InSite Elevation Pro Erfahrungen

Über InSite Elevation Pro

Berechne Auf- und Abtragsmassen, Abraumbeseitigungen, Schichtmengen, Pflastermaterialien, die erneute Verteilung des Oberbodens, Längen, Grabenaushub und Hinterfüllung.

Erfahre mehr über InSite Elevation Pro

The integration of this software was quick and easy. Our estimator was able to quickly deploy this software and begin to do estimates with it.

The modeling feature of this software can be difficult to use correctly.

Bewertungen zu InSite Elevation Pro

4,9

InSite Elevation Pro hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 171 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du InSite Elevation Pro bereits verwendet?

Jewell
Jewell

Really innovative software

Honestly the tech support, because I call them allll the time and they are always superr helpful. I recently needed to better understand phasing and it was beating me. I used their training manual their online video and still I could not figure out to seperate out my phases they sent me a video walk through step my step to exactly the info I needed free of charge, they never charge for training or IT Support.

the selecter tool icon the cross and window crossing it could be simpler

letztes Jahr

Jewell, thank you for the nice review. Lesson 21 does a good job at explaining the selection tools, and the video is best. Look at the Lesson 21 video, starting at the 3:21 mark.

Dakota
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A fast, accurate, and easy to use earthwork takeoff software.

Kommentare: InSite helps my company have speedy estimates of earthwork quantities that we can trust. The various options for customizing how to use and calculate the earthwork, means that our reports can be designed for each project's requirements, and tailored to the Project manager who will be working on it. InSite has drastically helped Gregory Construction's earthwork process

InSite Elevation is quick and easy to use. In a matter of minutes after getting the plans for a project, I can have the files imported, scaled, and (for multiple pages) aligned. Elevation also can read layer data for CAD files, drastically reducing the time it takes to set up topography surfaces in the program. Also, using the 3D visualizer to see what the surface looks like means that any mistakes in my contours are easy to see and correct. Usually I can have earthwork reports complete on the same day as the plans get to me.

I would like a way to export the surface data that InSite generates to a format that can be used for our intelligent machinery (TN3, TIN, etc.). I'd also like to be able to model a structure being placed under the ground that would subtract from the fill value. When Exporting the Takeoff image with layers on, It would be helpful to have a legend option to display as well (I know that most information is shown as a label on the image, but it's hard to see at a glance). I would also like to be able to repeat layers in the soil boring logs.

letztes Jahr

Dakota, Thank you for the review. We are glad to have you as a customer and your words are great to share with our hard-working team.

Cole

Production Efficiency

Kommentare: InSite SiteWork allowed us to speed up the take off process and simultaneously expand the use of machine control equipment. Additionally, the used of the modeling function post bid reduced the amount of time spent in the field with layout, staking and establishing grade stakes.

Speed of take-off when using vector PDF, quick 3D production to check for errors, improved reporting, ability to export to machine control model,

Lack independent function to align sheets, spot elevation input glitch after moving image, lack of ability to select and edit pipe input

Antwort von InSite Software

Cole, thank you for the review. We have recently overhauled the entire PDF alignment functionality to make it easier. Look for a roll out later his year. We will reach out to you for clarification about the other issues.

Sam
Senior Estimator in USA

Cedar Lane InSite Takeoff

Kommentare: I like the program a lot. I wasn't sure how it could be better than the original program, but somehow they did it. It's much faster and easier to use.

I love the ease of use. The controls are very user friendly. The program is excellent at snapping to lines for grades, stripping and subgrades, making the takeoff fast, easy and accurate. I love that you can adjust the point spacing to make thing run smoother and faster as well.

I miss the fact that it doesn't have the utility feature anymore. It was nice to have everything in one package.

vor 4 Monaten

Sam, thank you for the great review. You hit on the reason we started over with Elevation Pro even though SiteWork was very productive. Faster and Easier always means more production and that is why we exist. Of course Validation is critical in communicating results to your team and partners. As for utility takeoff, we are using the same mindset to develop the industries most productive solution using the excellent building blocks in the Elevation Pro platform. Keep an eye here for details. https://insitesoftware.com/page/utility-takeoff/

Jeff
Principal in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

30+ year heavy civil contractor turned freelance takeoff guy.

Kommentare: Overall I am very satisfied with the software and what I am able to do with it. I was able to pick up and start performing takeoffs after a few hours of self teaching and the one on one training.

I will have to say that one of the best features of this product is the support staff!The software does what it is supposed to with some limitations but overall delivers great information. It offers great features such as the dynamic site balancer and being able to export that data layer out to a CAD file. The KMZ feature is really nice especially with hand held technology now days. The old ways was walking around in the woods with a roll of plans and a compass trying to figure out where you were on the project site.

It would be nice to develop a custom data base library of subgrades that could be accessed instead of having to rebuild them on each project. If there was a way to remove CAD file layers from the file to reduce the file size once it is imported into the software. If the active pdf export could be scaled so that it can be printed off on 24x36 and be to scale. Currently it is set to a 200x200. This creates a very large data file. If there is a better way to phase a project other than saving as a new then the transfer of proposed to existing layers. If the training manual and videos show more in depth details of possible shortcuts or what to do if this happens scenarios.

letztes Jahr

Thanks, Jeff, for the review. We appreciate the kind words. If you reach out to the support team, they will send you an easy solution to get scaled prints. Also, we just expanded the user manual to show more phased projects. It will be shipping soon with the next update, so when the blue upgrade button shows up, be sure to update.

Brendan
Modeler in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

InSite for GPS modeling

Kommentare: InSite has been in the business a long time, but Elevation Pro itself is only a few years old because of a ground-up rewrite. I like their proactive business model and the ability to call and talk to people by name, but as a smaller company they are not going to have all the features that every company will need for takeoff or modeling. I would encourage those who need to use different software now to check back on InSite yearly because they are actively improving and expanding their product.

This is fairly intuitive and easy to use takeoff software. It is simple and focused, and does not bog the user down with dozens of rarely or never used modules or commands, which is fantastic for new users. The learning curve is very short compared to other software. Their approach to stacking layers is a time saver. Having matched cursors on all screens at once is a fantastic tool and the 3D views are extremely useful and draw quickly. The ability to export to landXML or .dwg enables me to use InSite for GPS modeling as well The technical and customer service is very personal and responsive. They are US-based and located in the same building as the software development team. The software is also updated frequently, they are actively working on new features and bug fixes; most of the items I've mentioned to them for improvement over the past months were already on their radar and a number have already been fixed in subsequent updates.

As a relatively new piece of software, Elevation Pro is still in the young adult stage and is missing a few useful features. The core functionality is solid, but some peripheral items are still lacking. Examples are a lack of robust zoom controls, live updating of the 3D view, the ability to trace just part of a vector (partial line-tracking), and automated software updates. A number of those, I'm given to understand, will be addressed soon in a 64bit release.

Antwort von InSite Software

Brendan, thank you for the review. It's refreshing to have someone identify one of our core development objectives and that was ease of use. After 27 years with our previous generation product InSite SiteWork, we decided the best approach to meet the production, accuracy and validation goals was to start over. Key on the list was ease of use and ability to combine multiple documents. We looked at all our competitors' offerings and what they did or didn't do well and what we wanted to keep from SiteWork and Elevation Pro is the result. We have a robust development team and log user suggestions, industry trends and our own teams' ideas which is what gives you that blue update button. Again, we appreciate your business.

Keegan

Review

Kommentare: Overall this is great for a beginner in takeoffs and just learning. This software can get you your earthwork calculations but if you are a bigger sitework company its not suitable imo. I got this to avoid getting agtek but the features just aren't strong enough for what we want it to do. agtek is probably what we will be switching over to next year so we can utilize all of those features and services. I have also communicated with a customer service guy who told me that i was wrong when I said red always indicates cut and green should always indicate fill. The color shading is backwards. I asked for him to look into the ability to change that and he basically blew me off when the owners of my company directly asked me to come to you with that question.

Very easy to use and has a lot of features. Its as simple as you could hope for but accurate in quantifications.

They don't provide a cut/fill map only elevations. So, you won't be able to see your cut/fill when looking at the model. There is no integration to cell phones or the ability to perform takeoffs for roads from cross sections. There is no way to overlay in google earth such as agtek does. you should have a point and hot key for cutting or inserting a point in a polyline.

Antwort von InSite Software

Keegan, we appreciate your review. Export to .KMZ was released with version 2022.2 and makes export to Google Earth easy. Make sure you have updated to the latest version. Instructions are in Lesson 27 in both the user manual and video. Once you have exported to a .KMZ, anyone on your team with a smartphone/tablet can walk the site and see running cut and fill or any other data. As to the cut and Fill colors. The 3-D you are looking at indicates Elevation, not Cut and Fill. Use the Cut and Fill Contours (Lesson 3.08) which indicate cut in red and fill in blue. Make sure you adjust the interval. The default is 1, but often production planning will benefit from a lesser number (.5, .2,.1, etc.) so adjust as necessary. This overlays the cut and fill in plan view directly on the PDF/CAD file. Keep clicking the blue button as features are released. If you have any suggestions for new features, please send them to support. We are listening and intend to keep your business.

Bryan

Timesaver

Kommentare: Overall I really like the program. I would recommend it to anyone

This program has saved me a ton of time. The accuracy and the speed of the software is a real help. I am the owner\estimator and do the work in the field so finding a program that saves time is a game changer. The 3d model it provides helps with my crew to visualize the project and the customers like to see that as well.

When there is a list of drawings to choose from on the left hand side to import, the program doesn't scroll smoothly through them. Its hard to search for the drawing you want. If you see 5 drawings on the left, you have to click on the bottom one, and then it will let you see the one underneath of that.

Antwort von InSite Software

Bryan, thank you for your review.

Maurice
Project Manager in Kanada

Long Time User

Kommentare: We can prepare estimates quicker and make changes to bids if there are addendums to tender.

The paperless takeoffs have really decreased the time required to prepare a takeoff. Secondly I like the continuous improvement that Insite puts back into the product.

The arrangement of files and naming process was my least favorite part but I see that is now changing as well.

Antwort von InSite Software

Maurice, thank you for your nice review. Stay tuned, there are big changes coming to file management!

Great Solution!

Kommentare: Wonderful! Great product with wonderful support!

Very easy to implement and the staff is great to help learn and onboard. They are always there to help in case I run in to issues. The level of detail and reporting from the program is amazing and helps tremendously!

Nothing to list! Works Great as promised!

Antwort von InSite Software

Michael, I like reading reviews like yours, as we are a team that works hard on development, training and customer service. It's always nice to hear it!

James
Estimator / Project Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Software at a great price

Kommentare: Insite is an easy to use software that continues to improve and serves our company well. Each year it improves making take-off more accurate and less time consuming.

The software is simple to navigate. Intuitive controls are easy to use. Alignment of plans and CAD are simple to input and adjust. Reporting is well laid out and allows for simple navigation to needed data. The importing of Topographical data is very useful and simple. The learning curve was steep, but once the issues were ironed out, importing topo's from field data has been extremely helpful.

The functionality of line work is difficult. Once a layer is entered, it can't be adjusted. It has to be deleted and re-traced. This is for both grades, subgrades and line work. It is difficult to take an image of a take-off that is clear. We like to send our subgrade colored take off to our clients. There is no good way to take the image out of Insite without it being pixelated. The ability to export reports to Excel might be a useful option. Especially for companies that have proprietary calculations that they perform after a take off.

Antwort von InSite Software

James, thank you for the positive review. If you are running V19 or newer, export to Excel is described in Lesson 14. One tip we have is to select RAW in the options setting during export. It won't bring any formatting to the values, which is appropriate for most situations. You can also drag along cells to cut and paste.

Assistant Project Manager/ Estimator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Must-Use Software!

Kommentare: I have had the pleasure of using InSite Elevation Pro and talking with the customer service/ support whenever I have questions about the software. Their support is unlike any other company I have contacted as they are highly trained and experts on their software. I am always able to find a solution within minutes of contacting them. It speaks volumes and shows a company cares about its users when it has a good customer service team.

The thing that I enjoy the most about InSite Elevation Pro is that it is a constantly evolving software, with new updates rolling out consistently through the year. The node snapping is super useful and saves so much time when tracing gradelines, subgrades, and strip areas.

The only feature that I feel could be improved is with the subgrades and stripping. If a higher tier subgrade/ strip area overlaps a lower tier subgrade/ strip area, there should not be a blending of the two colors, as it makes it a little confusing. Instead, the higher tier should override like it did in the previous versions.

letztes Jahr

John, thank you for the great review. Our support team is usually on the end of "I have a problem" call/email and these reviews are great to show them, so they know how much they are appreciated. As for the shading of Subgrades and Stripping. The Takeoff window gives you the true look at what the stacking is doing, just like before. We have heard your comment before, and we have a significant improvement coming. Keep loading the updates!

Justin
VP of Operations in USA

Insite Sitework makes digitizing easy

Kommentare: Whenever I have an issue (which doesn't happen often) it is resolved very quickly, customer service for this product is outstanding. The results are very accurate and it has improved our bidding practices.

Extremely user friendly. Easily taught to new estimators as well.

Entering pipe and structures is too time consuming for the information that you get out of it.

Antwort von InSite Software

Justin, Thank you for the nice review. We would like to speak with you about how we can make the Utility features work for you.

Bill
Takeoff in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

Great Civil take off tool

Kommentare: I have been using Insite software for about 7 or so years. I originally was trained with a competitors software and wanted to move to on screen takeoffs to help with efficiency and handle a heavy work load. This software and the tools within have really come to help understand some projects and what was really involved to get the work done. This is a great tool for small to large projects, one phase or many. The strata cut information and ability to adjust the expansion/compaction of different soil classifications is very useful to help keep the estimate realistic. I have found the Insite team to be very helpful over the years with whatever support item I may have had.

I have enjoyed using this software for years. It is fairly intuitive and designed to keep you working efficiently. The 3D live feature is a great help when inputting data points and topography. This feature helps with helping to confirm design from the drawings to help sort out pre-construction issues. The strata information really helps to understand the materials that will be cut during the project, assuming there is a soils report.

Not much that I don't like. There are a few commands that are used in competitive software that a similar feature would be nice.

Antwort von InSite Software

Bill: Thank you for your review. We are constantly updating the software. Please contact us about any suggestions you may have. Many of our best features come from customers suggestions.

Rosendo

Cannot Live without Elevation PRO

Kommentare: Botttom Line: I keep coming back to elevation. I have done Estimating for 3 different companies and now my own. and through out each I keep saying: "I NEED ELEVATION PRO" I have not found a better program yet!

Ease of use, User interface, and customer service. Unlike other software I am not bombarded with 200 buttons and a figure it out yourself interface right when I load the screen.

The only con I have ever had on this product throughout my time using it is the difficulty doing all the same take off and modeling, etc from a non vector PDF file. (Scanned in paper plans) but I also understand why this can be hard to code into the program

Antwort von InSite Software

Rosendo, thank you for the review. You are correct, scanned PDFs (non-vector) are very frustrating. All the intelligence of the original vector data has been replaced with an image made up of rows and columns of pixels. Zooming up on these type of file in Adobe Acrobat will yield a stair step rendering on diagonal lines. Take-off time is increased, and accuracy is decreased with these types of files. If a scanned file is the only source, it still beats doing by hand or with a digitizer system. A quick call to the GC or Engineer asking for the original file will often yield a vector file and you will get all your speed and accuracy back. We appreciate your business!

Antonino
Vice President in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

For beginners and advanced users

Kommentare: Easy to use and highly detailed. Get it if you're a mid size or smaller excavator. Best bang for your buck!

Ease of use. Dedicated training after purchase. Customization for your particular strata in your area. Customer support KNOWS their dirt. Always willing to help you out. Plenty of classes to help with advanced concepts Compared to Tekla or others this does the same and is much more cost friendly.

Not all CAD files work but can usually be fixed by the engineer. Still waiting for the update, UI is a bit dated. But they are fixing it.

Antwort von InSite Software

Antonio, thank you for the review. We have a great mix of customers who are site people that learn computers and computer people that learn site development. When InSite Elevation is released later this year your CAD issues will be mostly eliminated. I'm sure there is some crazy combo we haven't seen yet, but we've tested most!

Efrain

I like it!

Kommentare: It changed all my way to do estimates. I hope the development team continues improving the software.

I like the way the software gives the information, and the reports, because of the list of materials. Digitizing is quite easy with this software, a small child can do it.

Many times the addition of new planes makes the software a little slow, making the typing equally slow.

letztes Jahr

Efrain, Thank you for the nice review. If loading plans is slowing things down, make sure you have enough ram on your machine. Also, please read the information listed on our website under FAQS/system requirements, especially the part about file storage, Finally, always look for the blue update icon! We are constantly improving the software.

Tyler

Tyler Pongonis - Dorsey Excavating, Inc Review

Kommentare: This software is perfect for earthwork takeoffs. We love the software and have truly enjoyed using it!

The ease of use is what I enjoy most with this software. Also, the availability of support and the support videos included are very helpful!

Seems like I typically have issues when uploading PDFs into the software. They will appear and then disappear when I am trying to switch pages.

letztes Jahr

Thank you, Tyler, for your review. Please call/email our tech dept about your PDF problem. InSite Elevation Pro's ability to open Mutiple PDF pages simultaneously means you need a well configured PC configured correctly. Our team can make recommendations to solve this problem.

Victor
PM in USA

Inste Software

Kommentare: Pretty awesome I love it

Really easy to work with it has good support and CAD files are awesome.

Is till can implement some commands to be more effective

Antwort von InSite Software

Victor, Thank you for the review. We are constantly updating the software. If there are any features you wish to see, please contact us. We also provide live free training weekly (Click Help/Training). We appreciate your business.

Tony
Sr. Estimator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Happy with InSite

Kommentare: I did not realize how powerful of a tool it really is until we dug deep into the system

It was fairly easy for our more IS Savy employees to integrate InSite with our other systems. It now appears we can eliminate some other programs and integrate them with ainSite. The more we learn the happier we are.

For the most part there are only small functions we would like to see added to InSite but we are discussing these with our interest IT/IS committee and will work with InSite to see if they are feasible to integrate.

Antwort von InSite Software

Thank you for the Review. If you have suggestions for new/improved features, please call us. While we like to think our job is to come up with great ideas, sometimes our customers suggestions are eye opening!

Alex
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product from a Great company

Kommentare: My experience with Elevation has been great!

The best part about Elevation is the consistency and the ease of use. The program is also a time saver!

I have very few complaints about Elevation. Slope to daylight is one, however they may have rolled that out already. There are also some very small use items, but I love that the company is always working on issues!

letztes Jahr

Alex, thank you for the great review. Also, good news, we rolled out Slope to Daylight a bit ago. It's a significantly better version than what we had in SiteWork and makes retaining wall and foundation staging and other layback scenarios really easy. Next time you are running Elevation Pro, take the time to click the update button and you'll have it. The instructions on using it are in Lesson 21. Intersect, Offset, Multi-Select, but it's so easy to use you can probably just figure it out.

Bill
Lead Estimator in USA

My InSite

I used PayDirt from 1989 till I got InSite - I like the on screen Take off the best amd being able to use 3 Screens at the same time

I would like to see a few tweeks on the Subgrade Entering - In certain instances i still have to do a donut

Antwort von InSite Software

Bill, Thank you for the nice review. We can't think of a situation where a "donut" (former Paydirt people know what we are talking about ) is required. We will reach out for clarification and see what we can do to help.

Joshua
President in USA

Takeoffs

When I started using this software I had never used a takeoff software before and was not very good on a computer! But this software was easy to figure out and the customer service is second to none, over the years I have had questions on how to do something and they have always been there to help no matter when or what time it was. I got to meet a few of the people that works there a few years back at con expo in Vegas and they we all very nice and knew who I was just from talking tome on the phone, they are always adding new features and evolving. Great product and company, keep up the good work guys.

I don't have anything bad to say about this software.

Antwort von InSite Software

Josh, thank you for your review and enthusiasm. One of the great benefits of shows like ConExpo is to put faces with names!

Blake
Vice President in USA
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Been a loyal customer for a long time

Kommentare: It gets me the dirt number and thats what I need.

Its simple to learn to use and set up but that is not the selling point. I have been up agaisnt bid deadlines when I messed up big time ( more than once). Call support and they answer and will get you going. All the time. Sunday night doesnt phase them. Cant say enough about their support

I used the old program for a lot of years and then they had the gall to change it. They made it better but I did have to ge used to the new interface.

letztes Jahr

Blake, we love this review, because it made us laugh. "Had the gall to change it!" As you know, we ran into limitations to our ability to improve our old program, so we started over. It's been a lot of work, but we haven't lost sight of what our customers need. Keep clicking the blue update button, we aren't close to all the things planned in Elevation Pro.

Andrew
Project Manager in USA
Tiefbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Insite Software Review Atlantic Civil LLC

Kommentare: my experience has been great. we tested other programs before going with INSITE. it is easily the best choice for the value you will spend. Customer service is top notch.

There isn't much to dislike about this software. It is extremely user friendly if you have an understanding of earthwork and utilities.

Fill material is a little difficult to decipher. If we are allowed to add a percentage for expansion and compaction on the other line items for the report. we should be able to do it with that as well.

Antwort von InSite Software

Andrew, thank you for the review. Your suggestion has been sent to our development team.