Finally getting away from PDFs

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Project Manager - Business Intelligence and Campaigns
Philanthropie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The best part of about Workday Performance Management is the ability to get away from manual processes. Previously at our company, we had to write our self-evaluations in a PDF document that was submitted to our managers. Then the manager could choose to write something completely different or utilize what was already written by the employee. Ultimately, the manual process left out information. With Workday Performance Management, everything is included. The self-evaluation is maintained within the performance review, as is the manager's review. That way anyone can compare and contrast what the manager had to say vs. what the employee had to say about themselves. All of this can be custom created per company so that an organization can keep whatever fields work best for them. It also can maintain goals, as well as milestones throughout the course of the year so that employees aren't just touching their reviews once a year, but actually working on them throughout the entire year. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all that I have accomplished at the end of the year, unless I have written it down in a Word doc. But now you can add things to your review as it happens and then do one final edit at the end of the year.

Nachteile: The biggest con for me is the lack of stating what can be improved. This could be a customized field that my organization failed to incorporate. If that's true, then maybe the improvement could come from WorkDay itself on best practices. But every employee wants to shine a light on all the good they did throughout the course of the year. It is just as important for each employee to shine a light on the things they could do better, or improve upon for the next year. Another con for our organization was the length of time it took to implement WorkDay within our systems. It was far from an easy task that took thousands of man-hours to implement. However, now that it is implemented and people are using it, it seems to have been worth the effort.

‘A platform for employees to speak-up’

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Managing Director
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: comparatively, ‘workday’ is an efficient, effective and affordable system for an above average organization.

Vorteile: Many companies lose their talented employees due to failures by the top management to recognize the contributions made by certain employees for the growth of the organization, which goes unnoticed by the hierarchy which creates a negative opinion towards the management by those employees. HCM tool makes a positive impact as a go-between the employee and management and WORKDAY has made substantial developments with this regard. ‘Workday’ HCM has given the employees all the freedom to put on record their contributions/ achievements, goals, training requirements, etc which has almost totally brought to halt human ignorance/negligence of appraisers during evaluations and give due recognition to each employee according to the employee value to the company. ‘Workday’ has many features that help both the management and employees to know each other better and make justifiable decisions. With an advanced HCM such as ‘workday’, it is not only the HR head, but the whole top management is aware of the positives and negatives of the members of the organization which strengthens the transparency of the decision makers. With ‘workday’, the management doesn’t need to wait till the due period for performance appraisals, but identify ‘real-time’ the value of certain talents and apply sensible decisions to recognize such employees. ‘workday’ comes with an attractive UI which is a pleasing plus point. Additionally, it supports multiple devices which are useful on the go.

Nachteile: so many beneficial features are incorporated in the system that it takes a fairly big effort to familiarize. As this is a HR centered software with access to each member, we find difficulties in getting the full potential due to cultural diversities by way of language barriers (non-English speakers).

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

Bewertet am 3.8.2017
Ben J.
Developer
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

Vorteile: -Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use.
-Lots of options for integration with third parties
-Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS).
-Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

Nachteile: -Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted
-The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at all on the site.
-Certain functionality and community information is only provided to "Workday Implementation partners" which makes it nearly impossible to implement in-house without paying to outsource some of the work to a workday partner.
-Workday doesn't seem to have been built with performance in mind. Even with server side paging, reports and integrations are very slow.
-Lots of "hidden features." This would normally be a bonus but more advanced tasks require the user to know exactly what to search for from the application's search feature. Most of the functionality of workday is hidden in search results and isn't intuitively exposed in the UI.

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Bewertet am 3.6.2019
Ryan D.
(Former) Head of Comp Team
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: 1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc.
2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc.
3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Nachteile: 1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools.
2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity.
3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

Workday makes it very easy to choose which benefits work best for your family and your needs.

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Jennifer A.
Property Manager
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I feel like worday is a great program to use. Especially if you have a large business and you want to deliver a wealth of information to all of your employees at their convenience vs. a time you want to select. The platform can also allow for users to access it from their own home PC's so they can truly do what they need to on their own time. As an employee, I felt like that was a great feature.

Vorteile: I used workday benefits for over 7 years with a property management company that I worked for. Each year we would log into workday to view the current benefits available and choose which benefits worked best for our needs and our families, if any. IT was super easy to use. They would show you on workday side by side what benefits provided which coverages, and at what costs. You could even use a comparison to see which benefits were going to work best. It also showed all the different types of benefits the company offered such as medical, dental, 401k, LTD, STD, vision and what not. It was very clear what you were selecting and you had to double and triple confirm which benefits you selected. Also, once open enrollment was closed, there was a way, where if you had a qualifying life event, you could change your benefits. It was a very easy, straight forward program for us to use.

Nachteile: Sometimes while using the software, it would "hiccup" when switching between coverages and I would have to re log in and get to where I was. It was truly a mild issue which wasn't frustrating. This also my have had a LOT to do with the internet I was using and not the actual program itself...

Powerful Interface Human Resources System

Bewertet am 21.10.2018
Human Resources Specialist
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Workday Recruiting has taken our HR needs to the next level. Where can you you find a software that has the combination not just for your HR needs but for finance and planning as well. Each time I have board meetings at the bank, I feel secured that I can extract all the information I need from this software. It didn’t just keep my work organized, but also gave me the ability to track data ranging from time sheets to expenses which is what I basically needed. I’m so glad we invested in this software which has lightened my workload in half.

Nachteile: My only pet peeve with this software is when you encounter an error while posting a job opening, you’ll need to redo the whole thing again. Unless I am missing something, there is no option to resubmit, but it makes you start the entire process all over again.

I use workday as a end user

Bewertet am 5.8.2018
Software Development Analyst
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it is awesome.

Vorteile: I use workday as a end user in my orgination.In workday what i like most is helps to maintain transparency between management and lower employee.In workday any employee can see full hierarchy of his/her organization so their is no hide and seek between management and employee.Employee can see his all year performance,his role in organization detail ,his profile,training,skill everything in one single place.and for company also it is easy to track each single employee detail like performance,skills,work history.

Nachteile: I dont find any thing which I dont like in workday as it make transparency in organization so I will suggest to organization to use workday so it increase employee's trust on organization which is very necessary for any organization.

Easy access for all

Bewertet am 23.3.2019
Lexie K.
Student Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There couldn't be any easier to use software for the simple task of keeping track of honest work hours in the workplace. It's one more thing to help take stress off your mind and be able to focus on your actual work you came in for.

Vorteile: As an employee to clock in and out, you really are just looking for ease of access. That is what Workday provided for us. Simple access and capabilities on our phone or desktop and easy to check and approve time cards to keep track of work hours. Easy to see reminders when you forgot to clock in or out and easy to fix when the mistake is made.

Nachteile: In my time using it, nothing has ever gone wrong or confused me to the point where it wasn't an easy fix. For my job and the purpose we needed from Workday, there was never a con to using it.

Very good timesheet system

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Vera B.

Kommentare: Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

Vorteile: I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

Nachteile: The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

Great tool

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
GBS Data Strategist
Automotive, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: its great experience so far, once you get the idea of the google like experience when using the tool its super simple to use. its a game changer in our organization in the most positive way

Vorteile: workday platform overall its one of the best tools available in the market these days, it allows you to configure your environment in the tool to adapt it to your business needs, what I like the most is the capabilities to filter information from candidates and allows you to create a pool of candidates that can be slice and diced according to your needs in your organization, the reporting modules are self service oriented, so you can easily create your reports and kpi to track the effectiveness of your recruiters, there is no single piece of data that this tool is not tracking about your candidates, if you feed it properly and configure it according to your needs it will help you and increase your productivity amazingly.

Nachteile: Workday costs are high, is not suitable for a small company, the cloud technology they offer os great but it comes with a cost.

Wonderful. This software is an industry-leading powerhouse!

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Jacob M.
Manufacturing Engineer
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to get into contact with my managers in seconds with this software. Also, I am able to finally put away my tacky spreadsheet and download this software for a smoother payroll experience. I am able to not worry about my Payroll anymore!

Vorteile: I do not think there is a better payroll software out there. Workday Payroll software allows users of all levels of business to submit time sheets in a matter of seconds. No more physical punch cards or tacky spreadsheets. I love the fact that I can have this software as an application on my phone! I can literally correct mistakes, find manager information, or contact Workday Payroll right from my phone!

Nachteile: I wish that when submitting my time sheet, the software would send a notification straight to said manager instead of via email. Often I am left having to track down my manager and notify him or her of my current situation with my time sheet.

Excellent product to use for HCM, if the appropriate support model is in place for your organization.

Bewertet am 5.3.2017
Kerry G.
Workday
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inadequate training, lack of internal SME resources, and an absence of a true guided vision/direction by leadership will result in an expensive and poorly received system. As such, an organization will be reliant on implementation partners or independents as consultants, supporting or re-implementing a failed system, which will be even more expensive.

Vorteile: Workday is leading edge technology and highly configurable.The UI is best in class. Integrations with most 3rd party systems are easy to configure and the delivered packaged integrations are superb.

Nachteile: An organization needs to ensure proper internal support for the system to function smoothly. Training and user adoption/communication is also key for acceptance. An organization must have the SME talent in-house to be successful.

Workday Payroll

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Phlebotomist/ lab tech
Medizinische Praxis, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can access everything job related in one place. I use it everyday and I never have to ask anyone for help, because it's so easy to navigate.

Vorteile: All of the links are big clean icons which are organized in a way that makes it super easy to find what your looking for. We keep a lot of information in this software, so I can go back and see my hiring interview and resume that I used to apply for my job. I can also find my paychecks and w2s. I can choose how and when I get paid; for instance I can choose how often I want a percentage of one of my checks to go to another bank account. I like being able to do this stuff myself instead of calling around to find the right department and bug them to do it for me.

Nachteile: For some reason we don't use it as our time clock, I don't know if that's an option for anyone, but it feels like it would be a better fit than the time clock system we currently use. Plus, with all of my other job information already there, it seems like it would be a natural fit.

Workday for working people

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Jacob S.
Owner - Co-Founder
Eventservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best service out there. Would recommend.

Vorteile: There is an ease of use for total HR solution. Payroll management, time registry, Health and dental and overall benefit elections for insurance, chain of command. The software has it all in one place. The benefits portion allows direct selection of medical, dental, eye, and life insurance. Great selection overall.

Nachteile: Sometimes it feels like a one way in and one way out method can be confusing to navigate within. It is hard to know if entry’s are accurate. Overall the system includes everything’s from questions with written entry options to multiple choice bubble selections and all of the positives outweigh the quirks.

My Workday

Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Cynthia R.
Customer Service Representative
Informationsdienst, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Use it in business

Vorteile: Workday is one of the few software products that I use everyday and have no issues with or complaints. It is a good software that does what it says and your expectations are met. My company uses Workday Payroll to manage and track payroll for employees. It is accurate, functional and the interface is easy to use. The overall look is clean and easy to read and understand and yet it has a complexity that enables a wealth of data to be entered.

Nachteile: No cons for this product. Perhaps the only critique I could give as a con is the integration with ADP could be a bit easier. I tend to click on several links to get into the payroll system which is a little annoying when it opens three more windows and I already have eight or nine opened. However that is minor in comparison to the benefits.

Workday is the perfect platform for our organization.

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Andrew Z.
Content Development
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: An excellent platform for tracking employees and developing a globally manageable company structure.

Vorteile: The reports we need to run and easy and quick, and the supported hierarchies allow for easy tracking and global workforce management. Our key LMS and CRM softwares integrate flawlessly, allowing for pinpoint reporting and actual time data capture. The graphics and user experience are excellent.

Nachteile: It can be slow and difficult when accessing from phones/tablets. Our field service techs and sales reps often report issues when working abroad. This may have more to do with their connection/service issues, however it is still a headache I thought worth mentioning.

Half-Baked Cake

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Recruitment Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Vorteile: The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Nachteile: The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

Workday Software allows our IT department to focus less attention on maintaining rudimentary systems while saving our team time and cost

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales

Kommentare: Workday provides our team with an invaluable tool for planning and coordinating our HR and finance departments. This coordination is not limited to budget forecasts or to further analytical use cases such as invoicing and procurement.

Vorteile: Workday's feature set specification is deep and thorough . The "cloud connect" option affords third party payroll communication as well as data
transaction in an effective format. Workday reconciles finance records and interactions. This is an automated feature which simultaneously
benefits our HR and IT departments through reducing the amount of work hours consumed during assessment and certification processes.

Nachteile: We did notice certain use case scenarios not captured in the software relative to our case management expectation. We suspect this is a application maturity
issue and this will be resolved by Workday''s team in short order. We would like a more navigable user interface via their associated mobile app version.

All in one software for your HR and scheduling needs

Bewertet am 24.12.2018
Leo M.
Customer Service Representative
Unternehmensberatung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall quality of this software is awesome. The downside is the scheduled maintenance can somewhat go for an hour or even a whole day.

Vorteile: I have been in two companies and have been using this software for 6 years now. It is very easy to use and since it's web based, I can access it even out of the office. Scheduling discrepancies can be easily detected and fixed in a timely manner. Requests can be easily made with just once click of a button. Support is also good. Errors and bugs can be easily fixed in no time.

Nachteile: Scheduled maintenance can somehow be a nuisances especially when you have to change something on your schedule.

Workday Time Off Review

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Erin E.
Human Resources Generalist II
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like how Workday has the capability to host multiple types of business processes under the same system - from payroll, HCM, time off, leaves, and performance (just to name a few), it's great to have everything under the same "roof" - rather than testing so many different types of integrations. Happy customer!

Vorteile: The Time Off functionality is so customizable! With over 17,000 pre-made calculations set up, and the ability to create your own (if needed), whatever you are trying to set up in the system, there's a high likelihood you'll be able to do it. From the training provided, it's recommended to set up different Time Off Plans for any time off type you have, this means more maintenance, but more flexibility within the system. As a general recommendation with Workday, get familiar with the vocab/wording they use to describe the system - it really helps understand the software.

Nachteile: Being fairly new to the software, the fact that it is so customizable is very overwhelming at first. I recommend going slow, and reaching out to customer service support, or Workday Community, whenever you run into a snag or question - there are a lot of resources available, and whatever your holdup is, there's a good chance someone has going through something similar and can help you through it too.

Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind

Bewertet am 21.6.2017
Kay C.
Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition
Öl & Energie, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Vorteile: Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive
Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Nachteile: Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step
Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval
Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters).
Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it)
Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws.
There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market.
You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it.
Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

Everything at one Place

Bewertet am 5.8.2018
Technical Support
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: After my company switched to this tool it has been a positive experience since then.
Pros:-
1. UI - the user inteface is awesome and elegant
2. Ease of use - It is extremely self explainatory. it has been very smartly differenciated into categories
3. all the details can be easily accessed and manupulated
4. Ease of editing information from phones as well
5. Availability of fetching custom reports
6. Can search for anyone in the organisation for their details and understand the hierachy of the company
7. Goals are easily commentable for managers
8. Lot of training can be included under learning

Nachteile: Cons:-
Though workday has a very simple user interface some options are very difficult to find
1. Hard to edit data, difficult find the edit address and other data option, could be made little easier
2. Confusing sometimes which option is under which category if there could be a little summary under the categories on the home page that would help.
3. Less training avalable on workday
4. If anything need to be changed needs and approval from HR deparment or managers

Great all-in-one HR tool

Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Early Career Program - Marketing Specialist
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: - Very clean and easy to navigate UI, there are topics depending on what information you might be looking for
- Easy to log and track hours worked and view paychecks
- Easy to track and request time off
- Can review company org structure easily
- Can easily view information on your pay, time with the company, bonus information, and tax info.

Nachteile: Even though the UI is clean, there's some instances where I'll be trying to find a certain page, form, or piece of information and it isn't in an intuitive spot so you can waste alot of time trying to find one thing. I also dislike how sometimes when I submit a form and realize I made an error I can't go back and edit it.

All Work Performance Information in One Place

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Investment Analyst - Strategic Research & Initiatives
Finanzdienstleistungen

Kommentare: Awesome all-in-one HCM tool for large companies.

Vorteile: Hands down the most clean and friendly UI. It's so easy to find what you're looking for because Workday has each category listed on the first screen, and from there is super easy to navigate to the topic you need to know about. I like how it's an all in one place for anything I need information on: time off, compensation, goal setting, and org. structure, to name a few. I have used this software at several jobs before and it's just so easy to pick up on.

Nachteile: I personally haven't had any issues for the couple years I've been a user of this software. I'd highly recommend it to a larger company looking for a HCM system.

not familiar with the costs or competing services but this application was a pleasure to use

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Socrates M.
Account Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whenever the software wasn't working, I'd reach out to the company IT dept and they'd contact workday to resolve tech issues so I am not 100% sure how their customer support is but the software itself is great when it's working properly.

Vorteile: It has a very clean interface. Structured very well and has components for all sorts of HR needs, from viewing pay stubs, to leaving end of year reviews for managers to read over. Benefits like health and dental were available on this and easy to access as well, which is nice as an employee because it saves you the trouble of having to ask around for it. Getting your end-of-year tax forms from it was also easy, as everything is very organized.

Nachteile: When the software would act up, it wasn't easy to get a quick fix. Also, when leaving a review or some sort of task for upper management, the process in which you'd have to follow wasn't easy to follow. The save tab on pages wouldn't respond at times, which would prevent you from progressing on these work tasks when they're presented by management.