Über FlexSim

FlexSim ist ein leistungsfähiges Werkzeug zum Modellieren, Analysieren, Visualisieren und Optimieren von Prozessen – von der Herstellung bis hin zu Lieferketten.

Erfahre mehr über FlexSim

Igor S.
Assistant Professor
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 20.6.2019

"Great looking and advanced simulations"

Kommentare: I am a teacher in university. I had never worked with simulation software before, so it was my first software of such type. FlexSim is just a whole universe, with it's own logic and rules. If you want to do BIG things with it - you have to understand all of these rules, accept them and change your own thinking to follow that rules (to think like FlexSim would think). I am a very advanced user of Excel, and Excel is a large universe as well. But now I am wondering which of them is bigger.

Vorteile: Great visualization makes it very pleasant to start learning;
Lots of built-in features, Data import-export;
Different modes (3D, ProcessFlow), where you can work simultaneously or independently;
Strong statistics (distributions), that can be integrated on the models, collecting and presenting data;
Anything you lack regarding the model or actor logic can be added as code snippets;
Really basic models can be made in minutes

Nachteile: It becomes difficult to learn it when you go in deep. The really basic actions are easy and intuitive, like for kids. But when you get to something just little more complex - it requires a lot of additional knowledge.
Little community tutorials. There are not many community samples and tutorials on youtube or in the web. Most of them are over basic functions - you probably will need to enroll a training.

von FlexSim an 25.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Dr. Sheludko! We're pleased to hear that you've enjoyed FlexSim's wide range of features and capabilities. It's true that complex systems can be challenging to model in any simulation analysis platform -- we try to make it as simply as we can, and welcome any additional feedback you have in helping us reach this goal.

Kavan L.
Engineer
Lebensmittelproduktion, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.6.2019

"FlexSim is a Great Tool"

Kommentare: At the moment I use FlexSim to simulation the possibilities within a given confined space. I build models to represent a few different scenarios and demonstrate them to the team, so that leadership can make a decision on particular go/no-go criteria for a project. I use FlexSim to demonstrate possibilities that people in the viewing group might not have even considered, and generate new conversations regarding what's possible and which direction to go.

Vorteile: What I like most about FlexSim is the software's ease of use. I did trials on several other simulation software and FlexSim came out on top for me. It was intuitive and just simply made sense when building models. After the initial training I built a simulation model to represent one of our biggest production plants. Having that 3D visual was key in explaining processes to the rest of the team, and I could make real time changes in the model to work through those "what if" scenarios. The intricate details and the ability to allow viewers to see a different perspectives is actually very eye opening.

Nachteile: What I like least about the software is the lack of floor levels that are representative of actual buildings. This might be minor, but I wished there were options for prebuilt stairs and different floor levels. Stairs and floor levels are common in plants, hospitals, airport, etc., so why not give the user those items in the toolbox. For example, if I wanted to simulate a building with three floors, with people walking from one floor to the other (not necessarily one above the other, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the operation on the other floors), using a second and third elevated floor plan. Hopefully that makes sense.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thanks for your review, Kavan! We're glad that FlexSim came out on top in your evaluation, and the ease of use and visuals have been helpful. I have some good news for you -- the latest version of FlexSim (19.1) has multi-floor support and elevator banks! Let's talk offline and I can share some videos with you.

Jake Y.
Process Engineering
Logistik & Lieferkette, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"FlexSim Modeling"

Kommentare: Good initially during classroom session followed by coaching provided by trainer post training. As we only use FlexSim maybe 1-2 times per year, was a struggle trying to remember the system features especially for complex processes. Suggest if FlexSim is conducting new classes, that the previous members can sign up for refresher course at a much lower fees i.e. join the class together with the new sign up. This will allow a continuation of interest & the use of FlexSim.

Vorteile: It does have easy to use icon bars & links that can piece a simple flow together. Able to generate statistics for basic flow through the simulated data.

Nachteile: For more complex process with more variable data, it becomes more difficult to use the tools. Need good knowledge of FlexSim to apply the variables required to make the simulation closer to the real process. Without frequent practices & application, the knowledge erodes fast.

von FlexSim an 5.7.2019

Thank you for your review, Jake! We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed some of our easy-to-use modeling and statistics features. I'd really like to connect offline about post-training retention ideas -- this is very important for us, so your feedback would be quite helpful.

• Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Dhuey C.
Principal Engineer
Essen & Trinken, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.6.2019

"Long time Simulation practitioner"

Kommentare: We are using FlexSim to evaluate a new production line, everything from equipment capability, line control logic and staffing. The data from the simulations has enabled us to reduce staffing, and equipment requirements.

Vorteile: Very easy to build a simple model with the 3D Objects. The 3D objects have enough hooks in place to deal with more complex situations as well. There is no need to know programing language. The software is a tool that can be used by both the novice and experienced modeler.

Nachteile: The users manual is a bit hard to follow, and missing some information. I would like more options for flow item shapes and shapes for resources.

von FlexSim an 26.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Dhuey! We're glad to hear that you've found FlexSim capable of both simple and complex simulation models. Let's connect offline and discuss some of your suggestions for item shapes -- I'm sure our developers would appreciate the info.

Vincent B.
Analytical Decision Specialist
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"All purpose simulation software"

Kommentare: I simulate mining sites (surface and underground), mine-to-port logistics, food and beverage plants, airport baggage handling systems, mechanical workshops, manufacturing assembly lines, distribution centers, distribution networks, supply chains, rail and road transport systems. Very visual although visual can be turned off or ignored, very efficient flexscript language, I can simulate a wide range of industries with a single tool.

Vorteile: Stunning interactive 3D graphics, full programming capabilities (no external compiler needed), links with Excel and SQL databases, ability to customize anything and develop reusable libraries

Nachteile: Limited cloud interactivity, too many new important features appearing, company focus seems to be on Process Flow module which is more complicated to use by programmers and less object-oriented

von FlexSim an 14.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Vincent! We're glad that you're enjoying our visuals, database connectivity, and customization options. Can we find a time to connect offline and discuss some of your feedback on our Process Flow module?

Pierre-yves L.
software engineer
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.6.2019

"The real possibility to simulate anything"

Kommentare: We use Flexsim to develop automatic train traffic regulation algorithm.
We are now extending the trains flow to the passengers flows because we want to improve the quality of service.

Vorteile: Flexsim offers a wide range of predefined simple object that can act independently. Each object can easily be modified. These concepts allow the user to build any simulation project by putting these objects together.

Nachteile: The variety of objects and the abundance of options for each object may be a drag on efficiency of the project development. You need to have almost a complete skill with Flexsim to find the easiest way to achieve your goal.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Pierre-Yves! We're glad to hear that you've made good use of our standard object library in your models. We do pride ourselves on being as easy-to-use as possible, but you are correct -- simulation can sometimes be difficult and require additional experience in the software.

Samuel M.
Research Assitant
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"Simulation made easy and intuitive with FlexSim"

Kommentare: Great software to introduce Simulation and show-off 3D models.

Vorteile: Not only does FlexSim has great 3D graphics potential compared to other software applications in the market, but also its simplicity and intuitive modeling structure gives it an edge from the rest.

Nachteile: While FlexSim is mostly built for an easy point and click modeling approach, modeling complex decisions that require deep programming conditions is not very straight forward as compared to other applications.

von FlexSim an 17.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Samuel! I'm glad you enjoy our graphics and intuitive modeling structure. If you'd like, we can connect offline and I can show you some of our latest tools to more easily model complex situations.

Fatin Y.
Student
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.7.2019

"Experience Using FLexSim : 3D and processflow"

Kommentare: My experience using FlexSim overall is really fun and interesting. eventhough sometimes i got crashed or errors but all the features that FlexSim has are varies greatly. User can represent their ideas with many kind of ways. There are lot of options user can choose to build the model whether use the processflow, the 3D directly, combining both or others. User can easily document the model with recording feature in FlexSim. 3D world in FlexSim is really smooth. it can represent the actual system specifically and precisely. User can easily control the size, the shape and the colour as the user wish.

Vorteile: The processflow is the feature i like the most in FlexSim. Because processflow can describe detailed order sequences and represents complex actual system very well. User can easily create and manipulate the model trough processflow.

Nachteile: Sometimes i got errors and my flexsim suddenly crashed or my model cant run. I run my model and it run smoothly and then i tried to re-run again but the model got errors. I tried to re-launch the software and re-running my model. it run smoothly again. And sometimes when i re-running again I got error again. I experienced this several times during creating my model.

von FlexSim an 18.7.2019

Thank you for your review, Fatin! We're pleased to hear that you've found the Process Flow tool to be so useful at modeling complex systems. Let's connect offline and discuss some of the experiences you've had running these complex models and what computer system you're currently using.

• Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Alfredo S.
Associate Professor
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

"Great Simulation Software"

Kommentare: I am using FlexSim in academia to teach simulation. It is very helpful to dedicate little time to learn the software and more time on learning simulation. We have worked with industry to build academic examples of their processes to include in our class successfully. It is helpful to have some C programming background when you need to do something advanced.

Vorteile: Amazing 3D capabilities, easy to learn, you can build a simulation in a short period of time.

Nachteile: It is hard to obtain raw data since version 6.0, some features just disappear from one version to the next one eg. Conveyors

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for the review, Dr. Reynoso! We're glad to hear that you find FlexSim easy to use. We've actually made some recent updates to give users more access to simulation data, and our legacy conveyors are actually still available to use -- let's connect soon and I can show you how.

Abdulkadir A.
Research Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2019

"Never without Flexsim!"

Kommentare: I started using Flexsim in 2012 and I am still using it. I did a lot of study using the Flexsim in the United States and Turkey. Flexsim has many features such as easy to use, 3D, rich library, statistical results, instant tracking, experiment design, optimization, etc . Especially in the field of healthcare to monitor the movement of icons, especially gives confidence to hospital managers. I have been working to contribute to the spread of Flexsim in Turkey. I'm very happy to be the pioneer of this situation. Never without Flexsim!

Vorteile: Easy to use, 3D, having many statistical results, easy to set up a model,

Nachteile: Little bit slow! and restrictions need to be expanded on student version

von FlexSim an 8.7.2019

Thank you for your review, Abdulkadir! We're pleased to hear that you've enjoyed FlexSim's ease of use, rich library, and experimentation, among other features.

• Bewertet am 6.7.2019
Normand C.
Simulation specialist
Bau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.7.2019

"A good general purpose DES simulation software"

Kommentare: I have successfully used Flexsim to validate engineering design of production systems for many years. I think I extracted the most out of Flexsim because I could easily programmed to obtain what I needed. Flexsim introduced ProcessFlow more recently and this feature reduced the programming effort needed to implement logic in a model while centralizing the logic and facilitating the debug, particularly when working with mobile resources. I greatly appreciate this feature.

Vorteile: I like the fact that the development license gives you access to all the features of the software so you don't have to buy extra add-ons to do your job. It has good basic objects and toolbox functionalities and great 3D capability. Lists where you put all sort of information and query it with SQL type command is very helpful in logic implementation. The conveyors library is also very easy to use and very powerful. All my projects exchange data from/to Excel and this is easy to do in Flexsim. The ability to import 2D layouts and 3D shapes from various external format is also useful.

Nachteile: - Consistency. Almost all objects in flexsim have a UI with a general tab where you can set visual parameters and interaction with the object. However conveyor objects do not have this tab and it is very difficult to set the interaction parameters (protect object/show content/...) on these objects.
- Help. The help system can be improved. Particularly the contextual help and programming help.
- Fluid library. The built-in fluid library do not work well and is difficult to use to design fluid type system. For this reason we developed our own library some years ago. Now Flexsim offers a 3rd party module call FloWorks that works just fine for this purpose. I would appreciate to have FlowWorks becoming the built-in fluid library in Flexsim
- ExpertFit. ExpertFit is a tool to help choose the proper statistical distribution and parameters to represent a process. The UI of the tool dates back from Window 3.0 age and would greatly benefits from a complete revamp.

von FlexSim an 16.7.2019

Thank you for your review, Normand! We're glad to hear that you've found FlexSim to be useful in your production systems design, and that Process Flow has been a helpful addition. I appreciate your suggestions, and I'll certainly send them along to our developers.

• Bewertet am 15.7.2019
William P.
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"FlexSim - A powerful improvement tool"

Kommentare: I have used FlexSim to model several systems over the past 18 years: multiple distribution centers; a restaurant kitchen operation; a rail yard; a harvesting operation and several large manufacturing operations in several industries. As a professional I have honed my simulation modeling skills over the years and FlexSim has been part of that growth through their excellent technical support and continuous improvement and expansion of the FlexSim software.

Vorteile: In my profession, it is important that a simulation package is flexible enough to apply to many types of systems, powerful enough handle very large and complex operations if necessary, and user-friendly so that projects can be completed efficiently and at the lowest cost possible. FlexSim hits high marks in all of these areas. As a past user of other simulation software packages, I can say that Flexsim has been an outstanding software package to use and has continued to grow in value for me over the past 18 years. In addition, I have found the customer service/technical support from Flexsim to be exceptional.

Nachteile: I don't have any real "cons" at this time. I tend to push FlexSim to its limits with the applications that I try to model. At this time, the biggest issue that I am having is working with cranes (limited ability to handle multiple cranes on a single rail, for example). With that said, the technical support group works with me to develop work-arounds for handle current FlexSim limitations at they occur.

von FlexSim an 1.7.2019

Thank you for your review, William! We're so glad to hear that FlexSim has hit all the marks for you. It's also great to know that our support and development efforts are so appreciated!

• Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Emre T.
Director of Industrial Engineering and Assistant Prof.
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.6.2019

"FlexSim and ease of use"

Kommentare: I only used FlexSim for teaching and I had a pleasant experience with it. I think FlexSim HC needs improvement. FlexSim added a lot of value to the course I was teaching. I would recommend making FlexSim and FlexSim HC training to academicians available for free even if the training are in other states. For instance, I was invited to a 3-day workshop of AnyLogistix software for free in IL state and I just needed to take care of my traveling expenses. This could help us to learning FlexSim and FlexSim HC much better and provide feedback on them.

Vorteile: I liked its' ease of use overall. There is a lot of great features that are easy to use and follow in the 3D environment. Support is very strong to use the software. We used FlexSim HC for the first time this year. It has strong features that need some maturity though. It is particularly very good for teaching.

Nachteile: I think the updates need to be progressing rapidly rather than making dramatic changes. It is very important to keep the compatibility with the prior updates of FlexSim. One of the issues I faced with FlexSim HC was the entries in particular property areas. For instance, I was entering percentages and locations in several property areas for patients to travel however these entries were disappearing later on. I tried this many times both on Surface Pro 4 tablet and my Lenovo laptop, neither one kept the information in the cells. I think this is a major issue particularly when you teach the software. I also believe more educational videos make the software look better since there can be a lot of issues that users might face and these educational videos can help them. FlexSim has this nice support feature.

von FlexSim an 25.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Dr. Tokgoz! We're glad to hear that you've found success with FlexSim in your classroom. Let's connect offline soon and discuss some of the suggestions you mentioned.

• Bewertet am 22.6.2019
James T.
Process Management Engineer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"Excellent in the healthcare environment"

Kommentare: I was able to use FlexSim to solve four scenarios in clinical environments.
The first successful project illustrated that changing a clinical process flow revealed improvements in patient outcomes and safety in a Labor & Delivery Department.
In another major project, building models in FlexSim in a future environment create opportunities for nurse managers to solve clinical work flows before opening the Miami Cancer Institute. Specifically we modeled Chemotherapy, Radiation Oncology, and the Laboratory.
We built models for an outpatient rehabilitation office that revealed the bottleneck occurred at the front desk with insurance verification time.
Our model of West Kendall Baptist Hospital imaging was used to justify hiring separate transporters because the model clearly showed that moving patients from the Emergency Department to imaging was the cause of higher than acceptable turn-around-times.
All-in-all, the FlexSim software provided a platform that was useful for management's effort to improve patient safety and performance.

Vorteile: FlexSim allows the user to create meaningful patient movement studies when the model is built on a solid foundation of a process flow. Developing an accurate process flow in addition to having accurate time/movement data contributed to building models that represented the real world environment.

Nachteile: The learning curve was a little steep, but to be fair, my style of learning, which relies on hands on repetition, helped make the software a little difficult to learn. Several of my colleagues were able to learn the software quicker than me.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for your review, James! It's great to hear that you've had success using FlexSim to improve patient safety and performance. I also really appreciate you sharing experiences from you and your colleagues about learning the software.

Aray D.
Industrial Engineer
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"Need drag and drop items that better reflect todays modern factory"

Kommentare: Faster learning curve on some things but very challenging (close to impossible) for putting together very basic model on some very simple and common production lines.

Vorteile: Drag and drop simplicity and learning curve

Nachteile: The drag and drop items like the conveyors, machines, robots etc. are very basic and simplistic, NOT enough to create a workable model for any factory these days with some very, very serious programming, if at all. This was even more apparent during the 2 extra days I was there after the training to get help for my project. A very simple cell and a very simple machine from the factory I was working at was very challenging for the very highly knowledgeable mentor that I had and eventually I ended up not being able use the models we worked on on those two days. Basically the machines, conveyors, etc should be more close to the types of machinery that are used in todays automated factories. Some examples would be; - Robots having more than one gripper (for example; to swap the finished part on a machine with a raw part) - Machines with multiple fixtures (for example; while the machine is processing the second fixture can be unloaded and loaded, and when the part is finished the fixtures swap places) - Machines that are able to produce multiple parts at once (for example; machine has to wait for 4 raw parts to be loaded on its fixture to start machining them all at once) - Conveyors to have pallets on them (a very common type of conveyor where you have a limited number of pallets circulating on the conveyor in which the raw and finished parts are picked and placed) I would be more than glad to provide more details if needed.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for the review, Aray! I'm glad that you've enjoyed the drag-and-drop functionality and learning curve. I'm sorry to hear that there were some difficulties in your project -- let's definitely find a time to discuss them offline. I've also forwarded your suggestions to our development team.

Isaías S.
Research professor
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Software FlexSim comments"

Kommentare: Since 2015, the FlexSim Software license was acquired at the Escuela Superior de Ciudad Sahagún of the Autonomous University of the State of Hidalgo, Mexico and, to date, more than 6 generations of students of the Industrial Engineering Education Program have learned, experienced and resolved case study in companies in the region. The results of the use of this impressive software involve the generation of students trained in Discrete Events Simulation, one of the most important topics of the Manufacture 4.0. On the other hand, research articles have been written that show the scope when developing simulation projects with the industry, as well as a book called "A first step to Simulation with FlexSim", developed with the purpose of guiding students, professors, researchers and entrepreneurs in the use of this wonderful tool. From the personal point of view and given that I know more than five simulation software, I could say that FlexSim is by far the best tool to do 3D simulation and with that, make decisions that guarantee the success of new thought proposed in production systems, logistics, services (hospitals, supermarkets, restaurants), among many others.

Vorteile: Its 3D animation, its easy programming, the logic to build models and statistical results.

Nachteile: The lack of diffusion of the software in the universities, as well as the organization of congresses or international events in Mexico.

von FlexSim an 25.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Dr. Marmolejo! We're pleased to hear that UAEH has had positive results with FlexSim, and that you've enjoyed the animation and logical capabilities. We also hope to see even more FlexSim use in Mexico -- let's connect offline and discuss some of your ideas!

Daniel M.
Professor assistant.
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2019

"Use of FlexSim software for education."

Kommentare: My experience with the use of FlexSim has been excellent. I am in charge of choosing the software in my University. Since 2013, we have chosen FlexSim because it is the best software for the teaching of Simulation.

Vorteile: I like Flexsim software because it allows to build simulation models more adapted to reality than any other software on the market. In addition, it has a unique potential for the analysis of results as it is the case of the Dashboards that allows a visualization of statistics in real time.

Nachteile: Since 2018, FlexSim has been implementing changes by combining the Process Flow logic with the 3D environment. These changes have been beneficial, but the understanding of the logic has diminished. I am aware that the tutorials are useful, but for people who are going to work with the software for the first time, it could hinder the teaching process. I suggest that at the beginning of the tutorial you include more explanations in 3D as it was before.

von FlexSim an 26.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Daniel! We're pleased to hear that you've found FlexSim to be the most capable at building realistic simulation models, both visually and statistically. I agree that the Process Flow module can sometimes be challenging to add into an already busy course syllabus. We actually have a primer for academia available that covers mostly the standard 3D objects -- let's connect offline and I'd be happy to share it with you.

• Bewertet am 25.6.2019
Martin J.
Supply Chain Simulations Specialist
Industrieautomation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"FlexSim is a great option for event based simulation"

Kommentare: We use FlexSim for goods and process plant logistics as well as clinical people based logistics combined with goods flows.

Vorteile: FlexSim has been putting in a great development effort over the past few years and it really shows. New features such as Process Flow visual programming, and Statistics Collectors for data and result handling make models far easier and quicker to set up, and a lot of the new content means that FlexSim can be used for more different types of modelling fields with less effort. As the name implies FlexSim really does offer great flexibility in range of application. I especially look forward to exploring the new People Modul content in FlexSim 19.1 which should help make people based simulations even easier.

Nachteile: The deep level of customization and the sheer number of features that gives FlexSim its flexibility, can at times seem overwhelming and make the learning curve a bit steep. Though the interface is quite intuitive the fact that you can do the same thing in may different ways, sometimes has you wondering if you are making something harder than it has to be or if you have missed another features somewhere.

von FlexSim an 12.6.2019

Thank you for the honest review, Martin!

• Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Castagna R.
Digital manager
Industrieautomation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"I really like Flexsim"

Vorteile: I like the reactivity of the dev team. They adapt the softwrae very quickly with a good sens of users needs.
Flexsim is esay to use and as it's name imply it is very flexible.
Flexsim France is so helpful and reactive, I tried other softwares ans this is clearly one of Flexsim's strength.

Nachteile: It's sometime difficult to find answers in Flexsim's user manual. Differents versions of Flexsim programming language are in the same location and it can be difficult to find the right information.
More tutorials could be great too. Those available today are quite basics.

von FlexSim an 24.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Raphael! We're glad to hear that you've found FlexSim easy to use, and that our developers have been responsive to your needs. If you'd like, let's connect offline and discuss some of your ideas for tutorials.

Hill P.
Managing Director, Supply Chain Practice
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"Extraordinary tool and support"

Kommentare: Truly excellent in every dimension of technology, service and accounting.

Vorteile: Versatility. There is almost no scenario that we haven't been able to support... But it goes beyond the tool; the can-do attitude and creativity of the FlexSim consultants is critical as well. I can't say enough good things about their willingness to find ways to model the variety of scenarios we encounter. FlexSim has something for both sides of the brain--visuals are spectacular--almost beautiful. Rigorous performance quantification of complex systems completes the picture.

Nachteile: It's the flip side of versatility--complexity. The tool is so incredibly complex that it is hard to envision every being independent. I don't know if this is a criticism or just a reality.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Hill! We really appreciate the kind words about our support, capability, and visuals. You're absolutely right -- simulation modeling can get complicated! (But we're always trying to make it as easy as possible.)

Doug D.
Healthcare Systems Engineer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.6.2019

"A Necessity for Process Improvement"

Kommentare: FlexSim has been monumental in achieving process improvement goals. It really gets the faculty on board when they can see themselves walking around. It's visual and helps the user understand their processes and systems so that they can improve. We've saved hundreds of thousands in preventable costs by changing processes and staffing levels based on future patient volumes.

Vorteile: It's a visual way to represent your processes rather than strictly numbers.

Nachteile: Occasional bugs that require the user to save often but every software has a varying degree of them.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Doug. It's great to hear that FlexSim has been so useful as you're achieving those process improvement goals!

• Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Mohamed R.
Production development engineer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.6.2019

"Very important software for improvement"

Kommentare: It help us in improving our production lines performance specially with big changes with investment
It help us to predict better and understand the production line problems

Vorteile: Ease of use
Plenty of learning sources
Fast and reliable feedback on the software forum

Nachteile: Some bugs when using 3d parts from other programs
Optimization tool is not integrated

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thanks for your review, Mohamed! We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed FlexSim's ease-of-use and support resources. Let's connect offline about your experience with the Optimizer tool -- we completely overhauled our OptQuest integration several years ago, so I want to make sure you've had a chance to use versions with this integration.

• Bewertet am 15.6.2019
Industrial Engineering
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"Quick to build model and easy error handling"

Kommentare: I am quite happy as an user.

Vorteile: It has fantastic 3D visualization. It is rather simple to build models and study the what-if analysis.

Nachteile: I do not quite like the process flow potion of the modeling. I wish we could do the whole model development on the object portion of the software.

von FlexSim an 18.6.2019

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you've enjoyed the visualization and model building. I'm sorry to hear that the Process Flow module hasn't been as big of a hit for you -- however, we've kept in all of our existing (and even a few new) features for model development on our standard 3D objects, so feel free to continue to use those features. Let's connect offline if you'd like to discuss further.

Igor K.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.6.2019

"FlexSim 2019 (Healthcare) in Russia"

Vorteile: 3D modeling of dynamic processes and change of visual images in the process of medical care. Flexible virtual experiments

Nachteile: Limit the number of objects and processes in the trial version, which does not allow to complete the training example of modeling a medical center in full.

von FlexSim an 25.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Igor! We're pleased to hear that you've enjoyed the flexibility of experimentation in FlexSim. It's true that our free trial version has some limitations, but let's connect offline and I can connect you with our local representative about a full evaluation license.

• Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Daniel Y.
Materials Planning Supervisor
Maschinerie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.5.2017

"Great software with that lives up to its name of "flex"able and easy to use. "

Vorteile: Can apply to many different processes or types of operations. Great for showing manual and automation processes that work together. Easy to use and train new users on the software. The flexibility of the software has allowed me to show automated processes with manual processes, part movement, and part flow all at the same time. Ability to show how things interrelate on a larger scale.

Nachteile: Would like to see more drop and drag pre-coding for different types of machining processes. The software is easy to adapt to a wide range of processes and simulate the movement of product however it would be a good feature to have some pre-loaded or base processes to select from and build off of.

von FlexSim an 9.5.2017

Thank you for the kind words, Daniel! We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that FlexSim's "flexibility" is proving useful for you. Let's connect offline and discuss some of the suggestions you have for different pre-built machining processes.

• Bewertet am 1.5.2017