Über Act-On

Der cloudbasierte integrierte Arbeitsbereich von Act-On ermöglicht es CMOs und deren Marketingorganisation, das Kundenerlebnis durchgängig zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Act-On

Act-On was easy to implement and move into production, and the level of resources required for ongoing maintenance hasn't been bad at all.

This was disappointing and one of the reasons we bought it. No improvements have been made recently.

Bewertungen zu Act-On

3,9

Act-On hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 256 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Act-On bereits verwendet?

Andrew
Senior Program Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, but not our top choice

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Jared
Jared
Marketing Specialist in USA
Maschinerie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A very customizable software that allows us to carry out high-level marketing.

Kommentare: Since Act-On came to our company, we have noticed that we have had a positive impact on our clients, we have improved the attention to their needs, since we can segment clients, automate email advertising and maintain good advertising strategies with the help of the functionalities of this software.

We like to use Act-On to have a bigger impact on our clients, the personalization is very good, it empowers our sales force, it keeps the marketing automated which allows us to maintain a good interaction with our clients, good detailed reports. It allows us to segment our clients to design specific marketing strategies.

Our expectations with Act-On have been exceeded as we have increased our sales and customer acquisition, we have achieved good ROI with this software, the implementation was easy and it has great technical support.

Ashley
Database Administrator in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Meeting goals and driving leads with Act-On

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been great as we have been able to drive leads, gain marketing insights, and develop automated programs with easy to use templates we created.

Act-On offers automated program templates, all of which are completely customizable to meet our needs in driving leads in our marketing plan. The ease of use which is visually appealing with drag-and-drop, list segmenting, lead scoring options and integrations all work for our organization on both the user level and administrator level.

Pricing as this tool is at the higher end of some marketing resources. Also, the inability to schedule integrating segment runs at the earliest of four hours has caused issues with some of our marketing aspects.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Ashley, Thank you for posting a review! We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Sarah

Abbie
Abbie
Director of Marketing in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Buyer Beware!! Not a sophisticated system in the least

Kommentare: The worst. Beware - do NOT fall for this "automation" system. Go with something that actually supports the workflow of marketers in 2018.

Absolutely nothing. I came from using Pardot at my previous company and then was stuck with this poor excuse for an automation system for two years. Luckily we're in the process of switching back to Pardot at the moment.

Pricing Model Not Built to Scale: They think that the "pay for contacts" pricing model is a pro, but it is not! For any marketer with a growing database this is a pure nightmare given that they are basically unresponsive when you need to add more contacts. We are actually currently in a situation where we can't get ANYONE to respond to help us add more contacts, which means that I cannot execute on a very large campaign that we were set to launch yesterday. Customer Service: As mentioned above, good luck getting anybody to actually call you back or fix your issues. If you have any level of sophistication in your marketing programs and automation, it's just a matter of when you're going to run into issues with Act-On, and half the time, they don't even know why the system doesn't work. I just got a call back a few days ago about a support ticket I submitted in JULY (it's October 18 right now). Product: Act-On does not have a contacts database. So if you need to look up a contact and see every list that they are on, every automation program they are in, or to manage their subscriptions or lists, you cannot. That's right - there is no way to globally search for a contact in Act-On. This is absurd. There is no way that you can call yourself an automation system in 2018 and not have this most basic of capabilities.

Lucy
President of Sales in USA
Kosmetik, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Mass marketing approach which is really effective.

Kommentare: Easily deployable and effective tool. No time wasted on unproductive campaigns. Adaptive and secure software.

There is a huge uniqueness in the services I get from Act-On compared to my switch softwares. I have experience a fast way to reach out to our leads through SMS and emails. It is quite effective and saves time too. We have been able to collect important data concerning our marketing efforts. It is generally easy to launch and user friendly.

I can't get enough of this. Act-On is easy to use and quite customizable. I have only experienced advantageous services so far.

Catherine
Sr. Marketing Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful Product. Great Value, Amazing Results!

Kommentare: I've used Act-On for many years and enjoy the ease of use, their great metrics and the intuitive interface. This is a product I can't recommend enough. I use it daily and enjoy the automation as much as I enjoy the social publishing and email marketing abilities.

Act-On is easy to use and great metrics!

Nothing I'd change about this software!

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks for the great review, Catherine! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy you're a fan of Act-On. Cheers! Sarah

Bethany
Marketing Automation Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Act-on is an easy to use and robust marketing tool.

Kommentare: Our sales team is massively impressed with the capabilities and insights that Act-on provides through the integration with our CRM tool. We have been able to message leads with the right message at the right time easily and are able to have a hands off approach when it comes to funneling leads to our sales team. The value Act-on has added has been worth it.

Most actions are very intuitive and the tool is easy to navigate.

Our onboarding experience wasn't the best, but Act-on has since implemented a new onboarding process that involves thorough training and set-up. We went to the bootcamp later and we are pleased that Act-on now offers that at the kickoff for other customers.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Bethany, Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're a fan of Act-On! Cheers, Sarah

Srinivas
Srinivas
Sr. Digital Marketer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Needs more improvement in UI and UX

Kommentare: its was an ok use software but not the best. I use hubspot now, try to replicate hubspot acton

Less expensive, serves the purpose for a while not for long run

ui and ux is very poor and navigation was not so friendly

Kelsey
Kelsey
Ecommerce Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

If you take advantage of all of its features, you will succeed.

We chose Act-on as our marketing automation software because of its native integration with Salesforce, our CRM at the time. We made the move from Marketo, and Act-on has a much easier user interface. There were so many things we could track and do. We had great customer service, including weekly calls with a customer experience rep.

Like most marketing automation software, the key to success is learning all of the ins and outs of the system, then create a strategy surrounding it. If you don't have someone on your team willing to take advantage of all of the features, the price might outweigh the benefit. Our customer experience rep could have helped more in overall strategy and campaign building, but they were incredibly busy, too busy to go in depth on those items. The team ended up moving to a simpler and cheaper product because they weren't taking advantage of everything Act-on had to offer.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Kelsey, Thanks so much for posting your review. We're seeing a huge uptick in Credit Union customers as they're realizing what a game-changer marketing automation can be in their efforts to compete against big banks. We hope you'll reconsider Act-On in the future when your team is ready to take its marketing to the next level. We've got awesome boot camp trainings that can get users up to speed quickly. Good luck! Sarah

Scott
Scott
Director of Marketing Operations and Technology in USA
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Solid Marketing Automation Platform

Kommentare: We are a media publisher that used Act-On primarily for sending out marketing emails — about 20+ a month, supporting a white paper site, and hosting 2 webinars a month. Act-On made it super easy to set up and market webinars from the initial thought, through sending a copy of the webinar to attendees when done and every step along the way. I've used about 4 different marketing automation platforms and I can tell you that Act-On was by far the easiest to send email campaigns in, from initial email creation to sending.

I liked that over the past four years I have worked with the product I have seen it grow leaps and bounds. They have a team that is dedicated to making smart improvements with the product.

Like all products this isn't perfect. I had the most problems with our sales rep kept changing. Also, once in a blue moon a feature would change without proper notification.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Great to hear your feedback, Scott! Thanks for sharing. Please be sure to check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for Act-On customers. https://community.act-on.com/home

Nikki
Nikki
Aviation Marketing Coordinator in USA
Design, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Seamless integration with a CRM system

Kommentare: Act-On simplifies marketing automation, enhances time management, enables precise tracking, and efficiently strengthens collaboration with our CRM

Act-On has proven to be a valuable tool in optimizing my marketing efforts in the aviation industry. Efficient task automation has freed up my time, allowing me to focus on more creative strategies and high-quality content generation.

While Act-On offers customization, some advanced features may require deeper technical skills.

Manu
Account Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Agree with recent Forrester Wave Report

Kommentare: I started out using Marketo years ago and while I was a power user and loved the depth of features, others in the company found it to be complex and most could use it for only the basics. I moved on to Pardot and I really liked it, and I even attended their user conference three years ago in Atlanta - which unfortunately, was when they pass along the news to customer that they have been acquired and would end up Salesforce's portfolio. Pardot was moved into their Sales Cloud (and ExactTarget went to the Marketing Cloud), and the result has been, other than some UI improvements, almost no innovation at all... and a major rise in costs, where it's extra for phone support, they charge for Salesforce Engage, they charge for Wave Analytics, etc. etc. Meanwhile, Act-On has been the steady player in the market that has continued to advance - and you see that in Forrester's Q4 2014 Wave report where Act-On moved to the upper, Leader quadrant ahead of Pardot and HubSpot (though, I'd say that HubSpot has always been more "Movement-First" versus "Product-First" where they invest more in their marketing then their marketing features, particularly with their focus on their CRM now). Act-On received a large round of investment money, brought in loads of new talent on the executive team and down, and continue to push out new features faster than others on the market. They were first to launch Account-based Marketing, their Social tools are very advanced (Forrester scored them higher than HubSpot for example), built Data Studio that allows us to push to our BI easily (Tableau), they overhauled all of their composers (email, landing page and forms), added dynamic content & personalization features, and added a unique way to create Program Templates that is awesome and now have a growing library of templates you can grab and use that build out all the nurture program steps for you automatically (including sales alerts, CRM campaign updates, basic or advanced if/then scenarios, etc.). I've always thought that price should not be a big driving factor for which tool to use. But, their Active Contacts model allows you to pay for what you use, versus the size of your database - and where Marketo and Pardot are adding more modules, Act-On includes everything in their Enterprise edition. And their Support is also fantastic. Don't be fooled. This is an advanced tool that medium and large companies are using.

Sincerely easier to use than others on the market, great overall feature set, love the dynamic content options, program templates were a game changer, account-based marketing provides visibility into how programs are doing at the Account-level that we haven't had.

The UI is slowly being overhauled but I'd like to see this go faster. Their out-of-box reports aren't great, but I haven't run across a marketing automation platform who has great reporting (I do like Marketo's Opportunity Analyzer report) and we use Data Studio to simply pull data out the way we want it to populate our reports in excel or Tableau

Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Automation Program, Especially for SugarCRM Users

Great support and product learning program. The integration with our CRM and overall features/ease-of-use was excellent. It was a pleasure working with their team.

I'd like to have more in-person user group opportunities to discuss best practices.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We actually did a user group series this fall (London, Irvine, Chicago) and will do many more in 2020. Hopefully, you can join us in 2020. In the meantime, I would encourage you to leverage Act-On Connect, our customer portal and the vibrant community to share best practices and pose your questions. You can find it here: https://connect.act-on.com/hc/en-us Cheers! Sarah

Matt
Digital Marketing Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good marketing automation, with some catches

Kommentare: Overall, Dynamics CRM is the biggest problem; however, if Act-On is going to support its integration with the platform, it has to better understand it. Besides that, I like the tool. It has a lot of bells and whistles and is competitively priced against similar marketing automation programs.

Once you learn it, you realize how nice of a tool it is. Email campaigns, lead scoring, assessing total voice of customer -- it's all there.

Unless you get the white glove setup service, it's tough to really figure out what you're doing at first. I would not recommend for Dynamics CRM (it's missing features that other CRMs have). The Outlook email template plugin is nice when it works, but more often than not, there are problems. I do wish they help you better understand what data fields are required in both Act-On as well as the CRM, and how to add/edit what is being integrated.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Matt, Thanks so much for posting a review of Act-On. I would encourage you to check out Act-On's customer portal, Act-On Connect. It's full of great resources for customers and includes a customer community for sharing best practices. https://connect.act-on.com/hc/en-us Cheers, Sarah

Unternehmensberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Terrible email delivery, customer support issues not fixed, but huge promises by sales for lock in

Kommentare: No benefits when looking back, lots of time, and money lost.

The company's main advantage (whether they market it or not, but they definitely use it during a sale) is they allow for companies to BUY lists and bring in cold contacts. Almost every other provider prohibits this. Well, that's why for good companies, your marketing performance and emails drop wayyy down. And worse, their support imagines nothing is wrong, and everything is going OK. They will also negotiate your price far lower than others, to lock you into an annual contract.

- Email delivery is terrible - Their support tried to help, but makes false promises on waiting - Locked into a major contract, which even with their lack of performance, is tough to leave - Their UI is really, really bad - Barely any templates for things like landing pages, emails, etc. - General data between modules is not easy to gather, collect or use for additional sales.

Verlagswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Dynamics Compatible, Great Value

Kommentare: An unexpected benefit has been in the customer support department. Proactive email drips for recent purchasers helps that team provide great service consistently through scheduled email programs with tips and tutorials.

The Dynamics integration was a crucial part of my decision to adopt this software for my company. Ease of use is comparable to any other robust marketing automation tool. We've seen huge value in this purchase.

Unfortunately the software does not function well on iOS devices.

Antwort von Act-On Software

We love hearing your feedback. Thanks for sharing your review! Great to hear that you're benefitting from the new customer tutorials, tips and tricks. If you haven't already, please check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for best practices and product suggestions. https://community.act-on.com/home

Kerry
Kerry
Marketing Specialist in USA
Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very Effective

Kommentare: My experience has been great! We don't have an overly complicated marketing plan and this does everything that we need it to do.

This software works very well for our company. A lot of people I've chatted with feel it's out of date but for us, it's perfect. It's easy to write and send an email campaign, and even easier to track the results! I also appreciate how easy it is to use with Dynamics CRM and upload .csv files.

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software. I haven't had a negative experience and it hasn't disappointed me in any way.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Kerry, Thanks so much for posting your review. We love customer feedback and are so happy you're an Act-On enthusiast! Cheers, Sarah

Faisal
Marketing Director in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best Marketing Automation Tool

Kommentare: Highly recommended, this is the second company in which i have worked for and implemented Act-On. This is my go to marketing automation tool.

I have used and reviewed many tools, but i will say Act-On is my favorite. Easy to use, and the best customer service of any of it's competitors.

The email builder works great but does not live up to my requirements. I wish you could get more advanced with designs.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Hi Faisal, Thanks so much for posting your review. We are thrilled that you are happy and having a positive experience with Act-On. I would encourage you to check out the Act-On user community at https://community.act-on.com/ It's a great place to share your product requests and suggestions and learn from other marketers.

Jessica
Marketing Spcialist in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use

Kommentare: Everyone I have spoken to from account manger, tech support and engineers for trouble shooting any problem that we have have been really helpful. They have always figured out a way to fix the problem especially with our really complex list that we have.

Act-On is easy to use especially if you know a bit of html knowledge. When designing you can even go into the code and alter it a bit if you know any html. The designs come out nice and clean and you can always work around any issues that comes up.

When designing emails and your using tables and have the image set to the max pixel you have to alter the code for it to display on mobile devices.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks for your review, Jessica! So glad you're finding value in Act-On and that you've found our team has been friendly and helpful. Happy marketing!

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great product

Kommentare: Act-On is a mainstay of my marketing team. If I could keep only one product or service it would be Act-On. Great team behind it in my experience.

Good set of features and functions. Good product team and exciting roadmap. Easy to implement.

Onboarding could have been better (but that was some time ago now and I know they have improved it). Feature request facility feels like a black hole at times!

Antwort von Act-On Software

Great to hear your feedback, thank you! Do check out the Act-On User Community for more great resources and training tools. You'll find it here: https://community.act-on.com/home Cheers!

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use Marketing Automation Platform

Kommentare: We've built all of our landing pages in Act-On, and every marketing emails is sent through the software.

Very easy to learn and use the platform. The drag-and-drop Landing Page and Email composers can your team productive with Act-On in no time.

The interface is a inconsistent (some modules have been updated more than others), and there are a few missing nice-to-have options (like the ability to add anchors to CTA buttons - this can be done but by manually adding a button with HTML).

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback!

Alfred
CRM Manager in Deutschland
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

If уоu wаnt tо hаvе а suссеssful busіnеss, уоu nееd Aсt-On

I’m а рart оf а sаlеs аnd mаrkеtіng tеаm, аnd wе hіghlу аррrесіаtе thіs sоftwаrе. It hеlрs us соunt еvеrуоnе, whо vіsіts оur wеb раgе, іnсludіng sіgn-іn сustоmеrs аnd аnоnуmоus vіsіtоrs. Nоw wе саn еаsіlу sеt uр аutоmаtеd рrоgrаms, whісh mаkеs оur wоrkflоw sіmрlеr аnd smооthеr. Lаstlу, thе сustоmеr suрроrt іs tеrrіfіс.

Lіkе аnу рrоduсt, thіs оnе іs not реrfесt. Fоr іnstаnсе, уоu nееd tо gеt fаmіlіаr wіth thіs арр bеfоrе уоu dесіdе tо usе іt. Othеrwіsе, іt іs еаsу tо mаkе mіstаkеs аnd sеt uр wrоng аlgоrіthms. Yоu аlsо nееd tо mоnіtоr thіs арр rеgulаrlу, bесаusе sоmеtіmеs sеttіngs wіll аutоmаtісаllу сhаngе wіthоut рrореr nоtіfісаtіоn.

Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A repeat customer

Kommentare: Act-On allows us to do some next level segmentation and marketing.

Act-On has been my go-to solution for the last 5 years. They may not be as well known as some, but they offer great value and a deep bench of functionality. Incredibly innovative too.

Customer service has gone through hiccups of late

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and love hearing from customers. Please check out the Act-On User Community for more resources. It's a great place to exchange best practices. https://community.act-on.com/home

E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Move On - Not Worthwhile

customer success team was friendly feature set sounds useful

interface is abysmal functionality is limited product is slow and outdated

Rundfunkmedien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent service without needed to hire more staff

Kommentare: Excellent customer service, fantastic training program, continued support

Ease of use, integration into company process, no need to hire more staff to manage the program

Not as many integrations as available as other platforms, but not necessarily holding us back.

Antwort von Act-On Software

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We love hearing from customers and appreciate that you took the time to post a review. Cheers!

Amy
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: When it came to a marketing automation solution, our organization took the Goldilocks approach: First, we tried Pardot and found that it really didn't deliver what we were looking for. Their lack of lead attribution functionality just didn't work for us. We wanted to be able to connect the dots on sales and marketing touches but ultimately know which touch landed us the business. The process that Pardot defined for us meant that we had to add several steps to our own process. It was not what we expected out of an automated program. Second, we tried Marketo and found that it was overwhelmingly complicated. Again, not what we expected out of an automated system. Not only was it complicated to set up campaigns, but it was also complicated to get some assistance if we ran into a problem. We'd have to put in a ticket, call to follow up, wait for someone to get back to us and then wait for them to hear back from overseas trainers and developers to get back to them so they could circle back around to us. Several times, we were told that we needed to pay for some additional add-on or additional training. Finally, we moved to Act-On and they have been "just right." Our implementation was a breeze, and the software does exactly what we want it to do - and then some. As with any new software, we had questions and user issues, etc. but the Act-On crew was always there with answers - sometimes within minutes of us contacting them! The software is great, but what makes Act-On different is their team. It's comforting to know that we have advocates there that really want us to succeed.