Über SchoolAuction.net

Webbasierter Service, der es einfacher macht, Auktionen und andere Spendenaktionen für öffentliche, private und Konfessionsschulen zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über SchoolAuction.net

There wasn't anything that I saw as a negative about this software. I do wish the price was a little lower, but I think in the long run it paid for itself.

Bewertungen zu SchoolAuction.net

SchoolAuction.net hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 232 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SchoolAuction.net bereits verwendet?

Molly
Molly
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A shout out to SchoolAuction.net! Fabulous customer support~~timely, helpful and thorough. Thanks!

We appreciate that SchoolAuction.net is forever improving itself. Supprt truly listens to feedback and then goes about making changes. We appreciate the easiness of the software to use for our Spring Gala and auction needs. We were especially pleased with showing off the catalog last year. Once our pics and descriptions were in and we published it to our families, we were really proud of how the catalog looked. It was very professional and gave our families a huge preview of what was to come at the event.

Doug
Auction Chair in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Answered our prayers

Kommentare: We had been using a different auction package for a few years. It had a dated, inefficient interface. It tripped us up in the middle of our event. We needed something more modern and responsive. We were investigating more expensive, top-tier packages when another volunteer saw SchoolAuction.net in an ad. We read up on it and found it had the features we wanted, but seemed like just a small startup (loved the story, but could they support us?). I called and had their founder on the phone in no time and he quickly put me at ease with their ability to meet our needs and support our events. We decided to try it out and were not disappointed. The documentation was amazingly clear and very easy to follow. We got rapid support when we needed it. Including a few more calls to their founder who also helped us get connected with a payments gateway. We pulled off a great event and were even able to re-use the software for other events within the same year. ALL of our events yielded higher revenue than in past years as a result of their great tools and we saved money over the other packages we evaluated.

Easy to learn and use. Great documentation. Superb customer service. Comprehensive feature set and flexible enough to meet needs outside of our original auction intent. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Would have enjoyed a little more customization capability in the site look-and-feel, but the included templates were good enough to meet our needs.

Jeff
Parent Volunteer in USA

Great cloud based producr

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

We find the ease of use unparalleled. The fact that we can have multiple users concurrently connected to the system, making changes with different access. Rights is very helpful. Additionally, the fact that we can have multiple users doing dead entry on the night of our event is wonderful. We use this software for all of our fundraising events throughout the year.

Initially, we struggled with the way to customize the software. Once that was resolved, everything worked well.

vor 4 Wochen

Jeff, thank you for sharing your feedback on our software! We're delighted to hear that you find it easy to use and that it's been a valuable tool for your fundraising events. We apologize for the initial customization struggles, but are pleased to hear that things smoothed out afterward. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to serve your fundraising needs throughout the year!

Rebecca
Fundraising Chair in USA

Good for School Auctions only

Kommentare: It worked fine for the year we used it. I was frustrated by having to figure out a lot of work arounds to get what I wanted to do. Not very customisable and very limited creatively.

What I was as able to create looked very good, but there was so much more I wanted to be able to do but couldn’t.

Not very customisable for different types of organisations. Really is created to run school auctions. Very little muted in what one could create using this software.

Antwort von Northworld

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I wanted to point out that actually quite a large number of our customers are not schools; most of our new customers over the last few years have been other non-profits; as such, we have tools and templates available to create all kinds of auctions and fundraisers, including jog/read-a-thons, targeted fundraising campaigns, voting contests, golf tournaments, etc. Many of our customers even use our software to sell event or concert tickets, have an online store, or as a year-round give/donate page. To find out how to set these up, please contact our support team at support@schoolauction.net, or you can reach them by clicking the Help widget that appears on the far right edge of each page within our software. We'd love to help you take full advantage of your software plan, and help you raise even more money.

Trent
Volunteer - IT in USA
Fundraising, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use during the event

Kommentare: Those of us tasked with entering items and organizing were done so far ahead of schedule compared to prior years, that we had to go back and correct issues that arose later. Next time, we’ll just be patient. A good problem.

Mobile/Tablet compatible, SaaS Intuitive, very little training for volunteers. Very easy to integrate credit card processing connection. Help videos to show volunteers. Extensive text-based help database as well. Multiple users at once; admin can set permissions. Option for online auction.

Some signage/descriptions signage was only available in one export size/orientation and it wasn’t our desired size. Can’t add new user while in the screen to add new item. Must switch menus. Indicator for volunteer at check-out to pull certificate needs to be larger and/or a pop-up should be utilized. Managing seats at gala tables; doesn’t indicate well when particular table hits capacity. No option to suppress unavailable physical bidder paddle numbers (when using existing paddles). Silent auction tab sheet doesn’t continue to a second page for more entries. No place to include other expenses from event so we can build complete picture of our success.

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Trent! We're delighted that your job was faster and easier - and that you are going to keep us on our toes by pushing for more improvements. We love the constructive, detailed feedback!

Mark
Technology consultant in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very good software for running a fundraising auction

Kommentare: They are very easy to do business with. I highly recommend to use their studio for a live virtual event; they take care of all the technical details to make it look good.

Got lots of emails and support about what to do at each stage of preparation. Easy to add donors and photos of auction items. Like that there's one window for bidding and viewing the video. This software is much better for the auctioneer than the other software I have used.

The flowchart in the dashboard is somewhat useless; clicking on the steps only referenced help videos that I don't have time for; would be better to jump to the referenced setup menu. Missed sending out virtual event reminders on the day before; could have used a reminder (nowhere does it mention this). Sofware is geared to set up for a live auction event with bid sheets, etc. Have to manually change each item and ended up missing one.

Antwort von Northworld

Hi Mark, Thanks for your detailed review! We're glad that you appreciate the single-screen efficiency of our Virtual Live Auction feature, and that your auctioneer found the Auctioneer View easy to use. In response to the items you listed under Cons, I'll certainly share them with the rest of the team; the majority of the software features we add or change are a direct result of customer feedback. I did want to touch on one specific thing you mentioned; you DO have the ability to edit items in bulk vs. one-by-one. Feel free to email me at vanessa@northworld.com if you'd like our support article on how to do that. I'm happy to share anything that will help your organization with their next event!

Renata
Director of Special Events in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Worth the learning curve! Switched from software we had been using for the past 20+.

Kommentare: We really enjoyed using schoolauction.net and will continue to do so for our school gala/auction event. In fact, we were so pleased that we are looking at how we might be able to use it for other events as well. There was a learning curve, especially for those team members who aren't especially tech-savvy , but the majority found it very easy to use and were thrilled that we made the switch!

Easy to import info from previous software. Intuitive and generally very user-friendly. Good for those who can self-educate - lots of video tutorials and a comprehensive help center. Very quick customer service response through email.

Some team members struggled with the lack of phone support. We had an issue specific to our gala-style event, and thus I would not recommend this software for an organization whose priority is finding a seamless way to handle guests with regards to tickets, tables, table captains, and comped tickets. We were able to find workarounds but it got a bit confusing and we weren't able to use the reports and analytics that would have otherwise been very helpful.

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Renata! We appreciate the feedback, and... we're working on it!

Melanie
Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SA.net user since 2014! So easy to use for our school fundraising that I started using it for work.

Kommentare: I'm entering into my seventh year using SchoolAuction.net, and I continue to recommend it to others.

It's incredibly easy to train volunteers, capture all of the info that I want from users and guests, and process guests quickly on event night.

It's often slow on weekday afternoons, hard in the weeks leading up to events. It's a bit of a long and clunky URL.

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Melanie! Reach out next time - we've got tricks to make it easier to drive people to your site than publishing the URL... Roger

Nicole
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use auction software

Kommentare: The software makes it possible to get every fundraising dollar and clearly organize guests for the event.

Excellent help features on every page. Easy to contact support team if needs arise. I also appreciate the helpful bidding sheets that print directly from the software.

The software requires the administrator to process credit cards individually after the auction has closed, which takes quite a lot of time.

Jackie
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful and Easy to Use!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall- wonderful! A life saver for us!

Everything was wonderful and super easy to use! This made our online auction do-able and simple. Customer service was amazing and I couldn't have been happier with it all! The checkout process was also very easy and made our lives so much simpler! We'll definitely use this software again in the future!!

Nothing, it was all very simple and easy.

vor 4 Wochen

Jackie, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're thrilled to hear that you found our software easy to use for your online auction. It's great to know that our customer service met your expectations, and the checkout process simplified your experience. We truly appreciate your support and look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Eric
Director of Communications and Marketing in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy To Use

I like that it's web based and allows us to give access to multiple people. The ease of use for entering and managing items is simple. Managing tickets is also easy.

A big missing feature is a more robust table management portion of the software. Our events have anywhere from 300-1,000 guests and while I can enter the table number on the ticket, the organization and management of all our tables has to be done outside of the software. We also had issues with linking bidders. When two bidders were linked, only one of their bidder numbers worked. Couples would use both numbers thinking that the accounts were linked together.

Antwort von Northworld

Hi Eric, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I'm passing your feedback regarding table management to the rest of the team, as most of the features we add or edit are in direct response to customer feedback. In terms of the linked bidders, the feature worked as intended - couples can be linked so that they can share a bidder number at check-in as opposed to each having their own number. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm glad that you find it easy to enter and manage items and tickets, and we look forward to helping you with your group's next event; we appreciate your support!

Daniel
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly, Easy to Engage Volunteers With!

Kommentare: Our organization has used School Auction for over 4 years for our major gala event. We are committed to creating an enjoyable event, and School Auction has been our key assist to making the event run smooth. The tool is useful because it automates so many core functions at a gala fundraiser: Pre-planning, the tool is easy to use for helping to sort and ID guests. It's a great repository for our Gala Auction items to keep track of items, and can be used to print out the descriptions of silent auction items for the event. During the night of, we're able to collect the credit card information of our donors at check-in (no messy exits), and are able to update all information night of real time. We organize a training for our volunteers a few days before the event, which helps to familiarize the team with the tool. It is a good idea to have one or two "Go To" leads for the night of to assist with questions. Best of all, if you have questions or concerns the night of the event, School Auction will answer your questions! I've found the team to be very helpful and response to email communications and assistance. One of my favorite parts of School Auction is the data analysis we are capable of - it helps easily ID through charts and graphs what amount of our revenue came from particular items, and using the same software year over year makes for easy comparison. Very useful and I would recommend!

Very user friendly. The data for after event comparison is very helpful in designing and planning what is most effective.

Elizabeth
Director of Development and Mission Advancement in USA

Schoolauction.net Software - Comprehensive Fundraising Resource

Kommentare: Ease of use and online and help desk support.
A robust software and very well priced especially for non-profit organizations.

Functionality - multiple types of fundraising events & activities; the online and mobile access for contributors, donors and guests; virtual event capability; provide forms for letters, statements, contributor's information Online Support especially for the setup & implementation roadmap

Integration with contact management applications

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Elizabeth! We loved working with you this year, and look forward to helping with your next fundraiser!

Sue
Volunteer in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Wonderful product with outstanding support service

Kommentare: While looking upgrade our silent auction event, I researched at least five online services. I had a good idea of what I needed, though my research taught me about additional services available that were helpful. A little background...my organization, until this year, had done nearly everything manually from recording reservations to checkout, and beyond. Transitioning from manual to digital is not always easy especially when the technological capabilities of the volunteer base varies. All of my volunteers found the software very easy to use. Further, and almost more important, the guests repeatedly praised the ease of checkin and checkout. Happy guests lead to better fundraising! SchoolAuction.net stood out on several fronts. It had all that I needed and then some (though most did). However, SchoolAuction.net offered customer support that was amazing. From rapid response to email questions, to giving me a lot of telephone time to walk me through the software from beginning to end. It was a personal touch that was not only appreciated, but gave me confidence and an understanding of the software. In addition, I knew that if I had another question, they would be there to talk to me on the phone. Additionally, SchoolAuction.net was the only service I found to offer a subscription based service. Not only did not my organization implement the technology for the initial event, we have used it since in a different way for fundraising, and hope to use it for a golf event in the spring. Lastly, SchoolAuction.net allowed me to not only offer express checkout, but to allow my guests to checkin online in advance, an option many used. Those guests who checked in in advance were able to provide their credit card number (securely), and receive their bid number before arriving at the event. Once they did arrive, they did not need to stop at the table. They were able to walk right in. I would strongly recommend SchoolAuction.net and look forward to using them for the next event!

Michelle
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great solution for our FIRST ever School Auction!

+ Clear, friendly user interface made it easy to enter data and to train volunteers quickly how to use. + Check-in/out feature was outstanding, facilitated quick, easy, accurate check-out processing even though we used the "basic" model. + Event website and online auction features felt customized and branded for our school. + Amazing value. All the functionality and gloss of other more expensive school auction software products!

+ A little restricted on the type of reporting/reports we could run. Had to run a couple different ones to get the info I needed. + Some of my issues could probably have been resolved if my volunteer team had been larger and I had more time to understand how School Auction net worked....so I don't really think the "cons" had much to do with the actual product

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Michelle! We're working on reporting by the way - yes, you can currently generate any report you may need... but that process can be (and will be) streamlined a bit to get you more quickly to some common reports. Check in with the support team for more info on that as you get ready for next year's auction.

Laura
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

From a front-line non-profit fundraiser...

Kommentare: This program brings professionalism and SO many tools to our event administration! It improves the guest experience (if we utilize it well), and helps keep the chaos in order. It also helps us reach a bigger audience by making information available to online users who cannot attend an in-person event. Our experience has been nothing but positive with SchoolAuction/[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

The customer service and help options! There is a lot to learn & understand when you first set things up, and to really utilize all the features. So when you call or reach out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], a knowledgable, kind, and patient person ALWAYS picks up quickly. I LOVE THAT!

Not being able to upload multiple item images at once into either the individual catalog listings, or into an in-software image library that is easily accessed from catalog. But that is a MINOR thing!

letztes Jahr

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for your review! I love that our software has helped you reach a bigger audience and that you've had great experiences with our support team. Also, good news - we're reworking the image upload feature to add the ability to drag and drop multiple images, so stay tuned for that. Looking forward to helping you with your next event or fundraiser! Best, Vanessa

Milica
Scientist in USA

Great product and great help!

Kommentare: We used this software for our PTO auction, which had three parts: online, silent and live. It helped tremendously, from creating a catalog to recording the profit. Online auction went smoothly, self check in and check out features are extremely helpful for live event. It gives a spectrum of opportunities for look and feel of the website. Reporting is pretty good, there are a lot of different options. There are some reporting options I would like to see tweaked a little bit, but overall it is super helpful. We used the software for our annual pledge and will use it for Read-a-thon. Customer support is the best I've seen, responses come within an hour. Amazing!

Ease of use and support. Features like online auction management and self check in and check out are amazing.

When I customize the table I would like to be able to save that as a default view and not having to change it every time I log in. In the post auction reports, simple table with the list of items and the buyers and the FMV and the price paid, I couldn't put that together.

Carabeth

Great Software!

Kommentare: Overall the program was great and I plan to keep using it. I've already recommended it to a few other people.

I loved this software, its easy to set up, and easy to manage all aspects of your auction. It was great to be able to have everything related to the event in one place.

The only issue we had was on the night of the auction when we were entering bids, it seemed like it was not working, but then we realized you could not use the tab button. It was a few minutes of total stress that the program wasn't working in the most important moment, but we called the support and it got figured out fast and we were back on track

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks for the referrals and the review! We are delighted you found it so helpful.

Amy
Executive Advisor in USA
Unternehmensberatung

Makes Auction Life Easier

Kommentare: I can't imagine running a PTSA/School auction without this software. Its helped us organize and streamline the whole process. We use it to organize our items, lay out the auction tables, sell tickets and add ons, check people in and out, and sell remaining items online. We've seen them add features over time to improve the system. Last year we started using mobile check in and check out and that really made things easier for our team and our guests. It could be slightly more intuitive to use, but there is plenty of help text and videos if you take the time. The ability to copy data from one year to the next has been great too - easier to delete extra data than rekey it in.

Good end to end coverage, check in options

I bit complicated to learn the first time

Theresa
Auction chairperson in USA
Fundraising, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great online auction software and service

Kommentare: I've run our PTO online auction for two years now. Prior, we had used schoolauction.net with their old version and before I came on board, we reviewed as many options as we could find. We decided to stick with schoolauction.net not fully understanding the changes they were in the process of making, but with the understanding that it would be more customizable and easy to use. The revamped program is excellent. We are about to start our third year with it, and I am excited to see what updates are in store. The thing I love most is that you could run a great online auction with no design skills, but for those who do have graphics experience, the look and feel are almost fully customizable. There are a couple tweaks I would change, but they are totally nit-picky on my part. Excellent customer service - can't say enough about it. Very responsive by email or phone. We've had great success with our online auction through schoolauction.net and look forward to another year.

Customizability; value

A couple quirks about layout but nothing major

Ellora
Foundation Coordinator in USA
Philanthropie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Check-in and check-out was a breeze!

Kommentare: It was my first time running a fundraising auction and this software made it possible! My colleagues who had been on the peripheral of event planning in prior years commented that SchoolAuction.net was worth the investment. It made the event run much more smoothly.

SchoolAuction.net is very intuitive. After a demo, it was easy to just jump right in and get set up for our fundraising gala. I really appreciate how flexible it is. Our event wasn't quite ready for mobile bidding, but we still utilized so many other features. Our guests really noticed a difference from the previous event: we heard positive feedback on how much easier the check-in and check-out process was!

The sponsorship set up was confusing at first. We solicit year-long sponsors, instead of event-specific sponsors. But we were still able to utilize the sponsor recognition features, which was a huge plus!

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Ellora! We really appreciate the opportunity to help.

Eden
Director of Development in USA

Versatile, Easy-to-Use Auction Software

Kommentare: We've been very happy with School Auction Net. We are a small school with a small staff and volunteer gala team. School Auction Net is affordable, easy to use and meets our needs for managing ticket sale information, a silent auction, and a raise the paddle (aka fund a need). Customer service has been very responsive. The only thing holding me back from giving it 5 stars in all areas is that we run a fairly traditional operation (no online bidding and we print thank you letters and receipts, for example) and School Auction Net seems even stronger for those who want to do more electronically (e.g. email receipts, online and mobile bidding). Perhaps one day we will have time and it will make sense for us to add some of those features - and then we can comment on the full range of School Auction Net. In the meantime, we highly recommend the software to keep your ticket sales and auction running smoothly!

Dena
Program Director in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SchoolAuction.net has been a great event software for our nonprofit's needs!

Kommentare: SchoolAuction.net has been a great event software for our nonprofit's needs! We use the software for ticket sales and silent auction logistics, as well as running reports after the events. The backend of the site is very user friendly and the available support on event night has come in handy on several occasions. We would highly recommend this service to other nonprofits in need!

Ability to migrate date from a past event to a new event saves us time and gives us a great baseline for Auction Donors and previous guests

We have had to tweak some of the site features to meet the specific needs of our events, but the software techs have been very helpful in figuring out how best to make it still work for our needs

Alyssa
General Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for our largest fundraising event

The software gives several options to use for our fundraising event. It's all straight forward to use and provides our guests an easy option to pre check in which greatly helps us. We couldn't keep our guest tickets, auction items and donations nearly as simple to process and keep track of without using SchoolAuction.net.

There is a huge help section with videos and articles to help you figure out how to use the tool but it's not always easy to search and find exactly what you need. If I reach out to customer support though, I always get an immediate response with links to find the exact info I need.

Antwort von Northworld

Thanks, Alyssa! I will forward the comment to the team that maintains the documentation - we can definitely work on making the browsing easier.

Carol

Great option for Development Directors

Kommentare: This software was exactly what we were needing to make our processing faster and easier. Our parents loved the phone check-out system and it put less pressure on our check-out team and alleviated lines at the end. The credit card set-up was a bit confusing but in the end it worked great.

speed of system and ability for all my team members to access and edit the parts they are responsible for - and everything doesn't have to go thru my hands to get done!

It is very hard for the pick up team to know when the calling team has secured a donation. The pickup team has to keep checking thru all the potential donors every day since there isn't a mechanism to see updates and notes on who to ask for etc. because it all goes into the donors regular info instead of a place to put info just pertaining to that year. It was hard for most team members to understand that you have to go between the donors and the items.

Antwort von Northworld

Thank you, Carol! This is excellent feedback!