"Extraordinary CAD programming for individuals on a financial plan."

Bewertet am 28.10.2018
Senior Civil Engineer
Tiefbau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I prescribe it in the event that you require a decent CAD programming and can't manage the cost of auto miscreant, I genuinely trust that it can take care of business, it has a few issues as generally programming.
We utilized cad program while having issues with auto cad (generally because of expenses) and it worked ponders, it such a great amount of less expensive than it and it works extremely comparable.

Vorteile: As an auto cad visit client I can state that utilizing cad program is much the same as utilizing auto-cad, it is a great substitute at a moderate cost. It has extraordinary working highlights a decent interface that make working with it extremely comfortable. For somebody on the spending it is a stunning CAD choice.

Nachteile: It has some similarity issues; a portion of our customers who work with auto cad report that they nearly need to change over the attracting for them to utilize it. Likewise when working with medium to huge illustrations it can crash. It has indistinguishable issue from auto cad that it very well may overpower when learning it, there are such a large number of directions that accomplishing something as basic as a hover requires for 3 or 4 stages.

Best replacement for autocad I have found.

Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Luis L.
Ingeniero de servicio técnico

Kommentare: I really love progecad, it's compatibility with autocad makes it an excellent replacement, since we haven't had any type of issues with the drawings we have generated with progecad when we submit them to our clients running autocad

Vorteile: Progecad is cheaper than most cad softwares and it is incredibly complete. It has amazing compatibility with DWG files, which make opening autocad projects on progecad (or visceversa) a really streamlined process.

Nachteile: I haven´t found any type of issues with this software, it works great as a replacement for autocad and it is way cheaper.

A good software

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Kanav R.
Architect
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best software for fresh architects, no need to buy expensive software because it's a great alternative to the autoCAD and other expensive software

Vorteile: I think it is a good software, After using it over 2 years now i can say that it's a good software for fresh architects who cannot buy some expensive software. it is almost like autoCAD and it also support all DWG files.

Nachteile: Everything is good about this software except few things like it tends to freeze sometime other than that it's a good software

Great Autocad Substitute

Bewertet am 13.4.2018
Analista de Telecomunicaciones

Kommentare: It is a great alternative to autocad, it looks and works almost the same way. It can be buggy but it's much cheaper than autocad, so for someone on a budget is a great option,

Vorteile: For someone looking for an alternative to autocad, progecad is a great option, since they work almost the same, so if you invested the time required to master autocad it shouldn't be an issue working with progecad, which overall is an excellent 2D and 3D drawing tool.

Nachteile: It can be really buggy, my computer tends to freeze a lot more than when working with autocad (which is a really power demanding software). It has the same issue as autocad, it can be overwhelming at first.

Best of CAD software

Bewertet am 11.10.2010
Woody M.
Designer

Kommentare: We highly recommend ProgeCAD for any architectural or design office and especially for smaller offices where low software overhead contributes to
competitiveness and where ease of use and productivity become so personal to the users.

Vorteile: ProgeCAD (architectural) has the features, interface and document portability of similar CAD software yet the cost is much more affordable; especially for small
entrepreneurs. We have used ProgeCAD for five years with clients who use AutoCAD and similar software and have experienced only minute compatibility issues. Our ability to keep our software current and to compete in the marketplace is enhanced by the attractive pricing of ProgeCAD. Support by the software developer, resellers and an enthusiastic user community is of very good quality and highly appreciated especially when one gets into customization.

Nachteile: ProgeCAD is less well-known (although that is changing) and is often unfairly disparaged by those who have invested in vastly more expensive CAD software.

Happy casual user

Jacques C.
senior eng.

Kommentare: I'm just an electronician that needs to draw some mechanical parts, enclosures, front panels,..etc.
I've tried the demos of about a dozen of similar softwares. This one offers the best results and performances for your bucks ! At less than the tenth of AutoCAD it delivers almost all its functions, and -at least for me- it covers 150% of my needs. On top of it, the pdf importer let me get accurate drawings out of the manufacturers' datasheets : I use this feature all the time. Last but not least : I was able to use say 85% of ProgeCAD features after a mere 5 hours of work.

Vorteile: Interface easy to use
Interface very complete
Steep learning curve
Nice documentation
Pretty fast, even with large drawings
Usefull pdf import into dxf
When it crashes (rarely) you loose nothing. All your work is recoverable.

Nachteile: Documentation, although very usefull, is outdated (version 9 only)
Sometimes crashes to desktop (non repetable though), say once a week. BUT I'm not absolutely sure it's not Windoze's fault (I only have this with Vista, not with XP sp3)

G Bryan review of progeCAD 2010 Professional

George B.

Kommentare: The program has features I have not used. For the features I have used, I find the product usable and would recommend it to other users.

Vorteile: Anyone familiar with AutoCAD will be comfortable with the commands used in progeCAD. The files can be shared with AutoCAD by using the export command - something I learned by trial and error. It has a good price and an excellent feature/cost ratio. Customer service was very helpful when I first started using the program in the 30-day trial period and during the purchase and registration process.

Nachteile: ProgeCAD runs a slower with large files such as those containing images or contours. The issue is acknowledged in the user help files that suggests it helps to turn off the big layers. I find some differences in booting the program by double-clicking a dwg files, opening the program icon or clicking a shortcut icon. The program sometimes becomes non-responsive and requires a computer restart.

progeCAD for shop drawings

Bewertet am 6.10.2010
Michael D.

Kommentare: I would recommend it to anyone looking for Autocad compatibility for a fraction of the cost.

Vorteile: The cost of progeCAD definitely beats out Autocad. Its features are comparable. And it writes DWG files, so drawings can be exchanged with Autocad users. I have been using another, cheaper cad program, DesignCad, which is great, but had its limitations. ProgeCAD is far more feature rich. It is also very easy to purchase online. And a single license allows you to install on a desktop and a laptop.

Nachteile: For me, there was a bit of a learning curve from the other program I had been using, but that is to be expected - it has more features. I would like to see parametric capabilities built into the program.

Rreasonable Alternative for Budget Minded Professionals

Daniel A.

Kommentare: This is the software I would recommend to someone needing a full power drafting solution but not willing or able to meet the high cost of Autodesk products.

Vorteile: The low price combined with the full fetures: I have used AutoCAD for years but when I was laid off and went start my own business at the first of the year I didn't have $4000-$8000 to put down on software, this product does what I need with much lower initial cost.

Nachteile: A small learning curve: this product is not identical to AutoCAD and there are some commands and functions that are referenced differently, but that is to be expected.

AutoCad - ProgeCAD

Richard S.

Kommentare: I believe it is a good solid program. Most of my work is 2D so can't really give a good account of the 3D capabilities of the program.

Vorteile: I had used Acad from 1984 until the late 90's when I could no longer afford it and switched to ProgeCAD. For my purposes, ProgeCAD does everything I have asked of it. Any problems that I have had, have been taken care of by support personnel. I do not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Nachteile: There have been a few bumps in the road, mainly with printing and printers. These problems have been solved with the help of the support group.

Reviewer of Proge CAD

Eric B.

Kommentare: I would like to see more hatch patterns. (architectural standard patterns) the more the better. This could be a good selling point for Proge CAD. I would be happy to send you a PDF of some examples of my work.

Vorteile: The thing I like about Proge CAD is that I was able to learn it's operating functions right away. I also like that fact that I am able to creat PDF files of my work. The cost for Proge CAD was a big bonus for me in deciding to purchase it. I look forward to hearing about any new innovations that Proge CAD is doing.

Nachteile: I would like to see more creative hatch patterns.

Proud to be among the oldest tester

Roberto V.
mr

Kommentare: An absolute must to try. The best testimonial is progecad by itself

Vorteile: Let me state that my reference point is Autocad. Then, progecad is every time closer to the target, satisfying almost all important requirement.
Remember now that the support people are always (at least for me) available to answer the worst question a human being could think about. Every problem I faced, I never been alone.

Nachteile: If you are looking for autocad, you need autocad.

6 months and counting

Jim L.
Principal Engineer

Kommentare: I will continue to use Progecad even when my company budget allows more expensive software. I have been very impressed overall.

Vorteile: nearly seamless usage for those with Acad proficiency;
great price; loads and runs more efficiently than Acad (great for mobile workstation use); lots of features, can even do some 3D layout work.

Nachteile: difficult to get answers sometimes; limited tech support; had to re-install to overcome one problem

progeCAD does almost everything AutoCAD does, cheaper

Ralph M.
President/Owner

Kommentare: Buy progeCAD, it is a good program and I wish the developers well.

Vorteile: Provides advanced CAD power at very reasonable price. Does not have 'big company' attitude. Allows 'little people' who cannot afford AutoCAD to still do advanced CAD.

Nachteile: I believe that AutoCAD now offers dynamic linking to Excel spreadsheets - a very useful feature. As far as I know, this requires an additional (purchased) program for progeCAD.

Archtect / end user

Glen M.
Principal

Kommentare: Given the price, the features, the ability to customize, and ease of use, I give ProgeCAD a five-star rating. I have been using IntelliCAD products for over 13 years.

Vorteile: Easy to customize. Recognizes .MNU, Lisp, and other common file formats in CAD software. Very competitive price given the features ProgCAD offers compared with other high-end CAD software products.

Nachteile: An occasional glitch in plotting, but nothing serious.

Couldn't be better! (or maybe but I don't know, yet)

Volker Z.
Principal

Kommentare: See above, I can only say it again, very impressive with all needed help and support.

Vorteile: It is so refreshing to see an excellent competition to AutoCad at an effordable price, specially in our current economical situation.
No problems encountered,it work flawlessly and that on a vertual computer (MacPro). I am very impressed and would recommend it to anybody.
Volker Zinser

Nachteile: Don't know of any.

ProgeCAD is The Best Value for Small Business

Dwayne S.
Owner/Sole Proprietor

Kommentare: This is awesome software, and is for the most part, the same as AutoCAD, but much cheaper. The few cons listed above, at least in 2009 version, would hold me back from recommending it on a large scale to a large enterprise with dozens or more CAD seats.

Vorteile: Great Price, very compatible with other leading .DWG software, very familiar user interface and commands.

Nachteile: Graphics display/driver issues, redraw issues, snapping issues

DGJ Rating

D.gary J.
VP Construction Operations & IT

Kommentare: Saving money and no learning curve should interest any company.

Vorteile: I switched from AutoCAD to ProgeCAD simply because of the price difference, however, much to my and the company's surprise, it works like an absolute charm. No learning curve required and very little difference to the AutoCAD version I/we had been using.

Nachteile: They are perhaps half a step behind AutoCAD.

Excellent value

David D.
Owner/ Sole member

Kommentare: If you need design software for residential and commercial design needs, buy this.

Vorteile: Autocad clone for 1/10th the cost of autocad!!!! Autodesk should be ashamed if that were only possible! All the features one needs to design projects and present solutions to clients.

Nachteile: Tutorials need to be more comprehensive for new users (those not familiar with autocad).

Proge Cadd Review

Tony B.

Kommentare: I would recommend progecad to anyone it is perfect fit for a very reasonable price. Why would you pay more.

Vorteile: Works with the guys that use autocadd
There is no learning curve for autocadd users
Most of the commands are the same as the other guys
The cost is very reasonable for what you are able to do.

Nachteile: There are a few commands that I would like to see.

Powerful program, pleasant price.

Helen W.
Principal

Kommentare: This is great, why use anything else?

Vorteile: Works like AutoCAD, easy to import/export to other people's CAD systems, had one glitch but the software support was right there, and the price is right.

Nachteile: I have to keep explaining that my software can handle the documents people want me to work with even though they haven't heard of ProgeCAD.

bangs for the buck

Clarence M.
big kahuna

Kommentare: very good product for the money.

Vorteile: It works just like AutoCAD but at a price that the small business man can afford. Allows me to take work back and forth from my other job as well.

Nachteile: Has a tendency to write over a dxf as adwg and then you have to alter the name to get it back to dxf but like I said it works like AutoCAD.

As a substitute for Autocad, the interface is virtually identical, but it is FULL of bugs

Bewertet am 16.9.2017
Geoff L.
Principal Engineer

Vorteile: similar to AutoCad so the transition is very easy so what else is there to like -I was looking for an AutoCad substitute.

Nachteile: With a modest size drawing, the program will often just freeze up, requiring use of the task manager to shutdown the app. I had scripts that ran fine in AutoCad but fall over with ProgeCad because of unsupported commands. Printing can be a pain.

progeCAD fulfills my needs

Charles D.
Director of Engineering

Kommentare: I'd recommend progeCAD for users with everyday needs.

Vorteile: progeCAD fulfills my needs on an everyday basis at a VERY competitive price that AutoCAD cannot come close to matching.

Nachteile: The most recent revision of progeCAD (10.0.10.8) is unstable and I have had to revert back to the previous version (10.0.6.23).

Works for me

James W.
Mechanical Engineer

Kommentare: I would recommend ProgeCad to others. It helps me get my projects finished on time...at a fraction of the cost!

Vorteile: Works for me.

Nachteile: Lisp use could be expanded. Alias designation would be great if I could edit a text file list instead of editing each single alias within the program. User configuration could be expanded.