, trouble-free almost with just a glance you can see what time slots are available for scheduling.
The accounting is straightforward. Keeping track of inventory costs on jobs is made much simpler. Having the ability to email customer invoices and statements is uncomplicated and saves a lot on postage. I like that ESC gave the individual company the ability to design their own invoices and make them more personal.
Payroll was a little work to set up and learn to use. However, once all the information was put into the system, producing payroll is simple, right down to keeping track of company payroll expenses and generating W2s. Our company just started doing Direct Deposit for our employees two weeks ago, given that ESC has a section in Payroll for Direct Deposit, the ease of making those deposits is made even greater.
I would highly recommend ESC. This software was written to accommodate everything you would need to support and run a service based industry. Also, the support offered by DESCO is amazing, they respond to your need for help in a timely manner, they are always professional and friendly, never make you feel dim and will stay with you until your problem is fixed. I am a fan!

Robyn
Office Coordinator in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Getting better, not the best yet.

Kommentare: They have a good thing going, but really need to work on service interruptions, along with better training of tech support.

Nice set up, easy to use. Works with quickbooks.

Still has too many service interruptions, tech support is lacking, very of their people know the system like a real user would. QuickBooks integrations wont allow for coding in FE to push into QB's.

Antwort von Xplor Technologies

Thanks so much for your feedback, Robyn. We understand that service interruptions are not ideal and our teams are constantly working on ways to minimize the impact. Our CTO recently hosted a webinar discussing the recent challenges and what we are doing to address them. If you didn't receive a copy of the webinar, or if there are additional QuickBooks or other support questions, please email support@fieldege.com and we will get you in touch with a resource that can assist with this!

Cathy

Highly Recommend

We are a family owned plumbing company and we have been utilizing FieldEdge for over a year now. Dispatching and mobile applications are easy and effective. Payment processing and call monitoring integration are extremly useful. The FE support team has been wonderful in helping us get the most use out of FE for our specific needs. Tech support is very responsive and knowledgable. We would highly recommend FieldEdge.

There are many features so it can be slightly overwhelming at first to decide what to use. However, the FE team is great about assisting with figuring out what is the best way to utilize the program for your company.