Über ServiceM8

Die App für kleine Unternehmen. Plane Jobs, erstelle Angebote und Rechnungen, fülle OH+S-Formulare aus und nimm sogar Kreditkartenzahlungen entgegen.

Erfahre mehr über ServiceM8

Its great to organise projects and keep photos filed.

Was told to login that way and cancel. However before I was able to login today I was billed for another month of service.

Bewertungen zu ServiceM8

ServiceM8 hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 302 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ServiceM8 bereits verwendet?

Timothy
Timothy

I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my business.

Kommentare: A real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -

My favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date

Only that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -

timothy
director in Australien
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Pay for volume and not number of users

Kommentare: The online chat tool with support is great. Nothing ever gets lost in the translation. Support is 7 x 24 around the planet.

Our business is strictly a service that we provide with a couple variations. Starting out as a small business meant I could not afford starting to pay for user licenses I could not afford. This other mob I was deal with, my first month with a discount was suppose to be $6. I then got a bill for $21 for just one day of testing. Bugger that. It was not worth the time a day to argue.

The outside sales support can be pricey. If you know exactly what you want, you can keep the implementations costs down. Especially with training. you need to practice as much as possible during your trial period.

Ryan
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Buyer Beware

Kommentare: We've been using ServiceM8 since 2018. Every September, with great fanfare, the latest update is made available to users. They call it their "Launch Event". It's always a very exciting time to see what new goodies and improvements will be added to the system. It has never disappointed. Until the last launch. In September 2022 ServiceM8 11.0 launched, and it has been a nightmare ever since. We've had the same tickets in now for 5 months, with nothing beyond canned responses received. The system is now extremely slow to repond, cannot complete basic search and find queries, and notifications (customers reaching on to contact you!) has pretty much stopped functioning altogether unless one is willing to sort through them over and over again trying to find which ones are new.Mind now, that before 11.0, none of these problems were in existence. But 5 months later they remain with no time line to remedy, and not even the smallest company acknowledgment of the problem. Does that sound to you like typical company behavior? Or does it sound more like a company with cashflow or ownership issues? We suspect the latter, which is the impetus of this review.It takes a great deal for a company to deploy new field service software, even intuitive ones like ServiceM8. We are now faced with the real possibility of having to do just that. We wouldn't want the same fate to befall another company without issueing a warning.

This is what we DID like about the software: While it might be a negative for some people, we love the fact that this system is Apple only. This greatly simplifies training, deploying, and working with it. And of course it's all done on Apple's interface which is second to none. It handles everything a field service company needs, with the exception of inventory, and it USED to do all this very well. It empowers the techs in the field to complete a great many tasks that previously were assigned to administration. This includes job creation, quoting, invoicing and collecting. 2 years ago they launch a VOIP phone app and this was incredibly helpful and a real time saver. It integrates with Xero (our accounting package) and Stripe very well. It has a pretty good API so we are able to connect some useful 3rd party apps to further expand our possibilities, and it is genuinely intuitive.

That it no longer functions properly. A year ago that statement would not have been true. But today, in February 2023, it unfortunately is.

Antwort von ServiceM8

letztes Jahr

Hi there Ryan, we're sorry to see your frustration around these issues you're experiencing, it's understandable and we're sorry for the inconvenience to your business. We'll have this reviewed for you and hopefully resolved soon. Thanks, ServiceM8 Team

Julio E
Partner in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Service Managing software I have used!

Kommentare: Ease to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.

It is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.

Wish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.

Dan
Director in Neuseeland
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.

Kommentare: After decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how job profitability is tracking without obtaining a degree in Accounting, nor spend hours late into the evening crunching numbers. As a Certified Public Accountant, I feel "Job Profitability" as calculated by ServiceM8 is more accurate than most small business accounting systems and definitely completely understandable by the average trades person. Only a bean counter would talk about job costing first ! Job Documentation is easy, accessible, and comprehensive. Every important aspect of a job is literally instantly captured, organised on that specific job, under a client/site code and stored in the cloud for immediate, forever access by your office team, co-workers, or yourself when you need to recall it years from now. Documentation 'happens' with a few simple clicks on your iPhone - even while you're on the tools. How would a bean counter know - because I spend as much time on my tools as on the keyboard - just ask me about my Festools ! As a real life example - ServiceM8 job documentation was presented to an enormous international product supplier after my claim of product failure while the company claimed user fault. That product has now been removed from the market - worldwide and that company is providing complete support following their failure. What is job documentation - photos, notes, check lists, forms, documents, tracking/co-ordination of sub-contractors and virtually anything you can upload. Quoting and invoicing a job is easier, better, and faster than any accounting system we've reviewed. We're not suggesting the elimination of the accounting system - it's still a necessary team member - just front end the accounting system with seamless - almost magical direct integration. And of course scheduling click click, drag - drop .... need I say more?

Job Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever. The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have saved me $5,000". Had a simple photo of the site been stored against the job BEFORE starting work, his team could not have been blamed for pre-existing damage. During the job, plans, quotes, drawings, product information, permits, health and safety forms can all be just a click away for reference. Communications with the customer - all recorded on the job - No more "I didn't receive that" ...... well someone opened the email at a documented time and date .... who might that have been ? Job Completion - nothing better than a photo - stored away safely in the ServiceM8 cloud. Most trades rely upon sub-contractor. Get a quote, send task lists, required contracts/documents by the sub-contractor - All via your ServiceM8 account with or without you sub contractor using a ServiceM8 account. All of the sub-contracted work is documented within the job.

Purchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system. This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.

Jason
Jason
VP in USA

Great for a start up

Kommentare: Great!

Great software for a startup company or even a large company. I Love the fact that when we started out we could easily afford this software and as we grew we could level up the software and still afford it. Similar software would have broke us be for we even got started plus servicem8 is more powerful software and meets all our needs now and has options that will meet all future needs. We will use Servicem8 forever and recommend it regularly.

customer support is email or chat only and sometimes I need immediate help and cant get it that fast. But a small price to pay for such great and affordable software.

Small Service Business Gold

Kommentare: I have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.

I've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.

Only con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.

Alison
Alison
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Superb Small business software for Scheduling

Kommentare: Simple to use and schedule installers whilst capturing customer communications. I use this software in 2 small business operating in New Zealand construction industry and it works well in both. 1 integrated with Xero...this works well. 1 is not integrated to accounting for complexity of pricing reasons...but one day, I will reconfigure our pricing so I can.
Overall, excellent software especially when you can design new processes to ensure users can populate the information and view what they need to see in a timely fashion.

Especially powerful is the remote users...managers and installers accessing and updating information from iPhones and iPads. We capture on-site photos. We capture on-site Hazard ID information and customer sign-off for quality.

no App for Androids. We have contract installers and persuading them to ditch their Samsung for an iPhone hasn't worked. (We synch with Google Calendars for them.)

Arpit
Arpit
Director in UK

Absolutely great for trades

Kommentare: We setup a fire alarm business and needed a system to link customers, engineers, head office and invoicing in one eco-system. ServiceM8 does this and more. They work with a UK based company to provide support and form customisation. The custom forms are leapyears ahead and it gave our business a great professional headstart.

We found the app easy to integrate and the pc web-based interface is very intuitive. The ability to create custom forms, and other custom services is invaluable. The auto emailing of customers for invoices and quotes makes the business look extremely professional.

They have no support for android nor do they have an android app. I find this incredulous given that Android is such a large user. It was for this reason that we stopped using the software.

Jodi
Jodi

Life Changing App for Small Business Owners

Kommentare: If you own a small business in the Service Industry and you want your life back, then you need ServiceM8. Our landscaping company has gone from a rather unprofessional mob of blokes working their rears off to a very slick team of professionals, and we are blitzing the opposition!

What sets ServiceM8 apart from the many "other" apps out there is that ServiceM8 is ever evolving, it is owned by an Australian Company which is run by "down to earth" people who listen. The flexibility of the system is awesome (one size does not fit all, but there is always a workaround for little things) and so many options and add ons to suit the individual business, many are free.

If pushed I'd say the "Apple" thing, but honestly when your business is booming, the cost of another iPad is not an issue!

Skipper
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.

Kommentare: As a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together. SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2 the time of the actual service call to make sure all the documents were properly completed, sent and billed. Two key features sold us on this: Integration into QuickBooks Online and the ability to create check lists for each job so nothing is forgotten. The bonuses of individual technician scheduling, letting us have the option to still use WAZE for the GPS on the work order, time stamps for travel and on/off the job, text/email ETA from the phone to the customer all makes us look much bigger than we are. We feel like a powerhouse vs the big boys in our industry with this program, and with the cost based off now much we use it vs a block tier system lets us know well before hand what our costs will be each month. We couldn't be happier. Please don't change this formula ServiceM8. It's everything we need.

Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly. Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.

Only nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers. Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email. Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This seems to be hard for the program to do. If we check in on a phone from travel, we must check out on that same phone, we can't check out on the tablet where we ultimately do most of the work with SM8. Sometimes we don't remember to check in and out and do all the work on the tablet and not switch to the phone and we have to redo some work because of it. Instructions. 95% of all your instructions are spot on, but some we had to ask for help even after reading them a few times. Nothing big because customer service was wonderful.

Joanne

Great Service Software

Kommentare: We have been looking for a software that would link to Xero that would help cover our quoting, invoicing and our job bookings. We came across several, but went with Service M8 as it gave us most things that we need and we loved their costing set up.

The cost is per job and not per month/per user. As a small start up company this was a great way to keep our costs low, but still be able to function with several users. I love the custom templates which allows us to create our own paperwork. The form function is a great ad on which allows us to comply with Health and Safety requirements especially when we are dealing with larger companies on a sub-contract basis. The job components such as text message, tracking, photo tags are the things that set us apart from our competition. Our customers think we are wonderful. The new job cost module is a giant improvement and something we like to use.

It doesn't capture costs from supplier bills or purchase order, we have to do this through xero. Also inventory/stock is very basic. I have to do this through another program. Doesn't allow for booking of hours for quotations visit without affecting the job costing.

Paul
Owner/Director in Australien
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Mate

Kommentare: I've been using SM8 for 12 months now and it has escalated our job organisation and customer impression significantly.

Easy to Use. Affordably scalable. Cloud based, mobile and desktop friendly. Networkable. Helps us keep great communication between field workers and customers in a way that puts us in a class above the rest. Live tracking of field workers for both head office and customers. Integrated 'Request a Quote' web button on our site that converts all the web-request form info into a SM8 job in an instant. Support is fast, personal and determined to find or create solutions.

Features I find myself wishing for: customisable fields for added data collection on jobs (e.g. a way of recording and reporting marketing information. We always ask, "Where did you find us?" but there's nowhere in SM* to record that information in a way that I can print a report at the end of each month to show where our advertising is working.)

Mark
Manager in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.

Kommentare: ServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.

The system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.

Can't think of any cons.

Antwort von ServiceM8

Thanks Mark!

Geraint
Proprietor in UK

Awful Customer Service and ethics

Kommentare: Expensive for the instability of the software. Their customer service is pursuant to their financial gain and not of customer satisfaction

Really intuitive and with huge potential

The customer service is awful and misled

Emile
Audit contrôle in Benin
Restaurants, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Impeccable software

it's really fatanstic to use it. it saves me time. Plus it works offline. Has plenty of options that a small business needs

I deplore the fact that this software is not available on android.

Patty
Store manager in Australien
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Swimart Somerton Park

Kommentare: Easy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.

sms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.

not able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.

Gavin
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You run a service business and are not using service M8?? Ask yourself why!

Kommentare: I started running my business with spreadsheets that were time consuming slow and easily corrupted. I hunted for an App to work on my iphone and found service M8. I started using it and was immediately impressed. I had previously worked for a large organisation that implemented a so called "larger and better package" that didn't work half as good as service m8.

ease of use on web page and iOS. quote, convert complete and invoice in the palm of your hand. Reporting details, custom set-up and calander interaction.

Searching within the app for current jobs. It could be the way I'm using it however when I search id like it to order in level of most recent.

Trinidad
CEO in USA

Fantastic invoicing software.

Kommentare: This has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.

Will love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.

Robert
Project and Technical Manager in Australien
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Value

Kommentare: We use ServiceM8 for quoting, job management and scheduling of technicians. When jobs are closed and invoiced in ServiceM8 the invoices are then passed to Xero for processing. The iOS application is very simple to use and we have customised sign in and sign out documentation to make sure steps are not missed and SWMS is covered.

Simple to use and very cost effective.

Occasionally jobs drop out of the schedule for no apparent reason, and a lack of ordering means we have to re-type the parts into Xero for ordering. As some of our projects are large this leaves room to miss items.

Jamie
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Couldn't be without it

Kommentare: ServiceM8 is integral to my 2 businesses, it has organised and streamlined the processes and is so simple to use. Highly recommended.

I like its simplicity and its ability to integrate with other important software like accounting and email marketing etc

I do wish there was a CRM element or the ability to set up integration with one. Setting up our own email instead of the the ServiceM8 generated email has proved to be quite challenging but I still love this software.

Jennifer
Service Manager in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great experience

Kommentare: So nice to use out in the filed from your cell phone or iPad. That has been a real time saver for us. Great scheduling tool and super easy to use.

SM8 is very easy to set up and use. Their customer service is great. They respond quickly. I like that they have resources set up for you to refer to if you have any questions or need a refresher on something. The on-line booking request is a great feature for us. One of my favorite features is the job diary that keeps record of all the emails and text, anything pertaining to that job. This is very helpful in our industry.

It would be very helpful for us if you could export info in to Excel by line item rather than just by the invoice total. We service multiple pieces of equipment at one site. Would like a better way to track those rather than setting each piece of equipment as a site. Also if it would recognize and save email addresses so you didn't have to re-type them in every time. That would be a real time saver. It would be nice if you could customize the software a little more, even if it was for a reasonable fee. Overall I think SM8 has done a great job.

Robert
Sole-Trader in Australien
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software for small trades businesses

Kommentare: ServiceM8 has been an integral part of my small electrical business for quite some time now. It is easy to use, requires minimal staff training, and is very flexible when combined with available add-ins such as Forms. I am a sole trader and sm8 has enabled me to reduce my office time from approx 10hrs per week to 2hrs per week. This has been achieved by invoicing clients directly from on site and using the forms add-in to go 100% paperless (except for incoming invoices etc.) I would recommend any business owner who is not using similar software to give it a go and im sure after the setup phase you will be impressed.

Forms add-on. Ability to access job history from anywhere anytime.

Inability to use purchase orders.

Director in Australien

Easy to use. Provides all the requirements I need to manage my business out in the field.

Easy to use. ServiceM8 has all the functions I require for me to be able to manage my business both in the office and out in the field. It has plenty of great extra add ons which enhance the package and it integrates with my accounting package. Great support also.

I would like to be able to create tasks which group together both labour and multiple items which could be added to job billing.

Craig
Manager / Director in Australien

Affordable, Easy to Use & Full of Features

Kommentare: By far ServiceM8 is the most affordable and easy to use job management software around. Set up was easy and support from the online chat team is helpful when you get stuck or the help section has lots and lots of great information and a good place to start to learn about how to use and set up all the great features available.

We love everything about ServiceM8. It has everything we need to run our business.

The great thing about ServiceM8 they are always improving things with regular updates. So if there is something it can't do or doesn't do right now you can be sure they are working on it for the future.