Über Bonsai

Das Business-Management-Tool Bonsai bietet KMUs CRM, Rechnungsstellung, Buchhaltung und Banking.

Erfahre mehr über Bonsai

As it is now, there's no reason for my clients to even log into the portal because everything just goes to their email. But emails can get messy so i'd prefer the alternative.

Bewertungen zu Bonsai

Bonsai hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 71 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bonsai bereits verwendet?

Charles Abraham
Charles Abraham

Why I use Bonsai

Kommentare: Its been a game changer and it helped me scale my bsuiness.

Bonsai is easy to get started, and I was up and running in no time. I like how easily I am able to create and send invoices to my clients.

I wish there were a chat widget feature that I could install on my website similar to Sharpspring or HubSpot. Perhaps some collaboration with Webflow.

Jackie
Graphic Designer in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Bonsai keeps me a loyal customer!

Kommentare: Bonsai has been very essential to my freelance career when I was part time to now being a full time freelancer. When starting out, I just needed the essential tools - invoicing, accounting, time tracking, contracts and proposals - which Bonsai offered immediately. Down the line, they added new features that boosted what I can also add to my workflow management such as forms, scheduling and now a cool project board view besides the generic list view! It allowed me to have a business debit account while major banks require small businesses to be active for a certain amount of time before qualifying for a business account. Overall - NO FRILLS, but still A GEM.

Very straightforward, simple and user-friendly. Everything a freelancer or contractor needs to keep their small business financially organized is in Bonsai.

I hope the mobile and desktop app would be expanded. The browser app is cool, but I would love to just click onto an app icon to access my dashboard without having to get on Chrome. Might also be great to have a client be able to access and view their mini portal on Bonsai without creating an account - this way they can view the active project I'm working on with them and access invoices.

Industrieautomation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Nothing Good to Say About Bonsai

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Nothing likable about this brand or product.

Bonsai / Hello Bonsai is absolutely terrible. They charge ridiculous transaction fees and then hold your money up for weeks after the payment has been made. Absolutely infuriating, they have massively screwed up my business. I wish I had known this before signing up with them. I pay nearly $500 a year for their basic business services, and they charged me an additional $300 in transaction fees for my first two transactions and would not let me access the fund for over two weeks. I canceled my account with them as soon as I learned about their predatory practices. Literally, any other service would be better than Bonsai. In addition, Bonsai support is practically non-existent. I have never paid so much for a service and not been able to get an actual person on the phone to try to resolve even the most basic issues.

Mike
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bonsai improved my business 100%

Kommentare: Before Bonsai I was using many programs for proposals, CRM, invoicing, and contracts. Since switching to Bonsai I honestly have to say that I have saved several thousand dollars per year and my life has been much easier and more organized. Bonsai has systems that have automation so if a customer does one particular item the Bonsai system will automatically send an email with a form that I would like my customer to submit. Bonsai is definitely a game changer and I would highly recommend any business owner to look at their system and hopefully see the benefits that they can receive by using Bonsai.

Bonsai makes everything extremely streamlined and very easy and user-friendly. From the time I input a lead to creating the proposal to invoicing the customer and finalizing the project, Bonsai makes everything hassle-free and extremely easy.

The only suggestion I would have or like to see for Bonsai would be for them to allow me as the business owner to arrange the look and feel of how my customer dashboard is arranged.

Marley
Lead Designer in USA

Great tool business management

I've experimented with various business apps such as Bonsai, but none of them compare to its CRM and invoicing capabilities. Its combination of reasonable pricing and comprehensive features makes it unbeatable. Additionally, its customer service is exceptional.

I wish there was a better portal for clients, where we can have conversations within the portal, upload specific files within the portal, assign tasks, etc. As it is now, there's no reason for my clients to even log into the portal because everything just goes to their email. but emails can get messy so i'd prefer the alternative.

Sarah

Love Bonsai and would recommend

What's NOT the most impactful LOL! I use Bonsai for EVERY PART OF MY PROJECT ( well that, and the Google Drive). From storing client information, to creating projects, invoices, time tracking, invoices, contracts et all... Bonsai has really streamlined the administration side of my small business. They are also SUPER quick to respond with support when needed. Huge Fan of Bonsai and happy I chose them over everyone else <3

I would love to be able to add my accountant to the accounting area without having to add her as a partner... and I love the idea of the cash feature and envelopes just wish you could make this work with an external bank as I prefer to run my business account separate to the Bonsai system

Brandon
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great interface, poor quality, money grabbing company

Kommentare: If you’re a freelancer looking for something to get started very quickly, then Bonsai will be great. If you are growing beyond that, I would consider looking elsewhere. They are not scaling to support that type of customer, and it’s too easy for them to find new ways to grab more money for the same or fewer features, some of which don’t work.

Bonsai makes it easy to get started as a freelancer. Proposals, contracts, and payment processing is made easy.

In the 5 years I’ve been using Bonsai, they have introduced only two net new product features. One of which is Bonsai Payments, which is a competitor to Stripe, which they already supported. The second, Bonsai Tax, which stripped some existing and included functionality from the original offering and turned it into an add on feature for an extra $100/year. They have revamped some existing features, but they lack execution, and there are very obvious gaps in product requirements that have yet to be filled. I report a new bug almost every single time I log in, and every single time it’s confirmed by the product team. They’ve raised prices by >150% in only a few years and not improved the platform enough to warrant that.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for Freelance Web Designers and SEOs

Kommentare: Before Bonsai, it was often difficult to get paid by clients. With Bonsai's flexible online payment options and professional appearance, I usually get paid immediately on sending invoices. Same with proposals: clients love that they can pick and choose from the options I present to them and then we can revisit options later.

We're a very small shop, but Bonsai makes us look as professional as our larger competitors and helps us manage our proposal development, time tracking and online invoicing without a huge time investment in learning the software.

When I'm setting up new clients and developing proposals, I don't want to enter the client's real email address initially and accidentally send them something that's not ready for them yet, so I have to go out and create fake email addresses that I use temporarily. Would be great if there were an option to not have to enter emails initially, or if there were a fake email address option built into Bonsai.

Dan
Founder in Brasilien

Free trial for 3 months - it's going GREAT

Kommentare: So far it's going great. I'm moving my operation to Bonsai.

Ease of use, definitely. Everything is right there, intuitive.

I wish I could add one member for free, instead of 9 usd. I'd like to have a ticketing system. But I'll use a form for it, for now.I wish I could create proposals by just adding the services I've already added to the "Services" tab.

Blaine
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Well worth the money

Kommentare: I am only one month into my new business and I'm glad I've starting using Bonsai from the beginning. My clients signed my contracts immediately when I sent them using the electronic signature as opposed to waiting for them to sign my initial paper contract. I have yet to sent my first invoice, but it looks to be very simple. I've connected my bank so I can see all my expenses in a single app.

The interface is very clean and intuitive and is a breeze to use. The feature that puts it above all the rest of similar products is the accounting features. For a small, simple business, I don't need to invest in another accounting product like QuickBooks. It saves on costs and keeps everything in one plane of glass.

The only item that I find lacking in Bonsai is there is no Kanban board or other visual way to track tasks and projects.

C
Managing in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent customer/client management for solo starting out, hope Bonsai grows with small biz

Kommentare: I'm glad to have found this platform, have appreciated the ways it streamlined some of my business and remain excited about its potential. I've looked at many industry specific platforms for my service industry and they all were clunky or extremely expensive. I don't need industry-specific software though, I just need a clean, easy to use project / client management platform where I can send invoices/contracts and schedule client appointments. Bonsai has some stand-out features, among the best are its scheduling and client portal (to allow clients to view an invoice or uploaded files). Bonsai works great with apple/mac/iphone OS calendar and is very useful for client onboarding / invoicing. I would love to see Bonsai develop additional features for growing businesses, even if that involved a modest add-on fee (so long as the add-on fee didn't get carried away,)

There is a lot to appreciate with Bonsai starting with a very nice graphical interface. Most features are super easy to roll out (with the notable exception that incoming payments are frozen for the first 2 weeks plus). The online scheduler works excellently and plays very nicely with macs. The client portal is very attractive and an easy way to share invoices / files. There are lots of great starts to automate common tasks (e.g., when a client signs a contract, send the invoice) I felt like Bonsai is a 10/10 (or close) for a very small solo just getting started. If you have a handful of clients / projects a month and work alone, this will justifiably wow and make things beautifully smooth.

Solo / freelancers are Bonsai's target. Many features just don't seem to work for or consider a small business with any employees. It also doesn't seem to have features suitable to handle businesses with high volume of anything (no way to track/run reports) Although there are options to add "team" members for a monthly fee, Bonsai doesn't really recognize that a business owner might need to set user permissions or have employees involved in some but not every aspect of a business. For example, users can only be designated "partners" with access to every financial detail or "collaborators" who can do next to nothing in the platform besides view an already created project. I need an assistant to create projects, send out contracts and invoices but not be given a key to the company's entire financials. Currently there is no way to do this. Contracts cannot be sent without a company signature and the signature cannot be pre-populated. We're still trying to work around these limitations. Bookkeping automatically logs processing fees as expenses and can track other manually inputted expenses but cannot track multiple bank accounts / check writing, payroll, etc.

Victor
Artistic Director in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An ever improving platform that makes freelancing a breeze

Kommentare: Overall, I love this platform. It's straightforward and pleasant to look at. Once the mobile application can action creating proposals and contracts, making projects, adding clients and not just acting as a "review what's up in your business" companion application...

The ease of creating projects, setting up and sending proposals, and tracking billing.

Sometimes projects move quickly, and certain actions have to become manual. Expense tracking can be tricky as well — I've had issues (likely bugs) where my expenses double or even triple which throws off P&L reports. The mobile application is VERY limited, often defaulting to the desktop version for common actions.

Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Always Raving about bonsai

Kommentare: That being said, the exceptional customer service from Bonsai's team has made a real difference in my experience. They are always available to answer my questions and provide support, which is a rare find in today's digital landscape.Overall, I would recommend Bonsai to any freelancer or small business owner who values high-quality customer service and wants to streamline their workflow. While the price may be on the higher side, the time and effort saved on invoicing and contract management may make it worth it for some. However, those looking for more comprehensive proposal creation and onboarding features may want to explore other options.

Bonsai has truly been a game-changer for my freelance business. As a solo entrepreneur, I was struggling to keep track of my finances, contracts, and invoicing, which took up way too much of my time and energy. But ever since I started using Bonsai, everything has become so much more streamlined and effortless.Bonsai's user-friendly platform and intuitive features have made it easy for me to create and customize professional contracts and invoices that perfectly match my branding. Their built-in time tracking tool is a lifesaver, allowing me to track my hours and bill my clients accurately without any hassle.What really sets Bonsai apart, however, is their exceptional customer service. Their team is always available to answer my questions and provide support, and they go above and beyond to make sure that I am happy with their product.Overall, I cannot recommend Bonsai enough to any freelancers or small business owners out there who want to streamline their workflow and save time. Thanks to Bonsai, I have more time and energy to focus on what really matters - growing my business and serving my clients.

Bonsai has been a helpful tool for my freelance business, but it does come at a higher price point compared to some of its competitors. While the user-friendly platform and built-in time tracking features have saved me time and effort on invoicing and contract management, I do wish that Bonsai could do more in terms of proposal creation and onboarding new clients.

Christopher
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid Small Business Solution that grows with you.

Kommentare: It was a good experience and we will continue to use it.

I liked how it kept track of our Tax payments and let us automatically set money aside for taxes.

The fact that our clients can't see their tasks.

Kezia
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Horrendous Customer Service

Kommentare: Horrible, Worst in class

I like the tax add-on that allows me to pull P&L reports. It's the only reason I haven't canceled my subscription. Bonsai's customer service is disgusting!

Everything except the tax add-on. Bonsai canceled my account without warning because Stripe couldn't verify my identity, EVEN THOUGH in their FAQs, it says there are other ways to do so if we reach out via email.I resubscribed (since I canceled my Quickbooks and Honeybook subscriptions) and got verified, but they locked my account pending said verification. Contacted customer service via chat, and they read my message and then closed the conversation ticket.Followed up with an email and two months later, nothing has changed.

Antwort von Bonsai

letztes Jahr

Hi Kezia, We are deeply sorry to hear about your experience with Bonsai. Some of our services are only available to users with a valid identity verification from our identity partner. There is unfortunately no workaround or manual identity review we can perform as an alternative. This is a one-time procedure for new users and I am sorry it didn't work out. Our support team is however happy to assist you in cancelling your subscription and transitioning to another tool. I am sorry that Bonsai cannot serve your business today. Thank you

Celia
Founder in Kolumbien
Design, Selbstständig

Best app for entrepreneurs and service providers!

Kommentare: It's been a year that I manage all my client contracts, proposals and bills with Bonsai and it has been a game changer! Thanks for this wonderful app! I always recommend it to my entrepreneur friends and colleagues that want to launch their business!

I love the ease of use of Bonsai, its personalized templates and the modern aspect of the app. As a designer I need to have good looking proposal and the app makes it really easy to customize documents.

The fees that are applied when the client pays online can be a pain point for some of my clients, and can extend to more than 3%. Bonsai is a great app but I would love to have lowers payment fees to keep my prices as they appear on my proposals.

Sarah
Graphic Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Great way to centralize your business

Kommentare: Overall good! Happy to have my business admin simplified.

Being able to have my contracts, invoicing and scheduling all in one place has really helped to streamline the backend parts of my business.

The initial payout for the invoicing was over two weeks. I understand that it is in place to ensure security, however that amount of time can feel like forever to a small business.

Ashley
Visual Designer in USA

All in One App

Kommentare: Having all timing and billing information in the dashboard has made me aware of my ongoing projects, unpaid invoices, and expenses at a glance.

Bonsai's user experience is very intuitive, and well designed. My main uses are time-tracking and invoicing. For a pretty practical price, I can do all my business management needs in one place.

One feature I would love to see improved is the Desktop Time Tracker. Currently is doesn't allow you to save your time for specific tasks within a project. Sometimes, I need to invoice tasks separately and right now the desktop app lumps them into one project.

Yeshe

Consulting Business MVP

Kommentare: Our overall experience with bonsai is overwhelmingly positive, especially with their great customer support and their steady flow of new features. I don’t foresee us outgrowing bonsai, as the features and tools are easily scalable to service-based businesses of any size.

Bonsai is invaluable to us as it handles some of the most important aspects of our business. Time tracking, task management, invoicing, collecting payments, expense tracking are all handled via a user-friendly interface (website, extension, macOS app, iOS app). Bonsai is our MVT (most valuable tool)!

Above all else, we use bonsai for accurate time tracking on projects, so when the mac app and website suddenly wouldn’t allow us to log in, we were frustrated. Thankfully, bonsai came through with a fix that solved it.

Ben
Founder & Director in USA

Long-time user

It is very easy to use. The customer service is excellent. It works near-perfect for my invoicing, expense-tracking, proposals, and contracts.

I wish the project management feature were more built out. If this were the case, we wouldn't have to use an external tool (AirTable) in addition to Bonsai. Also, the mobile app doesn't have all the sections or features that the desktop version does.

Nathan
Producer/Owner in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bonsai is good, but the price is quite a bit

Kommentare: I love Bonsai. They reply fast to questions. They took great care of us..and we loved using their service for over a year...and now that we are using Indy, I miss a lot of features that Bonsai has...

I love how easy it was to whitelabel and have a customer portal that easily looked like it was a part of our website.

The cost is a lot. We ended up switching to Indy because we needed basic project management features without spending a ton.

Kimberly
N/A in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Bonsai takes care of the hard work so I don’t have to

Kommentare: Overall, this has helped my processes a ton. I don’t have to worry about as much or spend as much time as I used to putting together invoices and following up on proposals and contracts.

Bonsai automates and streamlines all of the client and business management elements that would otherwise take up a lot of my time.

Nothing to dislike here! I’ve enjoyed my Bonsai experience.

Lee
CEO in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I am satisfied a large part due to customer service.

Kommentare: It was [sensitive content hidden] at first but again i appreciate the customer service that [sensitive content hidden] provided! He was incredibly helpful and the reason i continue to use this platform.

I love the customer service and once they get back with you they seem genuinely interested in providing solutions.

I was locked out of my account because I no longer had access to my to my old phone and should have been able to verify another way. Instead I had to reach out to support when the function could have simply been an additional option using the interface. I also feel like the processing fees from my contract being $40 and $50 bucks I should have 24 hour support but I understand.

Bethany
Chief Editor in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

A Lifesaver

Kommentare: As someone who is primarily a creative, having some of the business elements of my work streamlined through Bonsai has been very helpful in taking care of my clients. Best investment I've made in my business.

I'm a freelance writer and editor, and the business interface options have added to the sense of professionalism around my company. For me specifically, the invoicing, online payment options, and tax prep options have been lifesavers for me. Knowing I have an invoice history with details of payment processing fees, as well as space to track my expenses throughout the year, has made my taxes easier too.

Some tutorials on using templates and some of the automation options would be helpful.

Travis
Video Editor in USA
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Bonsai is a Great Service for Freelancers and Small Businesses

Kommentare: Overall, Bonsai provides a great service for Freelancers and Small Businesses. They have all the tools and resources needed to conduct business and get paid. Their invoices are very straightforward so as not to confuse the client's when they receive their invoice.

Bonsai has all the tools a freelancer, or small business, may need to contract work.

Sometimes it takes a few days to get a response from Bonsai's customer service reps but they have a forms page that has a lot of answers. This form can answer most of the questions you have so you don't have to contact customer service reps.