Intuitive, User-Friendly Nonprofit Database

Bewertet am 10.9.2014
Ellyn L.

Kommentare: When we created our first nonprofit organization six years ago, we needed a simple donor-based system that would be easy to learn and use. A friend recommended BasicFunder, highly praising it for offering everything needed at a low price. I tried it out and found that it did indeed give me everything I needed in a database. In fact, it helped me become more organized and shaped the way I corresponded with our growing group of donors. Whenever I ran into an issue that didn't offer an immediate, intuitive solution, I found the user's manuel well-written and informative, and, if that didn't help, a quick call to friendly customer service always provided my solution within the hour. If I could change anything about the system, it would be to add more flexibility to the letter writing function. There is no way (to my knowledge) to save drafts of letters, or PDFs of processed letters onto the computer. You must copy the text and paste into an email or word doc if you want to send it to someone other than the recipient. (Which sometimes comes up when you need something edited or proofread, or if you want to save a processed letter for future reference outside of the database.) The graphic designer in me would also prefer a larger selection of fonts, and the ability to insert photos into the letters. One other down side is that I am normally a Mac user, and hoped that a Mac-compatible version of BasicFunder would one day be released. But I must say that this hasn't stopped me from using the program. It is so affordable for the organization and easy to use that I have installed software on my Mac to be able to switch to the PC operating system. When we started to have people from different states using the same database, we thought we might have to switch to an expensive web-based program instead. But the Basic Data Safe feature allows us to save changes off-site so that other users can download those changes from wherever they are. This, too, is quite affordable at one cent a day. Overall I have been very satisfied with this program and would recommend it to any nonprofit with typical needs.

von Jellyware an 12.9.2014

Yes - you can save drafts of letters and PDFs to the hard drive!!!

The Print Dialog - where you can select a printer - also allows you to save the report (ie letter or any report) to File.

The you have the option of what kind of file. PDF, Spreadsheet, Document. There is even a check box to Open File after save. On Print to file you could open it up immediately and edit it.

Bang for the buck!

Bewertet am 17.1.2012
Bill F.
Development Manager

Kommentare: BasicFunder is a very capable product. It offers an intuitive inferface and it's its very easy to use. Jellyware continually adds imporvements to the software and bugs are repaired as soon as they're spotted. Support has been exemplary. When you think about it, what more do you need? Consider BasicFunder.

Vorteile: I'm sure there are development software packages available with many more features and likely more capable of serving the needs of really large non-profits, but they are exponentially more expensive than BasicFunder and much more complicated to implement and use. If you're a non-profit operating on a small budget, with a small staff, then you should really consider BasicFunder. It s inexpensive, but not cheap. It's a sound product that does everything I've asked of it and frankly it's capable of doing more than we really need. It's constantly updated and continually improved. There have already been 3 updates in 2012 to add new features and fix bugs! Despite an inexpensive annual maintenance fee, technical support is great. I haven't had many problems, but when I have Walter has been prompt, courteous and thoroughly knowledgeable. Finally it s easy to use. I can teach a volunteer to enter donations in a matter of minutes. Even more complex tasks are easy to learn.

Nachteile: I'm sure there are limitations; why else would other donor management software packages be so much more expensive. For a small non-profit like ours, with a small staff and a small budget, Basicfunder works very well.

Basic Funder Fits the Bill!

Bewertet am 17.1.2012
Fraser S.
Fund Development Officer

Kommentare: As a smaller United Way, we were looking for a cost effective, yet powerful tracking tool for our donations and receipts one that would move us away from the basic and cumbersome Access database system we had been using for a number of years. Basic Funder certainly fit the bill, and more! The system allows very easy tracking of donations, and the effective creation of receipts. We wanted the ability to generate a more appropriate thank you letter, to go with the receipt, and are pleased with what we are able to do. The report-generating feature also assists in generating details for our accounting software of specific donations, and other reports. This feature rich product, coupled with the outstanding support package, makes it ideal for us would not hesitate to recommend Basic Funder to other non-profit and charitable organizations.

Vorteile: - ease of operation
- ease of install
- clean interface
- clear manual
- easy to use for general computer users
- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT!! Should be 6 stars!
- Any issues/questions addressed quickly - response times are excellent, and answers are detailed and effective
- product offers generous customization features, in many areas.
- excellent value for cost of acquisition
- ability to e-mail from within the program, i.e. PDFs of receipts

Nachteile: - some actions are not as intuitive as they could be, but this is a very minor concern - only reason it did not get a 5-star rating.
- would be nice to have some more flexibility in some areas - however, any suggestions for improvements are acted on, and implemented quickly (only reason it did not get a 5-star rating for that catagory)

CDVPC - Choices

Bewertet am 22.11.2016
Robin S.
Services Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Basic funder program is top - notch. We have been using it for years. The Customer support is superb! There is always a quick response to questions and a friendly voice to guide me through my experience! I would highly recommend this easy to use program to anyone looking to track donors

Vorteile: ease of use. Customer support! Thank you letters are easy to do! LOVE the program

Nachteile: Queries of specific information wanted is sometimes confusing.

von Jellyware an 3.1.2017

Thank you!

Great Product - Great Price

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Amy C.
Director of Development
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Recommend this product for any small non-profit!

Vorteile: Basic Funder is very easy to get started with. We have been using it for over 5 years and find it very easy to work with. We are a small non-profit, so the cost was a big factor - we don't feel we've "given up" anything - and the support is very responsive!

Nachteile: The "in memory" and "in honor of" letters and notifications are a little awkward in that you have to set up each honoree individually and link to recipient. Once you figure it out, it's easy!

Hard to live without

Bewertet am 20.1.2017
Tom G.
Development Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BasicFunder has the flexibility and built-in-intelligence to understand our development and fundraising needs. Off the shelf, it provides a robust platform for gathering and managing data and transforming that data into meaningful information. When there are questions or issues, BasicFunder staff are very quick to respond. The program is easy to use, but I would encourage new users to be sure that they understand the underlying logic of the database before entering too much information. The program comes with a sample database so you can play without damaging any data.

Vorteile: robust, ability to customize reports, fields that are intelligent to the real world (I don't have to shoe-horn data into obscure or wrongly-titled fields), quick support

Nachteile: This is necessarily a complex software, so it takes some 'playing' to understand it. This isn't a fault of the software'just a bit of a learning curve that is inherent in data management for fundraising.

Wonderful!!!!!!! We Love It!! You cannot go wrong purchasing this software.

Bewertet am 5.7.2017
Mary T.
Office Manger
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to enter and retrieve information very, very quickly. Reports didn't take too long to learn, the manual is a great help. IN Honor & IN MEMORY setup is much better. Not as many screens to go through to just enter name, address etc. Being a non-profit of home delivered meals we are able to quickly enter what we need.

Vorteile: Very, Very easy to learn and use and the cost is unbelievable, soooooo much cheaper than others and better to work with. Support is wonderful also.

Nachteile: The "edit" button on the pages and the red " Delete the currently selected User Created List". right under the Preview & Export tab in User created lists under reports. In the setup for Honor and Memory you cannot use an apostrophe. But so much better even with these cons, you can deal with it no problem.

BasicFunder has fantastic customer service.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Amber L.
Development Director

Vorteile: The customer service we've received from BasicFunder has been FANTASTIC. They are always very helpful in answering our questions and expanding the program to meet our needs.

Nachteile: Some of the functions are a bit complicated and confusing. Sometimes, reports have to be run a very precise way or it will give you the wrong numbers.

I used BasicFunder to set up our Development office 6 yrs. ago and it has served me well ever since

Bewertet am 22.8.2017
Shirley C.
Director of Development & Marketing
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's useful and affordable.

Vorteile: It's relatively easy to use and when I don't understand something, your support service is readily available.

Nachteile: There are features on BasicFunder that I still don't use because I don't really know what they're for or how to use them. I guess I need a refresher.

BasicFunder is an excellent product.

Bewertet am 3.1.2017
Christine D.
Administrative Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BasicFunder is easy to navigate and the support is superior! Every time, I needed to create a spreadsheet report, Customer Support has provided easy step by step instructions.

Vorteile: Ease of navigation Great support!

Nachteile: No cons.

Investment Worthy

Bewertet am 8.1.2012
Daniel E.
Assistant Treasurer

Kommentare: I highly recommend this program.

Vorteile: This program is simple and packed fully of powerful tools for a reasonable price. After initially setting up the program, I was able to show others how to enter contributions and produce receipts and reports in very quick order. I have installed the program for our church and a volunteer pregnancy care center. I have recommended to two other firms. This is not a bookkeeping program like QuickBooks, it is a donation receipting and volunteer tracking program. It allows you to track and reports on donations by donors, events, funds, appeals, etc. It does what QuickBooks non-profit version cannot and will not do. The program does interact directly with QuickBooks posting financial information in either summary or detail. BasicFunder gives us the reports needed. And the customer support gets a 5-Star rating (Thanks to Walter). I highly recommend BasicFunder for churches and para-church organizations.

Nachteile: While you may not need to send things often to Microsoft Word, when you do, it exports things in RichText format. This will be frustrating to some.

von Jellyware an 10.1.2012

Thank you for the review.

Once I had help with some of the set up, I love this program

Bewertet am 8.5.2017
Debbie R.
Bookkeeper

Vorteile: The reports that are able to be produced. Mostly I love the software program and recommend it. The customer support is very helpful and always willing to take the time to explain.

Nachteile: Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to produce - if it is not a common report.
But this may also have been easier for other people.

von Jellyware an 8.5.2017

Our built-in "common" reporting is very easy as you said. Just select the report, date range and filtering you want. These are all point and click.

Debbie, you are referring to our ad hoc - User Created Lists - where you build your own by specify the fields and criteria to select the records to make your own special report. Yes - it can take a bit of time to understand the data and structure in order to use this function easily.

Thank you for the review!!

Best Tracker for Volunteers!

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Ashley D.
Office Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We use this product for our volunteer database. It allows us to keep track of volunteer hours, events, and their personal information. It is so easy to make a group and contact that group of volunteers for a certain event. Direct mail is our best friend for saving time when it comes to getting information out.

Nachteile: I use this product a few times a week, and I have no complaints! It is a great addition to our non-profit!

Basic Funder Review

Bewertet am 12.2.2015
Bob B.

Kommentare: We have been using BasicFunder for a little over 4 months. The data migration was almost painless. There are always a few hiccups of things that need tweaking after importing from another system. The support has been the best I've seen for any product. Always get back to you same day sometimes within minutes. They make customizations for you almost instantly. The product does more than most similar products and at an affordable price! If it doesn't do what you want they will make sure it does. The interface takes a bit of getting use to as you can tell its designed by a programmer but it has all the features we need and has automated some things like generating month end fund reports. It creates multiple files automatically which is ideal for non profits that need to send a fund report to fund managers. Great Product and superb support!

von Jellyware an 12.2.2015

Bob: We are not finished yet.. we will work harder to improve out user interface and user experience.

Thank you for your insight and kind remarks.

Basic Funder Ease of Use

Bewertet am 15.8.2014
Danielle K.
Campaign Manager

Kommentare: In having never worked with a software program that centered around fund raising before, I wasn't sure what to expect. At first it seemed like a lot to take in, but as I learned how to use the features on Basic Funder, I have become very pleased with this program. I am able to enter in the pledges, assign the donor to a group and have the banking even labeled as to where the funds have been allotted to. I use the reports in multiple fields to cross reconcile and check for errors from the data entry level. I haven't used the excel spread sheets yet, however, I have printed reports on my donors by their donation amounts and have been able to better communicate with them based on their donations amounts and the frequency of their giving, which can be all tracked. There is still a lot for me to learn about Basic Funder, as I am certain that there are more features that I could use that would better serve my purposes. Overall I am very pleased with this program.

User Review

Bewertet am 5.1.2012
Lori P.
Administrator

Kommentare: I would recommend (and have) to any non-profit organization that wants complete information on their donor base and outreach to buy this product for its functionality and ease of use.

Vorteile: Customer Support is direct access to the program's designer, complete full answers, solutions and friendly.
The database is easy to learn to use and has many functions built in. It is limitless (or so it seems) in the number of donors you can have in the database. Reports are quick and can include a lot of information. There are tools for analysis and statistics and many other functions. The letters to donors are completely customizable and changes are very simple.

Nachteile: There is nothing bad about this product that I can think of.

von Jellyware an 6.1.2012

Your organization was one of our first customers, it's hard to believe is has been 10+ years!

An amazing software for nonprofits that allows you to manage events while

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Nanny

Vorteile: Basic Funder is a great software for events needing registration as well as ticket sales. Not only does it offer these great features but it collects information and gives you data for the funds you have made.

Nachteile: I didn't find anything I disliked about basic funder! I would recommend to anyone in the nonprofit field.

von Jellyware an 6.5.2018

Thank you fro the review. Event management is not a primary feature of BasicFunder but it is a simple tool to assist in registration and administration of an event.

Basic funder review

Bewertet am 13.1.2012
Louis H.
Bishop's Appeal administrator

Kommentare: A very good program with a lot of potential. I look forward to working with Basic Funder. I thank Walter for the excellent support and progarm.

Vorteile: The program is easy to use and enhancements are made to make the program that much better. The customer support is fantastic with help just a phone call away. The screen is visually appealing and easy to navigate.Reports are what we want and need. Other reports can be created easily. We have used the program for two diocesan appeals and I am still learning new features that will help get the job done faster.

Nachteile: There is not much that I can say that is negative. When i have asked for support it was provided. When I needed enhancements they were made.

Great Software for Charities

Bewertet am 25.8.2014
Sharon L.
Bookkeeper

Kommentare: We chose Basic Funder because it seemed to have all we needed to track the donations for our charity at a reasonable price. When I started working with it, I realized it had the potential to do so much more than I even needed!
Though sometimes I think the program is a bit too congested in the amount of information on the screen, once you are used to what you have to do, it's very easy to input.
I also LOVE that the entries can be uploaded into QuickBooks so no more double entries!!
Support is always available with a quick phone call, and Walter is very knowledgeable and helpful. He will not stop until a solution is found and he believes that you understand how to continue on.

BasicFunder comes out on top

Bewertet am 30.9.2014
Joe K.
Treasurer

Kommentare: In my review of various software applications which would allow our small non-profit organization to track donations, I discovered BasicFunder which did the job for us in three important ways: 1) BasicFunder was easy to use and very straightforward to set up; 2) I found an energetic user of this software at another non-proit who confirmed what I discovered; 3) this software was far less expensive than other software I had reviewed. After purchasing this software for our organization I urged another non-profit with which I'm associated to seriously consider this software and they did purchase BasicFunder also. Keep up the good work!

Happy Customer:)

Bewertet am 6.11.2014
Dawn L.
Bursar

Kommentare: We have been using Basic Funder for over 7 years now and it keeps getting better and better. All of our donor information is accessible in one place, and we can run reports for every type of data/information required. Being multi-user is great for us as a staff team with our previous database only one person could open it and work on it at a time. The customer support is really excellent; several times we have requested additional functionality and it has been added. Basic Funder is great value for money, it integrates with other programmes which is very helpful and it does everything we need it to.

Review of Basic Funder 2014

Bewertet am 30.9.2014
Diana W.
Operations Manager

Kommentare: I have been working at Rebuilding Together Southern Nevada for 3 and a half years and was introduced to Basic Funder in this office. I previously worked for a non-profit and their program for database information was haphazard and very difficult to work with and maintain. Basic Funder is not difficult to use and the tech support is excellent. I have been able to call or e-mail and get help right away. I am still learning all the nuances of Basic Funder and find it to be a very impressive product.

BasicFunder - Great CRM Program

Bewertet am 23.9.2014
Nancy M.
Executive Director

Kommentare: Basic Funder was the program being used when I began working at the Methow Chamber Music Festival. The program is easy to use upon log-in. It was refreshing to be able to go right to work entering donations, creating thank you letters, mass e-mails and donor data. The icing on the cake was the day I needed to transfer the data to a new computer. The Staff was very helpful and it was, in the end, very easy to upload the new program before transferring the data.

Great database, affordable cost

Bewertet am 19.9.2014
Lori G.
Executive Director

Kommentare: We switched to Basic Funder from an old database and we are thrilled with the results. We are able to gain much more knowledge and information and tailor the reports to suit our needs. The support is fantastic - anytime we weren't sure how to do something, the answer was simply a phone call or email away.
I am very pleased with Basic Funder and would recommend it to other non-profit organizations without hesitation.

Basic Funder Review- 4 months after install

Bewertet am 16.1.2015
Jodie D.

Kommentare: This is a great product and it helped us get our donor database organized. It so much easier to send out receipts, input donor information and get up to date reports. It takes a little bit of playing around to learn how to use the reports to their full capability but i think the learning curve is less than most databases. I only regret not getting it earlier.