Über TherapyAppointment

Weitverbreitetes, HIPAA-konformes, auf psychische Gesundheit/Therapie fokussiertes Praxismanagement-EMR erstellt von einem Therapeuten mit Live-Kundenbetreuung.

Erfahre mehr über TherapyAppointment

My only struggles have been around issues with adjusting or deleting scheduled appointments without a cancellation and recreating therapy notes but those can be adjusted by utilizing forms.

Bewertungen zu TherapyAppointment

3,9

TherapyAppointment hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 105 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TherapyAppointment bereits verwendet?

Lynn
Lynn
Spiritual Counselor and Behaviorial Health Therapist in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Created by a therapist, for therapists

Kommentare: I have been using it for seven years and love it. It is essentially seemless; and when a rare snafu comes up, TA notifies us immediately, and usually has the issue fixed within a very short period of time. I have never had an interruption in the overall functioning of the software. It's easy to use and flows easily. My clients love the online scheduling and account access, as well as the ability to input their info online before we meet--saves time in session.

After hours of research and weeks of free trials, I chose TherapyAppointment.com software because it was created by a therapist, and the customer service was fantastic. The new upgrade is coming and I'm looking forward to continuing my practice with it.

The current version, before the upcoming update, has a little more typing, less click-and-go, than some of the other EHR software I tried. That wasn't really an issue for me, but it was a minus for a colleague with whom I shared TherapyAppointment.com.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for being a long-term part of the TherapyAppointment Community and for sharing your experience! We are so grateful for your feedback and kind words, and are glad that you chose use after your thoughtful consideration of the great options out there. We're so happy to hear that our Support has been helpful -- providing the helpful service you need to manage your practice is one of our primary goals. The new upgrade, TA2.0, was designed to be more intuitive and streamline your workflow, and we hope you love it. Please do keep us posted with your experience as you train on TA2.0 in December, and continue to let us know how we can improve! :) Thanks again, The TherapyAppointment Team

Mae
Psychologist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

One month in and I like what it has to offer

Kommentare: As a solo-practitioner with no IT help or experience, it took me a minimal amount of time to adapt to the nuances of this portal. I don't consider myself especially technologically gifted, but I am adept. I do search for answers when I'm stumped and only had to contact their help once. They were helpful. I like it. I'm interested to see where they go in the future. I do hope they keep us solo-practitioners in mind as they grow. We aren't making the big bucks and pricing us out is easy. I do not do insurance billing through the platform. I am a contractor with Sondermind and Headway because I wasted over 30 hours trying to bill a client's insurance on my own. So, I can't speak to that end of the platform. I do take private pay through Therapy Appointment and it works seamlessly once you get it set up.

It's fairly comprehensive. I like most that I can customize forms. I like that it's fairly straightforward and easy to use. I like the calendar sync option, as it keeps my appointment private (i.e., labeled "appointment"), though stays up to date with my google calendar. This option is available in the lowest tier/ solo practitioner plan. Other programs offer this feature only in their premier product, but it's such a basic feature. I like that I can customize what information to see for each client in the portal. I like that there is a client messaging option from within the portal. Client messaging, scheduling, and note-taking are essential for me. I also set up the payment part of the portal, which required a contract with an external company that I'd never heard of. It took roughly 5 days to get it set up, but it has worked seamlessly since.

I do like for clients to self-schedule, but I'd like an opportunity to approve client requests, as I see clients on 3 different platforms, so my schedule changes quickly. It's also annoying that an appointment can't be deleted and the "cancelled" or "rescheduled" appointment shows up in the client's list of appointments. It's visually cluttering. I made a mistake setting up reoccurring appointments for a client and now there are 20 "cancelled" appointments in her file. I have to be careful that I'm selecting the correct appointment to make notes on, or I might accidentally make notes on the "cancelled" appointment. Sometimes, it's just a clerical error and it doesn't need to be in the client's file.

Crystal

Frustrated Long Term Supporter of Therapy Appointment

Kommentare: I have appreciated Customer Service for the most part over the years because they generally have responded quickly and in helpful ways when it comes to the program, itself. However, when it has to do with the upgraded 2.0 system and the problems involved, the Customer Service is poor. I have been on many Facebook threads and I know high numbers of practice owners feel lied to about the launch of 2.0 and it's readiness and capabilities. It's really too bad because I feel Therapy Appointment was a leader in the industry and if they could get the problems figured out could still be a leader. I hope it's not too late.

When I began using Therapy Appointment 8 years ago, I felt it had all the bells and whistles no one else could offer. I really like that it has encrypted messaging. I also like that clients can schedule themselves. The billing has been good, and the reports are great. For the most part, customer service is generally responsive.

I have been waiting two years for the promise of an upgraded system. We are on the old, Legacy system and were supposed to "migrate" to the new 2.0 system right after Thanksgiving, 2019. That was cancelled, due to what I was originally told was an overload due to the holiday. When pressed, I was finally told that there were glitches in the system and migrations would be on old until January. January has come and gone and when I asked Customer Service about an update, they responded with "you'll know when we know". We need to move to the new system for many reasons. The messaging system is difficult to utilize. You can't see when more than one person is added to the message. It is in desperate need of revamping and is archaic. There is no way to send intake forms to clients and there is no e-signature capability. There are many pieces that need upgraded - too many to mention. I contacted customer service by phone several days ago. There was no answer so I left a message asking for a call back to review my options. I have been with Therapy Appointment from virtually the beginning and spend over $8500 per year (not counting credit card fees and clearing house fees). I will update this review if I am given some options that solve the problem of migrating or getting some of the features we so desperately need. Unfortunately, in the meantime are forced to look elsewhere for a different EHR.

Jennifer

Great EHR

Kommentare: My experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps immediately.

I love the process of the software. It follows my own processes so I never forget to do a step. I also appreciate the ease of billing with it.

I wish the reminder system actually told the therapist of a client is confirming, cancelling or rescheduling...rather than just taking off unconfirmed list. I also wish you could build an intake into the system rather than having to cut and paste a word doc into a note.

Misty
Owner/Therapist in USA

Great program

Kommentare: Overall it's been a positive experience. I have thought about trying other similar programs but am not ready for the hassle of migrating to a different software.

I have used the old version and the new 2.0 version of this software for the past few years. The newer version is definitly better than the older version. It's easy to use and figure out.

I don't like that I cannot call customer support and get a live person. I have to wait on someone to call me back. Being in a private practice, I have limited time to make calls so when I call that's the only time I have available. There are other small changes that need to be made to software that I've mentioned to customer support but they haven't been made.

Jolene
Jolene
Owner, Psychotherapist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

One of the best choices I've ever made for my private practice!

Kommentare: Overall, using this system has significantly decreased stress in running my practice! It keeps me organized and on track with billing and scheduling and keeping up with notes. I would never try to go back to the old paper and pencil method of private practice again. My clients are also quite pleased with the features they are able to use.

I'm most impressed with the security and support. Once they shut down to keep hackers out - all of my clients' private information was completely safe so I could relax. The personnel providing support for any concerns are very responsive, friendly and helpful. I increasingly feel more like I'm part of an online family of sorts when using this practice management system.

I really wish clients could complete all paperwork directly online rather than having to do any printing. I wish documents could be attached to the email within the system both from and to me. I also wish documents could be faxed, other than just to referral sources.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Jolene! Thank you so much for being part of the TherapyAppointment Community! We are glad that joining us has been one of the best choices you've made for your practice and are so grateful to have you! With our new upgrade, TA2.0, you'll find that your practice rely's much less on traditional printing and mailing. We'll have esign, PDF submittable forms, and attachments when we launch TA2.0, and will continually work to improve those functions.The fax idea is interesting, and I've submitted this request to our team. Thank you, again, for being part of our community and for your positive words. We love hearing your feedback and hope to continue to help decrease stress in your practice! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave
Psychologist and Owner in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

excellent electronic health care record for therapists.

Kommentare: I have had a wonderful experience with this product and recommend it, so long as you are willing to learn to use the interface.

The software is feature rich and reliable. The price is also very competitive for the rich feature set. It has a patient portal, account aging reports (not all products in this class have this feature), electronic billing, progress notes, appointment reminders, and document storage. It has group practice features.

The interface is very clunky and it is slow to update. The good news is a new version is finally coming by the end of 2018 that will include a modern drag and drop interface.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Dr. Dave, Thank you so much for reviewing TherapyAppointment! We're grateful that you've taken the time to share your experience with our software, and know that you'll love what we have in store for you with TherapyAppointment 2.0! It is certainly much streamlined and will be rapidly updated as new features are added. We'll also have plenty of training opportunities available to make learning a breeze. We're glad you're part of our community!

Jennine
Jennine
Marriage and Family Therapist, Supervisor, and Owner in USA

Great for billing

Kommentare: Overall, I love their support team, billing, and case notes. I love the reports you can run in the program. It is about to be updated, so that improves the look and user capabilities.

I absolutely LOVE the fact that my company can do electronic billing through Therapy Appointment. It automatically updates the client's file, tracks the amount of sessions used, repopulates notes. They also give a discount for multilpe users. It is great!

The issue with Therapy Appointment is that it does not allow multiple therapists to use multiple rooms and locations. I have 2 group practices where some of my clinicians work out of both locations. We have to use one program for scheduling and then Therapy Appointment for our billing. The new change looks great, but it still can't take care of the larger group practices.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Jennine! We are so happy that TherapyAppointment has helped you streamline your practice! Thank you for being part of our family and for your kind words. You're right -- the upcoming TA2.0 upgrade will improve the look and features. One of those upgrades actually addresses your biggest concern -- scheduling. The new calendar features will allow you to better manage your practice, but we are always looking for ways to improve for larger practices. So keep the feedback coming! Our goal is continual growth to better serve your practice. :) Thank you for your feedback and for being part of the TherapyAppointment family! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

JudyAnn
JudyAnn

Effective and conscientious about security.

I like this software because of the security. The billing department has more control over small things. I've worked with it for a couple years and figured out many of the tools. I use the monthly calendar view constantly to present open date/times. The interface isn't going to win any beauty prizes, but it does work very effectively and that is what really matters.

Separate calendars for each therapist require a lot of clicking back and forth. Patients are sorted by surname only. (Work around; present all old patients and do a control F search)

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi JudyAnn, Thanks for your honest feedback! We are so glad to hear that TherapyAppointment has made your billing department's job a little easier and that it gives you more control over the small things that might otherwise fall through the cracks. We know managing a practice isn't easy, and we are happy that we can help! You're right about our user interface, but we're excited for you to take a look at the new software later this year! We think you'll find it clean and modern (and hopefully a candidate for one of those beauty prizes!) Thanks again for your review. Again, we really appreciate your time and feedback.

Using TA Legacy- excellent software for the money

Kommentare: Wonderful! GREAT customer service! Get back to any issues with have promptly and takes suggestions for future improvements!

The ease of connecting with a credit card merchant company to process patient payments and have them directly post to the patients account. Having the connection of insurance company payments flow right into the patients account without manual entry, and that it allows for patients to review and make payment online through their account.

Unable to produce a report that is just patient balances (currently it's any balance that shows up on the report, it might be due from insurance or due from the patient. Our workaround is to print the report, work all the accounts and note them on paper, then process statements just to those accounts where a patient owes a balance.)

Sima
Psychotherapist in USA

Revolutionized My Practice

Kommentare: Therapy Appointment has changed my professional life- the way I leave daily having fully charted, sent out bills as well as been reminded to respond to things important. It seems amazing to me that the staff at TA answers the phone with any question I’ve had- even the owner/ developer answers the tech call sometimes and you feel like you are talking to a friend! I know some of the staff’s names- they remember me- help solve my problems- even help me relax and see they’ve got it- it’s incredible. Therapy Appointment is user friendly and seems so sophisticated in its reminders it’s almost scary accurate - like artificial intelligence. I could not even write all that Therapy Appointment has been a part of revolutionizing my practice- let alone quicker income from efficient submission of claims- I haven’t left my building in months with a mistake or misfiled claim- the software is designed to help you submit without one error! I thank you so much Therapy Appointment! Sima, Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland.

Almost no one forgets or misses their appointments due to very professional non intrusive auto reminders, User friendly, TA error checking for you, reminders for client and therspist( birthday, bills, everything) , ability to send print a receipt in sevinds( it’s something I’ve never had- previous fumbling, searching and after hours find- not here it’s at most in 30 seconds!

I’m wishing for the reminder for a client not seen in a month to be personalized by me( not saying to call office) but staff said they are working on it after my call( and they will)- total trust in Therapy Appointment staff!

Aimee
LPC in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Office Managing Made Easy!!!

Kommentare: I have been with T.A. for several years and have no real complaints. Their customer service is friendly and fast and they are always on top of anything that comes up that may disrupt service. I would recommend them to anyone looking to lighten their load of "office" work.

I have been a user of therapy appointment for years!! I am an individual therapist with no employees and this software does almost everything for me at an incredibly reasonable price! I highly recommend it!

There have been two things that have been difficult - both of which I believe are being taken care of in the upcoming release of 2.0. One is that clients can't reset their passwords without contacting me, and the other is that doing paperwork electronically is not an option.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Aimee, Thanks so much for your review and thank you for being part of the TherapyAppointment community. We're glad you're here! :) TA2.0 is definitely going to help lighten your load -- between e-signatures and the patient portal passwords being more patient-friendly (yes, they can reset it themselves!) alone, we'll take care of more paperwork than ever before. Also new to this platform is the ability to constantly evolve, so as we find new ways to help lighten the load and/or improve our features, you won't have to wait! Thanks again for being part of our community!

Alisa
Therapist/Owner in USA

Therapy Appointment

Therapy Appointment has the best customer support. It's in the top three of any business I've ever worked with. The software seems intuitive and the new user interface has a great new look. It will be great to be able to sync with existing calendar, such as Google. Love that we will have the ability to reserve playroom through the software.

There are a few features that we will no longer have, like the side-by-side view for all clinicians.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Alisa, Thank you so much for being pat of the TherapyAppointment family and thanks for your kind words! We are honored you consider us as one of the best-- we take helping you manage and your practice very seriously. We are glad that you're excited about the new features offered in TA2.0! Even though the launch is swiftly approaching, we are already looking to improvements -- like more customization of the dash. Please do continue to let us know what you need from us so that we may continue to improve! :) Thanks again and best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

Laura
Psychologist in USA

Excellent Electronic medical record and billing software

I like the ease of writing clinical notes, keeping a schedule, and using these to file claims through the system.

It is a little expensive for the solo practitioner. The cost adds to monthly overhead which solo practitioners must keep low. It's efficiency at filing claims does make it worth it.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review, and thanks for being a valued member of the TherapyAppointment community! We are so happy that our software has been a helpful solution to help you grow your solo practice. And we completely understand how tough being a solo practitioner can be -- our founder was one himself! To that end, we've set up a variety of transparent, no-hidden-fees pricing options to help. So whether you're just getting started and see less than 10 clients, or are building your practice and seeing up to 40, we've created plans that can help you grow. And, it's worth noting that all packages include the full version of the software and on-the-phone, person to person support. Our software also includes practice statistics to manage your growing business and billing tools to ensure your focus is on patients, not paperwork. We want to see you succeed, and are here to help! Thanks again for your review! :D

Mary
COO in USA

STAY AWAY from 2.o

Kommentare: Terrible.

Electronic billing and intergration of credit card processing.

The updated 2.0 is a HOT MESS. They migrated us from 1.0 and screwed up our finacials. None of our copays or insurance's information transferred properly. We have not been able to print statements for almost 2 months. I have wasted countless time, money, and frustration on this new system. I will be looking into other programs.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Thank you for your feedback. The issues with the reports are related to your "migration" as a pilot group in the initial phase and not the product itself. In any case, our migration team has been working with you to resolve those. We'll keep you updated.

Marti
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Therapy Appointment has made my professional life so much easier!

I have been using this program for several years now and couldn't be happier. I recommend it to my colleagues regularly. The user interface is simple and a pleasure to use. The monthly flat fee has saved me a bundle in time and money in comparison with hiring a billing person, which I did for many years previous. The customer support, which is not needed very often, is prompt and excellent, whether by phone or by internal message. The continual updates have successfully kept up with the changes in coding with the DSM-V, which is no small feat. As they say themselves - they promise that this program will never be finished. And with continual updates due to professional changes and with improvements and additional functioning they have voluntarily provided, I doubt it will.

Nothing. I couldn't recommend it more highly. As I said, I do recommend it to colleagues regularly. There is no financial incentive for me to do so.

Lori
Office Manager in USA

brand new therapy office

Kommentare: We love the ease of sending claims in and the automatic updates from ERA's. We love the confirmation texts/calls/emails that are part of the monthly fee (not extra like other EHR software.)
I enjoy the monthly news/updates and ideas to grow our practice.
Overall, very happy to be part of the TA 2.0 family....1 month in and loving it!

Easy to use and navigate. Great training videos and personal training webinars. Quick email responses to any questions I have. Great staff, very knowledgeable and willing to stay with me until the issue is resolved.

Client billing needs to be easier to handle (ie...moving a client payments around or breaking payments into other dates of services) Permissions for office managers need to be broader. As an office manager, I need to be able to do everything a therapists does, except chart access.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Lori! Thanks so much for your review and your positive feedback! You'll be excited to know that we've heard your feedback regarding the billing system, and have worked closely with the Development Team to give it a total upgrade. We'll publish new training docs and videos and you'll have the same access to 1-1 training to learn the billing, should you need it. We can't wait to show you the new billing system and hope it exceeds your expectations!

Christine
Clinical Psychologist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TherapyAppointment is a great tool for psychologists!

Kommentare: A great tool for psychologists and therapists for a one stop shop as far as scheduling, note taking, and billing!

I like the ease of use, the reports, customer service help and the ease of electronic billing as well. I love that it shoots out a reminder of the appointment to my clients. They love that too!

I have had complaints from clients that they do not understand the bills. They are sort of confusing and probably gives more data on them that is needed.

Lauren

Therapy appointment review

Kommentare: Long term user and happy with it.

User friendly. Intuitive. Easy to navigate

No major complaints. I would like more ability to create point and click forms.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Lauren! Thanks for being a long-term member of our community. We are so happy that you find our software user-friendly and intuitive. We are always working on ways to improve, and customizable forms is at the very top of that list! Keep the feedback coming! :) Thanks again, The TherapyAppointment Team

Sherry
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

When it's up and running, it's good. Not great, but good

The system is good, there are many improvements that need to be done. It's better than doing everything manually.

The amount of time that the system is down, especially lately. You can't even get a hold of anyone, not even to leave a message. No customer service person when the system goes down, they don't answer the phone.

Judith
clinical psychologist in USA

Good value for $$

Kommentare: Overall, pretty good, however the child/parent account issue is going to make me stay, or eventually leave and use another EHR.

The low cost when just starting in private practice, plus the free month to try it out. Also, the webinars on Thursdays have been invaluable, as well as the calls from TA to 'check on how I'm doing' have been helpful.

I REALLY need for TA2.0 to distinguish between the client and the 'responsible party' (aka parent). For those of us who work with children, this is critical. Also, setting up client accounts and generating invoices -vs- receipts is not intuitive. I still need help with this!

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Judith! Thank you for joining our community and thanks for sharing your feedback! We are so glad to know that we've been able to help your practice grow through our webinars, the low cost, and our support team! You'll be happy to know that we've reworked our billing system and are preparing to relaunch it soon -- it's vastly improved, and we hope you'll find it much more intuitive. Thanks also for your feedback regarding designating responsible parties. I'm passing along this feedback to the Dev Team so we can work on it. Judith, it's feedback like yours that help our product improve, so we thank you! And, we hope that the new billing system updates help better serve you! Keep your eyes peeled for an email from us soon to share the updates!

Sola

Great product

Kommentare: Even though there are a number of redundant features because we are a self-pay private practice and don't work with insurance, it has certainly made our scheduling process easier and more streamlined

Easy to use and quite intuitive. The training is helpful but we have not needed a lot of customer support - even though it is available - because the software is quite user-friendly

I understand the use of various colors to distinguish availability, payment status, etc, but the choice of colors used are not exactly easy on the eyes

Kristie
Associate Director/Therapist in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

TA

Kommentare: It worked well for my practice and I had used it when I was a part of another practice.

It is very easy to implement and use. It is reasonable priced and I could integrate online payments

The company has been telling me they would implement an upgrade for over 2 years. Contacting support can be difficult.

Elana
LCSW in USA

Therapy Appointment 2.0

Therapy appointment 2.0 makes it very easy to create new patients, enter insurance information, and write notes and treatment plans. I love the ability to set a treatment plan update reminder date. I had been using the legacy software at a group practice, and I think the upgrade to 2.0 adds a lot of new features. It's very user friendly.

I have a new private practice, so using EHR software is fairly new to me. I had some difficulties learning how to use the software. I have to spend more time watching the instructional videos.

Antwort von Psych Select Software

Hi Elana! First, congrats on your new practice! We're excited for you and are happy to help however we can. And thanks for your review and joining TherapyAppointment 2.0! We're thrilled you've joined our community! We're creating additional training guides that can help you get up to speed even faster. Also, anytime you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support and Billing Teams! Just drop them a note a support@therapyappointment.com and we'll help you accomplish whatever you're working on! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

Gordon
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Highly recommended!

There are numerous features and is very versatile in how you can use it. The appointment reminder, online scheduling and automatic claim filing make the running of my practice seamless and efficient. The tech support is excellent with prompt response time.

I do wish that there was a way to sync the calendar with my Google calendar. HIPAA compliance prevents this.