Über Minitab

Analysiere deine Daten und verbessere deine Produkte und Dienstleistungen mit der weltweit führenden Statistiksoftware zur Qualitätsverbesserung.

Erfahre mehr über Minitab

Minitab has made it so easy to analyze the data. It was one of the first statistics software that I had used and found its features and interface so user friendly.

That was crucial feature for educational purposes. There is no way to properly organize my output project to be presented to course instructor.

Bewertungen zu Minitab

Minitab hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 309 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Minitab bereits verwendet?

Norbert
Head of Operations in Deutschland
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Nach Update funktionieren die alten Projekte nicht mehr

Kommentare: Bietet die meisten Standardfunktionen eines Versuchsplanugs- und Statistikpaketes, von daher ok.
Nach dem letzten Versionsupdate sind die alten Projekte und Auswertungen nicht mehr nutzbar --> K.O für Minitab, wir suchen nach Alternativen

Versuchsplanung und Auswertungen ok für ein Statistikpaket

Nach dem letzten Versionsupdate sind die alten Projekte und Auswertungen nicht mehr nutzbar; Lizenzaktualisierung umständlich und wenig benutzerfreundlich

Kawsar
Kawsar
Research Assistant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very easy statsitics softwares

Kommentare: Very good software and very worth of money. Highly reccomend it.

Most of the statistics software is burdened with instructions and how to use each tool. But Minitab 19 will get rid of that issue. You just need the software and the name of each tool. Virtually you will be able to do all analyses. No expertise is necessary to use the software. Just a basic knowledge of statistics is sufficient.

I do not see any drawback. Is supperior one compared to the similar software. It would be convnient if can be used online.

Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Minitab for Process/Product Improvement

Kommentare: Minitab is a statistical software useful for presentation and evaluation of acquired data. It guarantees that the data for analysis is reliable and accurately calculated because it is computer-based. The controls for graphs and charts, fundamental statistics, and analysis of variance are some of the most useful components of this software for me.In my college years, Excel is what I used to display the statistical graphics for our presentations, but after learning how to use Minitab while working in the field, I find it to be more practical since regressions, standard deviation, or any other statistical data don't need to be manually computed.The graph and chart controls and analysis of variance are two features I use frequently in this software. By combining these two, we can easily identify the outlier or significant defect that adds to our process' manufacturing loss. The assistance of statistics, hypothesis testing, and statistical display provided by this application considerably enhances our process and final product. Additionally, the company practices Lean Six Sigma, which mandates the use of Minitab to represent statistical data for simple analysis and interpretation in order to reduce errors and defects.

1.Provides statistics automatically2.ANOVA, descriptive analysis, measurement system analysis, and other improved statistical analysis tools are included.3.Accurate Data Importing4.With Statistical Data Inference

1.The range of statistical analyses is not comparable to SPSS and SAS.2.The user interface of this software can be a little bit difficult if you are unfamiliar with statistical techniques.3.Less frequently used for numerical and mathematical analysis

Matthias
Product Manager in Schweiz
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Licence is a joke

1,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: MT is not complying with the earlier licences given as (for them) they have been too cheap, not they changed the behaviour and just cancel licences (so as they just delete username and passwords for their system)

good software, but impossible business model

My life time licence has been cancelled and renewal is refused, not improvement the product since release 19 but excessive yearly fees

Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software for data visualization in scientific research work

Kommentare: Great tool for statistical analysis, prediction, plotting of data and easy to learn to use. Lots of tutorials are available to use this software effectively.

For my research work, I have to analyze the data and visualize the results to showcase my research outcome. I always prefer to use software like Minitab for easily showing the output of experiment. It has enriched library and you can plot anything from your available data.

Minitab is a lightweight software but sometimes you may face difficulty to handle large size data to plot. It got fridge sometimes to work with huge database of millions of information.

Siew Kheong
Siew Kheong
Senior Supplier Quality Engnieer in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the statistical analysis software that I used every week

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Minitab is very positive. It helps me to perform my job more efficiently as data driven conclusion or reports are very well accepted by many people especially management.

I like Minitab for its easy navigation and the layout or its dashboard information. Analysis reports are being summarized very neat and helping users to understand what the data is telling easily.

Online licensing is the least that I like about this software. Currently I am using online license which means I have to be online to use Minitab which is very inconvenient for me.

Forschung, Selbstständig

Suitable software for engineers

Kommentare: I have enjoy using this software for planing several optimal design and also regression modeling. I appreciate providing the predicted R-Square as an useful option in the output of regression analysis.

There are many statistical software in the market but Minitab is specially designed for engineers. It has a very advanced capability in design and analysis of experiment.

The design of this software user interface is so classic. So, maybe using another framework for making the user interface more attractive is needed.

Taniushka
Quality engineering in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best program for charts and analysis

Easy to apply formulas and analysis, very user friendly. Charts very easy to read.

Haven't found anything bad yet. This program is awesome.

Hayley
Student in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic functionality with a steep learning curve

Kommentare: Overall positive. Despite needing time to learn it, it was still faster than alternatives to get the data gathered and into a presentable format.

The amount you can do with the program cannot be understated, it makes data crunching so much easier. If you need to analyze and present data, I haven't found a better program.

Despite the upside, a lot of the functionality needs to be taught to you by a peer or by a tutorial. The interworkings were not that clear to me at first.

Halbleiter, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best user friendly statistical software out there

Kommentare: Overall, cannot complain too much about the application. Despite a few items I do not like personally, it's still the best stat software out there.

Minitab is the easiest to learn and has a very good online documentation. It's super useful for my 6-sigma course. Has a one-click distribution analysis that helps deciding what capability study one should use.

I do not like how data panel and the visualization panel are arranged. If there's any visual, it takes a good chink of the screen and hides most of the data.

Antwort von Minitab

vor 4 Monaten

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We’re glad to know that you had a positive experience with us. Your feedback motivates us to keep raising the bar and sets the standard for excellence in everything we do. Your input is important to us, and we’re committed to making any necessary improvements. If you have any suggestions to enhance your experience, please share them at techsupport@minitab.com. Sincerely, Minitab

jeramie
Quality Manager in USA
Maschinerie, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

There is a big difference between Minitab and other spreadsheet programs

Kommentare: It's a big jump for most people to go from Excell style spreadsheets over to Minitab. Both programs are needed and I often uses them in conjunction with one another. They fill different roles. I usually manipulate my data in Excel, copy it into Minitab, perform stats analysis, then copy data and results back over to Excel. Minitab does things that you simply cannot do with other programs. It is a statistics powerhouse!

the built-in analysis tools. The fact that you don't need to be a stats wizard to be able to create powerful analysis. The way you could take data and put it in graphical form. the help screens and tutorial modules are very helpful.

it takes a little bit to learn how to use the different features. There is a lot here and you first need to learn how to drive this powerful machine. It is not Excel and doesn't have the same formula logic and cell manipulation features.

Mohammed Laid
Doctor / Freelancer in Algerien
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for the Design of Expirements (DoE) and Optimizing Processes

Kommentare: I have used Minitab for more than 04 years in my researches to optimize many processes using Design of Experiments (DoE) and different designs such as Factorial Designs Central Composite Designs box-Behnken designs. I believe that Minitab is the one of easiest and effective tools for researchers and engineers for data analysis and processes optimization.

I believe that the one of most significant advantages of Minitab is its user-friendly interface, which allowed me to master using the software in a very short period without the need for previous knowledge in programming. It makes reporting and analysis much easier and generates ready-to-use and formatted tables and graphs that can be directly copied and pasted in your report or scientific articles. Or can be exported in a word file or many other formats as a full report. It also supports importing data and exporting reports in a wide range of different types and formats which allows the flexibility of viewing these results by other software.

What I like least about this software is the response optimizer tool, it enables only to maximize or minimize or find a target solution, but sometimes we need to find a solution within a specific range. I highly recommend that they add “In the rang … to … “ along with “Maximize/ Minimize / Target”

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Minitab is the best statistical analysis tool

Kommentare: Overall, i love to use it for my research works. It helps me to prepare research reports and forecasting the outcome of research works.

It's a good tool for researcher like me to visualize research Results. It has lots of options to plot the information easily. Good user interface and easy to use.

Sometimes it fridges due to large data in data set. It slows down the performance while processing large information.

Joshua
Equipment Engineer in USA

This is an excellent product for statistical-based analysis.

What I like most about this product is all of the functionalities available for performing statistical analysis on both real-world data and theoretical studies. The built-in functions and graphs are absolutely excellent and save a lot of time by automatically doing computations on data sets that would otherwise require additional software for computation. It is very easy to input the data and then have so many different options for essentially "auto-analyzing" the data through the large variety of statistic tools made available with this program. I am yet to hear of another program geared to this level with statistical analysis tools.

What I like least about this software is the way that some of the graphs are generated. Sometimes graphs with many data points may come out very messy and crowded and I feel that steps could be taken to improve the aesthetics of such graphs as essentially the point of graphs is to allow the reader to have a good visual with the behavior of the data or whatever it might be which is being presented on the graph. As such, I feel that better aesthetics are critical for communicating this information.

Komala Raj
Regional Manager in Sri Lanka
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Comfortable if you have knowledge in the field.

Kommentare: Minitab is helping me to analyze my customer details specifically on each categories.
Name, district, etc.

Whatever the data, we can easily manage it and get the statical analyze through this minitab software.

If the project is closed, some time its confusing which is saved, Weather the project or worksheet on the default name. Its occurs only the system power goes unexpectedly.

Ana Carolina
Research Assistant in USA
Chemikalien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best statistic tool

Kommentare: Really good software to be used as a student or as a professional. It helps you to analyze your data and interpret them leading you to the right decision-makers.

This software is really easy to use and gives you enough information about your input data to help you make the right decisions. I used this tool during my undergraduate course and didn't stop since then. You have many analytical options in the same tool and can even make graphs using the software, that can be used in presentations. Everything can be done using the tool and if you don't know how to use any analytical tool, it is easy to find explanation about it.

Sometimes when you are working in an analysis that has a lot of data the software closes and you lose all your work. Would be nice if the software automatically saves progressive work, so if something like this happens, you won't lose your work.

Medizinische Geräte, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great for data analysis as a student and in the working world

Kommentare: Overall, this is great for data analysis as a student and alright in industry. I have not come across anything in industry that I couldn't do on Excel, but I prefer Minitab since I have been using it for longer.

I have been using this software since back in my college days, and it was a serious competitor to Excel. Obviously both have their perks and benefits, but I find Minitab to be better most of the time. There are a lot of tutorials in case one isn't familiar with it, which is great for first learning the software or improving over time.

I have had a hard time in the past importing data, and have had issues getting plots that I need. There should be a wider variety of models. Some graphs, especially ones with lots of data, can be difficult to read. I have experienced this across most data software I use, but it is still a con.

Riley
Industrial Engineering Manager in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A Powerful Tool

Kommentare: Overall, anyone who is employed performing statistical analysis on data sets should be familiar with Minitab. This is tool that holds the basis for all commonly applied statistical analysis techniques.

Minitab 19 is a major leap from previous versions. This tool has significantly improved the usability of more complex statistical analysis functions by improving the in-process teaching of correct application as well as background selection based off of data types. From simple to complex, Minitab is a powerful tool to gain accurate and rapid stochastic interpretation of your data.

Minitab is still stuck on this tabular Excel-type format. They need a UI overhaul of the data input screen vs the data analysis screen and should treat the two separately. The analysis tool is undersold in the current format.

Pawel
Plastic Molding Project Manager in Polen
Medizinische Geräte, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Minitab for six sigma

Kommentare: I'm using minitab for virtual DOE in six sigma projects and also in improve phase in optimalization

The most I like in the Minitab software is the assistant and a lot of blog and help files. I use it for six sigma projects including DMAIC or DFSS.

In old revision help files were difficult

Nanditha
Clinical Research Scientist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

MiniTab is good

Kommentare: I used MiniTab for statistical analysis of my experiments during my MS and PhD. It was very easy to use and got my job done!

MiniTab 19 is very easy to use and does not require an experienced user (unlike JMP and SAS). As a first time user, I found it very helpful in doing all the statistical analyses that I needed.

Although it is really really easy to use, it is not as extensive as JMP and SAS. Once I was adept with MiniTab, I found that JMP and SAS offered more options like design of experiments, not available in MiniTab

Credit Officer in Kenia
Bankwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

What a wonderful data analytical tool

With the tool you are able to handle any statistical assignment from data entry to data analysis to data visualision. Its easy to use and does not need an expert handle any assignment.

The tool is exeptional and gives the value for money.

Biswajit
CAE in Indien
Automotive, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Minitab for optimization and regression

Kommentare: I love this product when it come to optimization of data.

It takes less space and doesn't slow down the pc.

The data that are needed needs to be imported sometimes it takes data not in a proper way, so it requires correction.

Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I do statistical analysis for many of my projects, Minitab is essential for this analysis.

Kommentare: Not only can I run any statistical analysis that I may need, I can also learn about ones I did not previously know. And with an easy Microsoft Excel import function you can run regressions on any data sent your way.

Any kind of statistical analysis you need done you can find with Minitab. While in many other programs it takes careful wording of equations and an innate knowledge of statistics Minitab lays it out in a very clear manner. Whether you want to run an ANOVA, a Chi-squared test, make a histogram, or run a multiple regression model Minitab offers all of this and more. Furthermore, I have spent a good amount of time going through Minitab's tutorials and those are worth their weight in gold. If you ever worry that you forgot everything from your college statistics course: don't. This program will teach you everything you need to know.

It could be better at offering ways to print your projects, it can look jumbled if you do not set it up carefully.

Zainab
Tutor in UK
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Really easy for Dissertation projects

Kommentare: Overall, Minitab has been perfect to use for my dissertation projects and excellent to use for editing figures and descriptive stats

Statistical analysis on minitab is extremely straightforward due to the full guide provided online. Learnt mosy of my stats from here and used it during the last 2 years of my university degree.

Minitab can have AI implemented into it, just to enhance the level of analysis which may be missed from data collection. However, absolutely excellent to use.

Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

review Minitab

It is a really good software to do some statistical and exploratory data analysis for beginners. It get the basic job done like creating a normal distribution, box plots and also finding the P values.

It does not have a lot of features like the new softwares in the market today like R, Python etc. It should get a revamp to stay in this market.