Dragon Professional Individual Erfahrungen

Über Dragon Professional Individual

Steigere die Dokumentationsproduktivität – mit deiner Stimme.

Erfahre mehr über Dragon Professional Individual

The overall integration to nearly every application that I use was simple and very effective in most cases.

Do all the trainings before to use it otherwise you will get stuck.

Bewertungen zu Dragon Professional Individual

3,9
3,3
3,7

Dragon Professional Individual hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 237 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dragon Professional Individual bereits verwendet?

Evans
Evans
Partner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Program; Marginal Customer Service

Kommentare: I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking daily for practically everything I do, including e-mails, correspondence, documents, and Outlook entries. It is accurate and effectively eliminates the need for a typist. It has a few drawbacks, but they are overwhelmed by its advantages.

NaturalSpeaking is the premium software for voice dictation. With an above average microphone, its accuracy is easily about 95% and likely 90% right out of the box. It learns as you use it, customizing itself to your manner of speaking, pronunciation, etc. It is relatively easy to create special words and even phrases and macros that you use often.

Customer service is a drag. It has been my experience that they are slow to respond. I also find that the knowledge base and online support is not fantastic and often get better results with a Google search than I do searching Nuance's knowledge base. It needs a better Chrome extension so that it does not need to be reset each time you close and reopen Chrome. Also, I cannot seem to train it to recognize how I pronounce certain words, which is regretable because those are almost always the inaccuracies in any document.

Francis
Director in UK

The power of speech.

Kommentare: My Business is all about writing and Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software enables me to get my ideas typed quickly and easily. Moreover, the process is fluid and does not interrupt my creativity. I can talk faster than I can type, therefore, speaking into a headset microphone has become second nature. The purpose of getting this software was to speed up the writing process and to help with my wrist ailments. There are medical benefits too, for people with difficulties in their hands, where extensive typing can be a painful problem. Essentially the benefits to me of using Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software are : Easily transfer my ideas to text by dictating. Transcribe recordings of meetings, podcasts, radio interviews etc. Ease my wrist pain by not needing to manually type so much.

I have used Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software for several years, from version 12 to the current version 15 for PC. Anyone vaguely familiar with this type of software may be used to clunky products that struggle to recognize simple words, let alone sentences and so on. Fret no more. Nuance are the market leaders in this field, and for good reason. It works - pure and simple. I defy anyone not to tryout the current version and not be super impressed. Honestly, give it a go. After training it to your voice by reading out a set piece of text in your natural tone and voice, Dragon sets up a profile for you. The more you use Dragon, the better your profile becomes at remembering and crucially, learning how you speak. The current version even allow podcasts, radio interviews etc, to be transcribed with I would say depending upon the clarity of the persons voice, at least 80% accuracy. In addition to using Dragon for dictating, you can use it to navigate the internet. Yes, you can. With practice, you ask Dragon to open up your web browser and speak the web sites you wish to browse. I have achieved limited success with this, though this is more because I haven't grasped the commands yet. I love being able to say commands like - Open microsoft word. New document. Then watch Dragon perform these tasks like magic. More magic unfolds when you start to speak and the text appears. Oh keep in mind, though, you have to say the punctuation. After a while this becomes natural.

Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software can after several hours of use appear to get tired and become sluggish. Words and phrases it will have previously recognised will mystify it and produce random or garbled results. Dragon will not recognise some commands. This can be annoying when you are trying to complete a piece of work. When this happens, its best to switch it off for a break. Another point is that Dragon can become too particular and remonstrate with you for becoming tired. For example, as we lose energy our voice may decrease in clarity and tone. Well, Dragon is unforgiving, such that when you dictate and are unclear with your words, the typed text will not be what you want. Dragon will have misinterpreted, often with random and bemusing results. Solution, take a break or resort to manual typing.

Chuck
Chuck
Volunteer in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Beware-company does some strange and possible illegal activity. Stay away.

Kommentare: Bad attitudes, excuses (it's not my fault). Lack That positive can-do attitudes. Certainly not a customer-centric company and seem to have lost sight that the customer, pays the bills. I also have PaperPort while supposedly compatible with Windows 10 it certainly is a frustrating and buggy program. My experience with DNS is negative and I will make sure you "pass the message" wherever possible.

It gives the disabled more freedom to type but still requires much keyboard action things flowing.

I have Dragon 15 and a normal update notice popped up on my screen. I like to keep my software up to date so I clicked update now. The next day I go to use my Dragon and it won't accept my user profile. Being a quadriplegic it took many hours to add custom words/phrases/or things that make Dragon work the best that he can for me. I call Dragon support and they informed me that this was a complete upgrade and took me to version 15.05. The cost of the upgrade is $99.95. I couldn't believe that asked if they could remove the update and I will continue to use my program as it is. DNS support tells me that's not possible. I can uninstall the upgraded version and reinstall my original version and then Re-train it over again to get back to where it was. Feeling like I was being held hostage DNS support installed the upgrade and then call back for the money. I asked the rather rude support gentlemen what exact benefits does this new version have over the old one. His Response: you get the upgrade, future free technical support (never pay before) future upgrades at no charge" I then repeated the question "exactly what benefits will I receive from this purchase using DNS 15.05 over my current version 15." After some brief silence, he came back with paraphrasing "faster, more accurate, worse with more programs, etc. These are all the same promises that started with my 1st purchase of Dragon 11 and the future purchases of 12, 13 and 15. I really have noticed little to no difference.

Rob
Rob
WSO2 Trainer and Integration Consultant in Niederlande
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Dragon Speech listens to what you say

Kommentare: Overall, Dragon is software for speech recognition on the PC. However, speech recognition for dictation of articles is something that has to agree with you. Many people do not like to talk to the PC for this purpose and prefer to type in the article in stead. I would love to test out the app on smartphone or even have it integrated in the car as part of the standard software. That is however quite unlikely.

The software is great for dictation. I use it for English and Dutch with some words added to the vocabulairy because of the fact that they are typical acronyms (like WSO2, APIM etc). In contrast with speech recognition in the past the amount of getting used to your voice is now minimal. Just read a couple of lines and you are good to go. You can include things like next line and it will actually go to the next line. One of the best things is that you can import a sound file that you would like to transcribe and it will output the text to an rft file or you copy it to word. There are apps on the smartphone from dragon that will allow you to dictate and process the sound in the cloud and give you the text in the app but until now it has only been available in the US for English

Every now and then a profile does not load any more and i need to either create a new profile or switch to the other profiles.

Children's Book Writer in USA

Dragon Keeps Me Writing

Kommentare: I started using Dragon to reduce tendinitis in my wrists. It made a huge difference, and when I later broke a finger, it was great to already have the system in place. I use it for almost all "typing" on the computer, from e-mails to writing novels. When I started, it was really the only voice-recognition system out there. I keep using it because I'm so used to it, but I don't know if it's better than other options that may be cheaper.

Voice recognition allows me to produce an enormous amount of writing without taxing my wrists and other body parts.

It takes some time to train. Partly you train it, and partly it trains you. You have to proofread very carefully as errors frequently slip in. It is not faster than typing – but it is easier on the body. It can also be hard to transfer your user files to a new computer. It's possible, but I had to get help from an expert.

Phil
Phil
GIS Instructor in USA
Forschung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The original speech to text software

Kommentare: Makes reports a breeze. Also, because you are talking out loud, you hear your ideas and they resonate better. You notice your mistakes more readily. You also do not miss out on getting some of your perfect thoughts to paper. You know, those GOLDEN thoughts that you have while you are busy typing and finishing out the last thought that you are still typing. Don't lose the golden thoughts wasting time typing, get them into the document fast!

Great software. Makes writing reports, emails, papers, documents so much faster than typing, and I am no slouch when it comes to being able to type. It also releases you from the tethers of a pesky keyboard! You can also program in shorthands to speed up the process. Set it up so that you say ASPCA and it enters in "American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals." Excellent for scientific articles and jargon-heavy reports as you can train it to learn your words, your speech patterns, which make it more accurate.

Buggy. Works most of the time, but after long stretches, it tends to slow and crash. Save early save often. Save, close, then reopen after any new training to make sure that your edits are saved before a crash.

Sander
Sander
owner in Niederlande

Perfect solution

Kommentare: Dragon is just working fine. It puts the word I say in my screen And even allows me to control my computer With simple commands. You need to carefully read the text you composeBecause sometimesText recognition is not perfect and worse ( words) with a complete other meaning will show

Due to a handicap I Do Use a whole lot of speech recognition For all my work, even made all my websites with speech recognition software from Dragon. I write complete books with the software solution.

Ever since I upgraded my computer and soundcard the software is more precise. So the more money you spend on your computer the better results you will get. Kind of realistic I think :-)

Denise
Denise
Writer in USA

I have used this for my writing business. Stopped using it after a few months because of issues.

Kommentare: You can dictate your work and emails which allows you to think through the problem. It does allow you to control the computer as well.

I liked that I could talk to my computer and write my articles. It was supposed to make my life a little easier. The whole idea is to make it simpler for me. For the most part, it picked up accurately. However, there are times when it didn't work like it was supposed to.

Where to begin? It takes forever for the software to install. It worked great at first, but after a while, it lost accuracy. It wouldn't pick up the words correctly, and when I would try to correct it, the program didn't respond accurately. I often would have to use the keyboard and mouse to go in and fix the words later. I ended up taking two to three times as long to write my articles. On top of that, even after exiting the program it would continue to run in the background. My system has 16GB RAM, and it still slowed my computer down as though I only had a couple of gigs.

James
Associate Postgrad Dean in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Dragon Pro

Kommentare: Working from home, it has been invaluable. I can now act as my own typist (well, almost!)The more I use it, the more accurate it gets, which is really rewarding, and it has really come into its own during COVID lockdown periods, when face to face working was out, and I had to communicate purely through email.I'm thinking about trying to write a novel with it, next!

Really clear guidance around voice commandsAllows me to dictate at home, and then transfer to text on my PC whenever convenientReal time saver (I used to have to collect tapes, and pass them to my PA)

I have a fairly strong Scottish accent, and it took time to "train" the software. I still sometimes attempt to speak in a home counties accent, just to make life easier!

Rick
Warehouseman in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Dragon makes life easy

Kommentare: I started using dragon in college, and it was a lifesaver, and I’ve been using it ever cents

For myself, it is very beneficial because I have arthritis very bad in both hands and it would take me forever to have to try to type

The biggest con that I can think of is the cost

LARRY
Speaker in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Daily user Dragon 12

Kommentare: I listen to non-English speakers and translate for them. It is far easier to listen phrase by phrase and then speak their words in English, vs. any other methods I have found. Since I mainly transcribe in this manner, I turn off the command features in Dragon most of the time. It executes commands in Word okay though. I don't use it in other applications though it has all kinds of command and window swapping features. At one time i considered switching to Google Words (about the time I had the quality issues) and I went back to Dragon anyway. Google voice recognition makes a nice backup in a pinch but it has other issues; not the same.

It really is a powerful engine. I use it a lot. I recently had to reinstall it on a new computer and lost all my previous settings and profiles. It spent about an hour going through everything I had written before and is cranking out better than ever. The additional RAM and processor speed didn't hurt.

1) Dragon is a heavy user of RAM and processor. A gamer or heavy graphic setup is best. If you're running a dinosaur you might be better off with an earlier version of Dragon or Google docs voice recognition. Don't run any other heavy use programs simultaneously unless you are geared up. e.g. If my wife goes to use Adobe Creative Cloud after I've run a Dragon session a complete reboot helps. Heavy graphics, or audio / video like Audacity and VideoPad or Premier I would reboot first just to be safe. Big enough parallel processors and RAM and this won't be an issue for you. 2) This wasn't totally a software issue per se. It seemed like the quality was slowly degrading; it wasn't recognizing my speech as well as before. Dragon said my mic quality was OK. Somewhere along the way I decided to actually listen to the quality of a recording made with my old mic. It was awful. No wonder the poor thing couldn't recognize me and no wonder it was getting worse. Got a newer Logitech gamer headset and now it is awesome. Hint: Actually listen to the quality of your mic, don't rely on whether Dragon says it's acceptable or not. GIGO.

Gary
Technologists in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Many issues with functionality

When it works! It works well. I like the ability to create custom command which is very important to my use. The navigation of websites is pretty good most of the time! The ability to create custom commands for specialized applications is also nice to have.

The biggest issue that I have with the software, it does not consistently work well. I find myself having to literally reboot my computer to get the software operating again with applications and websites. Some of the issues are very frustrating, such as; working with a common application such as Word I find that menu navigation just does not work. Working with email software such as Office 365 when I speak on certain fields of a form, it just simply does not work. For example I have yet to be able to set the subject line using Dragon. There are numerous times when I get the caption "say that again" and when this happens it simply will not correct itself. I find myself have been you reboot my computer. Very frustrating! When using Google Chrome, after a period of time Dragon just stopped working with the product. Once this occurs you simply have to review your computer. This is very frustrating as well. It also seems to fail we Google Chrome over time. For example, very seldom at my able continue working with Chrome after several hours Dragon simply stopped functioning.

Ray
Owner/Operator in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Overall, a huge time saver

Kommentare: Time saved and ease of use. I have never been fond of typing and prefer to be able to express my thoughts orally - I can do that and still have a written record or response easily available and legible.

I have been using the Dragon line for many years and it has gotten considerably easier to use and more accurate with each new release. Gone are the days that you had to spend hours on end training the product to recognize your speech patterns, idioms, idiosyncrasies and accents. The accuracy continues to improve and the formatting and command options are, at times overwhelming.

The help menus have a lot to be desired, if you are looking to find a quick answer, forget it! You have to know the exact terminology and context that is used in the help section or else spend a lot of time searching. When you do find an answer, the writers assume that you are a programming genius that knows exactly what is being discussed - if you need plain language answers, you won't find them. The manufacturer's support is, bluntly put - non existent, you will find more helpful information in user forums and blogs.

Bj
MD in Südafrika
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No tech support

Kommentare: I have abandoned Dragon and am now using windows speech recognition. So far I am very happy with a new product and wish I had switched long ago. I do not want to use the software of a company that fails to give technical support, no matter how good the product is. Oh by the way, for the one problem I trawled through the tech support sites over and over, trying to find solutions to, in particular, the one problem. Nothing.

I used Dragon Naturallyspeaking Professional Individual 14 for a number of years. Recognition accuracy is excellent. The ability to create custom commands this is superb. The software has a great deal going for it.

I had two technical problems that were very seriously hindering my capacity to use the program. All attempts to get a tech support failed. On one occassion I was referred to an independent software support accompanying called Just Answer and after paying about $30 still did not have my problem fixed (only tried to fix one of them on that occasion).

Dan
Attorney in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

speak into the mic- it will take it down

Kommentare: It is a great time saver when you need to get some letters out and a great way to open word and get to formatting the template. it is a positive review and the price, when bought on sale is worth it. I used it to type this review.

I enjoy using the softward for letters, correspondence, lists and motions. it works fairly well. it has a hard time learning some words but with time it will get about 90% of what you say. it is faster than hand writing and has some great custom features. I have actually used the product for over 10 years maybe longer. So I am a valid credible user and understand the product. Overall it is the best. While I haven't tried other dictaion programs, friends have all said when they switched to the Dragon products it was a big improvement.

At times it can be tempermental to the microphone and the attempts to learn your language by reviewing your emails and prior correspondence is difficult to use and difficult to get it to recognize the folders it can reveiw. The User need to get a great microphone and headset.

Serge
Owner & Management Consultant in Schweiz
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A good step forward

Kommentare: Once customized and the end-user's experience how to deal with the software, it is of huge value for day-to-day use. Especially for repeating text fragments it is extremely time-saving.

After the "learning process" and adaptation to the local language of the user the software works fine and "as designed".

The learning process of the software (adaptation to the local language) and the effort for the new end-user to learn the most important commands and features takes some time and needs a lot of exercise.

Writing More With Dragon

Kommentare: This program helped me to deliver more freelance work because it cut down on the time I spent typing out my clients requests. I also found the program useful in other word processing programs that I used frequently like Ms Word and Google Docs. The software is well worth the investment, especially if you are writing for fun or for a career.

This software allowed me to cur my writing time in half, because I could speak the words into my headset and the program would type it automatically. This program helped me excel in my freelance business, since I could write more orders during the day for my clients.

I found that having an accent with this software can cause the program to type out the wrong words. This and get annoying especially when you have a thick accent that pronounces certain words in a different way. For me, if I tried to say “I helped someone”, the program would always type “I hoped someone”. This became rather annoying and frustrating, because I couldn’t correct my country accent.

Sue
Sue
SEO specialist in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Worst customer service ever!

Kommentare: Used it without issue since 2019, though I cannot train it to a level where I can actually dictate errorfree. Use it mostly for transcribing recordings.A month ago, my laptop suffered a hard drive failure and needed to be replaced. I found out that the download file stops working after two years. Support stuff suggested I re-purchase the product.I eventually located the download file on an old backup and re-installed the product. Only to find that I couldn't activate it because I didn't uninstall the software from my old laptop - which I couldn't!I've never dealt with any company so unhelpful and predatory. Would not recommend.

I tend to dictate while out walking and use the Dragon to transcribe my recordings.

The customer service is horrible, consisting of unhelpful, canned responses.

Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Lifesaver for kids with disablities

Kommentare: At the school board we recommend this software for kids with reading/learning disabilities. It helps them tremendously with their school work. We especially like it for kids in high school as they need to read larger volume of texts and needs to write longer lengths of paper/assignments. This tool allows them to succeed.

This software is the gold standard when it comes to speech-to-text. It is able to read anything on the computer - icons, websites, pdfs, etc. and will respond to voice commands to access these things. The rate at which it converts your speech to text is almost seamless and the accuracy is superior in comparison to other speech to text programs.

This software is very pricey considering there are other free speech to text programs out there. There is also a bit of a learning curve in the beginning as the program learns your voice and as you learn how to access all the features available. However, once you have mastered the program you will not consider other programs.

Useful software, but not quite up to par by current standards

Kommentare: Less neck and back pain.
Dictating long projects can be faster and easier than typing.

I only use Dragon for very long projects, i.e. translating novels. Being able to dictate hundreds of pages is fantastic, since I used to experience neck pain after work. It also includes a long list of control commands for other programs as well as your OS. I myself don't use this capablity, but it can definitely come in handy if you are injured or disabled.

I have been using the software for about 7 years now and I don't think it has kept up with the times. There are other great options for speech recognition that you don't need to train beforehand. I use Google Docs on my phone and it picks up virtually everything in all 4 of my working languages. Before using Dragon, you will need to set up and "train" the software by reading several texts into the microphone. I used to be fine with this 7 years ago, but in 2018 it shouldn't be necessary . One last con: I don't like how Dragon seems to run in the background even after I've closed it. I used to see processes associated with it in my Windows Task Manager/start menu and had to jump through hoops to delete them manually. I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem anymore in newer versions, though.

Mantas
IT Manager in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Useful when you have space for yourself and type a lot.

Kommentare: If you are willing to learn, train the software and not afraid to sound funny (robotic with constant commands), then after a few sessions this thing will take off saving around 40%-60% of your time.
It can even control other software on your computer, so your workflow can really take off.

It is really accurate tool. Understands even foreign pronunciation. It can learn from documents that you wrote, so it understands you better. When dragon is trained, it is super tool to have.

If you are not too tech savvy, it can be a real headache to learn to use it without help. If you don't learn how to dictate properly it creates a lot of work to amend your dictation.

Jeffrey
Advisor in USA
E-Learning, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good Tool

Kommentare: Great! It makes life so much easier. I just wish that they had a subscription version compared to buying the new one every year.

Allows us to complete work faster. Makes taking notes, logging calls, and sending emails faster. Overall a great boost to efficiency.

It takes up a lot of space on your hard drive. At one point, the system learns how you talk to improve dictation and it took up 80 GB on my computer.

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Dragon NS review

Kommentare: Overall, mediocre support but does what it intends to do.

I'm a pretty fast typist, but when you're seeing a patient, your eyes should be on the patient, rather than on the computer. That being said, this software helps translate my speech into words pretty well, and is more cost-effective than hiring a scribe. It supports multiple languages, and the software is smart - it learns as it goes and gets better with each iteration.

If you want answers, it's difficult to get answers. Forget about searching for them. Customer support can be better.

Verlagswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Can Take Some Getting Used To

I like how you can learn to run your entire computer. It's nice to not only dictate but to give my wrists a break from time to time. I'm on the computer for work at least 10 hours a day.

Even when it claims you've trained the software, it can still make a lot of mistakes. It takes quite a bit of time to get it trained to your voice. Things like Google Docs can understand you just as easily, if not better, without voice training. But, you can't run the entire computer from Google Docs - so there is a definite pro to Naturally Speaking.

Stuart
Events Manager in Australien

Invaluable speech-to-text technology I couldn't live without

I suffer from dyslexia and use this software everyday at work to help me write emails and documents. The more you use it overtime the more efficient it becomes at understanding the word you want to say. Set up is simple and once you get the hang of using all the voice commands it just becomes second nature. I could not work without this!

Correcting mistakes, for example adding in a hyphen between words, is still not that intuitive and I'd love to see some more work done to help improve this feature.