Über Kennel Connection

Kennel Connection ist eine Verwaltungssoftware für Einrichtungen zur Haustierpflege mit einer Kundschaft von mehr als 5.000 Unternehmen weltweit.

Erfahre mehr über Kennel Connection

Frustrating to move dogs because of steps. Training program very indadequate.

Bewertungen zu Kennel Connection

4,0

Kennel Connection hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 68 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Kennel Connection bereits verwendet?

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kennel Connection just got an Upgrade

Kommentare: We are using Kennel Connection to deliver the Highest Quality of Pet Care. The features for online booking are making our customer experience amazing and the simplicity for our staff is allowing us to drive profitability.

I love that Kennel Connection has a new interface that is easy to use, easy to train staff on and has a ton of awesome features. Text to pay makes it super fast and easy for clients to check-out and prompts them to tip 10%, 20% or 25%. The dashboard tells me everything i need to know about my day and who is arriving, who is going home and any alerts I need to be aware of. And I love that it works on mobile devices.

I'm using the Live Access version, but heard that Full Cloud is only a few months away. That's exciting because then we don't have to have any local back-ups.

Melanie
Owner/Operator in USA

Review from Playful Paws

Kommentare: I have been with kennel connection since we opened in 2018. All of the support from kennel connection has been wonderful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has always been my go to girl. She has always made me feel welcome as a kennel connection client and makes me feel like my thoughts and concerns are important. I have never had to wait for something to be addressed. Everyone involved has always acted quickly to get any issuew resolved. All of the people I have contact with such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been amazing the whole time I have had kennel connection. It has been a wonderful software program.

I enjoyed that it had all the required modules for my type of business and that it had a very hands on support system.

The pay portion of the software. Not being able to send invoices and have clients pay through live access. It would be nice for owners to see what they owe and for us to see who have open balances on our end.

A
Office Assistant in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Developers need to step up their game

Kommentare: I've been using Kennel Connection for 7 years now, and I second most of what has already been said in the 1 and 2 star reviews. It is beyond irritating for a program to have the appearance of Windows/MS Office without the functionality of those programs. When a list contains multiple columns, why not make it possible to sort by those columns? There is a drop down menu that allows limited sorting (by time, run or pet's first or last names) but even there, you recieve inconsistent results. If I sort the boarding window by run, then print a feeding list, the feeding information will be sorted by run. If I sort the daycare window by run, then print a feeding list, the feeding information will be seemingly random, with no order at all that I have been able to discern. Exporting anything to Excel using the Crystal reports (so that you could potentially manipulate the order of the data) produces a discordant spreadsheet, seperating information that I need on one row into a scattered mess over several rows and columns, and making it impossible to try to use Excel to its best advantage either. The daily run time errors are irritating when you are trying to be efficient, even worse is that glitches to the software updates frequently result in lost data--random client's vaccination records just disappear entirely from thier accounts. Finally, the formatting requirements for generating many of the reports on this program are flawed. If I want to get a list of expired vaccinations for example, I can't get a list that shows me any booking with an expired vaccine, unless/until I input my best guess at a range for when the vaccinations in question might have expired. Why make me guess when the point of a software program is to achieve certainty? I'm very grateful for this forum to note these difficulties, thank you.

The windows that pop up with vaccination warnings or other notes when you book a dog into a service.

See my entire review above.

Antwort von Software Connection

Hello, Not knowing which company you are from as I can't find your name in our database, I would first suggest you update to the latest version. I see some things in your note that have changed. You might also want to check out our training videos, they may be of some help to you. We have a library of videos on YouTube. If we can help you, please let us know by calling or e-mailing. We're here to help. We have a feature request forum so you can request features, a trainer on staff, a full Knowledgebase of articles and much more to assist our customers. Again, please give us a call or send an e-mail if we can be of assistance. Thank you!

Delaney
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kennel Connections is great and easy to use

Kommentare: It keeps track of the vaccines that you require, your able to customize most of the aspects of it. The price is good for what you get.

I like having the availability calendar. Overall it is a very simple and easy software to use.

I only wish I was able to get on it on an iPad or tablet

Mike
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall it has been great. We use it strictly for boarding and daycare.

Kommentare: More than anything customer support.

I like that they are continually making improvements and updates. I believe this is based on user input. I like the desktop version as we have intermittent and long term (over a day) Internet outrages and we can continue to work. Customer support, knowledge base, and training videos seem to be current. We don't need to tweak our processes to meet the software process. It goes with our flow. I look at other software about once a year and Kennel Connection seems to be the best so far.

There are 2 items that I wished the software would allow. One item would is one that I would leave over. The first is the amount of warning windows that pop up. I know it isn't this way, but it feels like every time we navigate through a booking there is a window that asks if we are sure we want to do that function. I can see where it would be helpful, but the ability to turn it off like vaccination warnings would be great. The one item I would leave over if another company provided it is custom reports. I would LOVE to run a report that tells me which category of pets (we charge by weight) provides the most revenue. As an example if I changed the weight category instead of raising prices how would that look? I may make more money by changing weight class than upping the charges.

Antwort von Software Connection

Hello Mike, thank you for the review! There are some pop-ups that you can turn off but many of them are to help the customer avoid making a mistake. If you have suggestions for ones you'd like to be able to turn off, feel free to suggest them. We also offer customizations and custom reports. If you're interested, please call the office or e-mail me at jenn@bluecrystalsoftware.com Thank you again, we appreciate your business!

IT support in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software and support!

Kommentare: We have been using Kennel Connection for 10 years. Started with KC6 with one location to now using KC7 with multi-facilty module with 2 locations. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are a pleasure to work with and always seem to resolve issues we encounter very quickly. The online service portal allows easy upload of data files for analysis and repair and allows us to maintain minimal interruptions to our business when an issue is discovered. The software itself has seen many changes and features added over the past few years and confirms their commitment to ensure it meets our needs

Overall the software works well for Daycare, Boarding, Grooming, Training and other services. The software is quite flexible once you complete the training period. While the core software is not easy to learn and navigate, the addition of the Live Access module has significantly overcome this. The integration between all the modules listed above is seamless and works amazingly well with multi-locations. The ability to sync clients and packages/accounts between the locations allows customers to attend any of our locations knowing their information and credits are avaliable.

As a multi location facility the one shortfall in the software is the lack of thriv Live Access module for multi-location facilities. However we have Been advised this is in development. The other shortfall is the inability to create custom reports.

Becky

Amazingly easy program!

Kommentare: great organization

We have been using KC since 2002!- could not be happier with customer service and easy of use- I have never been computer savy and have never had a problem or complaint that customer service is not quick to explain or help with. We have a good size staff and all are quick to learn on this user friendly, easy to navigate system.We use the online version and have been very impressed with it, despite not having the greatest internet service- we have a pickup and delivery service and the online system is very helpful to access remotely. Also, nice to be able to access and work on from home. I have seen some complaints about pop up warnings, ect- these are all things that can be turned on/off as you feel they are needed- most of them we do not use- but some are extremely helpful (I do like the suggestion of having a pet name show in red if they have a warning tho) - but in general- KC gives us everything we need and more to operate an active boarding, daycare and grooming business. Could not be happier!- wish they would develope a similar program for the equestrian industry!!

not much to say as far as cons go- we use the online version and the cost seems a bit high, but not sure how I would function without it !

Antwort von Software Connection

Thank you for your review and your business, Becky! We appreciate it.

Patricia
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Kennel Connection is Stellar

Kommentare: Outstanding.

We actually paid a software expert to review several kennel management products about a decade ago when we were planning our business. He recommended Kennel Connection for the quality of its design, its thoroughness, it’s user friendliness, and it’s reliability. We took our selection a step further and installed some demo programs to test. Then we began calling support lines for the various companies we were considering. Without fail, the folks at Kennel Connection were by far the easiest to connect with. Their customer service, availability, and knowledgeable staff have never let us down.

Sometimes a necessary order of operations will trip up a staff trainee. For instance, a pup in our DayPlay program who has package days must be checked out of daycare in order to use a package day before he can be checked out of, say, a groom appointment so that an invoice for that service can be created. But such minor issues are a matter of training. Additionally, gift cards can be glitchy.

Amber
General Manager in USA
Landwirtschaft, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy & Painless to use!

Kommentare: Been using KC for over 19 years! Support is ALWAYS QUICK to help & super easy to work with. We would like it to be a bit more online friendly, but overall this IS the best Kennel Software out there. We have tried them ALL, & KC by far suits our HUGE facility the best!

Very easy to use interface. Easy to train employees to use quickly. Customer Service & support is EXCELLENT & makes us love KC even more

The online portal needs improvement, which I know is in the works, but clients NEED online interaction Please make is SQUARE compatible!! PLEASE!

Sharon
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Sks

It was easy to learn easy to use..I really appreciated everything

Nothing.??? ???? ?? What more can I say

Ginger
Business owner in USA

over priced poor service too many glitches no user friendly below 1 star

Kommentare: it is an electronic client card I could have used a free program to do the same

The best service I received from this company was when I purchase it. After that I had to make a months in advance appointment to be taught the system. As a groomer who takes appointments by the week I do not know my schedule that far in advance and they want to do business with you in the middle of the work day. run far away and to make things worse I paid too much money thinking I got a complete system. Because I was not trained I use barely any of it plus to make things worse ti has glitches that has errors that just shut the whole thing off. I was promised a lot and did not get it after paying a ridiculous price and to get more I had to pay another more money as a groomer it is not like I have that much money to waste on a company with such poor customer service

over priced horrid customer service constant emails to pay them more money I am on here to find a better service for when I move and open my boarding kennel and it will not be kennel connection .

Antwort von Software Connection

Hello Ginger, I'm sorry to hear you had some issues. I'm not sure who you spoke with, but we do not require a training session to be booked months in advance. We do ask customers to make an appointment with the training department so they have a time blocked off for each person they will spend time with, but that can often be booked the next day or within a few days, depending on our schedule and yours. As for training, we also offer many training videos that you can watch in the comfort of your own home or shop when you have time to avoid needing to book specific time with a trainer if you so desire. You purchased the lite version on sale, but it sounds like you may have wanted the standard version which offers more features. If I can assist you with training or anything else, please let me know. Thank you, Jennifer

Debra
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very had to learn & use. Has kinks from showing runs booked that aren't & invoice showing wrong days

Kommentare: The ability to grow customer base

Customer service is outstanding. Fast, knowledgeable & always willing to help Ability to keep track of clients, dogs, & their information I had previously reviewed this software as Excellent after being asked to by KC when I bragged on customer service but after continued use have become very frustrated with it.

Very user unfriendly Too many steps to book dogs Run occupancy is wrong a LOT Days on invoice are often wrong & overcharge clients We have to go over every detail of invoice before charging client Frustrating to move dogs because of steps Training program very indadequate Expensive to buy outright which I did because of internet instability Despite buying it, it won't transfer to new owner when we sell kennel without paying hundreds all over again Employees constantly complaining n about it You constantly have to go back & add additional information or click another button. Overall very cumbersome & hard to use/learn Despite Customer Service always being Excellent, I've had to contact them or research questions often.

Antwort von Software Connection

Hello Debra, I'm sorry to hear you have had issues with steps. The software does work based on how you have your settings, it sounds like you may want to check those settings out to make sure it's set up to match how you run the business. I understand that you have sold the business, so please have the new owners contact us so we can assist with that. The licenses agreement is non-transferrable and that's something in the terms of service which is agreed upon when you install the software and requires a license transfer. We appreciate having you as a customers for the past few years and we wish you well.

Drea
Managing Member in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Very Happy with Kennel Connection

Kommentare: I am very happy with the Kennel Connection Software. I’ve been a happy customer since 2013, even when I was only utilizing the desktop version. But the real game-changer for my business is the Live Access/Online Reservations System. It has saved me a lot of time that I used to devote to scheduling and bookkeeping, which as a single-person operator is huge. But most of all, I am extremely happy with their Customer Service. Knowing that I can call and have brainstorming ideas and questions answered regarding how I’m using their software to the best of its abilities and my own needs really makes it so much better.

The number one feature that I like the most is the Customer Service. But I also like the Live Access because it makes working remotely so mush easier. And then I realized how much time the Online Reservation System saved me. Wow.

I wish that the Live Access system would add more modules, such as Training; and add more functionality to the invoicing/credit card aspects of the software.

Lisa

Easy program

Kommentare: My experience with KC has been a good one. I'm old school, I like that I can keep it simple and personal or add on modules if needed. CSR in customer service has helped me tremendously over the years. Thanks !

I find this program very easy to use. Although, I'm only using a small fraction of what this software is capable of, I like the simplicity of it. I have been with KC since the 90's and have had no major issues. The price seems very reasonable. I don't have all of the extra modules that are offered at an additional price, however. I like that I only pay for the ones I want to use.

I was told back in 1994 or 1995 when this program was first purchased that I would have lifetime support. I'm finding that support harder to get lately. Perhaps because I am using 2017's model. I am someone that uses maybe 5% of what this program has to offer so updating every year-two years doesn't make sense. I don't use the benefits of updated systems and I don't think they change all that much to warrant an upgrade.

Christina
President in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software and Company

Kommentare: Love it
They are always available to help. They always fix any problems that may arise in the software.

Kennel Connection is easy to use (very user friendly). I also like the fact that the software is always updating and making additions to better serve our customers.

Since I have been using kennel connection for 20 years, integration was not an issue for me. However, the thing I dislike the most would be the lack of customization a lot of areas.

Dorien
President in USA

KC Rocks

Kommentare: I've been using KC since 2007 or 8 ... When the light bulbs went off as to how it work , my thought was wow!, that's so easy... Of course we've had minor issue , But the KC support team has always been there to help, sometimes beyond their responsibility. They are always updating and open to suggestions, I have few, they are as follows
1: a 2nd Text tab (and an auto removal of the () and - for easy copy and paste)
2: left message button and a time stamp note for called & left message buttons when utilized
3: Customer access button from any page especially the the Modify Groom Appointment page
4: Most importantly Pet with warning name should be in RED on the scheduling screen not just a flashing light when opening card.
While the software cost is competitive and start up is reasonable, It is a bit over priced to renew tech support or upgrade when you have existing KC product that is a major draw back, But the soft ware is so good I swallow hard , while feeling a bit taken advantage of .
Talk to Kevin in sales , he is very customer oriented and works hard to give you the best experience possible.. Jennifer and some of the other folks I've dealt with have also been very helpful and patient with this technically challenged grandma.
I know it looks as if I had a lot of suggestion but truly in the vast ability of this software over all it's the best out there in my opinion... I've used other even had a major competitor... The best way I could describe that soft ware was so bulky it was hard to use, So I'll stick to my kennel connection for all of my locations. Oh I might mention I love that we integrate it with other computers in my salons it's wonderful to be able to check one out and check in, on the other computer at the same time... For busy salons like ours that's a major plus...

Antwort von Software Connection

Thank you for your review, Dorien! Please be sure to enter your feature requests in the support center so we have them on the list for the next version. We have kept our support renewal costs as low as possible and in line with competition. It allows us to continue to offer new features in the software and provide upgrades as well as have plenty of staff on hand to assist with support and training needs. Thank you again for your kind words, we appreciate your long term loyalty!

Crystal
Salon owner in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software but..

Kommentare: This was the first software that I ever used in my grooming career at a boarding facility. When I went out on my own and opened a grooming salon I bought this software. Loved it, but decided to try something different a few years later. While I know longer use KC, I often find myself wanting to go back to it. Their client and pet screens set up is superb! Only problem with it is the layout of the appointment book. It is difficult to use at a glance with grooming appointments and multiple groomers. Should look more like an appointment book like most other grooming softwares. Also, it has very MINIMAL, reports for the buck. This is an expensive program and should have more reports and payroll to justify the cost, but I would absolutely give up the reports and switch back if they would change the layout of the appointment tracking. It would also be nice if they would include their online booking in the demo as it's a must have for me and the amount is a lot to spend just to find out it doesn't work for me Been suggesting some of these from them for years. Hopefully someday they will listen.

Pet and client screens.

Not enough reports, expensive, no payroll, and layout of appointment screen

Antwort von Software Connection

Hi Crystal, We are revamping the program for the next release, Kennel Connection 7.0, and some of the schedules will be changing. We currently have hundreds of reports available in the system now, but if a customer feels a report is missing, we have customer feature request that allows customers to request features and reports. We are adding in over 200 requests to 7.0 for the initial release. Thank you for your review and have a great day!

Cathi
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Super efficient software for running my pet business

Kommentare: Kennel Connection support has been the best. They respond quickly and get the job done. I don't need support that often but when I do I need it done with no hassles.

The scheduling and client/pet information are easy to find, easy to enter, easy to update, easy to understand. The day care or boarding calendar is easy to read. The ability to seperate day care from boarding or add it to a boarding booking is the best system I have found. I have demo'd all the other systems and this is the only one that works for my business.

The billing section could be a bit simpler to use and understand. There are a couple of ways to do the same thing and that is confusing for new employees when training.

Suzan
DBA My-T-Fine Kennels in USA
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the best changes we have engaged in this year

Kommentare: I have been using KC for 22 years and always been impressed with any contact made with customer service! Which has honestly been very little! The program does much more that we have even taken the time to learn - but we are excited to use Access Live and not even having launched it yet to the public I have saved time today!! I am confident that this is a game changer - will save me money and time !

I am very happy with the ability of the client to request their reservation - choose their services, upload their vaccinations. They can now log in and confirm their appointments - saving me from phone calls.

so far I have not found one thing that I dislike or like least - we are pumped about it all!

Keith
Chief Executive in USA

Full of Business Critical Features and Industry Leading Support

Kommentare: Overall, KC and the entire team has been a pleasure to work with. We recommend Kennel Connection to any Pet Boarding, Daycare, and Grooming business.

We have been using Kennel Connection for about 9 years. Over time the product has continued to develop and has become the single most important piece of software for our business. The leadership is incredibly easy to work with, and they have quickly become trusted partners rather than just a software vendor.

As with any software development is a continuous process. There are features that we would love to see rolled out into the future, and Kennel Connection does a great job with keeping their roadmap up to date, and listens to the users on functionality the product lacks.

Nina
Tierarzt, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Support

Kommentare: My experience has been good overall. The support is very personable and helpful. They have helped me out of a few pickles and that is greatly appreciated. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been absolutely wonderful to us.

The software is easy to use and navigate. There are 2-3 different ways to do almost every function which can make it a bit confusing to train on with a new employee. We do like the ease of navigating the software though.

The reports can be a bit confusing and take time to understand. I wish that the import to Quickbooks worked. This would save us about 25 hours per week in manually doing our accounting. The sync doesn't work if your company takes deposits to hold reservations.

Operations manager in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kennel Connection is the way to go

Kommentare: I will be honest in this review as well. My overall experience is been absolutely amazing. The one person that makes me say this is employee named [sensitive content hidden] with a company for a long time he worked diligently and long hours. She is very customer oriented.

I’m gonna be honest in this review, I have been with his company long before Kennel Connections took over and Kennel Connection has brought the pet wear salt industry further than I could ever imagine. This company is always working hard and diligently, improving and adding new and better features to me all of our needs.

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like

Catherine
owner in Kanada
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Too much of a good thing

Kommentare: Tough to navigate - unfriendly interface - outdated design and functionality. We used it just over a year and tried to get over these issues but after staff changes and facing re-train we gave up and changed - also didn't want to have to pay the hi annual support fees and no way can run this without support. It does everything you ever imagine and lots of things I'm sure most would never use - just discovering all it can do is a daunting task in itself. You need to be a detail techy type to love this product.

Antwort von Software Connection

Hi Catherine, All the features in Kennel Connection were added by customer request. Since the industry is run differently from shop to shop, we have added in many things that you may never use, but someone else needs. We have KC7 coming out soon with over 200 new customer requested features. I'm not sure if you are aware, but we do have training videos available to help train staff, but the basics can be taught in a half hour training session which we offer free upon purchase. Our support fees are the same as, or in some cases, lower than other desktop software companies. Have a great day!

Catherine
Owner in Kanada

Our Love-Hate Relationship

Kommentare: It does everything you could ever imagine or need and then some. Figuring it out can be tricky - trying to train part-time staff to use it very difficult. Incredibly detailed and good run speed and functionality but big learning curve to get good at it and navigate from place to place quickly. Overall look not real user friendly and can feel chunky and awkward to get around but to support the great detail they provide maybe it needs to be this way. We've only been using it for 6 months and still many features we are not using and likely never will. Price is reasonable for the complexity but I can't imagine ever not having the annual support program. Upgrades come every few months it seems and couple times I've needed help from customer service and they were great. Have to go thru proper channels but have even got help on weekend once when we needed it. Training videos and support articles are very good too. As we are located in rural area and internet signal not 100% reliable we are bit nervous about cloud based software - we demo'd several different programs prior to purchase and this was by far the best choice for installed software.

Antwort von Software Connection

Hello Catherine, Thank you for your review. I hope you have taken advantage of the free training upon purchase and also the training videos. There is a drag and drop element that people tend to miss without watching our training videos or doing some training. I hope you were able to learn the easiest way to get around in the software. There are a lot of options in the software because we have over 5,000 customers and many requests to add in features. Most will find they don't need some of those features, but hopefully you can delve into the software when you have time and find more features that would be helpful to you. If you haven't figured out the drag and drop features and quicker ways to get around in the software, please let me know and I'll help you out. (jenn@bluecrystalsoftware.com) Thank you again and thank you for choosing Kennel Connection!

Joyce
Owner in Kanada
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Not with the Times - Too Time Consuming!

Kommentare: We purchased Kennel Connection at a tradeshow before researching all the other amazing ones on Capterra. We found that our manual system of Microsoft Excel and Outlook Calendar is way more functional than this program. It took us days to input all our current clients and the ease of use of system (including dates) was inconsistent. There is way too many tabs for options - which becomes overwhelming. This product might have been awesome 10 years ago - but it has not kept up with the convenience of entering clients/products and scheduling. It does not bode well for scan cards nor does it scan products correctly for invoicing. Everything is manual and takes too long, and like a previous reviewer mentioned - you need to close out of every thing you do in order to see other tabs. The run time errors are annoying. The only good thing about KC is the customer service response. I'm sad that I spent thousands on purchasing this program when there are other better programs that cost less. PS: The photo upload does not work either - and u can't book re-occurring appointments if they are on different dates - so you have to manually enter each booking.

Antwort von Software Connection

Hello Joyce, I'm sorry you are having difficulties with Kennel Connection. I looked at your file and see you haven't installed any of the updates we've posted. I'll send you a link so you can do that, as it may rectify some of your issues. If you had a client list in another file, we could have imported that for you. I'm not sure if you were aware of that? We have many tabs and options because that's what our customers have requested. With over 5,000 customers, we had to add in many options that not everyone will use but that are frequently requested. Bar code should work as we have many customers using them. Please e-mail me with more details about your issue so I can get you some help with that (jenn@bluecrystalsoftware.com) The photo upload should also work. I'd be happy to assist with this or any other issues you may be having.