Simple and effective LMS for business use

Bewertet am 16.6.2016
Sandy W.
Consultant

Kommentare: Edvance360 supplied information to conduct a run-off between its product and others in the market. Edvance360 offered my client the most cost effective approach, answering all of the scores of questions to determine if it was a solid choice for the business or not. Their product won on merits of functionality, and virtually seamless fit with the client's environment.

Vorteile: Simple, easy to develop and deploy lessons and activities. Reporting is sufficient for the business application of the online system. Edvance360 was exceptionally responsive with training, answering support questions, and overall concern for how the product was being received. High praise for a company of its small stature. The support folks were always very responsive.

Nachteile: At times the administration of new and current students presented challenges that were overcome. The lack of ability to reshape the learning environment is a negative as the audiences in businesses vary so much, each role needs a different user environment. Too difficult to make screen changes, but otherwise, content management was cumbersome but worked.

Latitude Deserves Five Stars

Bewertet am 21.1.2015
Ray M.
Managing Partner

Kommentare: I run a training and development firm which specializes in Customer Focus and Service Excellence. It is critical that we practice what we teach. The same must be true for any strategic partners we work with. When we launched our web-based customer experience certification training program we needed an LMS provider that exemplified our service values because to our customers the learning interface is us. After a lot of searching I found Latitude. They have been my valued partner for over four years. The bottom line is that I can count on them for help and support when I need it. Their account executives are focused on understanding my business, tailoring what they offer to help me achieve my objectives and focused on building strong relationships not how much they can get in fees. The Latitude system is pretty user friendly but you can't be a novice. You need to have reasonable analytical skills and a basic understanding of HTML is helpful if you want to figure out how to take advantage all the system has to offer. The good news is if you get stuck, you can access a pretty good library of training resources or purchase the support you need at a very fair price. The best measure of a Company's service capability is when something goes wrong. Since I have been working with my partners at Latitude I have come to depend on the tremendous reliability of their technology. That is until 3 days before Christmas 2014 when one of my clients informed me that there was a major problem with my portal. All of the extensive customization we had brought to our portal was gone. I called the service team, they jumped on the problem immediately and within less than an hour all was resolved. The service person followed-up up with me to ensure I was content as did my account managers one who was away and the other who was home sick. When it comes to technology, nothing is perfect and things can go wrong. It is naive to think otherwise. So when you get this kind of rapid response and follow-through when there is a catastrophe it only proves how good a partner they are. The other thing I like about my partners is that they are continually looking for ways to make their system more user friendly, responsive to client needs and adding new bells and whistles. I am so pleased with Latitude that I have referred colleagues and clients. If you need a robust, comprehensive and reliable learning management system, Look No Further Than Latitude.

I am a one person training department who relies heavily on Latitude learning to help me.

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Rick G.
Training and Safety Manager
Öl & Energie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: OSHA compliance and tracking. New employee on-boarding. Monthly safety training. I do all of this with the help of Latitude learning.

Vorteile: It works. My learners like to use the system and the training. Your support people are the best. They are always willing to answer a question and help out.

Nachteile: I have looked at the Captivate LMS and like the visual graphic interface. It is difficult to (for me) change my certification curriculum. I would like to see templates of pages to use for my site. I am not a HTML programmer, so making pages easier for me would be better. Possibly the use of an outside tool like DreamWeaver, XD, or other easy to use webpage builder and import a page.

Rick,
We appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your suggestion for additional page templates. Please don't hesitate providing more enhancement suggestion here: https://www.latitudelearning.com/lms-enhancement-suggestion. Your input is valuable to the future decisions made on LatitudeLearning.

We did a lot of searching before selecting Latitude Learning as our LMS. Good value.

Laura A.
Instructional Design and eLearning Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great value for the features we get. Good for mid-sized companies who do not have unlimited funds to purchase their own LMS.

Vorteile: This LMS is very user friendly for the non-html user to set up and operate. The value of the product for a company our size made this an easy choice and we couldn't be happier. Recent upgrades to features makes us even more thrilled and the service we've received is top notch.

Nachteile: When having to search for several people by name, it would be nice to streamline the clicks needed to do several searches at a time.

Laura,
We are glad we got picked!! Thanks for your feedback about the multiple people search. I'll pass that along to our R&D team.

An overall good experience: good LMS, great customer support

Matthew B.
Client Support Guru

Vorteile: The LMS is very reliable
The support staff are superb at resolving issues and very friendly
Latitude seriously values its clients' input and works hard to provide them with the features they want

Nachteile: The interface and system design are sometimes user-unfriendly, but Latitude is working to make both better
The interface also looks dated but that's also something Latitude is working to fix

von Latitude Learning an 2.6.2017

Matthew,
Great to hear you are finding LatitudeLearning as a reliable LMS. Your experience and success are important to us, which is why we are working to improve our product and the overall success of your training program.

Does exactly what I need.

Training and Documentation

Kommentare: Helps us track certifications for our training department.

Vorteile: You cannot beat the price. The value of what you get for the money cannot be beat. 100 concurrent users for free is amazing.

Nachteile: I wish the reporting was a little bit better. I would love to be able to see better stats regarding questions missed on tests.

von Latitude Learning an 18.4.2018

Great news. Our R&D has worked diligently over the past year to give our users a more robust reporting experience. Please take a moment and see the newest reporting capabilities you have at your fingertips.

Easy to design and understand how to use the LMS

Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Laura B.
Education Manager
Medienproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer Satisfaction

Vorteile: The software is very easy to use and understand. not having much of a tech background, I was still able to design the system based on our needs. The users manual is very helpful.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I have already recommended the system to several others

Laura,
Your recommendations to our product is very appreciated. Thanks you for using LatitudeLearning.

Simple user experience and outstanding Admin support!

Orlando R.
Instructional Designer / LMS Admin
Paket- & Frachtlieferung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The advantage of using video and screen recordings in our training. Consistent delivery!

Vorteile: One of its strengths is the flexibility in knowledge delivery modes: Single course, Course groupings, and certification support.
The LMS is great at delivering our videos and screen recordings used in our training programs.

von Latitude Learning an 7.6.2017

Thanks Orlando! We pride ourselves on our ClientCare Team.

Not a bad system for the money

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Founder/CEO

Kommentare: It's ok. Not the best on the market.

Vorteile: A lot of functionality and features. Definitely will meet a majority of a company's needs. This is a big strength of the system.

Nachteile: It's not very user friendly. The learning curve is high and even then the steps are very complicated. Seems like they could find easier ways to do tasks.

Versatile tool

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Sandra S.
Marketing Communications Manager
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Latitude allows my company to involve several different department owners in customizing training courses for their users. In a growing company, this is imperative and will only increase in use. Training staff were knowledgeable and able to walk our group through a better understanding of the tool.

Nachteile: The portal customization is clunky and difficult to easily and quickly use. Users would benefit from a drag and drop user interface for branding purposes. It also seems difficult to quickly upload a group of users or change where a user reports as the company expands its use and people change jobs. I only use the software every month or two, so users with more time in the platform may not have these issues.

A robust LMS

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
Dan B.
Director of Training Operations
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use, structure of system fits organizational design of a business, easy to upload content and deploy coursework

Nachteile: Batch User Import can be a struggle to get it right, once you do it's a great tool that can save time

User Friendly

Brian V.

Vorteile: LatitudeLearning provides Great Customer Support. Easy implementation and customization. User testing was great too.

Nachteile: LatitudeLearning was kind of expensive to buy/subscribe. I'd recommend they come up with a more cost friendly option.

von Latitude Learning an 18.4.2018

Brian,
I agree, our ClientCare is a top-notch team that prides themselves on responding quickly and resolving customer concerns is a timely fashion. I'm interested in learning more about the price quotes you encountered. Industry-wide, we are extremely competitive and generally have one of the best prices considering the overall functions and features we provide.

Effective once all the steps are complete

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Technology Training Manager

Kommentare: The product and support elements were there for my organization when most needed; this was hugely appreciated and just-in-time.

Vorteile: Ability to assess with custom assets - the functionality is clean and simple and easy to populate with custom questions and distractors.

Nachteile: Over-engineered system for importing new users - hierarchy options try to drill too deep. When importing users I have to complete several other group requirements that are unnecessary for my implementation.

von Latitude Learning an 22.5.2018

We pride ourselves on being responsive to our amazing clients. We even have a program that ensures we will be there months/years of your initial setup. Our ClientCare¿ program ensures your training program operate efficiently with prompt resolutions to your concerns, regular check-ups, periodic updates and administrative support to paying clients.

Easy to use and set up

Bewertet am 19.9.2017
Laura B.
Education Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The help desk is very helpful and quick to answer questions. I'm not the most technological person and I have encountered a few questions and they were very quick on getting back to me with the right answer.

von Latitude Learning an 25.9.2017

Laura,
Our ClientCare Team ensures your training program operates efficiently and that means quick response time. Thanks for the feedback!

When I was primary admin all went well, we shifted with growth and I moved training, all seems fine

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Martin C.
Associate Director

Kommentare: staff training & development options

Vorteile: It is intuitive and easy to set up, assign users and the ease of use and access for self training works well.

Nachteile: Of course us being a non-profit all costs are always our issues regarding budgeting, so the access to free is imperative for us.

von Latitude Learning an 22.5.2018

Martin, It's for clients like yourself that we provide Our Forever Free LMS up to 100 users.
You'll get the same feature-rich LMS in use by Fortune 500 companies plus over 70 free e-learning courses.
No contracts.
Use it as long as you want.
Unlike other free learning management systems that require you to install software, our is a hosted free LMS.

Just what we needed!

Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We didn't have to invest a ton of money to develop a new-hire skills assessment that we only use once in a while, but it's there when we need it.

Vorteile: There is a great deal of flexibility in the assessment styles. We needed a solution for a pre-hire skills assessment. I used to be a K-12 teacher, and I was looking for something inexpensive to use in my current role in HR, but we didn't want to invest a ton of money into something we wouldn't use very often. This really solved all of our problems.

Nachteile: The only thing that I feel is missing from this user experience is a way to filter teacher-touch essays and non-auto-graded questions through the grading system. My workaround is to assume those questions are going to be scored incorrectly, and inform the user beforehand that their score will not reflect accurately their skill level.

Pretty good solution for my needs

Bewertet am 20.6.2018
Nico V.
Didactisch medewerker O-team

Kommentare: Improved learning process of employees among with other E-learning tools we use.

Vorteile: compatibibilty with our internal softwares.
Issues and errors are rare.
Adaptations can be done quickly and efficiently.
No frequent/earnest need yet to contact custommer support, but I guess thats a good sign.

Nachteile: Somehow the interface of tools.
Doesn't allways work intuitive.
I still have issues making reports, I sometimes need different information but the provided info.

von Latitude Learning an 3.8.2018

Nico: Ours Tools Bootcamp will help you enhance your LMS experience. It comprises of one-on-one training sessions, totaling 6-hours, that walks you through the basic tools available to aid in the configuration and operation of your LMS. You will get an overview of over 70 configuration and operation tools designed to assist you in organizing people, organizing content, configuring the user experience, managing people, managing enrollments and tracking progress. At the conclusion of Tools Bootcamp, you will have a better understanding of these tools and how they should be used to enhance your training program.

There is a small learning curve. Overall easy to use and very functional.

Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Training Coordinator
Papier & forstwirtschaftliche Erzeugnisse, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this software for my online classes for working towards my master's degree. It works well for short video and discussions.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use once you have learned how to. The learning curve is small. Uploading is very easy to complete. There is a very nice free version to use

Nachteile: There is a learning curve, but it is a small learning curve. The software is difficult to use with Macintosh. Tools can be confusing at times.

von Latitude Learning an 22.5.2018

To help get our clients over the learning curve we provide LatitudeLearning's Tools Bootcamp which comprises of one-on-one training sessions that walks you through the basic tools available to aid in the configuration and operation of your LMS.

Meets and exceeds my needs

Bewertet am 16.6.2016
Duane W.
Owner/Principal
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The learning curve for using Latitude Learning is manageable. Once I 'played' with the functionality it became more intuitive. Once familiar with the system, it works like a dream! It does what I need for my business and is one of my favorite tools.

Vorteile: The quality of the pre-loaded course work is great. It is relevant, to the point and well designed. The ability to do bulk loads, branding and using the 'impersonate' feature is better than I expected.

Nachteile: I'm having some issues getting summary reports, but I have just begun using that feature. Also, I'm no 'techno-genius' so some of the language and definitions were barriers for a while.

Great LMS

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Joseph T.
Director, HR

Vorteile: Vast functionality. Easy to roll out to multiple sites, administrators and users. Library of free content is deep.

Nachteile: Not immediately intuitive. Took time to set up before rolling to administrators. Users needed some instruction around how to access the content.

von Latitude Learning an 3.8.2018

Joseph: thanks for your feedback. We do provide a Getting Started Guide that is located on our Support Page to help give step by step instructions on how to set up an LMS.

Created my own industry certification and continuing education classes

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Anne L.
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service team is very responsive to my requests, and knowledgeable of the Latitude Learning products, strengths, and work-arounds. Thank you!

Vorteile: The Home Page for the student is comprehensive and easy to navigate.

Nachteile: I had to pay another software technician to "produce" the classes before they could be uploaded into Latitude Learning's software for publishing as online courses.

We love Latitude so much we signed a five year deal!

Bewertet am 5.6.2017
Clay K.
chief strategist

Vorteile: Very easy to use. Customer support is excellent, responsive and genuinely seem concern for our satisfaction.

Nachteile: Would like a more contemporary look and feel, kind of like this survey. Would like a more contemporary look and feel, kind of like this survey.

von Latitude Learning an 7.6.2017

It goes both way, Clay. We love having you are a valuable client. As you know, we are constantly working to improve our product so we can continue to win your business.

Happy User

Bewertet am 19.9.2018
Stephanie B.
Nursing Faculty
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use such as enrolling students, setting up classes

Nachteile: Setting up grade book and trying to integrate learning management system

Excellent experience so far, helped make training in our workplace more accessible.

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Eric H.
Medical Records/IT

Kommentare: Logging of user training completion is made much easier, and also the ability for employees to be able to train when they have time makes it easier than having to pull them into a room at different times in order to go over training. This helps a lot considering we have more than one location.

Vorteile: There are lots of features and customization's available right off the bat with the site. There are many different options for class setup and presentations. Also one thing I like a lot is the ability to generate the various reports which makes keeping logs for compliance purposes easier.

Nachteile: There is a little learning curve when it comes uploading classes and creating classes, but not terribly hard at least. Seems really easy for employees to create their own accounts which sounds good, but when their accounts are predesignated by me, it forces me to go back and merge duplicate accounts to make sure everyone shows the correct completion of courses.

von Latitude Learning an 3.8.2018

Eric: great to hear you are experiencing success with LatitudeLearning by training more people with less effort.

Excellent software that is intuitive.

Jeff R.
Application Consultant
Medizinische Geräte, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to catalogue customer learning and offer certification for that learning.

Vorteile: The logic is good so going from one point of process to the next is reasonable. It is relatively easy to use and provides a needed resource for customers.

Nachteile: Some functions could be improved with "smarter" technology so that repeated effort can be avoided. Like name recognition with new entries. The software should be able to suggest it knows what you're inputting and update pervasively so that at all points of the process the information added will be reflected and therefore easier to find.

Jeff,
Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve our product from input we receive from users like yourself.