Über Practice Fusion

Practice Fusion ist ein cloudbasiertes eGA-System in den USA für eigenständige Praxen. Teste die Lösung 14 Tage lang kostenlos.

Erfahre mehr über Practice Fusion

Very little way to fix mistakes when sending out referrals to other specialists and radiology.

Bewertungen zu Practice Fusion

3,9
3,2
3,5
3,8

Practice Fusion hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 423 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Practice Fusion bereits verwendet?

Latrice
Latrice
Medical Assistant in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I've been using Practice Fusion for a little over a year and I'd have to say it's so easy to use.

Kommentare: The benefits greatly outweigh the disadvantages. I always have a peace of mind using this software with every use. I never have any issues logging in and if was to ever, resetting password is super easy. You have the option of resetting through a simple text to your phone or email with a 6 digit code to reset password. You can also access this software from anywhere in case you may need to adjust the schedule during non business hours.

What I like most about this software is the navigation. Out of all the other EHR softwares, I grasp quickly to the ease of use. I like how the schedule, charts, task, messages etc. are layed out. It's a great EHR for first time Medical staff such as Medical Receptionist and Medical Assistants.

Well no EHR software is perfect but I can honestly say that the only thing I wish could be better is how to search for patients by previous encounters.

Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great budget option if you don't need customization

Kommentare: I initially implemented the product when it was a standalone product offered for free. It was an ambitious but limited piece of software that was eventually sold to Allscripts. Very soon after, the business model shifted from selling aggregated data and in-product advertising to a subscription model, but still remains very inexpensive. The system is very rigid in that it does not offer a lot of options for customizing or the ability to develop workflows specific to a practice, but it has all of the basics as well as some features that other vendors charge extra for (lab integrations, patient portal, etc.). For a more robust feature set, you may need to use the limited number of third-part integrations that are offered, which will have additional costs associated. Overall, it's one of the quickest and easiest EHR systems I've setup (eCW/Nextgen/Aria) and it works well because of the universal design/limited options. If you can get it to fit most of your needs (and you get a free trial to figure that out), then you probably won't find many options that can compete with it on price. If you have a large office and complicated systems, you might find other systems provide a better value proposition.

Easy implementation (up and running in a day). Reasonably good feature set (lab integration, call and text reminders, patient portal). Very competitive price. Free to try.

Very little customization. Initial navigation is not very intuitive. Requires annual commitment. Additional features use third party integrations and have additional costs associated. Lack of device integration.

President in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good program

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Well designed, well priced, good lay out

Tough to get in touch with customer service at times

Elizabeth

Not a Good Choice for Mental Health Professionals

Kommentare: This software often felt way too busy and clunky for my needs. I started shopping for software specifically made for mental health. I test drove a bunch of new software programs. Simple Practice was my choice. It does everything I need at a price I can afford. It is also very simple and intuitive by design. I can accept credit cards and conduct HIPPA-secure tele-sessions through the site. They offered an easy way to do mental status exams and treatment plans. Not so in Practice Fusion.

It allowed me to use it at no charge for many years. This was helpful for me as a solo practitioner with high overhead costs.

This software is not built with mental health in mind. There is no way to customize the interface for the specific needs of my occupation. There were a lot of annoying pop-ups that I had to deal with that did not apply to mental health providers. The most frustrating thing was attempting to work with the calendar. It was impossible to review my schedule on my mobile phone because the calendar was not optimized for mobile. Another feature that did not work well was the client search feature. No matter how many times I would type in certain clients' names, the search box would not recognize or find the client. Also, there was no quick way to add a client unless I had all of the pertinent client data on hand. Most solo MH providers are wearing all of the "hats" in the practice and are trying to schedule new clients during the one or two minutes they have between sessions. Sometimes all we have to go by during that time is a name and contact number. My biggest complaint is that client data cannot be exported via CSV or Excel format. This is a big issue when you have to change software.

Chief Operating Officer in USA

Great Stand-Alone EMR

Kommentare: Overall Practice Fusion is a pretty great EMR. The connectivity to back end service (the billing aspect) is not great, but there are plenty of things that make the software worth it, including clinical decision making support, drug interaction reminders/warnings and the ability to e-prescribe.

Practice Fusion was very easy to set up and very user friendly to utilize. The system has a built in system of shared templates that can be customized to fit your practice and save your healthcare providers a substantial amount of time. The connectivity associated with e-prescribing is also a great feature that allows providers and staff to save time by e-prescribing directly from patient charts. Overall, for the price, Practice Fusion is a great prodcut.

Some of the things that I think Practice Fusion could improve upon are the interconnectability between Practice Fusion and billing third-party billing softwares. Unfortunately, when connecting with your billing software, we have a significant amount of billing "clean up," and "claim scrubbing," work to do which can be pretty frustrating. Also, Practice Fusion also is requiring individuals to pay for updates to ICD-10 for 2021. I would respectfully suggest that if you offer an EMR, a portion of your product should automatically include ICD-10 updates. The system also currently lacks the ability to verify insurance eligibility for Medicare and Medicaid patients. Lastly, Practice Fusion just underwent a price increase, which is disappointing to some extent but hopefully these increase will address some of the issues described above.

Maulik
Chief Financial Officer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Practical for Small Offices

Kommentare: It's a great product for a single or 1-2 provider group. Anything larger and you'll need a better EHR/EMR product.

The ease of use. Practice fusion was very easy to learn and use. I set this product up for a single-provider practice in a quick transition from Athena. I didn't have to sit for hours training the provider on how to use PF as it's very easy to use on a daily basis.

Lack of features. The ability or lack there of to manipulate templates, create documents, receive faxes, lab results, etc. You had to set it up with only the providers that integrate with PF.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beware of the limitations

Kommentare: Customer service is poor. Phone support is essentially non-existent. E-mail support is hit or miss. If you ask about how to do something that the program doesn't do they will just ignore your question. The documentation about how to set up the patient portal or even how to know what it looks like to the patient is lacking. Training videos overly simplistic. Pricing structure limits the number of staff per provider that can access the software. They lock you in to a contract period with no cancellation option until the time is up.

Cloud based with straight forward and uncluttered user interface. Easy to set up key phrases and text shortcuts. Scheduling works about as expected. Integrated e-prescribing works better than some other ehr products.

All scanned outside documents are stored in a separate database from the patient's chart - i.e. you can't access that scanned specialty report from the patient's chart, you have to look it up separately. No place to enter the results of in-office lab testing. No true charting templates.

Pebble
Medical Director, Owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Frustrated with Customer Service

e_prescribing is good and overall the EMR is not terribly annoying for me as a medical provider. It does not include good features for my therapist colleagues.

It is now expensive and the support is minimal. The terms of subscription are inflexible and chat support is non responsive to requests for help including simply providing contact to advance a concern to decision makers in the company

Melody
Admin Assistant in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Practice Fusion the easy EMR system

Kommentare: The program is great for keeping track of all out patients information, communicating with everyone associated with the practice, and it is very user friendly. If you do run into a problem the support staff are always available and almost always solve your problems!

The software is user friendly. The support help people are fantastic at walking you through while you try to trouble shoot! The program is tied to Updox which is another amazing program.

There are a few gliches with the system and we are unable to add all attachments to referrals. If you send a document to the chart you are unable to attached it when faxing out a referral.

Shannon
Shannon
Five Element Acupuncturist in USA

now expensive EHR for features

Kommentare: it was a nice switch after paper charting

I used to love PF, as it was free to use, and was easy to fax/ email chart notes to other providers. it has easily customization templates, and can integrate billing, and help you catch chart notes with no super bill submitted pretty easily

I do not like the new pricing structure. It is much more expensive than similar EHRs, and the interface is not as nice, or as easy to use across modalities.

Justin
Physician and Surgeon in USA

Unprofessional, unethical, incompetent

Kommentare: I gave them a list of my complaints, not the least of which was that my trainer couldn't even explain the use of templates on their system. Also their knowledge base is completely unhelpful. Their response was to breach contract by shutting down my access to the EMR. I have a full schedule on the next business day and now have no EMR. These people are criminals! Stay far away!!!!

It does some EMR like stuff. It looks nice. The price is right. That's about it.

Too many to list. Their customer service is unprofessional and unethical. They have answers to nothing. They always refer me to the suggestion board when I ask about why a feature isn't present that is a standard part of medical practice since forever. The suggestion board is where suggestions go to die. Seriously, there are good suggestions on there from 5+ years ago that have been ignored. All of my suggestions, again part of medicine since forever, have sat there awaiting the moderator to clear them for over a month!

Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect fit for our small practice, definitely one of the best EHR platforms available

Kommentare: Working with Practice Fusion has been a positive experience overall and I can't imagine what our first year in business would have been like without it. The last thing any practice wants to worry about or have issues with is is an EHR platform. Practice Fusion has been a solid system, allowing us to operate effectively on a daily basis and focus on growing our practice. The cost is definitely worth it (even though it was free when we started!) and Practice Fusion is by far one of the best EHR platforms available today. We won't be switching EHR systems anytime soon.

When we were opening our practice almost a year ago, there were 3 main EHR platforms we were considering. After the demos and in-depth trials, we ended up choosing Practice Fusion because of the clean interface, ease of use, add-on features, and integration options. We felt that Practice Fusion would allow us to customize our EHR system over time, building and adding only what we want. Having used Practice Fusion since beginning our business, we have been really pleased overall. It serves all of our current needs and has helped our practice run smoothly and efficiently. Practice Fusion is convenient to access online, has useful templates for charting, is intuitively navigable, and produces documents/reports that are clear and professional in appearance. Practice Fusion has been a great fit for us so far.

I would say that the main issue we run into with Practice Fusion is subpar customer support. While there is an option to chat with a live representative, the wait time can be excessive. When I finally connect with an agent (if I haven't moved onto something else and forgotten about waiting), the quality of the help that I receive is hit-or-miss. Also, there are a couple of minor things that I am hoping will be addressed (being able to search for patients by nickname/preferred name, documenting meds that have been called in vs. sent electronically, etc.), but no EHR platform is perfect and Practice Fusion is definitely the best system I have used thus far.

Alice
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Benefits do NOT outweigh the risks

Kommentare: Once your new user status is up, and the likelihood of you switching EHR's is very low, there will be no support, and no accountability. With ever changing regulations, payer policies, clinical guidelines, drugs and technologies on market, certification requirements and on and on, do you really need to worry about how your EMR is going to force another change on your practice and livelihood.

simplistic design, customizable templates, integrated calendar that answering service can use for scheduling, used to be free

Labs do not get attached to referrals. As a Nephrologist immersed in lab results, this is a key function for me! When remedy ticket is created, the representative talks in circles, sometimes taking a week to reply. One rep finally acknowledged this was a known issue. One year later, I contacted cust service to request a full data extraction to migrate to another EHR. Same run around. Tried the live chat, no one came to chat, not even a chatbot. Tried the service phone line. Following prompts for "patients and providers with accounts", the recording directs patients to their providers, then disconnects without even addressing provider issues. Tried a different prompt on customer service line, placed on hold by recording, then a live person comes on just to put me on hold for another 5 minutes before I get disconnected. The direct messaging function for other PF users stings. The messages or attachments cannot be recognized as a consult or lab result etc, only as message. lab or imaging orders that are still outstanding do not produce alerts. No shows do not produce alerts. Billing issues do not produce alerts. These factors make PF a glorified blog with minimal extra functions rather than a true EHR. Their attempts at assisting in clinical decision making fails. It is geared mostly for primary care physicians. ex: If the patients last BP was suboptimal, there will be an annoying banner to tell you the last BP was suboptimal. I'm a Nephrologist, patients with easy to control BP do not get referred to me, I don't need a distracting banner for this, or to remind me to ask patients if they have urinary incontinence, or screen them for HCV. You can bank on a reminder to screen for lipids when they get an advertising account from a statin maker. The fact that their previous CEO advertised that "PF is free and will always be free for providers", and now they are charging a monthly fee or will hold your charts indefinitely should tell you that PF is not a company to be trusted. There is a high likelihood of future drastic changes in cost or service since many clients are captive by the difficulties of changing EHR's.

Lynette
Nurse Practitioner in

PF review

Kommentare: Given that it's free, I don't feel I have the right to complain too much, however, customer service has NEVER been a strong suit in the 3+ yrs I have used PF in various settings. I live in MI and don't understand why I can't yet e-scribe controlled substances in my state when other EMR's have been for quite some time. Having to create emails for more than one practice is absurd because then you have to remember all those emails should you ever need to reset certain things. I have made a few recommendations over the years and none of them were, I guess, important enough to consider. Lastly, the fact that you can't get rid of test results that were sent to you in error makes it look like you have more unfinished business in your EMR, and there have been no easy fixes to this. The one fix I was given I don't even remember because it would require triple the time to get rid of them from my account, and this just isn't a priority with me right now. It fills a need right now, but I am having to look for another EMR just because it's not meeting my current needs in all levels. Sad to say, but it's too bad this can't be fixed.

That it's free, fairly easy to use, but not always simple. Has gotten better over the years.

when creating a superbill, often sends a message "fix validation errors" before you can save as ready to bill, but no errors are listed or highlighted......WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?! The only solution I have found, to date, is to go through and start erasing diagnoses, one by one until I can save. Then, I know I am losing revenue because I have had to erase so many! Also, not being able to save partial info (name but no bday) means you can't save a few steps ahead and make it easier to begin with a new pt....or partial insurance info until you can actually get/see a copy of their cards. Medication interactions are often incorrect or marked as urgent yet when I contact the pharmacy, they don't have the same interactions listed on their system to worry about....and those stupid yellow drop-down reminders do nothing but get in my way. Searching for new pharmacies is sometimes difficult because it won't bring up the correct one.

Yan
OD in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

OD

Kommentare: I think of it this way. It has been free for so many years. I have participate Meaningful Use before and got incentive payments. That means I even made money without investment. In general, I don't blame the previous owner. I guess when it was difficult to continue the business as is, there has to be a change.

I customized templates myself to optimize the charting workflow in the past. It was much more efficient and accurate than the new EHR I just started to use (1/4 of time). I only need charting and billing for exam payment before. Now I need dispensary and manage inventory, I have to use a full EHR for OD. It was just about the timing PF stopped offering free version. So I didn't use the paid version. I can still view my previous charting and appointment records through PF. That is good. But I was a little bit frustrated with new way of maneuvering through charting. I even debate keeping both EHR to give myself peaceful mind.

Obviously not free anymore. Free forever? I didn't even believe it from the very beginning. It sounds right to get paid by advertisement. But, it is not something that is sufficient and guaranteed forever.

Shirish
Practice Director/CFO in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I have been using the free version of PracticeFusion for over 3 years now and am generally happy

Kommentare: It serves as a nice EHR for our Physician's practice. Also i got valuable help from the PF technical support team when i was trying to integrate this EHR with our billing software Kareo.

The software has been easy to use. Until now most of my questions were answered in a timely fashion.

Since introducing the subscription model this company has changed a lot. I have two locations with two separate instances of PF for historical reason. Since we have one Dr at both those locations i would like to combine them into one. I have already signed up for the subscription at our main location. However it is almost impossible to get someone from Technical Support to talk to. I am an IT person myself and am convinced that my problem will be solved within 5 minutes if only i could talk to the right person. The customer rep that called to collect my subscription has a phone number that just hangs up when called and she NEVER responds to emails. This is not customer service that I am used to in the USA - even third-world countries have better customer service.....

Joel

Practice Fusion User

Kommentare: Too much clutter on notes. Not good platform for specialists / surgeons
Customer service and technical help very sub-par - seems like too small of a company

cloud based reasonable monthly cost for small practice Soap Note templating allows variable options within a templated diagnosis searching dx codes is made easy

customer service and technical help is pretty much non-existent with this company. rigid parameters / fields that do not adjust - such as creation and templating of procedure notes and operative notes have to be in SOAP format which I would prefer these encounters appear as a separate note type unable to save frequent prescribing habits so each time a medicine is given it takes significant time for electronic prescribing significant clutter on the notes, however fields that are required for standard medical billing such as Review of Systems and standard fields such as past surgical history not unable to include dx codes into templates (only words) so templating speeds up workflow but then slows down if using electronic billing because each diagnosis has to be re-entered Rigid parameters for meaningful use reporting. So the options don't apply to specialists

Jill
Office Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Adequate for a small practice

Kommentare: For our therapists, Practice Fusion has always allowed a highly customizable chart note function. From the billing side, there is room for improving automating charting to superbilling.

Practice Fusion integrates with a handful of billing softwares and generally works fine for EHR functions for a small practice. There are a few buggy things that have not been worked out as they went from a free software to a per provider subscription, but they do seem to continue to add features that help with efficiency and seamless processing of medical transactions.

Little bugs, ie, a date range filter that will not respond to the calendar and so must always be manually typed. To get these annoyances addressed technical support first requires checking internet speed and other hardware factors that are already verified sufficient and have nothing to do with the simple coding issue at hand. Also, superbilling is missing some automation from the chart note to the bill that is found in many other EHRs.

Todd
Licensed Psychologist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Good product but not built for the needs of Psychologists

Kommentare: I had great customer service. I had great support when needed. I "learned" the onion layers and was able use the EHR initially with little training.

Like all EHRs learning the "onion skin layers" to be able to move through the features easily took me awhile. I was repeating often and looking for things since it was not initially intuitive when moving through the EHR. Once I did become familiar with the "layers" I was able to move through the EHR quickly and easily. The Templates were very helpful, especially the ability to share with other users on the EHR.

For me the lack of attention to the specific needs of Psychologists in the EHR as well as the ever increasing price of the EHR caused me to look to other EHR forms. I developed "work arounds" for myself as a Psychologist using the EHR.

Dr. Debra
Physician/ Owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

For our 2 person practice, this software allowed us to become electronic and meet all requirements.

Kommentare: It allowed us to become electronic at no cost and provided us with the means to meet all the governmental requirements and receive incentives. It is cloud -based so we can access our records from anywhere - it's useful when we are on call and can review the records. We have most of our patients request electronic refills which is much faster than any other way to prescribe and patients appreciate that their prescription is already at the pharmacy. It also allows you to make your own flowsheets to individualize your records. I recommend it highly.

The COST and the way Practice Fusion is continually responding to our suggestions and constantly improving itself. We also started using other vendors we learned about from Practice Fusion like Updox which is an electronic fax program.

most of our large labs and all of our radiology do not interface with Practice Fusion so the paper copy needs to be scanned and put in chart.

Jaime
Office Manager in USA

Technical issues takes weeks to months to fix or never get fixed at all.

It was free and user friendly. Very basic and simple EHR for a start up or small practice. Best features are cloud based, online scheduler, email reminders, and pinned notes that was just recently added.

Not customizable, poor response time on fixing IT issues. Sometimes issues never get fixed at all. Cannot modify online booking time slots. If a new patient books online it will automatically default to 30 minutes. We need an hour for new patients and this created many overbooking issues. Cannot print multiple medical records or super bills at once. I have to go to each visit and print them out individually rather then choose a date range of visits. Very time consuming. Cannot search patients by phone number. The appointment reminders do not interface with google calendars, therefore when patients received email reminders from practice fusion, the time would be off one hour confusing the patient.

Lori
LCSW - Owner/Operator in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly but missing inclusion of LCSW/LMSW as owners of medical practice

Kommentare: This is a wonderful system and I love it - unfortunately as owner of my clinic and having a prescriber work for me
the system does not officially allow for this so I had to call and was instructed how to sign on as administrator/owner
I would hope in the future that they change this and add in more therapy practitioners as participants as well.

Super user friendly in writing notes - wonderful prescriber friendly e-prescribe services Easy to use without a lot of need for support services Easy to use scheduling

No button for Social work the way things are printed out is limiting If a note is populated you can not always delete it - even thought you did not see the patient - if you check them in by accident and go back and fix it - it still generates a note that you can not delete.

Gina
Chief Medical Director in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Practice Fusion will refuse you access to your records without notice.

Kommentare: Worst experience I have ever had with a company. I warn everyone I can to stay away from them because they lock you out and get you back in then do it again several weeks later.

It is user-friendly. I loved the customizable templates. ECPS was awesome. The software is great; getting locked out on a regular basis negated every positive experience.

I like the software. The problem was that every couple of weeks they would lock me out and instead of seeing patients, I would have to get on the phone with them to have the let me back into the system. I was spending more time on the phone trying to get them to let me in than I was able to see patients.

JOANN
Prescriber in USA

Practice Fusion review

Kommentare: They will no longer be free. I have been trying to get the 30 day special to only pay lesser as they sent me a coupon to redeem. Thought I'd try for a year. Every time I click on the link, it says price which is more than the amount mentioned on coupon. I have called several times, no one ever available, no one returns my calls. Instead get emails with directions that also don't work. Worst company ever, don't pay for it. it was free but now will have to pay, not worth it. It was easy to escribe the EMR was not helpful but since it was free used it for prescribing. Now they want to charge and I cant even get help setting that up

It does not keep a current list of pts. If you havent gone into the chart after 3 weeks you have to search for patient by DOB. If you need customer support forget it.

Patti
Patient Care Manager in USA

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Kommentare: HORRIBLE. Getting an email response takes days. They cancelled a SCHEDULED phone call with me 15 minutes before the call via email. ZERO RESPONSE or recourse. Unable to actually SPEAK with anyone. Have waited over 40 minutes on hold with zero response.- multiple times.

Ease of access from anywhere. That is all I have to say about that.

Teaching videos are too fast and teach very little.