Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Tonya M.
MLS Administrator
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.

Vorteile: Ease of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.

Nachteile: Not being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers.
Also, and maybe this is something I should do, but I have agents contacting me all the time needing me to reset their module. When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it. A brief "How to use Mindflash" tutorial autoplayed when they first login, with a link to play it again would be helpful, especially for those who are technologically challenged. Also if the house at the top left were bigger that would help too.

Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer

Bewertet am 17.2.2018
Ron H.
Dir Channel Support Programs
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Even with the cons, I’d rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we’ve looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We’ve not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I’d recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.

Vorteile: Before I review this product, it’s important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We’re currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don’t think many of these items I’m about to mention will change for us. I’ll mention it where it matters.
Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It’s a snap to bring up a trainee dashboard. Just add a little custom text, upload a graphic, and your good to go. The testing features are very good; true/false, multiple choice, multiple correct, label picture areas, label matching, and ordering of steps. The testing features will be even better in the new release. You can easily upload most content types and rearrange the sequence as needed. You can record audio right in the platform. There is reasonable Salesforce integration capability so, invitations and basic reporting can be done right in Salesforce. Administrators can easily flip back and forth between the admin and trainee views. The platform supports courses, series, and catalogs. There is a good set of options when building filters for viewing users or content. You can easily copy and modify course profiles and content. The in-platform reporting in our version of the LMS is abysmal. However, from what I’ve seen in the new version, reporting has some very big improvements.

Nachteile: Mindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we’re missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can’t modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We can’t remove the large Mindflash logo from the emails. We can’t customize the certificates for completion of courses and the quality of the existing certificate options is poor. If you need to automate the reminder emails, there is only three interval options, three days, seven days, and fourteen days (you pick one). While it’s easy to launch a trainee dashboard, the layout is not what I’d call a rich UI experience. It’s basic. The mobile options are limited. This is an app for tablets but nothing for phones. You can’t provide a fully public link to a course. The trainee must set up an account to view the content. If you use the public course feature, the system will not synchronize with the Salesforce objects for that trainee. To force the synchronization, you must send an invite to the trainee from Salesforce after they have already started or taken the course, which can cause confusion.

Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business

Bewertet am 21.7.2016
John M.
Marketing Specialist
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.

Vorteile: I like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.

Nachteile: Salesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.

Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems

Bewertet am 23.6.2016
Grant H.
Technical Trainer
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great. Thanks
Grant

Vorteile: ease of use

Nachteile: PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

Great tool for Operations

Bewertet am 15.7.2019
Matt C.
VP Training
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Vorteile: This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Nachteile: It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

Mindflash Feedback 2017

Bewertet am 24.1.2017
Karen G.
Training Coordinator
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Vorteile: Competency questions and the answer review.
Trainees can view the correct answers.
The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Nachteile: I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved.
Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

Easy to use for both admins and users

Bewertet am 14.2.2017
Matt G.
Training Director
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Vorteile: Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Nachteile: Nothing glaring

Perfect for compliance

Bewertet am 6.7.2011
Dan B.
National Operations manager

Kommentare: Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Vorteile: This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Nachteile: There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

Extremely Helpful

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Derek B.
Health and Safety Manager
Forschung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Nachteile: Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.

Easy to use training platform

Bewertet am 19.1.2017
Stephanie G.
Program Consultation Director
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Vorteile: Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Nachteile: Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

Great Software for Training

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Cameron J.
Senior Operations Manager
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Vorteile: The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Nachteile: Limit of users

One word - wow!

Bewertet am 18.7.2016
Michelle W.
Director of Knowledge Solutions
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.

Vorteile: Ease of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.

Nachteile: Re-certification is still missing.

Mindflash fits our needs for issuing and tracking training within the organization.

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Connie Q.
QA/RA Analyst

Vorteile: Accessible on the cloud on both computer and mobile device.
Easy to set up new users.
Cost effective for small organizations like ours.
Ability to maintain training results and obtain certificates for records for auditing.
Accepts all file types that we use - PDF, PPT, DOC, etc.

Nachteile: Not the most intuitive the first time around creating a course or inviting new trainees.
Too many email notifications.
Some functions are still very manual, including reporting.

Reaching out to staff across two continents

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Rob K.
Learning & Development Manager
Gewerbeimmobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.

Vorteile: The ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.

Nachteile: Nothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.

Easy to use LMS

Bewertet am 26.12.2017
Human Resources Business Partner
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Nachteile: It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

A Good Training Platform

Bewertet am 16.12.2016
Nathan H.
Director of Operations
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's all about the videos. Mindflash is a really good way to train your company if you can't have regular in person meetings. It saves a lot of time onboarding employees since you can just have them watch videos you previously recorded.

Vorteile: The ability to record and store training sessions, and to organize them in a course. It makes it really useful and very good for training purposes.

Nachteile: You can't delete users, you just have to archive them. The UI is a little messy. You can only have 1 admin.

Good and Getting Better

Bewertet am 2.3.2015
Randall P.
Business Consultant

Kommentare: Mindflash is a very effective course delivery tool. We use it mainly to train customers how to use our software. It delivers content in an effective manner, and is easy for end users to navigate. Creating a course is very straightforward and many different types of media can be incorporated into the course design. There are quiz and survey creation and delivery tools, which are useful however require more development to make them truly efficient to use. Although Mindflash excels in course delivery it has several significant limitations when it comes to user management. Although there is fairly good course-to-student relationship management laid out, the student-to-course relationship is very poor at this point and needs significant work. There is no effective way to manage one student and all of their courses at this time. I understand that Mindflash is undertaking a significant overhaul of the software to address the user management issues. I have found their development team to be very open to new ideas and very receptive to customer feedback. I anticipate that the user management side of things will be much better in the near feature. Overall I find this product very useful and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based training system.

Review of Mindflash

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Greg F.
Managing Partner
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Training can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.

Vorteile: Mindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.

Nachteile: Nothing really, it works well and good value for money.

Mindflash is very versatile

Bewertet am 11.7.2017
Mike D.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Vorteile: Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Nachteile: No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

Mindflash is an great system. It has allowed us to improve our training program.

Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Steve D.
Professional Development Coordinator
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is user-friendly. We can easily create training that is geared to our own needs. We can update or correct the training as needed. Our staff find the trainings easy to use.

Easy to use, but won't take you far

Bewertet am 9.6.2017
Rimoun O.
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.

Excellent to work with - easy , flexible and acheiving professional learning outcomes

Bewertet am 1.7.2015
David H.
Manager - Organisation Development

Kommentare: Many choices to achieve learning outcomes from people with various learning and computer skills.
Easy to set out a course that meets the learning outcomes.
Easy to make changes - view etc. before activating course - also making changes after the course has been activated.
A variety of media to choose from - Audio, You tube, still photos and video (can be taken from camera, tablet or phone)
A course can be developed off-line before uploading into an online course.
Excellent reporting options - either course or trainee
Tracking trainee participation is easy and time efficient.
Distributing the selected course is quick and easy.
The overall management of each course is easy
The communication between trainer and trainee is quick and effective.
Customising each course is quick and easy - easy to follow videos to assist the trainer when starting up
Genuine support from the staff at Mindflash. Response time is very good (depending on time difference from where the trainer is located)
I rate this on-line training as excellent - our staff are also very confident using it. I have used others and Mindflash is a long way out in front.

Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game.

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Nicole C.
Training Coordinator
Philanthropie, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.

Nachteile: There were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.

Very user friendly...just open it up and go!

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Dennis S.
Corporate Trainer of Compliance
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Attendance of new material delivery and testing for understanding it can now be done online. Being a department of one, it is a huge time saver. Tracking users' activity takes me minutes now instead of hours. We have a lot of annual requirements I need to track and report back to the government and this is allowing me much more time to work on material and not have to monitor end users.

Vorteile: The ease of entering material into it. The quizzes are easy to create and there is a large variety to select. Adding additional material to a course is sooo easy! Maintaining users is simple. It won't let you make a mistake.

Nachteile: No spell check in quizzes. Can't make edits to a particular slide in a course, but edits are made externally and easily replaced in Mindflash.

What an excellent solution for training for our staff.

Bewertet am 21.6.2016
Roman B.
Director of Special Projects
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We implemented a series of training for our HIV/AIDS case managers, about 130 folks, and have standardized training and are able to track it all so smoothly. All the hiccups we had were user errors and we were able to resolve those quickly.

Vorteile: Saves tons of money by not having to have so many in person training sessions.
Navigation and set up could not be easier.
Very flexible.
The youtube videos and support are great.

Nachteile: Takes a while for non tech savvy folks to get the hang of.