Über MEGA

The most sophisticated cloud storage in the world. MEGA provides private, secure cloud storage, using end-to-encryption technology.

Erfahre mehr über MEGA

Bewertungen zu MEGA

4,0

MEGA hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 31 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MEGA bereits verwendet?

Pierfrancesco maria P.
Pierfrancesco maria P.
Ceo & Founder in Italien

Extra gigabytes and always available

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Tried years ago out of curiosity, now it's my first storage resource

Even with the free version there is immediately a lot of extra space available ... convenient even for large files

Nasir A.
Nasir A.
Senior Project Manager in Pakistan

Cloud Storage with Best File Manager

Kommentare: Overall experience with Mega is great. We use it for file sharing between agency and client. It is so convenient for technical people at the agency and the laymen at the client-side. Apart from the bandwidth thing, it is so simple and easy to use, and highly reccomended.

The best thing about Mega is its File Manager. The File Manager or the UI is so simple and easy to use. There is Drag and Drop Functionality which is very helpful. Unlike other cloud storage, its interface is just like our operating systems where file management is so easy and simple. Even a layman can use it easily. 2nd thing is its free space, as it provides 20GB to 50GB free space for new users.

The least likable thing about Mega is its bandwidth limitation. As you can not download and upload unlimited data on the Mega free version, even on paid version there is a data upload and download limit. On the comparator Cloud and File sharing, there is almost no bandwidth.

Ismayil K.
Junior Software Engineer in Aserbaidschan

Best Software for Data Transferring

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: This is a great software for transferring any data and I use it almost every day. I recommend this software for sure.

The most important advantage of this software is that you can download any files at a high and stable speed. Also, MEGA gives a lot of bonuses like storage space and data transfer permissions.

There are some limitations for free users like limited data transfer for 24 hours. However, you can still use it more by gaining bonuses.

Alejandro S.
Alejandro S.
Engineer in Ecuador
Öl & Energie, Selbstständig

Mega, just another cloud storage service

Kommentare: It worked quite well for me to save documents and files that I needed to have on hand anywhere, sadly when the free space filled up and I wanted to create another account with my other email address, the space they gave me was only 20 GB and I decided to switch to Google Drive in its paid version, which was cheaper than Mega.

Personally, I use the free Mega service, since at the beginning it offered 50 GB of capacity and this was a great advantage over other services such as Google Drive or Dropbox, currently it only offers 20 GB for free, which is still more than that offer other services.

Mega's payment service is more expensive than other alternatives like Google Drive, so it is not worth paying for it. In its free version, having reduced the capacity from 50 to 20 GB, also made me look for other free alternatives that offer more space

Fred J.
Fred J.
ESL teacher in Türkei
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A trusted cloud for your docs

Kommentare: Mega came to me the moment I wanted a trusted cloud to put my video files there I couldn't pay that much for One drive and Google cloud and I needed a trusted alterative. buying subscription never been easier It includes all the payment options from Crypto to PayPal and the price is amazingly fair .The servers never let you down no matter what location you try to upload your files .I definitely suggest friends to sue Mega as their primary cloud while I don't know whether my friends in China would be able to sue it as well or not .

Well the servers are powerful and smooth ,the UI and connectivity is legit and straightforward also I could use Cryptocurrency for buying subscription Which I personally love that so much . The files and folders are well categorized the way I could find all of my files in the shortest time .The availability of the app on both windows and Phone make me relax .

I didn't like the customer support . I had some problem for the payment it took me couple of days to hear from them .nothing serious about Mega I like using it .

Said S.
Said S.
Educacion in Mexiko
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

O-Mega-Drive

Kommentare: I used it for a short time as my main cloud, but I think it is not for me. It is for people who store a large number of files, mainly multimedia

I must admit that MEGA's storage modalities are exorbitant, it is a lot of storage and software that allows you to upload or download files very quickly. The organization as a search engine or file finder is what attracted me the most since it is the easiest to use of all the online storages that I have tested. And the ZIP storage compatible features saved me a lot on my SSD

The price was what made me disinterested since the options they offer are too good, but they were too much for me and those who collaborated with me, in addition to sometimes not understanding how privacy worked.

Juan manuel C.
Juan manuel C.
Web Developer in Argentinien
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A favorable evolution

Kommentare: A great evolution of its predecessor "megaupload". The entry service already offers a large number of gigs (50GB compared to 5 or 15 of the competition). And the plans, although they are expensive for the region, have a very fair price. For example, they are worth twice as much as Google Drive but offer 4 times more space.
The end-to-end encryption system is a great success. The interface is very clean and clear and it also allows you to assemble folders in a very comfortable way.
A detail that is not minor, is that it is a service used by many who share their files and this allows you to have a connection

- Lots of free entry space. - Guaranteed security - Encrypted files - Well known and used service

- The price - Some slowness when uploading files

Haszleen S.
Haszleen S.
Brand Manager in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The pros and cons of MEGA

Kommentare: MEGA is quite fast in downloading files, and can resume the download process is there are interruption on the internet connection. There are some feature that i don't like, but still it is a good software.

MEGA as a cloud storage and file sharing software is pretty good. It has a large free storage for a free account that are registered with theme. If a video files are stored in here, it has a video media player than can stream and play the video without having to download the file first.

I don't like that in the downloading process, it will store the files on the cloud storage first and not directly on my computer local storage. Only after the files transfer is complete, i can download it into my computer local storage. User also need to have an account with MEGA first before they can download the files.

Sajal G.
Partner in Indien

A file storage system that works well!

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall, the experience with MEGA has been great so far with just a little spanner that they don't have smaller plans to cater to an individual's requirements who doesn't need 400GB of space. Also, the transfer caps is something that only MEGA has and no other vendor is having that.

Ease of UI and really simple UI and UX besides getting a 50GB free space.

Pricing - that's a pain point. Google One is offering 200GB worth of space at just about USD28 per year whereas the minimum Mega plan is with 400GB of space at USD68 per year.

Jonathan A.
Jonathan A.
Attorney-at-Law in Trinidad und Tobago
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My Mega experience

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Pleased with the service. Would recommend.

- end to end encryption; definitely a must in this era, ensures security and privacy of files; - service is generally easy to use and navigate; - generous 20 gb of free storage; - desktop app for quicker uploads; - easy to use mobile app; and - source code of their applications is available for all to see and scrutinize which is a plus for transparency and builds trust in the service.

UI and UX could use some work; particularly when uploading documents and stopping uploads. The UI and UX can be a bit confusing.

Muhammad I.
YouTuber, Freelancer in Pakistan
Internet, Selbstständig

Mega, Perfect Place For Personal Use

Kommentare: If you want to judge my overall experience with the mega, Then you can imagine from here, I start using the Mega in 2016 and now my whole family is using the mega. Even we also use to prefer mega for chat purposes too. Do you know why? Because mega has a cloud messaging system and my family messages are not going to disappear anytime. I can always read the chat of my family and friends anytime I want and can enjoy the moments when I received that message.
Now if you are also thinking of start using the Mega, Then definitely I will recommend you with a 10/10 rating and I assure you that mega will never disappoint you.

I have liked to encryption system of mega too much. There is always an option of generating the password key separately as well as combine with a link. I'm using the mega for cloud purposes. And I'm saving my family's memories on the mega server. I have stored a lot of pictures and videos related to friends and family. There are also a lot of documents that I have stored on the mega server and I have not afraid of getting into any problem. I can manage folders and files inside mega. I have liked the folder system of mega too much and the basic plan is also an amazing service at all. I was unaware of Mega and then I start using the Mega with the basic plan. After that, I realized I may lose data from my system so I should store it in a safe place. Then I came to the Mega for a safe and trusted place. There is always an option of sharing files any time I want without my hesitation. The chat system of Mega always remains my favorite at all. I can share uploaded photos, videos, and documents with my family through the Mega chat system. I'm using the Mega android application for chat purposes and for sharing files with my family and friends. But for uploading and manage folders I use to prefer the Mega site. I found both methods reliable and safe.

Of course Mega is my favorite at all and there is nothing that needs to be complained about or needs to be improved. Mega has changed my life very smartly and now I am using the mega on a daily basis. Memories are the perfect way to change your mode when you feel alone. And I use to store my memories on a mega server. I have my engagement pictures and videos on the mega server. And I use to enjoy them, whenever I use to go away from my home. I started using the mega from the basic plan and now I'm using a paid package plan. And I found the pricing section very affordable. Now if anybody will ask me, where you will be storing your personal data for the next 10 years? Then definitely my response will be the Mega sever. I have used a lot of cloud services but I found it mega different at all. And I'm going to use this for a lifetime.

Marcius R.
Entrepreneur in Rumänien
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Great performance, generous resources at great prices!

Kommentare: I've been using MEGA for a few years now. It's not the only thing I use, I also use Microsoft 365, mostly because I'm stuck with it with my S Mode laptop. I use free version of Google Drive. I used IceDrive and most recently I started using Storj for the cheaper price.
I completely gave up on using DropBox (always hated it).
MEGA is great. It's the kind of reliable service where you just set-it and forget-it. I've set everything up in the beginning - the folders that I needed to be synced - and then I don't even need to touch it, unless I want to pull something out from it. You could say that I use it daily, but it actually just runs itself in the background.

Everything you need from a file storage service you can get it at MEGA. You have a desktop app, to auto-sync whatever folders you selected. You have a phone app, to auto-upload and store your photos and videos. You have encryption. You have file sharing. You have team members. You have a browser extension. You have a quick pie-chart of used capacity. You have great speeds. You have great prices. Absolutely everything you need in a file storage service. I can't think of anything missing.

The only con here is the pricing. While yes, it's lower than mainstream deals, it's still not ideal. Pricing is great for higher levels, but most people don't need 16TB of file storage, so we're either stuck trying to squeeze things into the 400GB or need to get the bigger 2TB option. It does seem like the pricing structure is setup for you to go after the 2TB option. The one thing that I would LOVE if they get, is to add their app to the Windows Store. I can't install MEGA on a Windows 10 in S Mode laptop because it's not in the Windows Store and I don't want to exit the S mode on that laptop. So for file storage services I think it's important if they get this extra step. But the Windows Store is mostly empty and no-one gives it any time, yet for the S Mode computers it's important.

Falisha Z.
Falisha Z.
Software Engineer in Malaysia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Cloud storage with MEGA

MEGA works well as a cloud service and file-sharing program. It offers a large amount of free storage space for those that sign up for an account with them. If a video file is saved here, it has a streaming media player that can watch and play a video without first downloading it.

I'm not too fond of the fact that the data are initially stored on the cloud storage throughout the downloading process rather than immediately on my computer's local storage. I can only download the files into my computer's local storage after the file transmission is complete. Additionally, users must set up an account with MEGA before downloading anything.

Shahirah L.
Shahirah L.
Personal Banker in Malaysia
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best for storing media type file

I have use MEGA to share and store media type files, like video and audio, as they has an embedded player than can stream the media directly from the software without me having to download the file before playing it. They have a free account that has decent amount of free storage that user can use it freely.

Downloading the files from the web browser version of the software is not effective at all. I need to stay on the MEGA webpage on the download process, and if i change to the other tab, the download process will be halt and worst, i had to start the download process from the beginning.

Rita carla francesca M.
Rita carla francesca M.
Author in Italien
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Great cloud service

Kommentare: I'm using Mega together with two more cloud services to be sure I have a back-up copy of my files in more places, so that they don't get lost. It works seamlessly together with other similar applications without conflicts.

Having 50 Gb of free space, which gives you the opportunity to try it for a long time with a huge amount of files before deciding to buy it. Moreover I especially like the fact I can pause the upload process of each single file, thus deciding which one is uploaded first.

The upload process for a file sometimes fails when it's almost completed and it starts over again. But you can prevent it from happening by pausing the upload of other files.

Student of Electrical and Metrology in Portugal
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best cloud service ever!

Kommentare: I have been using MEGA for some time, I use it to save some files as a Backup. MEGA has saved me a lot of troubles a few times. Thanks MEGA!

I love that MEGA offers you possibilities to increase your cloud storage such as inviting your friends and for each friend invited you to earn 5GB of additional storage!!! Also, if you don't want to invite someone, you can always earn additional storage by installing their software, verifying your phone number and etc. I earned 15GB additional storage just verifying email, phone number, etc! Cool right? I don't think MEGA has download speed limits, I always download at a reasonable speed! And of course, MEGA is all encrypted.

I just think the upload speed is a little bit slow.. sometimes the speed does not exceed 100kb!

Santiago M.
Santiago M.
Student in Argentinien
Umweltdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Mega is good

Kommentare: I like use Mega for personal backups, but i prefer other options for my business.

The best of Mega: Easy of use, very fast and very secure

The worst of Mega: If you receive the file, and you have free account is a little frustrating because Mega have a transfer limit.

Kyle H.
Dishwasher in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great storage app with lots of options

You start out with 15 gb of storage, which is the same as Google Drive, but you can quickly bump that up by downloading there web extension, referring friends, and other tasks. Very quickly you have a lot of storage for free. The download speeds are great, and it is end to end encrypted, so you know it is secure. It will also let you make links to files so you can share the file with a friend. I use the app a lot.

It would be nice if it worked with Google Drive better. And they keep your transfer quota to 5 gigs for the free version.

Jamieal J.
owner in Belize
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

storage review

love the way this software has its storage set up and that it has the app to make accessing your storage a lot easier and with downloading from here you can send out your link to have others download your file also...

well there is nothing wrong with this software well at least i have found nothing as yet...

Videomaker in Italien
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Indispensabile

Indispensabile per avere tutti i file necesari a lavorare disponibili su tutti i dispositivi.

La versione gratuita ha spazio abbastanaz limitato, ma questo è comprensibile.

Omar L.
Risk Assistant in Peru
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Keep all your information safe

Kommentare: In general, it's a great option for cloud storage, totally reliable and secure, you can even access from your smartphone, it's really fantastic.

One of the points that I like the most about Mega is the large storage capacity, much higher compared to other similar software. Currently I have more than 10gb of information totally protected, it is excellent.

Well, there are times when you want to download several files at once and the download speed gets so slow.

Abraham A.
Abraham A.
CEO in Nigeria
Internet, Selbstständig

Excellent Cloud storage with exceptional encryption

Kommentare: Clod storage problems when it comes to exceptionally large files storage and distribution. This makes it easy peasy.

You could not lose your files to scammers with this service

Make sure you don't lose your password, there's no way to recover it from the website.

Althea S.
Dental hygienist in Italien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The most difficult software ever tried.

Kommentare: I m using Mega for University; my colleagues decided ti apply and share files running by that channel. Definitely it s difficult to use, don t forget your password, have to pay for space and the last but not the list..in Italy is not legal to share university files on it! So tale care!

Ok, this is a real useful software, but it needs urgently to be adjusted. Absolutely difficult signing up. You can do it by yourself and in that case ok, sounds good. But if you need to ente e into a group for view files, you need an invitation. If you get it, you have only one chance to log in, i entered up and made e mistake , so i needed a new invitation. No way. If you clear a file or an address, you ll never adjuste it, no more view for you!

I only like the idea, but it a difficult to use, you pay for adesso space and the most important thing, is if you forget your password, you’ll not have a view to get it back. You lost simply your channel, and that’s it!!!!

Oscar L.
Medical equipment supervisor in Peru
Gastgewerbe, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

It changed the way I save my files

Kommentare: A great option if you have a lot of information that you want to back up in the cloud.

I love the great capacity to store my files and totally free of charge

Well, sometimes downloading files becomes slow and annoying.

Bernie D.
Ingeniero industrial in Dominikanische Republik
Lebensmittelproduktion, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

mega highlighting features

Kommentare: I was able to download various hard-to-find programs and download with other download software.

I liked the ease of use, anyone can use it easily. The variety of programs that it allows you to download at no cost. Mega allows me to download files and programs in a compressed way so as not to consume so much space.

massive download errors: every time I had to download very large files the software would freeze and I could not restart it. I didn't have any tool to optimize downloads to avoid errors.