Über TherapyAppointment

Weitverbreitetes, HIPAA-konformes, auf psychische Gesundheit/Therapie fokussiertes Praxismanagement-EMR erstellt von einem Therapeuten mit Live-Kundenbetreuung.

Erfahre mehr über TherapyAppointment

My only struggles have been around issues with adjusting or deleting scheduled appointments without a cancellation and recreating therapy notes but those can be adjusted by utilizing forms.

Bewertungen zu TherapyAppointment

3,9

TherapyAppointment hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 105 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TherapyAppointment bereits verwendet?

Lynn
Lynn
Spiritual Counselor and Behaviorial Health Therapist in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Created by a therapist, for therapists

Kommentare: I have been using it for seven years and love it. It is essentially seemless; and when a rare snafu comes up, TA notifies us immediately, and usually has the issue fixed within a very short period of time. I have never had an interruption in the overall functioning of the software. It's easy to use and flows easily. My clients love the online scheduling and account access, as well as the ability to input their info online before we meet--saves time in session.

After hours of research and weeks of free trials, I chose TherapyAppointment.com software because it was created by a therapist, and the customer service was fantastic. The new upgrade is coming and I'm looking forward to continuing my practice with it.

The current version, before the upcoming update, has a little more typing, less click-and-go, than some of the other EHR software I tried. That wasn't really an issue for me, but it was a minus for a colleague with whom I shared TherapyAppointment.com.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for being a long-term part of the TherapyAppointment Community and for sharing your experience! We are so grateful for your feedback and kind words, and are glad that you chose use after your thoughtful consideration of the great options out there. We're so happy to hear that our Support has been helpful -- providing the helpful service you need to manage your practice is one of our primary goals. The new upgrade, TA2.0, was designed to be more intuitive and streamline your workflow, and we hope you love it. Please do keep us posted with your experience as you train on TA2.0 in December, and continue to let us know how we can improve! :) Thanks again, The TherapyAppointment Team

Mae
Psychologist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

One month in and I like what it has to offer

Kommentare: As a solo-practitioner with no IT help or experience, it took me a minimal amount of time to adapt to the nuances of this portal. I don't consider myself especially technologically gifted, but I am adept. I do search for answers when I'm stumped and only had to contact their help once. They were helpful. I like it. I'm interested to see where they go in the future. I do hope they keep us solo-practitioners in mind as they grow. We aren't making the big bucks and pricing us out is easy. I do not do insurance billing through the platform. I am a contractor with Sondermind and Headway because I wasted over 30 hours trying to bill a client's insurance on my own. So, I can't speak to that end of the platform. I do take private pay through Therapy Appointment and it works seamlessly once you get it set up.

It's fairly comprehensive. I like most that I can customize forms. I like that it's fairly straightforward and easy to use. I like the calendar sync option, as it keeps my appointment private (i.e., labeled "appointment"), though stays up to date with my google calendar. This option is available in the lowest tier/ solo practitioner plan. Other programs offer this feature only in their premier product, but it's such a basic feature. I like that I can customize what information to see for each client in the portal. I like that there is a client messaging option from within the portal. Client messaging, scheduling, and note-taking are essential for me. I also set up the payment part of the portal, which required a contract with an external company that I'd never heard of. It took roughly 5 days to get it set up, but it has worked seamlessly since.

I do like for clients to self-schedule, but I'd like an opportunity to approve client requests, as I see clients on 3 different platforms, so my schedule changes quickly. It's also annoying that an appointment can't be deleted and the "cancelled" or "rescheduled" appointment shows up in the client's list of appointments. It's visually cluttering. I made a mistake setting up reoccurring appointments for a client and now there are 20 "cancelled" appointments in her file. I have to be careful that I'm selecting the correct appointment to make notes on, or I might accidentally make notes on the "cancelled" appointment. Sometimes, it's just a clerical error and it doesn't need to be in the client's file.

Crystal

Frustrated Long Term Supporter of Therapy Appointment

Kommentare: I have appreciated Customer Service for the most part over the years because they generally have responded quickly and in helpful ways when it comes to the program, itself. However, when it has to do with the upgraded 2.0 system and the problems involved, the Customer Service is poor. I have been on many Facebook threads and I know high numbers of practice owners feel lied to about the launch of 2.0 and it's readiness and capabilities. It's really too bad because I feel Therapy Appointment was a leader in the industry and if they could get the problems figured out could still be a leader. I hope it's not too late.

When I began using Therapy Appointment 8 years ago, I felt it had all the bells and whistles no one else could offer. I really like that it has encrypted messaging. I also like that clients can schedule themselves. The billing has been good, and the reports are great. For the most part, customer service is generally responsive.

I have been waiting two years for the promise of an upgraded system. We are on the old, Legacy system and were supposed to "migrate" to the new 2.0 system right after Thanksgiving, 2019. That was cancelled, due to what I was originally told was an overload due to the holiday. When pressed, I was finally told that there were glitches in the system and migrations would be on old until January. January has come and gone and when I asked Customer Service about an update, they responded with "you'll know when we know". We need to move to the new system for many reasons. The messaging system is difficult to utilize. You can't see when more than one person is added to the message. It is in desperate need of revamping and is archaic. There is no way to send intake forms to clients and there is no e-signature capability. There are many pieces that need upgraded - too many to mention. I contacted customer service by phone several days ago. There was no answer so I left a message asking for a call back to review my options. I have been with Therapy Appointment from virtually the beginning and spend over $8500 per year (not counting credit card fees and clearing house fees). I will update this review if I am given some options that solve the problem of migrating or getting some of the features we so desperately need. Unfortunately, in the meantime are forced to look elsewhere for a different EHR.

Jennifer

Great EHR

Kommentare: My experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps immediately.

I love the process of the software. It follows my own processes so I never forget to do a step. I also appreciate the ease of billing with it.

I wish the reminder system actually told the therapist of a client is confirming, cancelling or rescheduling...rather than just taking off unconfirmed list. I also wish you could build an intake into the system rather than having to cut and paste a word doc into a note.

Misty
Owner/Therapist in USA

Great program

Kommentare: Overall it's been a positive experience. I have thought about trying other similar programs but am not ready for the hassle of migrating to a different software.

I have used the old version and the new 2.0 version of this software for the past few years. The newer version is definitly better than the older version. It's easy to use and figure out.

I don't like that I cannot call customer support and get a live person. I have to wait on someone to call me back. Being in a private practice, I have limited time to make calls so when I call that's the only time I have available. There are other small changes that need to be made to software that I've mentioned to customer support but they haven't been made.

Allison
Director in USA

Terrible EHR - Hidden Fees and charges - Poor Quality and Integrity

Kommentare: It has been terrible. Poor quality false transparency poor cutomer service

I have been overcharged more than double every month with no resolve. I have brought this ti customer service multiple times and they have not addressed the fact that what I am being charged does not even match the amounts listed on the pricing advertised. It is a sham!!! Its not easy to use, looks terrible and unprofessional, and does not have the features that the competing EHR's have that are more expensive. With the overcharges, I would be paying less for more to go to Therapy Notes or Simple Practice. NOT at all worth the price - you dont save anyway because there are hidden fees and charges that they will not correct. Very disappointing in the lack of transparency, quality, and integrity of this EHR.

being overcharged and then them denying it !! that is what bothered me the most. Second is that you cannot customize your notes and No treatment plan? Its also not user friendly at all!!! I had to YouTube and google how to do stuff on this EHR frequently.

Kristina
LCSW in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

By Practitioners, For Practitioners

Kommentare: Overall, TherapyAppointment has been an integral part of starting and maintaining my private practice. The ease with which I am able to access TherapyAppointment across devices helps me manage time and productivity. The comfort in knowing I will receive personalized support allows me to work through issues without stress. The billing process through TherapyAppointment has been one of the most painless processes I've ever encountered while working in mental health. I would highly recommend this program to colleagues in similar practice situations as me.

This program is wonderfully built to support my therapy practice needs. I can easily enter and access client information, upload documents, schedule, check billing and contact customer service. There are multiple helpful videos for initial set up and customer service personally walked me through step-by-step directions when I still did not understand some initial start-up procedures. Adjusting billing documents before submitting helps eliminate returned or rejected claims.

Gwen
Office Manager in USA

What I Love About Therapy Appointment

Kommentare: My experience has been positive. We like the software for all it offers us and how efficient it is.

The accounting, the overall record keeping, the ease of use.

After a year I still do not have invoices with my letterhead and we cannot submit secondary claims electronically. Also, there is no phone app for my therapists.

laura
LCSW, owner in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

They do everything but provide therapy :)

Kommentare: Customer service responds quickly and they're very helpful

Pretty easy to use and user friendly for clients to scheduleOnline forms are convenient

some of the accounting features (posting) are a little complicated

Jolene
Jolene
Owner, Psychotherapist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

One of the best choices I've ever made for my private practice!

Kommentare: Overall, using this system has significantly decreased stress in running my practice! It keeps me organized and on track with billing and scheduling and keeping up with notes. I would never try to go back to the old paper and pencil method of private practice again. My clients are also quite pleased with the features they are able to use.

I'm most impressed with the security and support. Once they shut down to keep hackers out - all of my clients' private information was completely safe so I could relax. The personnel providing support for any concerns are very responsive, friendly and helpful. I increasingly feel more like I'm part of an online family of sorts when using this practice management system.

I really wish clients could complete all paperwork directly online rather than having to do any printing. I wish documents could be attached to the email within the system both from and to me. I also wish documents could be faxed, other than just to referral sources.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Jolene! Thank you so much for being part of the TherapyAppointment Community! We are glad that joining us has been one of the best choices you've made for your practice and are so grateful to have you! With our new upgrade, TA2.0, you'll find that your practice rely's much less on traditional printing and mailing. We'll have esign, PDF submittable forms, and attachments when we launch TA2.0, and will continually work to improve those functions.The fax idea is interesting, and I've submitted this request to our team. Thank you, again, for being part of our community and for your positive words. We love hearing your feedback and hope to continue to help decrease stress in your practice! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

Melissa
LPC in
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I wish I hadn't ended up using this in the long run.

Kommentare: Honestly, I have sincerely avoided writing bad reviews, because I know the effect it can have on a business, and I am a positive person, trying to hang in there. However, I want to save somebody the headache that I am now dealing with. I would love to find a resolution. I have been holding on to the thought that Therapy Appointment will get better or at least make it right, but I'm a therapist. Out of anyone, I should be realistic and convince myself to lose all of my hard work and move on to another system. I am looking now, so if anybody can contact me with suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

At first, there is a slight learning curve. Scheduling and billing was nice. sometimes reminder texts didn't go out. they called it a "glitch" and say that it's a service free of charge and the contract states that they're not responsible if something goes wrong with it. needless to say, many of my clients have come to rely on it, so on those days, I have quite a few no shows.

Have to have a separate clearing house, and they still don't have electronic paperwork. The website goes down almost once a week. I can't see my schedule, can't write notes, can't schedule new clients, my clients can't log on. Their solution has been to refund the few dollars from that day. The loss to my business is nowhere equivalent to what they "make-up" in a measly small refund of a few bucks. I have e-mailed and called on multiple occasions about this, but they have all the control and obviously don't care about losing my business.

Alisa
Therapist/Owner in USA

Therapy Appointment

Therapy Appointment has the best customer support. It's in the top three of any business I've ever worked with. The software seems intuitive and the new user interface has a great new look. It will be great to be able to sync with existing calendar, such as Google. Love that we will have the ability to reserve playroom through the software.

There are a few features that we will no longer have, like the side-by-side view for all clinicians.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Alisa, Thank you so much for being pat of the TherapyAppointment family and thanks for your kind words! We are honored you consider us as one of the best-- we take helping you manage and your practice very seriously. We are glad that you're excited about the new features offered in TA2.0! Even though the launch is swiftly approaching, we are already looking to improvements -- like more customization of the dash. Please do continue to let us know what you need from us so that we may continue to improve! :) Thanks again and best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

LISA
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Follows the work flow of a psychotherapist, saving time and making it easy to complete notes and send claims.

Kommentare: It may not look as pretty as competitors (but an upgrade is in the works), but it is priced for non MD budgets, works consistently effectively and is great value for the time and financial investment required. I love being free of paper.

Easy, cost effective, and clients LOVE the online scheduling, appointment reminders and email bills. It follows work flow so I don't waste time clicking from window to window. Customer service has been quick, responsive and effective every time over the last 5 years.

No to do list on the margin of all screens, would like a list of important history as a margin in patient prog notes, would like to send/receive/autoscore assessment tools, would like printing of notes to be an easier process.

Doug
Site Supervisor in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing ReDesign

The layouts are thoughtful and intuitive, and easy to see the information on the page. It responds quickly, and is a very modern refresh of the old design.

The site still needs to be made more robust in ways to navigate and offer data delivery options.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Doug, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are ecstatic to hear that you love TA2.0 and our extensive update! We've worked hard to make it responsive, intuitive, and modern, and appreciate that our efforts accomplished their goal. We hope you'll continue to share your thoughts and feedback as we roll out the training software and TA2.0. We are honored to have you as part of the TherapyAppointment family. : ) Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

tommy
general manager in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

this is a very limited software in scope, very primitive, short sighted and narrowly focused

Kommentare: this software is archaic and limiited in scope and functionality for a GROUP PRACTICE, (might be acceptable for an individual) but again very narrow in scope and cumbersome for administrative or ownership

color coding of categories, yay! i guess if you are a therapist and not an owner or administrator , this software may suffice..... otherwise, look for more complete detailing abilities.

almost everything. the software could be good for therapists., but for administrative it is cumbersome, the most used data field boxes are extremely small and isolated to corners. the payment / dedcutibe copay , co insurance fields are not workable with a daily viewing and accountabilityl there is a huge lack of functionality for administrators,

Lindsey
LCSW in
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Looking for a new software

Kommentare: My office of colleague are sadly looking elsewhere for our EMR.

user friendly and customer service is very helpful and kind. Love the 24 hour text message reminders to my clients.

The site is "out of service" often and refunds are not offered. I would not be concerned for a refund if this was not a regular occurrence, but unfortunately this is becoming a familiar pattern. My other concern is I have two different office locations and the software does not allow myself or clients to distinguish between the two offices when signing up for sessions.

Lori
Office Manager in USA

brand new therapy office

Kommentare: We love the ease of sending claims in and the automatic updates from ERA's. We love the confirmation texts/calls/emails that are part of the monthly fee (not extra like other EHR software.)
I enjoy the monthly news/updates and ideas to grow our practice.
Overall, very happy to be part of the TA 2.0 family....1 month in and loving it!

Easy to use and navigate. Great training videos and personal training webinars. Quick email responses to any questions I have. Great staff, very knowledgeable and willing to stay with me until the issue is resolved.

Client billing needs to be easier to handle (ie...moving a client payments around or breaking payments into other dates of services) Permissions for office managers need to be broader. As an office manager, I need to be able to do everything a therapists does, except chart access.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Lori! Thanks so much for your review and your positive feedback! You'll be excited to know that we've heard your feedback regarding the billing system, and have worked closely with the Development Team to give it a total upgrade. We'll publish new training docs and videos and you'll have the same access to 1-1 training to learn the billing, should you need it. We can't wait to show you the new billing system and hope it exceeds your expectations!

Christine
Clinical Psychologist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TherapyAppointment is a great tool for psychologists!

Kommentare: A great tool for psychologists and therapists for a one stop shop as far as scheduling, note taking, and billing!

I like the ease of use, the reports, customer service help and the ease of electronic billing as well. I love that it shoots out a reminder of the appointment to my clients. They love that too!

I have had complaints from clients that they do not understand the bills. They are sort of confusing and probably gives more data on them that is needed.

Lauren

Therapy appointment review

Kommentare: Long term user and happy with it.

User friendly. Intuitive. Easy to navigate

No major complaints. I would like more ability to create point and click forms.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Lauren! Thanks for being a long-term member of our community. We are so happy that you find our software user-friendly and intuitive. We are always working on ways to improve, and customizable forms is at the very top of that list! Keep the feedback coming! :) Thanks again, The TherapyAppointment Team

Sherry
Office Manager in
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

When it's up and running, it's good. Not great, but good

The system is good, there are many improvements that need to be done. It's better than doing everything manually.

The amount of time that the system is down, especially lately. You can't even get a hold of anyone, not even to leave a message. No customer service person when the system goes down, they don't answer the phone.

Judith
clinical psychologist in USA

Good value for $$

Kommentare: Overall, pretty good, however the child/parent account issue is going to make me stay, or eventually leave and use another EHR.

The low cost when just starting in private practice, plus the free month to try it out. Also, the webinars on Thursdays have been invaluable, as well as the calls from TA to 'check on how I'm doing' have been helpful.

I REALLY need for TA2.0 to distinguish between the client and the 'responsible party' (aka parent). For those of us who work with children, this is critical. Also, setting up client accounts and generating invoices -vs- receipts is not intuitive. I still need help with this!

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Judith! Thank you for joining our community and thanks for sharing your feedback! We are so glad to know that we've been able to help your practice grow through our webinars, the low cost, and our support team! You'll be happy to know that we've reworked our billing system and are preparing to relaunch it soon -- it's vastly improved, and we hope you'll find it much more intuitive. Thanks also for your feedback regarding designating responsible parties. I'm passing along this feedback to the Dev Team so we can work on it. Judith, it's feedback like yours that help our product improve, so we thank you! And, we hope that the new billing system updates help better serve you! Keep your eyes peeled for an email from us soon to share the updates!

Sola
Office Manager in

Great product

Kommentare: Even though there are a number of redundant features because we are a self-pay private practice and don't work with insurance, it has certainly made our scheduling process easier and more streamlined

Easy to use and quite intuitive. The training is helpful but we have not needed a lot of customer support - even though it is available - because the software is quite user-friendly

I understand the use of various colors to distinguish availability, payment status, etc, but the choice of colors used are not exactly easy on the eyes

Kristie
Associate Director/Therapist in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

TA

Kommentare: It worked well for my practice and I had used it when I was a part of another practice.

It is very easy to implement and use. It is reasonable priced and I could integrate online payments

The company has been telling me they would implement an upgrade for over 2 years. Contacting support can be difficult.

Elana
LCSW in USA

Therapy Appointment 2.0

Therapy appointment 2.0 makes it very easy to create new patients, enter insurance information, and write notes and treatment plans. I love the ability to set a treatment plan update reminder date. I had been using the legacy software at a group practice, and I think the upgrade to 2.0 adds a lot of new features. It's very user friendly.

I have a new private practice, so using EHR software is fairly new to me. I had some difficulties learning how to use the software. I have to spend more time watching the instructional videos.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Elana! First, congrats on your new practice! We're excited for you and are happy to help however we can. And thanks for your review and joining TherapyAppointment 2.0! We're thrilled you've joined our community! We're creating additional training guides that can help you get up to speed even faster. Also, anytime you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support and Billing Teams! Just drop them a note a support@therapyappointment.com and we'll help you accomplish whatever you're working on! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

Gordon
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Highly recommended!

There are numerous features and is very versatile in how you can use it. The appointment reminder, online scheduling and automatic claim filing make the running of my practice seamless and efficient. The tech support is excellent with prompt response time.

I do wish that there was a way to sync the calendar with my Google calendar. HIPAA compliance prevents this.