Filtern nach:

Über Overleaf

Overleaf is a collaborative LaTeX editor that allows users to write, edit and publish academic and scientific documents in real-time.

Erfahre mehr über Overleaf

Mustafa M.
Mustafa M.
Graduate Teaching Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best online tool for Latex

Kommentare: It is the best text editing online cloud I have ever used.

The best feature of overleaf is perhaps its autofill function.

Sometimes it fails to recompile relatively larger documents.

Alexandros B.
Student in Griechenland

A very easy to use latex editor that anyone can and should use

Kommentare: Overall, a very easy-to-use online latex editor with live compile/rendering that makes your life easy.

Before Overleaf I had a great fear for latex as being too difficult and time-consuming to write and make it look nice. However, after taking the recommendation from a colleague, I started using Overleaf and I generated beautiful Latex reports very easily and fast. There is extensive documentation for everything you might want to do, everything is online so you can access it from any device, there are plenty of templates to help you jump-start your documents and collaboration tools for teams.

The only thing I can grumble about is not being able to upload files directly by dragging them on the left panel but instead it needs an extra separate button for this. Also, there could be 2-3 collaborators for the free version instead of only one.

Danai B.
Computer Engineering Student in Griechenland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Overleaf makes Latex easy for everyone

Kommentare: I started using Overleaf 2 years ago while searching for collaboration document creation tools. At first I was scared of transitioning to LaTeX, because I wasn't familiar with it. However, Overleaf has a very user - friendly environment and makes LaTeX easy for everyone! I have to mention that I never had to google a single question on how to use Overleaf, even on day one. Also, their data-driven autocomplete makes you comfortable with LaTeX in a very small amount of time! After a couple of times using Overleaf, I felt completely comfortable with both the environment and the language and I haven't stopped using it since then!

I started using Overleaf for my university reports and now I can't imagine myself using a different software for document creation. One of my favorite features is the autocomplete of latex commands. It makes it easy for everyone to use it even if they haven't used latex before and saves you a lot of time typing. It is also very easy to use when collaborating with others, since you can simultaneously edit the same file and view their changes real time without pressing any button. Finally, Overleaf has an incredible documentation. A great example of this is that every Latex-related search query in Google returns an answer on Overleaf's documentation page.

One of the limiting aspects of Overleaf is the small number of free collaborators. Even though you can send the edit link to any number of people, you can only add one collaborator by their email for free and thus have the project at their home page. Also, sometimes the pdf render takes weirdly long to finish, but it always looks good!

Miguel A.
Musician/student in Mexiko
Musik, Selbstständig

Perfect LaTeX editor

Kommentare: I really love Overleaf for its ease of writing in code, its cloud storage of projects and its ability to share them.

I love that Overleaf brings me the option of make my LaTeX projects online with no need to install any software. In my opinion I think it's a good idea to have my projects saved in the cloud and that if for some reason my computer is turned off, even the last letter I wrote is saved. I've been using Overleaf since mid-2019 to do my college homework. For someone studying a career in the scientific area, especially someone who usually works with many mathematical terms and equations, Overleaf is perfect for its ease of writing in code, even if you make mistakes it perfectly compiles the code and does not make any mistakes, as would normally happen if you work with LaTeX software.

The only detail I don't like about Overleaf is that it doesn't let you share your projects with more than one person.