Über Practice Fusion

Practice Fusion ist ein cloudbasiertes eGA-System in den USA für eigenständige Praxen. Teste die Lösung 14 Tage lang kostenlos.

Erfahre mehr über Practice Fusion

User and beginner friendly, thorough without being too complicated.

Very little way to fix mistakes when sending out referrals to other specialists and radiology.

Bewertungen zu Practice Fusion

3,9
3,2
3,5
3,8

Practice Fusion hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 424 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Practice Fusion bereits verwendet?

Latrice
Latrice
Medical Assistant in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I've been using Practice Fusion for a little over a year and I'd have to say it's so easy to use.

Kommentare: The benefits greatly outweigh the disadvantages. I always have a peace of mind using this software with every use. I never have any issues logging in and if was to ever, resetting password is super easy. You have the option of resetting through a simple text to your phone or email with a 6 digit code to reset password. You can also access this software from anywhere in case you may need to adjust the schedule during non business hours.

What I like most about this software is the navigation. Out of all the other EHR softwares, I grasp quickly to the ease of use. I like how the schedule, charts, task, messages etc. are layed out. It's a great EHR for first time Medical staff such as Medical Receptionist and Medical Assistants.

Well no EHR software is perfect but I can honestly say that the only thing I wish could be better is how to search for patients by previous encounters.

Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great budget option if you don't need customization

Kommentare: I initially implemented the product when it was a standalone product offered for free. It was an ambitious but limited piece of software that was eventually sold to Allscripts. Very soon after, the business model shifted from selling aggregated data and in-product advertising to a subscription model, but still remains very inexpensive. The system is very rigid in that it does not offer a lot of options for customizing or the ability to develop workflows specific to a practice, but it has all of the basics as well as some features that other vendors charge extra for (lab integrations, patient portal, etc.). For a more robust feature set, you may need to use the limited number of third-part integrations that are offered, which will have additional costs associated. Overall, it's one of the quickest and easiest EHR systems I've setup (eCW/Nextgen/Aria) and it works well because of the universal design/limited options. If you can get it to fit most of your needs (and you get a free trial to figure that out), then you probably won't find many options that can compete with it on price. If you have a large office and complicated systems, you might find other systems provide a better value proposition.

Easy implementation (up and running in a day). Reasonably good feature set (lab integration, call and text reminders, patient portal). Very competitive price. Free to try.

Very little customization. Initial navigation is not very intuitive. Requires annual commitment. Additional features use third party integrations and have additional costs associated. Lack of device integration.

Elizabeth
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Not a Good Choice for Mental Health Professionals

Kommentare: This software often felt way too busy and clunky for my needs. I started shopping for software specifically made for mental health. I test drove a bunch of new software programs. Simple Practice was my choice. It does everything I need at a price I can afford. It is also very simple and intuitive by design. I can accept credit cards and conduct HIPPA-secure tele-sessions through the site. They offered an easy way to do mental status exams and treatment plans. Not so in Practice Fusion.

It allowed me to use it at no charge for many years. This was helpful for me as a solo practitioner with high overhead costs.

This software is not built with mental health in mind. There is no way to customize the interface for the specific needs of my occupation. There were a lot of annoying pop-ups that I had to deal with that did not apply to mental health providers. The most frustrating thing was attempting to work with the calendar. It was impossible to review my schedule on my mobile phone because the calendar was not optimized for mobile. Another feature that did not work well was the client search feature. No matter how many times I would type in certain clients' names, the search box would not recognize or find the client. Also, there was no quick way to add a client unless I had all of the pertinent client data on hand. Most solo MH providers are wearing all of the "hats" in the practice and are trying to schedule new clients during the one or two minutes they have between sessions. Sometimes all we have to go by during that time is a name and contact number. My biggest complaint is that client data cannot be exported via CSV or Excel format. This is a big issue when you have to change software.

Leena
Md in USA

Practice fusion doctor perspective

Kommentare: Was good very user friendly easy to train new staff ease of understanding

Easy to use was free gives free transfers once user friendly

Cost they increased price suddenly her was working really well but cost was pretty high and was using office ally for billing

Chief Operating Officer in USA

Great Stand-Alone EMR

Kommentare: Overall Practice Fusion is a pretty great EMR. The connectivity to back end service (the billing aspect) is not great, but there are plenty of things that make the software worth it, including clinical decision making support, drug interaction reminders/warnings and the ability to e-prescribe.

Practice Fusion was very easy to set up and very user friendly to utilize. The system has a built in system of shared templates that can be customized to fit your practice and save your healthcare providers a substantial amount of time. The connectivity associated with e-prescribing is also a great feature that allows providers and staff to save time by e-prescribing directly from patient charts. Overall, for the price, Practice Fusion is a great prodcut.

Some of the things that I think Practice Fusion could improve upon are the interconnectability between Practice Fusion and billing third-party billing softwares. Unfortunately, when connecting with your billing software, we have a significant amount of billing "clean up," and "claim scrubbing," work to do which can be pretty frustrating. Also, Practice Fusion also is requiring individuals to pay for updates to ICD-10 for 2021. I would respectfully suggest that if you offer an EMR, a portion of your product should automatically include ICD-10 updates. The system also currently lacks the ability to verify insurance eligibility for Medicare and Medicaid patients. Lastly, Practice Fusion just underwent a price increase, which is disappointing to some extent but hopefully these increase will address some of the issues described above.

Maulik
Chief Financial Officer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Practical for Small Offices

Kommentare: It's a great product for a single or 1-2 provider group. Anything larger and you'll need a better EHR/EMR product.

The ease of use. Practice fusion was very easy to learn and use. I set this product up for a single-provider practice in a quick transition from Athena. I didn't have to sit for hours training the provider on how to use PF as it's very easy to use on a daily basis.

Lack of features. The ability or lack there of to manipulate templates, create documents, receive faxes, lab results, etc. You had to set it up with only the providers that integrate with PF.

Physician in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beware of the limitations

Kommentare: Customer service is poor. Phone support is essentially non-existent. E-mail support is hit or miss. If you ask about how to do something that the program doesn't do they will just ignore your question. The documentation about how to set up the patient portal or even how to know what it looks like to the patient is lacking. Training videos overly simplistic. Pricing structure limits the number of staff per provider that can access the software. They lock you in to a contract period with no cancellation option until the time is up.

Cloud based with straight forward and uncluttered user interface. Easy to set up key phrases and text shortcuts. Scheduling works about as expected. Integrated e-prescribing works better than some other ehr products.

All scanned outside documents are stored in a separate database from the patient's chart - i.e. you can't access that scanned specialty report from the patient's chart, you have to look it up separately. No place to enter the results of in-office lab testing. No true charting templates.

Pebble
Medical Director, Owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Frustrated with Customer Service

e_prescribing is good and overall the EMR is not terribly annoying for me as a medical provider. It does not include good features for my therapist colleagues.

It is now expensive and the support is minimal. The terms of subscription are inflexible and chat support is non responsive to requests for help including simply providing contact to advance a concern to decision makers in the company

Melody
Admin Assistant in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Practice Fusion the easy EMR system

Kommentare: The program is great for keeping track of all out patients information, communicating with everyone associated with the practice, and it is very user friendly. If you do run into a problem the support staff are always available and almost always solve your problems!

The software is user friendly. The support help people are fantastic at walking you through while you try to trouble shoot! The program is tied to Updox which is another amazing program.

There are a few gliches with the system and we are unable to add all attachments to referrals. If you send a document to the chart you are unable to attached it when faxing out a referral.

Gianna
Gianna
Office Supervisor in USA

Practice Fusion has odd limitations and customer support does not resolve glitches quickly.

Kommentare: We benefit by having a free EMR that does electronically send superbills to our billing software (Collaborate MD).

The best part about Practice Fusion is it's free. I'm very excited that for 2018 we can submit Meaningful Use Data through Practice Fusion directly, which is going to save me a lot of time this year.

The scheduler is inefficient - I pushed my company to use CollaborateMD (our billing software) for the scheduler because of how awkward and inefficient Practice Fusion is in this category.

Justin
Physician and Surgeon in USA

Unprofessional, unethical, incompetent

Kommentare: I gave them a list of my complaints, not the least of which was that my trainer couldn't even explain the use of templates on their system. Also their knowledge base is completely unhelpful. Their response was to breach contract by shutting down my access to the EMR. I have a full schedule on the next business day and now have no EMR. These people are criminals! Stay far away!!!!

It does some EMR like stuff. It looks nice. The price is right. That's about it.

Too many to list. Their customer service is unprofessional and unethical. They have answers to nothing. They always refer me to the suggestion board when I ask about why a feature isn't present that is a standard part of medical practice since forever. The suggestion board is where suggestions go to die. Seriously, there are good suggestions on there from 5+ years ago that have been ignored. All of my suggestions, again part of medicine since forever, have sat there awaiting the moderator to clear them for over a month!

Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect fit for our small practice, definitely one of the best EHR platforms available

Kommentare: Working with Practice Fusion has been a positive experience overall and I can't imagine what our first year in business would have been like without it. The last thing any practice wants to worry about or have issues with is is an EHR platform. Practice Fusion has been a solid system, allowing us to operate effectively on a daily basis and focus on growing our practice. The cost is definitely worth it (even though it was free when we started!) and Practice Fusion is by far one of the best EHR platforms available today. We won't be switching EHR systems anytime soon.

When we were opening our practice almost a year ago, there were 3 main EHR platforms we were considering. After the demos and in-depth trials, we ended up choosing Practice Fusion because of the clean interface, ease of use, add-on features, and integration options. We felt that Practice Fusion would allow us to customize our EHR system over time, building and adding only what we want. Having used Practice Fusion since beginning our business, we have been really pleased overall. It serves all of our current needs and has helped our practice run smoothly and efficiently. Practice Fusion is convenient to access online, has useful templates for charting, is intuitively navigable, and produces documents/reports that are clear and professional in appearance. Practice Fusion has been a great fit for us so far.

I would say that the main issue we run into with Practice Fusion is subpar customer support. While there is an option to chat with a live representative, the wait time can be excessive. When I finally connect with an agent (if I haven't moved onto something else and forgotten about waiting), the quality of the help that I receive is hit-or-miss. Also, there are a couple of minor things that I am hoping will be addressed (being able to search for patients by nickname/preferred name, documenting meds that have been called in vs. sent electronically, etc.), but no EHR platform is perfect and Practice Fusion is definitely the best system I have used thus far.

Catherine Chun
Consultant / EHR and MIPS Project Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Practice Fusion is a free EHR system with a good user interface and fluid navigation.

Kommentare: We are grateful this free EHR, it saves us a lot of money. However, we hope Practice Fusion will provide its own billing system for us, and we are willing to pay for the billing service. As we all know that the billing is the most important part of medical clinic.
Thanks!
Catherine Ye

1. Providing good features ( Schedule including online booking, Patient demographics, management documents, E Prescription, Insurance and verification, Immunizations, Allergies, Smoking status, Vital sign, customized templates, Referrals, lab order and receiving results, image order and receiving results, Soap Note, Message, Patient portal and MIPS report) for free. 2. Providing free learning center in Practice Fusion EHR system. 3. Providing a free custom service ( with Phone, Email. Message, Online chat). 4. Providing report for regulatory compliance and qualify for CMS incentives. 5. Practice Fusion provides Cloud based EHR system. So, you can access the EHR system at any time from any places including out of county if you have internet access. 6. HIPAA, ICD-10, CPT, HL7 compliance and ONC certified. 7. Practice Fusion EHR system is easy to learn with very good navigation design. 8. Practice Fusion provides some of useful reports ( Patient, Chart notes, Diagnosis Drug interactions, Allergy interaction, e-Prescription per provider, Medication, Patient lists, Referrals, Appointment, Payer, and Activity feed and audit report).

1. Practice Fusion has no billing management feature although it can been integrated with other billing software. 2. There is Payer list problems with payer codes, and custom service staffer don't know how to solver the issues. 3. Practice Fusion don't provide our own account manager, we have to explain our issuers each time when we contact customer service representatives. 4. We don't have any communication channel with up level staffer and technical engineer. So, when we have technical or want to have better features, we are lack of connection with Practice Fusion EHR desire team member. 5. Because Practice Fusion is free, the integration with labs and image centers are limited and slower. 6. Practice Fusion doesn't provide onsite help, and there are no regional help centers. 7. Lack of billing feature is a good issue. The processor of integration is completed and have a lot of issues with billing software companies. 8. Because of the billing issue, there is a problem to meet the cost requirement for MIPS from CMC . 9. There is no upper level help staff available in Practice Fusion Customer service. 10. Practice Fusion only provide limited reports. There are no billing and financial Reports. Such as, daily, monthly, yearly receivable and revenue reports. 11. We hope Practice Fusion will provide its own billing system for us, and we are willing to pay for the billing service.

Chelsea
Practice Manager in USA

Best EMR by a long shot

I have used practice fusion for the last 5+ years at my office at love it. I especially like the ability to assign different colors to different appointment types in the calendar and the ability to e-prescribe prescriptions. Pinned notes are great and am happy they expended the ability to write longer profile notes. The overall look and ease of use it much better than other EMRs I have tried. I have recommended practice fusion to many colleagues.

For the most part there are no issues but there have been several instances over the last few years when the entire system is down and we can not log on for almost a full day which is devastating to our practice. Would be nice if there was an offline emergency backup option for the calendar system. The mobile version is also really terrible, but very rarely used so not a big deal. I also HATE that they are not integrated with anyone other than Updox for a patient communication platform. They need to expand their partnerships in this arena!

Yan
OD in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

OD

Kommentare: I think of it this way. It has been free for so many years. I have participate Meaningful Use before and got incentive payments. That means I even made money without investment. In general, I don't blame the previous owner. I guess when it was difficult to continue the business as is, there has to be a change.

I customized templates myself to optimize the charting workflow in the past. It was much more efficient and accurate than the new EHR I just started to use (1/4 of time). I only need charting and billing for exam payment before. Now I need dispensary and manage inventory, I have to use a full EHR for OD. It was just about the timing PF stopped offering free version. So I didn't use the paid version. I can still view my previous charting and appointment records through PF. That is good. But I was a little bit frustrated with new way of maneuvering through charting. I even debate keeping both EHR to give myself peaceful mind.

Obviously not free anymore. Free forever? I didn't even believe it from the very beginning. It sounds right to get paid by advertisement. But, it is not something that is sufficient and guaranteed forever.

Shirish
Practice Director/CFO in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I have been using the free version of PracticeFusion for over 3 years now and am generally happy

Kommentare: It serves as a nice EHR for our Physician's practice. Also i got valuable help from the PF technical support team when i was trying to integrate this EHR with our billing software Kareo.

The software has been easy to use. Until now most of my questions were answered in a timely fashion.

Since introducing the subscription model this company has changed a lot. I have two locations with two separate instances of PF for historical reason. Since we have one Dr at both those locations i would like to combine them into one. I have already signed up for the subscription at our main location. However it is almost impossible to get someone from Technical Support to talk to. I am an IT person myself and am convinced that my problem will be solved within 5 minutes if only i could talk to the right person. The customer rep that called to collect my subscription has a phone number that just hangs up when called and she NEVER responds to emails. This is not customer service that I am used to in the USA - even third-world countries have better customer service.....

Joel
Physician in USA

Practice Fusion User

Kommentare: Too much clutter on notes. Not good platform for specialists / surgeons
Customer service and technical help very sub-par - seems like too small of a company

cloud based reasonable monthly cost for small practice Soap Note templating allows variable options within a templated diagnosis searching dx codes is made easy

customer service and technical help is pretty much non-existent with this company. rigid parameters / fields that do not adjust - such as creation and templating of procedure notes and operative notes have to be in SOAP format which I would prefer these encounters appear as a separate note type unable to save frequent prescribing habits so each time a medicine is given it takes significant time for electronic prescribing significant clutter on the notes, however fields that are required for standard medical billing such as Review of Systems and standard fields such as past surgical history not unable to include dx codes into templates (only words) so templating speeds up workflow but then slows down if using electronic billing because each diagnosis has to be re-entered Rigid parameters for meaningful use reporting. So the options don't apply to specialists

Jill
Office Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Adequate for a small practice

Kommentare: For our therapists, Practice Fusion has always allowed a highly customizable chart note function. From the billing side, there is room for improving automating charting to superbilling.

Practice Fusion integrates with a handful of billing softwares and generally works fine for EHR functions for a small practice. There are a few buggy things that have not been worked out as they went from a free software to a per provider subscription, but they do seem to continue to add features that help with efficiency and seamless processing of medical transactions.

Little bugs, ie, a date range filter that will not respond to the calendar and so must always be manually typed. To get these annoyances addressed technical support first requires checking internet speed and other hardware factors that are already verified sufficient and have nothing to do with the simple coding issue at hand. Also, superbilling is missing some automation from the chart note to the bill that is found in many other EHRs.

Anita
Dr in USA

Bad EMR for Medical practices

Kommentare: Initially Practice fusion was free and then all providers had to pay a monthly price. What I am mostly disappointed is the contracts that have the providers sign. Be careful what you sign with them. I had a nurse practitioner in my practice and had to sign for 2 providers, then when she left after 8 months , Practice fusion team said I have to pay for her license for 15 more months that my contract ends --ridiculous answer. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she confirmed the same. This EMR is not worth it for the way the notes look and what you pay and what they have you sign ..... Now I am stuck for 15 more months with this EMR , paying monthly for a second license that we never use

It was free initially and simple, it was the 1 st EMR I used even their customer service was not great

Bad features, the notes look very plain customer service no great The contracts that you sign are not for 1 year or monthly , I would never use it again

Dr. Debra
Physician/ Owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

For our 2 person practice, this software allowed us to become electronic and meet all requirements.

Kommentare: It allowed us to become electronic at no cost and provided us with the means to meet all the governmental requirements and receive incentives. It is cloud -based so we can access our records from anywhere - it's useful when we are on call and can review the records. We have most of our patients request electronic refills which is much faster than any other way to prescribe and patients appreciate that their prescription is already at the pharmacy. It also allows you to make your own flowsheets to individualize your records. I recommend it highly.

The COST and the way Practice Fusion is continually responding to our suggestions and constantly improving itself. We also started using other vendors we learned about from Practice Fusion like Updox which is an electronic fax program.

most of our large labs and all of our radiology do not interface with Practice Fusion so the paper copy needs to be scanned and put in chart.

Jaime
Office Manager in USA

Technical issues takes weeks to months to fix or never get fixed at all.

It was free and user friendly. Very basic and simple EHR for a start up or small practice. Best features are cloud based, online scheduler, email reminders, and pinned notes that was just recently added.

Not customizable, poor response time on fixing IT issues. Sometimes issues never get fixed at all. Cannot modify online booking time slots. If a new patient books online it will automatically default to 30 minutes. We need an hour for new patients and this created many overbooking issues. Cannot print multiple medical records or super bills at once. I have to go to each visit and print them out individually rather then choose a date range of visits. Very time consuming. Cannot search patients by phone number. The appointment reminders do not interface with google calendars, therefore when patients received email reminders from practice fusion, the time would be off one hour confusing the patient.

Lori
LCSW - Owner/Operator in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly but missing inclusion of LCSW/LMSW as owners of medical practice

Kommentare: This is a wonderful system and I love it - unfortunately as owner of my clinic and having a prescriber work for me
the system does not officially allow for this so I had to call and was instructed how to sign on as administrator/owner
I would hope in the future that they change this and add in more therapy practitioners as participants as well.

Super user friendly in writing notes - wonderful prescriber friendly e-prescribe services Easy to use without a lot of need for support services Easy to use scheduling

No button for Social work the way things are printed out is limiting If a note is populated you can not always delete it - even thought you did not see the patient - if you check them in by accident and go back and fix it - it still generates a note that you can not delete.

Gina
Chief Medical Director in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Practice Fusion will refuse you access to your records without notice.

Kommentare: Worst experience I have ever had with a company. I warn everyone I can to stay away from them because they lock you out and get you back in then do it again several weeks later.

It is user-friendly. I loved the customizable templates. ECPS was awesome. The software is great; getting locked out on a regular basis negated every positive experience.

I like the software. The problem was that every couple of weeks they would lock me out and instead of seeing patients, I would have to get on the phone with them to have the let me back into the system. I was spending more time on the phone trying to get them to let me in than I was able to see patients.

JOANN
Prescriber in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Practice Fusion review

Kommentare: They will no longer be free. I have been trying to get the 30 day special to only pay lesser as they sent me a coupon to redeem. Thought I'd try for a year. Every time I click on the link, it says price which is more than the amount mentioned on coupon. I have called several times, no one ever available, no one returns my calls. Instead get emails with directions that also don't work. Worst company ever, don't pay for it. it was free but now will have to pay, not worth it. It was easy to escribe the EMR was not helpful but since it was free used it for prescribing. Now they want to charge and I cant even get help setting that up

It does not keep a current list of pts. If you havent gone into the chart after 3 weeks you have to search for patient by DOB. If you need customer support forget it.

Patti
Patient Care Manager in USA

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Kommentare: HORRIBLE. Getting an email response takes days. They cancelled a SCHEDULED phone call with me 15 minutes before the call via email. ZERO RESPONSE or recourse. Unable to actually SPEAK with anyone. Have waited over 40 minutes on hold with zero response.- multiple times.

Ease of access from anywhere. That is all I have to say about that.

Teaching videos are too fast and teach very little.