Über Adobe InDesign

Cloudbasiertes Tool, das Unternehmen Tools zur Erstellung von Grafikdesigns und zur Optimierung von Marketingvorgängen bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Adobe InDesign

The expense and Adobe's inability to play nice with operating systems has always been a pain, and an expensive one.

Bewertungen zu Adobe InDesign

Adobe InDesign hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 265 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Adobe InDesign bereits verwendet?

Simon

Md Fateh Ali
Md Fateh Ali
UX/UI Designer in Bangladesch
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best software to create designs for print and publishing media.

Kommentare: Adobe InDesign helps me a lot to create newsletters, magazines, brochures, flyers, and marketing materials design. I really feel comfortable designing with this amazing software. The functionality and features seem easy to me as an adobe user. If you are familiar with other design software like Photoshop and Illustrator, it will be easy to operate for you.

Adobe InDesign is one of my favorite software to create a design for print and publishing media. The user interface is pretty good and similar to other Adobe software like Photoshop and illustrator. That's why it's easier to design with this tool. It's capable of doing a great job in gutters, alignment, spacing, typography, and advance layout.

Pricing and lack of advanced features in terms of pages and frames. It takes tremendous resources to operate this tool.

Sean
Compliance Manager in Trinidad und Tobago
Öl & Energie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Short Learning curve - A must have for text-based content creation.

Kommentare: Coming from using photoshop for creating designs for flyers and brochures - company profiles ect... and this has been an absolute eye-opener. Now I feel like i know what the pros do. I can edit elaborate,(and readable, text-heavy + image-rich content with huge page-counts without creating monstrously big file-size. - nothing can convert into pdf as efficiently as Adobe InDesign. I have found myself almost fully ditching Photoshop, Microsoft Word and others for weeks at a time because editing here feels effortless for me (someone that loves beautifully designed and thought out documents) . The only big gripe for me is that InDesign isn't very well adopted by my collogues... so when they need to edit a file that i made - they cant easily open it like they would an MS Word document.

IT just works! - it looks like a photoshop-ey interface, but the user experience is more fitting to Designers/Nothing else seems to convert my elaborate book designs filled with HD images into PDFs with the level of optimization like InDesign does.It feels like a proper design tool but with a built-in word processor. A perfect middleground between Design and Word functionality.Its an Adobe product so it gets updated often! and now with those nifty Ai tools that automagically makes your work alot easier!

Its an Adobe product so its probably on the expensive end for a non-pro user.Coming from Photoshop - I had to rethink the way i designed and that was a small but noticeable learning curve.Lacks some of the granular functionality of Microsoft Word to be considered a possible competitor for word processing.

liz
User Experience Support in Australien
Architektur & Planung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

InDesign is an industry standard

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I am still a user of InDesign and it has served me well for the last decade or two! Because of the cost factor, and competitors value, I will be forced to use Affinity from next month onwards :(

InDesign is a great desktop publishing tool that I would say is quite easy to learn and serves as an amazing tool for creating documents. The memory function is definitely handy, seems to recover quite accurately after crashes.

I think it's quite expensive. Our company has recently made the move to Affinity due to the cost factor. Would also be good to integrate with OpenAsset a bit better.

Emilio
Designer in Spanien
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The standard for layout designing and publishing

Kommentare: I love InDesign, I've been using it almost all my life. But it as time goes by it is becoming more and more outdated. Although there are new softwares more capable in many areas I'm not switching because InDesign it's the standard

It is the most complete software for publishing and layout designing. Once you are used to it, it is capable almost of everything. There are many feature to automate repetitive task which are super convenient.

It is becoming outdated. I find annoying the fact that you cannot open a document generated with a newer version of InDesign. Launching it is super slow even though it is not a demanding resources program. There are not many tools for digital publish layouts, and the ones that it has are outdated.

Julie
Marketing in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Software, But Rather Complex

Kommentare: Like all Adobe programs, InDesign is incredibly powerful and robust...almost TOO powerful. It's got a lot of little intricacies you likely will never use or need...If you do, great--they're there! But if you don't, them it's just more buttons and tabs and windows and options for you to have to dig through in order to reach the features you DO use. Still a million times better than trying to layout a document in Microsoft Word though!!

It's very powerful and can do a ton of things. After using InDesign, and being able to customize so much of my graphic design and text, I now prefer to use this over most programs, including Microsoft Word. The guides are always helpful, ensuring that my elements are evenly spaces and aligned properly. I love being able to easily copy an entire page and all it's elements, and then rearrange things while still in the same document so I can see how a design progresses as I tinker with various elements of the layout and end up with several variations and options. The program is capable of so much, and I'm always continuing to learn more new and helpful tricks.

1. The cost. Thankfully this is paid for by my employer, because I wouldn't be able to afford to use it otherwise. It's also rather annoying that I don't have the option to just outright purchase a license to OWN. No, like most other software these days, you can only "lease" it, paying by the month. This program does not have enough major updates to truly need access to the latest version. I could work from an older version quite happily. 2. FONTS. I don't know what the deal is, but I always have issues with the fonts, and regardless of how many times I waste my time, reconnecting each font style when I open a document, I inevitably have to do it each and every time. It's time consuming and cumbersome, and considering the fonts are installed directly in my computer's font library, I don't see why it has such an issue. I could possibly understand if I were only using font's from Adobe's library on the cloud, however, this particular font is installed. 3. The fact that I cannot easily change the color of an icon with a cover overlay or something similar. It's a minor point, but as icons have become so popular lately, they are featured in almost all of my documents and layouts. The only way I've found to do it thus far is a messy workaround that involves using the Inner Glow feature, and changing about 6 different but specific settings in order to change the color of the icon. It's a bit of a hassle for a task that feels rather basic. 4. My user view/layout. You have the option to customize your own layout, which I have done...and yet the layout CONSTANTLY gets reset back to the default....and my custom one has disappeared, so I don't even have the option to select it any more! Given that experience, I haven't bothered to create a new custom view because it seems futile, since it'll continue to be reset with each update, AND I'm not confident that view won't mysteriously disappear like my previous one. 5. Not the most intuitive. Its complexity is both a blessing AND a curse, and if you use a lot of other Adobe products, it'll look familiar and you'll be able to identify a lot of the buttons and figure things out. However, new people will likely have a bit of a struggle learning their way around. Also, there's SO many features that a lot of them area tucked away, "hidden" in various drop downs, buttons, options, etc. It's hard to remember where things are if you don't use them very regularly. It's difficult to truly learn the whole program. I've been using it for 13+ years, and I still feel like I'm just mediocre with it.

Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My indispensable layout king

Kommentare: the overall experience is better, Indesign is a software that has been able to adapt to my desires, today I can create an ebook layout in a few clicks, so if I can't let my imagination grow, that's the limit of indesign.

Synchronized assembly of content: Shapes, images, text

What I like most about indesing is the higher price list.

Neil
Landscape Technician in UK
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

InDesign is Essential to our Business

Kommentare: Overall an incredible piece of software, the industry standard for creative layout design

InDesign is an essential tool that we use every day to get our work done! Simply the best

It does have a steep learning curve if you are new to it

Tiara
Tiara
Founder in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Holy Grail of publishing

Indesign is a part of Adobe Suite so it can integrate with other Adobe programs. I mostly use it in conjunction with Photoshop and Lightroom. Indesign also feature many customizable layouts to create beautifully curated print designs.

Large files can become an issue if you don't have a computer with sufficient storage space. Also, because of the large files, exporting can be very time consuming. External storage may be necessary.

Dario
Customer Advisor for gaming community in Italien
Verbraucherdienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The best graphic software for articles and books

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Adobe inDesign as for power and for functionality is the best software for graphic design and if you use with Illustrator and Photoshop you can really discover the power of this software

I like the facility to use as I’m not an expert with adobe suite, but indesign is very easy and understandable

Maybe I would change something in the interface, as it is very confusing and sometimes I struggle to find a tool or just the text tool

Elizabeth
Musician in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Great Product for Logo/Branding and Design

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

The ability to use multiple Adobe products and share files between them, as well as save files in Adobe cloud makes inDesign convenient. As with all Adobe creative products, it's at the top of the list of products in the design area.

It's more expensive than other products with similar features.

Minelly
Photographer / Graphic DEsigner in Kanada
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Very high functionalities for page setups

Kommentare: InDesign is my go-to program when it comes to creating or modifying a visual composition. I did my last product catalog with this program. It was a charm!

InDesign offers the ability to create a neat, high-quality document that can support many types of files at once. For example, if you have an image, text, shapes and some colouring, it will keep the vector aspect of the whole composition. Navigating through the menus is very clear and intuitive. Another key feature is the possibility to create 'styles' for text and paragraphs. This means that if a certain type of text needs to be repeated many types on the page, you can simply click on the style and it will automatically convert it to the registered setting. InDesign lets you create very detailed documents with a multitude of tools & options available.

It does require a monthly subscription that could be pricey to some. It also uses a lot of RAM out of your hard drive to operate the program.

Kristan
Architect Assistant in UK
Architektur & Planung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

InDesign is the best way to create beautiful presentations

Kommentare: InDesign helps our company produce stunning presentations which make use of InDesign's ability to combine a whole range of visual outputs from different programs into one unified platform. It is highly adaptable for different purposes and always produces great results.

This software has been my go to for presentations for nearly 10 years. Vastly superior to PowerPoint in its ability to import, customise and maintain the highest quality of export with the most control. InDesign provides the platform to combine all the content produced across the Adobe suite and beyond into a unified, well structured presentation.

The ability to work intelligently with auto features such as autocorrect, content recognition and generative options that could aid the design of various documents. I'm aware some of this is existent but could be more obvious to use.

Sam
Designer in USA

Layout design made easy

Kommentare: When it comes to multi-page layouts and designs, Adobe InDesign has tremendously improved my productivity. To come up with the greatest layouts for my designs, I can easily align text and develop different styles. When designing on a larger scale, InDesign definitely comes in handy. I also really like the guides and alignment options that InDesign has to offer.  While its shortcuts and user interface appear to be less intuitive than Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, it is still an incredibly useful program that can be used in conjunction with other Adobe programs. I think it's a must-have for the majority of designers.

For me, InDesign has been quite beneficial with the work I do. It's arguably the Adobe product I use more than any other option.  When it comes to layouts, InDesign is far superior to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. The amount of guidelines and item snapping are two of Adobe InDesign's biggest strengths. When aligning text and photos, for example, all of the elements snap into place and effortlessly align with each other. InDesign also makes it simple to generate new spreads and pages, as well as rearrange them if the layout needs to be changed.  When I'm trying out different design possibilities on a spread and need to experiment with different widths and page orientations, InDesigns alternative layouts feature comes in handy.

InDesign accomplishes a lot of things effectively, but it has one major flaw: its shortcuts and features differ significantly from those of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. These inconsistencies irritate me because I have to continuously halt and consider which program I'm using. Anchor points with the pen tool in InDesign interact differently than anchor points in other Adobe programs. More uniformity between Adobe applications is something I'd like to see more of.

Ruffin
Operations Mgr in USA
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly powerful graphic layout software

Kommentare: I have been using this software for over 10 years and at this point I am so comfortable and accustomed to using InDesign that I no longer use basic text-editing software like MS Word. The software is definitely geared towards graphic arts and publication professionals so it is not an easy software to learn per se, but in my experience it's capabilities and functionality are unparalleled.

InDesign is an incredibly powerful and capable software for graphic/print design layout. It is designed to integrate with the other Adobe Creative Cloud (formerly Creative Suite) software (primarily Illustrator and Photoshop) and for the most part it integrates seamlessly when used correctly. There's an endless amount of tutorials, guides, and troubleshooting available online so it can be easy to figure things out on your own if you're already somewhat familiar with the software. There are also lots of paid and free plug-ins and scripts available online that can expand InDesign's functionality for specific needs.

One of the biggest qualms with InDesign is that it is currently only available as a subscription model. This can make it more affordable for users who only need access for a short period, but power users who use the software regularly will need to plan on paying for a subscription for the entire time they need the software. While the subscription model allows for regular update releases, that can be problematic when dealing with files that were generated from software versions different than your own.

Sarah
Marketing manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid Publishing Design Tool

Kommentare: Initially is a little daunting for new users to get up to speed, but once you do this program is a powerful tool for both print and digital publishing layouts. Would recommend for sure!

InDesign seamlessly meshes with other Adobe products which is great. Love being able to use the libraries feature and have all our brand content at my fingertips.

Love that there is a collaborative editing/share for review feature, but also wish that multiple users could work in the same document in real-time. Would love if a spelling and grammar checker were automatically included too. Would be helpful for longer, text heavy documents.

M Choiril
M Choiril
Layout magazines & books in Indonesien
Design, Selbstständig

Layout magazines & books so much easier

Kommentare: Overall I am very comfortable using this, although at first, it was difficult to learn to understand this software. But as I worked on many tasks, I finally got used to it and there are so many amazing features of this software. My layout work is faster and easier because it is assisted by Adobe InDesign software

At first, I was confused about using this software, starting from the previous generation, namely Adobe Pagemaker. But since switching to InDesign it started to feel better. Because of the pressure factor for the need to serve layout jobs that take up a lot of pages, this software is very suitable for use. I got a lot of new experience from this software when I was still working at a publishing company, where I was introduced to various very useful features including Paragraph Style, Multiple Master Pages, Kerning, Leading, and how to export files to make the size lighter.

Because this software has many very advanced features, finally for most people, especially beginners, it is very difficult to adapt at the beginning. Many of the beginners gave up learning this software.

Christian
Desktop Publisher in Ruanda
Verlagswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Graphic design tool always ahead of the competition

Kommentare: Very good experience

Advanced, rich features that fit every industry needs any time for all designers, artists, influencers etc... Its user interface is high quality and user-friendly. InDesign works on all operating systems. It's cloud-based, which facilitates continuity from any device and allows collaboration among team members. Works harmoniously with all abode applications.

Priced at bit higher. It's feature-rich but this comes as consequence because it's relatively heavy and can take a bit longer to load.

Lina
Freelance Graphic Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Great industry standard with room for improvement

Kommentare: Very positive usability experience that I cannot imagine my daily work without. A must have for every level of designer.

This is a great industry standard software, that is a must for every designer. I like it compatibility with other adobe programs and if you know how to use one of them, like Photoshop, transitioning to indesign is quite easy. It is hard to pinpoint my favourite feature, because to be completely honest, it has everything you need to create print ready artwork. It doesn't require any additional plug ins or paid features, it just is a completely fully functioning program.

I think it could benefit from having an option for a very minimal image editing feature. Since all the adobe programs connected, I wish you could change the image from RGB to CMYK straight in InDesign instead of opening it in photoshop. It's a small step, but something that every designer has to do to make print ready designs.

duncan
owner in UK
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Best layout software

Kommentare: since first using indesign i have found it the best and being from adobe the tools and shortcuts are all familiar

ease of use and fully functional does everything i need

would like to see the ability to add a + sign to features like leading on the fonts

Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Why should you use Adobe InDesign today ?

Kommentare: I used it a year ago to print documents and some of my designs, as everyone advised me to use it for ease of handling.

One of the strongest and best features that Adobe InDesign has are the fonts, the amount of beauty in the forms of texts is indescribable, some of them use them in book covers, and some of them in designing images ,posters and interactive PDFs, so it is not without its use when it comes to texts. The beauty of the program is also that you can change and modify very quickly on your work, so you will save time for yourself. There is not much difference between Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop in this area, but Adobe InDesign has tools, menus and features ready to create this type of designs more easily and more effectively, so time will be on your side. Ease of dealing with the program is an excellent point as I noticed that the new people who entered the design,they started in this program because it is easy to deal with unlike other programs. There is a free trial for 7 days, you can dive and explore the program, and it also works on Mac OS or Windows.

Editing in InDesign is more difficult. When formatting text, you notice that there is extra and sometimes missing space, it takes a little effort to balance it. The trial period in the past was 30 days, now it is 7 days, this does not give enough time to try it, because it is a bit expensive.

Angela
Music Team Coordinator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Super Detailed Program!

Adobe InDesign works great to create detailed material (like flyers, posters, booklets, etc...)

I thankfully am the one who doesn't do the initial creation of files for our organization. Someone else creates them, then I go in and proof and edit. I think ID is a more complicated program to use. Maybe it's just because I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I do think it's super detailed and can be confusing as to how to utilize it. I DO think it's a great program - if you can get some training on it and spend some time figuring out all the cool features! I just prefer something a little more simple. However, it works great for our church for all the graphic needs we have and all the printed material we put out regularly!

Lucas
Lucas
Project Manager in USA
Hochschulbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The market leader, with all the love and disgust that that position generates

Kommentare: We use InDesign as part of our publishing suite to create books and curricular components.

One of the most significant advantages of InDesign is its integration with the Creative Cloud suite. That relates to its biggest disadvantage: price (see below). But the ability to link to Illustrator or Photoshop files, and have those linked files update in InDesign when they're edited, is powerful. Even though crashes are actually not uncommon, the attention to detail with which the program is crafted gives the sense that this is a high-quality, thoughtful, and competent program. I love the layers of automation and workflow efficiency baked in, even though I don't use nearly all of them.

Biggest drawback: subscription pricing. It's worth it for work, probably, though I keep wondering if Serif's products aren't a good alternative. Also, Adobe interfaces can be clunky in general. I'm personally not a fan of the Touch interface that Adobe volunteers for my laptop.

Oumarou
Oumarou
CEO in Kamerun
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good but not for beginners

Kommentare: My overall experience was bad not because the tool itself is bad but because it’s not for beginners. It requires some experience in graphic design

Indesign is a good tool if you are a professional graphic designer.

This tool can be confusing if you don’t have graphic design skills. It’s not for beginners. It cost also high.

Jacob
Jacob
Creative Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

What everyone uses for layout, for better or worse

When laying out text, images, preparing documents for printing, and making mass changes across a document, InDesign is fantastic and very intuitive and fluid. The fact that so many people within the design field use this software, makes sharing and inheriting files from other people relatively stress-free.

There are many quirks and functionality issues that come into play depending on your project. For example, we deal with importing tables into documents on a regular basis and InDesign is very particular about how those can be imported and implemented.

Aria
Design Consultant in Indonesien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Modern Day "Old Timer" Layout Designing Software

Kommentare: I'm using this software for years, and so far I can say there's no other software can comparatively match this one in this functionality, ease of use, and design-bank capabilities.

Adobe InDesign is not something new in layout designing, and recent updates are very valuable for everyone in this area. In short, I personally can say this is an "old-timer" software with modern day interface that can be easily operated, even for a beginner.

Online integration sometimes being a handicap for people that are living in areas with poor internet coverage.