Blinkbid is an indispensable tool for my commercial photography business

Lindsay A.
Fotografie

Vorteile: This software helps me in an essential part of my commercial photography business. Each week I create several bids for photo campaigns. Blinkbid makes it easy for me to build my estimates. An absolutely essential element is that is helps me determine licensing-- how much to charge for use/usage of my photos. Basically you can enter the industry, number of images, where they will be used, and your experience... then it suggests a range of what to charge. I would have NO idea where to start without it. Saves time and helps answer difficult questions!

Nachteile: I really have no complaints about the software... more just a complaint in photography that so many businesses are trying to get away without paying licensing fees nowadays!

Probably one of the best tools for creatives

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Andrzej M.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It allows you to work with different types of "personalities" which are representations of different types of services (photography, video, etc.). It also allows you to operate in different countries, providing all documents in different languages and currencies.

Nachteile: First time set up can be time & energy consuming. Once you're done, it's smooth like a baby's bottom.

good product terrible customer service

Bewertet am 15.12.2019
Greg D.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer service is terrible. I wish there was another product out there. I have needed support for three weeks now and can't get anyone on the phone or email me back.

Vorteile: functionality and ease of use. usage tracking is great

Nachteile: good luck if you have an issue. I have been trying to get support for three weeks now with nothing.

Customer Support is TERRIBLE

Bewertet am 10.12.2018
Samer A.
Photographer / Director of Photography
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Was good until this issue.

Vorteile: Comprehensive, easy to share and industry standard

Nachteile: Customer service is HORRIBLE. Didnt respond to a single email of mine for customer support. I cant trust a company that doesnt help when in need using THEIR product!

I would be lost without Blinkbid

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
William F.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Love it. Great program.

Vorteile: I am a professional photographer and I use Blinkbid multiple times a day for many different aspects of the jobs i do. From production and bidding to estimating and contracts. I love the integration with quickbooks online too!

Nachteile: If I need to be picky then it would be I like the old layout of the software before when it was just a desktop program. But I love it being online so I don't ever have to worry about losing my data.

I use it in my photography business

Professional Photographer

Vorteile: The ability to customize items in the estimates, use my own terms and and conditions and licensing. The reports I can generate such as year end profit and accounts payable are very useful.

Nachteile: no complaints, per se. I would like to have an iPad app version at some point, to easily make alterations to existing estimates, send estimates when on locations.

I've been working in Blinkbid for over 8 years now and love it! Huge fan!

Bewertet am 5.7.2017
Callie H.
Producer and CEO
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Time saver, accuracy and being able to share with my clients easily.

Vorteile: Ease of use and being able to share with other photographers and Reps. It was a huge relief to not have to use spreadsheets anymore on my estimates.

Nachteile: When other photographers and Reps don't have a subscription to it! I also use my ipad for everything and occasionally I'll have some browser issues but that's about it.

I am in love with BlinkBid

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Amable C.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love BlinkBid. The software is intuitive. The little questions I had were answered. I love BlinkBid.

Vorteile: I love everything about the software. As a photographer, this software is a blessing. I am new to the business of photography and now I can bid on work with complete confidence. I love that I can plan out my project as I create my bid. The website, in the,​ don't panic section, there is a step by step look at what a bid looks like, what questions to ask. It is clear that BlinkBid cares for my success and that makes me love them. I wrote an email to the owner about a concern I had and he responded right away. I was shocked. They make updates with us in mind. I would recommend this to anyone. They have helped me make so much money, I think it's unfair. I love BlinkBid.

Nachteile: The only con I had with this software was that I was not able to send estimates and invoices directly from BlinkBid, but now you can. Not only that​ but now the invoices are better and more detailed. My customers love it.

Ive been using blinkbid for years

David paul L.
New York fashion photographer / Director

Vorteile: The ease of use and simplicity of the menus. The customer service is always fast and responsive. Most of my creative friends use it and love it.

Nachteile: I have no complaints. Over the years they have fixed many of the issues i had. For some reason capterra makes you write a minimum of 100 characters-such a waste of time

Great Reliable software

David H.
President/Owner
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ease of use, reliability with a professional look to the final invoices

Vorteile: Ease of use... very intuitive! The workflow is very easy and I feel it looks professional to my clients!

Nachteile: Sometimes the software stutters and does not respond to your clicks! I wish I could set the default on taxes to be individual line items all the time.

Blinkbid takes the pain out of invoicing

Bewertet am 1.7.2017
Michael B.
Multi Media Photographer

Kommentare: Painless billing

Vorteile: I love the new cloud interface for Blinkbid. I am a paperwork procrastinator and look for any reasons not to do it but Blinkbid has taken that all away. To bill my repeat monthly clients I just duplicate last months invoice and I'm done. The categories are plentiful and the line items only show up when populated so you don't scare a client with 4 pages of possible charge categories. It's easy to set up your own categories as well. I quickly created one for billing as a speaker to track that income separately.

Prompt, professional, and nice customer service. Great product for a great price!

Bewertet am 30.6.2017
Emily M.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It keeps me organized and streamlines my invoicing and estimating. My clients are also pleased with how organized and clear their invoices look for their reference.

Vorteile: It's streamlined my estimating and invoicing and keeps it organized. I also no that the customer service is extremely reliable and helpful whenever I don't understand something.

Nachteile: My only suggestion is that the product could extend to the wedding and portrait photographer as well. That would require certain terminology and line item adjustments.

Great program

Bewertet am 6.10.2017
Visual Storyteller

Vorteile: Helps tons with estimates and figuring out a competitive and just price for my services. The system is like Quickbooks for Photographers.

Nachteile: The user interface is not the best. I find myself wishing for a better layout. Needs improvement in the user design

Blinkbid makes it easy to keep track of my clients, licensing and overhead costs.

Ammo B.
Photographer

Vorteile: The fact that you can access Blinkbid via the web makes it easy to have access regardless of having my computer with me. I'm able to create estimates, invoices and have client information access at all times. They also have great customer service.

Nachteile: Blinkbid is constantly updating their platform to meet the needs of their clients, which is very refreshing. I haven't had any issues come up.

Vital to running my photography business

Kathryn M.
Photographer/Marketer

Vorteile: Multi featured, well laid out and easy to navigate, the creator has a thorough understanding of what a photographer needs in an estimating and invoicing software to run a business in a professional manner.

Nachteile: I would like the ability to customize the licensing fields in a more intuitive way. There are drop-down menus for filling in the fields but it is not clear where those can be customized.

Great software for emerging professionals

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Sam D.
Assistant Professor of Photography
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As an educator for young creatives I love the tools that it puts in the hands of young professionals entering the workplace. It saves them a lot of time (and myself) allowing them to answer many of their own questions about bidding, billing, taxes etc. The software covers quite a bit and it is a solid tool to do bids etc.

Nachteile: I don't think I have any cons against this product. I think some younger users may complain about the cost but I think the results more than justify the costs in saved frustration.

The interface is clean and organized!

Bewertet am 6.3.2018

Vorteile: With a ton of robust features, clean interface, and super simple bid creation,, Straightforward; easy bidding and invoicing; helpful pricing guide.

Nachteile: no phone app available yet. i hope i can see a version for iphone or android, for sure will be a game change

BlinkBid has streamlined my estimating and invoicing process.

Marisa G.
Photographer

Vorteile: Easy to navigate, generates professional looking estimates and invoices, helps keep track of expenses during production, online platform an be accessed from my phone, ipad or computer.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons. I really enjoy the platform and no other software comes close to beating it.

Blinkbid makes bidding on photography jobs 1000x easier!

Chrissy-lynn P.
Owner / Head Photographer

Kommentare: Providing easy-to-read estimates for photography proposals is a huge benefit. I believe I am awarded more jobs due the the transparent nature of the software, with all my billing and photography terms outlined upfront.

Vorteile: Blinkbid has taken all the scattered elements of bidding on commercial photography projects and organized them into an intuitive, easy to use online platform. What I like MOST about this software, is the ability to draft up a job estimate fairly quickly, since all the billing elements are ready to be selected.

Nachteile: Would love to be able to share and deliver estimates and invoices using an online link rather than downloading and uploading PDFs.

Always great customer service and care about ease of use of software. Very useful industry standard

Kristyna A.
photographer

Vorteile: I love how customizable it is. That they care about good customer service and have a lot of good explanation of how to use the product when you initially set up.

Nachteile: I don't know. I used it alot before I had a rep, now my rep does most of my estimate so I use it for smaller projects

Blinkbid is amazing!!!

Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Ryan M.
Fellow
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A consistent tool to help price my work.

Vorteile: Are you ever stuck not knowing what to charge someone for an image or a photoshoot? Blinkbid has you covered, and has made my life easier so many times.

Nachteile: Once you get to know the software, Blinkbid is really wonderful, but there is certainly a learning curve to the program.

Blink Bid is the most helpful software for creating an accurate estimate

Tony G.
Manfrotto Ambassador

Vorteile: It is customizable and has most of the categories I need already included. Because it is web based I can easily access estimates wherever I am in the world

Nachteile: There aren't really any negatives that come to mind. The software was written thoughtfully and well. No complaints from me

When I got my first really big job a photographer friend of mine suggested I use Blinkbid.

Lesley P.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My Estimates look professional and I have a great record of my large bookings.

Vorteile: The software made my proposal professional and complete. I can amend it and send updates to the client quickly and easily. There are many reminders in place to make sure my Estimate is correct, which really helps.

Nachteile: There are some functions that don't really make sense to me ie if I go from the Estimate window to the Invoice some things are not transferred over. I sent an invoice to a client that was missing in expenses that way and they weren't exactly pleased.

Easy to learn, and use.

Brian S.
Photographer

Vorteile: Blinkbid makes it easy to build an estimate. Setup is logical, and easy. Support is prompt when needed.

Nachteile: Would like to see more contact management: For example: more complete marketing profile for individual contacts.

The new software update is terrible

Bewertet am 30.4.2016
Patty H.

Kommentare: As of May 2016 the new online Blinkbid software is terrible with many bugs that can not be resolved through customer service. I converted my software from the computer based software only to never be allowed to turn back. The customer service department is only available M-F 9a.m. - 5 p.m. PST online. The response time is 4-6 hours for each question. DO NOT upgrade to this software. In my opinion this software is still in BETA.