ShelbyNext | Financials Bewertungen

von Shelby Systems

Über ShelbyNext | Financials

ShelbyNext | Financials bietet eine cloudbasierte Abrechnungssoftware, die speziell für die einzigartigen Bedürfnisse der Kirche entwickelt wurde.

Erfahre mehr über ShelbyNext | Financials

Lisa P.
Financial Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.3.2020

"I would recommend"

Kommentare: Of all the financial softwares I've used over the years, this is my favorite. Plus, Customer Service is excellent. The people seem to really care about us.

Vorteile: I like how with Shelby everything integrates. I don't have to use any other software for the financial needs of our church. I am able to use it for everything that is required for my position.

Nachteile: I have very few negatives to say about Shelby. My biggest pain was with online giving when we first started using that a few years ago, but that have been getting all of those bugs out.

• Bewertet am 17.3.2020
Larry S.
Accounting
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2019

"Shelby Financials Overall Viewpoint"

Kommentare: Overall, as stated previously, it's a solid product and is light years ahead of our old software. There was a learning curve, but---it was well worth the effort.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. I love some of the "short cuts" it offers when referenced against our old software package. (i.e.--the ease of voiding a check for example). It's pretty user friendly. I can usually find what I need by just looking through the menu options. Additionally, I was initially concerned/skeptical about a web based platform for our financial software (our previous setup was in house stand alone installation. No web interaction needed) But, it's been a very pleasant surprise! I have had few, if any, issues with this setup. Plus, being web based, I can get a quick view of every check or giving batch I ever enter---all on one page. Again, this was not available on our old package. Overall, a solid product.

Nachteile: Just a few little things. The initial setup for check printing was horrid. A lot of trial and effort went into that process. A second little thing that really annoys me. There is a set "time out" feature that the user cannot change. Meaning...I may be sitting at my computer but just not, at that moment, using the financial module of Shelby. If I don't access it in (what seems to be 2-5 minutes) I have to log back in again. As stated, this is just an annoyance. It would seem to me that the end user should be able to alter, or even disable, the automatic log off feature.

• Bewertet am 21.8.2019
CEO & Chief Consultant
Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Bewertet am 25.5.2018

"SN financials nothing like V5, disappointment and cancelled after 9 months of struggling"

Kommentare: none

Vorteile: * As a church with many funds I liked the ease of creating new funds and departments. * ease of adding GL accounts for multiple funds * When sold we were told complete system; membership, giving, and financials. * When we purchased we like that Ministry Brands will pick and choose from their purchases the complete solution. * price compared to other cloud solutions for the complete solution was reasonable and very competitive. *SaaS/monthly billing. No software purchase.

Nachteile: As I mentioned in the best "that Ministry Brands will pick and choose from their purchases the complete solution" After trying to get this ShelbyNext Financials implemented for 9 months, SN is not the answer. * Customer service on all of their pieces was terrible. Constantly we were in the queue for hours. Consistently we could not get into the queue. Major disappointment as V5 had good support. * Income statement and balance sheet when exported you could not download groupings requiring long name convention and work arounds. * There was not a complete solution as you were required to sign into different websites and you had to push data from membership to financials. If you have online giving that requires duplication and pushing into membership and then to financials. *Downloading into XLS was just a flat file/csv; no formula's, no headers *If multiple funds you could not consolidate the IS & BS for downloading to excel. PDFs you could. * downloading the chart of accounts was terrible. if you have 3 funds with 100 accounts, your reports had 300 line items. Not 100 with fund info. * Implementation for membership was good but financials was none existent. * GL accounts for multiple funds you were required to delete accounts in each fund if changes were made. The negatives far outweighed the few positives we saw. And the positives we saw were really promises of functionality that was not delivered.

• Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Anna S.
Business Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"ShelbyNext Financials "

Kommentare: The wait time on support calls is very long. It takes 20+ minutes before speaking with a person. One of the last times I spoke with support, the person was incredibly rude, instead of helping me seek out the answer to my issue, they believed I did not understand how a payroll itself worked and multiple times attempted to explain it to me when told that wasn't the issue. When we converted the trainer assigned to us did not correctly set up our chart of accounts. Accounts from other churches were being placed in our COA. We required an on-site visit from a Shelby trainer to clear this up and continue using the software as intended. The software itself is working well, now that the COA is cleaned up. For the most part there is help available either through a support call, or through the Help function in each module. I recently received notice of the new online training MPOWER. I am looking forward to implementing and utilizing this feature.

Vorteile: The software is user friendly with clear modules, and help within each section.

Nachteile: I would like to see more personalization options with reporting, and the ability to save a set of reports from period to period; a "one-click" option for a commonly used set of reports.

Jennifer W.
Controller
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2019

"Great value and easy to learn"

Kommentare: Overall, switching to Shelby has simplified many processes in our office. Our old billing systems had become very slow and required a lot of work from management to roll over from year to year. Now the workload for those rollover procedures can be done by the benefits team, and billing takes much less time and effort than it used to.

Vorteile: The system is easy to learn and navigate. It covers all our basic needs, including billing systems for our pension and insurance invoices. I love that it is cloud-based and easily accessible from anywhere.

Nachteile: New releases seem to introduce bugs into the system. They are usually resolved relatively quickly with a patch, but more in-depth testing before releases would be more helpful. I've had to spend a lot of time fixing things which is very frustrating. Detail reporting for more than one year gets time-consuming because you have to switch back and forth and adjust filters and dates each time.

• Bewertet am 17.8.2019
Ivela D.
Finance Director
  • Bewertet am 3.9.2019

"ShelbyNext Financials"

Vorteile: We transitioned from Shelby v5 and it was a very smooth transition. ShelbyNext Financials is very similar to Shelby v5 so we were able to pick right up and keep working. I like the task bar that allows me to easily switch from one thing the the next without having to close and open different modules. It is also very easy to run reports.

Nachteile: I had a hard time figuring out how to get all the various totals we needed on our balance sheet and income statement. I was able to get everything in place with the help of their support staff, but it was definitely not intuitive.

• Bewertet am 3.9.2019
James M.
Director of Technology

"Solid, Church-focused Financials"

Kommentare: Being web-based was a huge need for us. With employees being mobile these days, we needed a solution that could go any where and be used on any platform.

Vorteile: The software is regularly updated to improve functionality and adjust for changes in financial regulations. Support is responsive and typically willing to help, including remote screen sharing.

Nachteile: It can be a little cumbersome for those who don't use it everyday, but you can subscribe to reports you need and get to them fairly quickly if you take the time to do that from the start.

Blane P.
Minister of Administration
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Next Financials Pros/cons"

Kommentare: The support is top notch and Shelby is constantly adding features and updating the software. We are large non-profit organization and I see no issue with the software handling our needs going forward.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Common menus in every module. Customizable dashboard. Add on modules available.

Nachteile: Some specialty features would be nice, but feature request are constantly being added.

Laura H.
Administrative Assistant
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2019

"Shelby Make It Easy for us"

Kommentare: The financials for Shelby is a plus for us. I like that you can create categories for everything.

Vorteile: Very helpful with custom lists and financial statements. Easy access and easy to learn and understand quickly.

Nachteile: They is nothing that I don't like about Shelby. I've been using the software since it came out. Very happy with it. Just hope we can upgrade to ShelbyNext soon. Currently we are still using Shelby V5 version.

Roger V.
Lead pasto
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.5.2019

"Comprehensive share for churches"

Kommentare: We have used Shelby for several years now and will continue to do so. Their upgrade to ShelbyNext was a good move.

Vorteile: Because It has been around a while, they have added lots of features wanted by churches.

Nachteile: Can be a little complicated with a bit of a learning curve.

• Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Connie T.
Finance Administratoe
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.9.2019

"ShelbyNext Financials"

Kommentare: Able to process checks for monthly invoices quickly. Enables us to report PR taxes on time and with very little effort. Workers' Compensation report provides all information needed for annual audit; simply run, print and send. Custom Reports allow organization to produce information particular to our need. Creates reports that are easy to read. Cuts down on need for large financial staff.

Vorteile: Shelby software is organized into modular components, Accts Payable, Gen Ledger, Payroll, Bank Mngmt & Insurance Billing. These are stand alone modules, but work together to achieve overall outcome with good audit trails. We do not use Insurance Billing. I have worked with ShelbyNext Financials for 4 yrs & Shelby v.5 for 8 yrs; believe it would be challenging to breach either system. Invoices post to Accts Payable module. Once posted/reviewed info sent to Check Processing where checks are issued. Chk Processing does not allow changes to be made & can only clear entry by processing checks. Mistakes cannot be deleted must process as checks, then voided creating an audit trail for entry. Detail of transactions can be printed prior to processing into Gen Ledger. Gen Ledger does not allow changes to info (date, name, amount) from Accts Pay; must be processed as sent. Errors corrected by reversing journal entry; leaving audit trail. Accts Payable features Recurring Payments for various billing periods. Initial set up of invoices is quick & new vendors are easy to add. Invoice #s/amounts are quick/easy to change as needed & provides significant time savings to check processing. 1099s are printed through Accts Payable. Payroll maintains info for next PR & finalizes to General Ledger. Easy to run Earning reports,
Federal/State taxes, W-2s & Worker's Comp reports for WC audits. Shelby has ability to produce customized reports and all reports can be exported to Excel.

Nachteile: Have yet to find something I do not like about Shelby software. There is a learning curve as ShelbyNext is multifaceted and takes a little time and patience to use proficiently, but is easy to learn and tech support is always available to help with problems. There are times when I have waited in que for 20 minutes for help from tech support, however understand other people are needing help as much as me; therefore, should my problem take an unusual amount of time to answer, I know tech will stay with me until my issue is resolved . Shelby techs have ability to remote in to system and see your screen which makes solving problems much easier and quicker.

• Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Ana P.
Senior Accountant
  • Bewertet am 8.9.2019

"ShelbyNext Financials"

Vorteile: I have been using ShelbyNext Financials only for a year, so I believe there are a lot still to learn; but so far I like it a lot.
It's non accountant user's friendly, which help Financial Dept let the others see their updated budget information; with the setup of the correct security parameters
In general all the configuration is really easy, while modifying the COA you'll be able to see the levels on the screen which it will help to setup new accounts.
The option to have the reports in different formats is useful.
Importing the annual budget, the credit card into ShelyNext saves a lot of time and reduce the errors.
There is a lot of features that you'll be discovering as your needs appear.
In my position, have access from anywhere to the accounting is awesome.

Nachteile: The cons that I found is the exporting in excel, most used for finances; the reports include additional lines and columns that you basically have to re-format the entire report.
We are coming from v.5 which was giving us the option to refresh in excel at any time the monthly balances, with ShelbyNext we have to export in excel every time an once again re-format the report.
No much information for the Ad Hoc Reports, which are extremely hard to understand and use them; reports from Payroll relate to employees information only, and reports from Purchasing Management (no reporting at all) are important to us and ShelbyNext doesn't give options.
We would like to be able to have consolidate Financial Reports for the different campus we have directly from the software.

• Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Rachel C.
Accountant

"Longtime user"

Vorteile: We previously used Shelby v5 financials and so we liked that we were somewhat familiar with the brand already. We knew Shelby is an established company. We like that it is web based which makes it possible to work from home on occasion. The payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger modules seem to work well for our needs. Overall it meets our needs and because we previously used Shelby we felt it was a safe choice.

Nachteile: Based on our experience switching from v5 to ShelbyNext, we miss certain feature that we were used to. I wish that Shelby had a better solution than Accounts Receivable for registrations (we have a preschool and other events). The "relationships" feature in Accounts Receivable needs some work. There is an online payment piece, but we stopped using it because it seemed that it needed much more development and just didn't work for us. We were also very disappointed to learn that ShelbyNext Financials does not share data with ShelbyNext membership like v5 did. This is a pain to keep addresses and other contact info updated in both systems. There is no "Globafile" equivalent in ShelbyNext Financials either, so it can be hard to look for someone if you want to see if they are in the system and update an address or something. We also have had issues with "bugs" frequently in the software that we have to work around (sometimes these bugs happen after software updates). Support is usually friendly but depending on who you get, some are definitely more knowledgeable than others. The support phone line waits can get kind of long. Last thing I would say is the built in reports frequently don't meet all our needs, I wish we had more options for pulling data.

Monica L.
Accounting Supervisor
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Shelby Next Financials"

Kommentare: We are able to process our normal transactions in a timely manner.

Vorteile: It allows us to process transactions (payroll/ap/general ledger) for our multi-campus church in a fairly simple manner.

Nachteile: 1) I am not aware of any "ticket/notification" process to notify Shelby of a need we have/special report request. There are a couple of routine processes that we do not get good reports from Shelby.
2) The change from Shelby V5 to Shelby Next resulted in a general ledger report filter process that is more difficult.

Louie S.
Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2019

"Excellent Church Accounting Program"

Kommentare: We do bookkeeping for 75+ churches in Illinois and it adapts for our smallest churches to our very largest ones. Good payroll management is always a challenge for churches. The ShelbyNext Financials payroll module does a very complete job of handling all the aspects of payroll and payroll reporting.

Vorteile: Very easy to learn to use the software. Focused for the unique needs of a church.

Nachteile: More flexibility in designing reports. This would include text edits, data selection, and formatting.

Jennifer M.
Finance Manager
  • Bewertet am 23.8.2019

"Very happy with this product!"

Kommentare: Overall I have been very pleased with ShelbyNext Financials. It was easy to use and figure out if you have experience with other accounting software. When you get through to Customer Service they are very helpful and have always been able to help me resolve my issues.

Vorteile: - cloud based so can access from anywhere
- user friendly
- can do most anything I need

Nachteile: - sometimes glitchy
- customer service isn't always easily accessible
- doesn't communicate with ShelbyNext Membership

Kacy P.
Assistant Pastor

"Helpful Program"

Kommentare: Once you understand how it works, and get it all set up, it is very effective.

Vorteile: The Purchasing Management portion of this module makes requesting purchases and the approval a breeze.

Nachteile: We were trained on how to use it in 3 days. We needed more time but couldn't afford more training time. It was quite a battle getting everything going and understanding how to use it.

Jonathan A.
Administrative Pastor
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Shelby V5 upgrade"

Kommentare: We have had a wonderful experience with ShelbyNext | Financials and would switch again if we had to do it again.

Vorteile: We truly enjoy the ease of use with this software.
We enjoy that we can manage all of our accounting from one program. (ie. accounts receivable, payable, ledger, payroll, etc)

Nachteile: The overall cost is pretty significant compared to other accounting software. However, we use the membership side of it so it is seamless.

Kay S.
Bookkeeper

"Shelby Financials Review"

Kommentare: We use Shelby Financials for our Accounts Payables and Credit Card statements. We have found it to be very reliable. The customer service support has been excellent. The techs know their stuff and will work to the very end to come up with a solution for us.

Vorteile: I like the ease of the software. It's fairly easy to navigate and meets our needs as a church. I like the cues when I am on the wrong account number or I did not put the right amount in the que. It has a great in balance/out of balance feature that prevents a lot of error. And, when there are errors, it's pretty easy to make corrections.

Nachteile: Some of the drop downs seem to move quickly before I can make a selection, such as choosing a category on the drop down on the Posted Journals. I can't seem to be able to click fast enough before it disappears.

Carrie D.
Office Administrator
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2019

"Extremely satisfied with ShelbyNext Financials"

Kommentare: We use ShelbyNext to provide administrative support to many Assembly of God churches throughout the state of Illinois so they can focus on ministry and we can do the administrative work that is extremely necessary but not always at the forefront of the priority list. ShelbyNext Financials provides the software to enable us to remove the stress of church administration and finances so the church can dedicate their time to reaching others through Christ.

Vorteile: ShelbyNext is an extremely efficient, effective software that is able to provide very detailed information while still being user friendly and easy to learn.

Nachteile: There are a few idiosyncrasies throughout the software that I feel are unnecessary and often time consuming. For example, requiring the user to enter a description for every AP transaction, or requiring a confirmation number for each EFT AP transaction is often not necessary information that the church needs.

Suzy M.
Financial Secretary
  • Bewertet am 18.8.2019

"ShelbyNext Financials"

Kommentare: SN Financials helps us to track both receipts and expenditures in such a way that is easy for our congregation to understand. Basic reports generated have created a consistent reporting of church finances.

Vorteile: I like that all of our church management software is through Shelby. The transition to ShelbyNext from the v.5 product was challenging, and yet, Shelby was something of a “known” product for us. Not all church management packages have a financial component, and yet, Shelby did. It is fairly easy to use with basic accounting knowledge.

Nachteile: Some of the “fixes” for glitches in the software have taken considerable time to resolve. Have never been confident enough in the syncing process to sync up on-line gifts to the GL. Creating special reports is not user friendly.

• Bewertet am 18.8.2019
Aleeya H.
Admin Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"JFBC ShelbyNext Review"

Kommentare: I am pleased with ShelbyNext. I didn't do much with financials when we were using the older version of Shelby but now I use Next every day.

Vorteile: The design of the software is easy to follow and easy to read. Much better than our older version of Shelby which has small windows and was not very intuitive. ShelbyNext can be confusing at times but with experience and training, I have become more confident using it. I am also helping train others to use the software.

Nachteile: When entering items to make another line you click the + sign but you can also hit enter at the + sign to make another line. Sometimes, if I hit enter instead of clicking on the + with a mouse, it completes the transaction and closes out the window. Also, after entering so many lines a second or third page is created but the window doesn't automatically shift to the new page. Seems like that would be automatic if you were at the end of one page if you clicked for another line it should go to that new line on the second page.

Robin N.
Financial Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"Software is great, implementation was horrible, customer support not good"

Kommentare: Once trained very easy to use and intuitive.

Vorteile: It is superior accounting software (and I have used many over the years). I like the basic logic to this software and because of this basic logic the ability to run many different reports many different ways. I absolutely love the bank reconciliation reports and the general ledger and the way you can fashion reports based on your need. I like that you can adjust the income statement with custom columns.

Nachteile: I don't like it when I am doing a journal entry and the first line never accepts the account number and the only way to get it to "recognize" it is to search for it. Annoying. I don't like that all of a sudden something will look entirely different from the last time you performed that same function. When you call customer support and you are in critical need the recording tells you they can not answer at this time and to call back. Not acceptable for a support based software that we pay so much for.

• Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Laura D.

"Review"

Vorteile: I like being able to see the transaction inquiry...to view by invoice or by payment. I like to be able to see how the payment was applied, especially when it is applied to multiple invoices. I also like being able to pre-populate our charges.

Nachteile: I hate that this "world" doesn't connect to the Shelby Membership "world". Having to input demographic information into both is such a time-consuming thing. Because we are a preschool, I have to enter the parent(s) and the child(ren) in both places.

Mary H.
Accounting Clerk

"Online financial software"

Vorteile: I like the ease with which I can import from Arena to Shelby Next Financials. After I got used to it I found it easy to navigate through the applications. I only use the General Ledger to import contributions from Arena and Bank account management to enter non contribution income. The other two users in our organization seem to have easily adapted from Shelby V.5 with no major problems.

Nachteile: I find the process of importing much slower than before. I liked how all the applications worked together in v.5 - all using the same names and being able to use membership and vendors separately but not having to import data from one to the other. So this part is hard for me. We also were able to use reporting to get information more easily in Shelby V.5 For instance I was able to put a profile on certain vendors and run a report to send them Christmas cards. Now I have to use Excel and manually keep track of them.