Über ProContractor

All-in-one-Managementlösung für wachsende Bauunternehmen. Erlebe Echtzeitdaten und Transparenz im gesamten Unternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über ProContractor

I love how it is so user-friendly. The employees are very knowledgeable and help you every step of the way.

The user interface could be updated (can be confusing and complex). Can't integrate through API.

Bewertungen zu ProContractor

3,2
3,3
3,4
3,1

ProContractor hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 238 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ProContractor bereits verwendet?

Great ERP for Small Contractors

Kommentare: Through our years of using ProContractor we have been able to begin proper job costing practices, tracking equipment cost and usage, monitor daily quantities to aid in cash forecasting. It has helped us properly analyze indirect costs and overhead to push that information into our bids and ensure we are bidding profitable work.

The accounting aspects are very user friendly. The software has the same "feel" no matter what module you are currently using. The downfall during implementation was having an implementer who didn't understand UNIT COST budgeting and cost tracking. I had to walk her through how I wanted the software setup. Once I did that, it has worked the way I hoped it would. Her lack of understanding was a definite issue.

One of the biggest problems with ProContractor is within the document management. The software goes a great job of housing documents, it is just difficult to get back to them when you need them. Also, this is not a great software for larger construction projects.

Ian

Procontractor

Kommentare: It's been good. I do wonder if, at some point, ProContractor would become 'Viewpoint Express' or similar, as Viewpoint seems to integrate with more 3rd party apps.

Basic jobcosting, finance/accounting, asset management, and all other financial accounting for income statement and balance sheet utilization.

Making changes for new functions (time & material billings) are very involved and take too much time to implement. Almost too many options for customization.

J
Controller Consultant in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Attempting to implement this software was the worst six months of my life.

Kommentare: Don't waste your money or time. This software is too cumbersome for users. The accounting records and reports are unreliable.

There is nothing to like about this software. The whole implementation process was a clumsily mess.

Everything you need to do with the software takes twice as long to accomplish compared with the older Maxwell software package. Reports are terrible and talk about killing trees, this software wastes more paper than I've ever seen. The implementation support is awful. My predecessor botched the first attempt at installation with purchased help from Viewpoint. When she could not get it working correctly she was fired. The company I was working for (yes, I'm gone too) was assigned another implementation specialist. She took off a third of the way through trying to implement a company again. Her suggestion was to split a rental company into 14 different companies. When she returned from a trip Viewpoint terminated her employment for some unknown reason. They said another implementation specialist would be contacting us but no one did. The owner of my company hired her on a consulting basis. As for year-end approached, she came to our office and manipulated the books to the point where any accountant would no longer be able to rely on the information in the accounting records. When I became convinced the software was a waste of time and money, the implementation consultant claimed I was not competent in accounting. When I confronted her about accounts not being reconciled and incorrect information being sent for tax preparation she told me I was in trouble. She, without any sort of accounting degree knows better than a CPA. Go figure.. I guess the only ones who can work with Viewpoint products are former Viewpoint employees. I come to the conclusion that the software was written by programmers without knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. To the best of my knowledge the company is now a year into implementing ProContractor software, has turned over the accountant twice, has spent thousands of dollars, and the implementation has not been completed. This whole process has dragged the company down financially. No one who works with the software likes it.

Lisa
Office Manager in USA

ProContractor

Integration was easy and seamless. A ton of reporting functions specifically job costing. Certified payroll reports print on the appropriate form for submission.

This software needs a quicker date entry process. Needs to integrate easily with other applications. More shortcuts within applications to add new customers or vendors.

Ryan
Owner operator in Kanada

review??

Kommentare: 50 -50. But its the system we are using so unless they try to raise prices dramatically we will likely continue along

It is built for companies like us and offered a construction focus

It does not adapt to Canadian concerns or Trade contractor concerns. We ask for improvements but because Canada would represent a small volume of their business, we find they do not want to support improvements that would help us.

Michaela
Internal Operations Manager in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Serves its purpose but is not the most user friendly

Kommentare: My experience with ProContractor has gotten better over the years, however I still feel like there are many things that don't flow easily. Project accounting and Work in Process is very manual. There aren't great notifying features for analytics on job performance. Teaching the system is extremely tinkery and customer support in my opinion has been poor.

How every section is the same format, so once you figure out the system it is somewhat repetitive.

The number of button clicks it takes to input an invoice. The inability to program a few things while entering a visa statement to keep the company and account number the same. Not being able to use dashes in project number.

Jillian
Administrative Assistant in USA

Switching from American Contractor to ProContractor

I love the ability to customize the home page. It makes the payroll process much easier because I can put everything I need in one place and not have to go look for them each week. This also allows me to ensure I haven't missed anything in the payroll process.We also love the ability that we can have certain fields automatically show what they're supposed to for invoices and such. It's great to not have to redundantly fill in what will almost always stay the same but still having the ability to change it in specific cases when necessary.

As the person who handles payroll there is one major con regarding having to "fix" timecards. We have since changed our process to minimize this but previously there was an issue of the field staff accidentally providing me the wrong cost code. I would then have to go back in to correct the cost codes so our Project Status Reports correctly reflected where the hours had been worked. There is no simple way to correct just one or two cost codes from a paycheck. In order to fix the codes you have to void the entire paycheck and re-enter it. This becomes rather tedious, especially if the mistake is on our General Foreman's timecard as he visits several different projects every day.The other issue that has arose also has to do with payroll. When it comes to certified payroll reporting we only have to report field hours. We do have some employees that work in both the field and our shop so sometimes they'll have hours in both places in the same pay period. The system doesn't recognize the difference between our shop and field cost codes. Whether or not an employees hours are included in CPR reports depends entirely upon what has been indicated in the pay class you're using. Due to this I have had to create identical "Shop" pay classes for every pay class we use and when entering shop hours we have to make sure the automatic pay class is changed to the shop version.

Kayla
Accounting Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

10 years in Procontractor

Kommentare: I personally love Procontractor. Became a master user quickly, and now I get calls frequently with how to questions. Recently I have began using Spectrum too which is also a viewpoint product. I still hands down prefer Procontractor!

Procontractor is very user friendly. Has an ease of functionality.

The time it takes for certain reports to run, when you host your own server. I've noticed with the cloud; it goes much faster.

It has been a very long learning curve for me & my team. Minimal support, & constant work arounds.

Kommentare: Main benefit is a one stop shop for all the data for each project.

I do like the ability to track costs to each project number. I do like the 'one stop shop' for everything being in one place.

I do not like the lack of customization on reports. I do not like the fact that the use cannot be tailored for what we actually do on a daily basis. I do not like the fact that even after 2 years my team spends a large amount of time 'working' on/in the system trying to figure things out. I personally feel it has cost our company revenue, because people who should be out generating revenue, are busy in Viewpoint/PC. I do not like the ease of transfer of date from PC to VP.

Todd
Todd
Project Manager in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ProContractor helps us keep track of all our tasks

Kommentare: This software is a large investment that does pay off

I do like how PCMX tracks and maintains a log of where we are, what we done, and what we need to yet do. I see the interface as a good and easy method of entry. The learning curve is rather steep and short.

We utilize a MAC based computer system, and PCMX is compatible but slow. There is a lag in the system sometimes between the interface in that I'll lose my pointing device or mouse. It doesn't cause any problems but is annoying

Bob
CFO in USA
Bau

Not recommended because of accounting feature deficiencies.

Since we migrated from American Contractor in October 2013, the technical support staff has, with maybe one or two exceptions, been very eager to help resolve problems that we have run into, and there have been many. The employee assigned to our transition (I've forgotten his title) was very helpful and, I believe, did the most he could do to try to help our frustrating position but in the final was limited by the mysterious and aloof Development Department.

Whoa, get ready! Unfortunately, their Development (programming) staff has very unresponsive to our needs. We paid for the transition of data from AC to PC and they loused up a couple of major datasets (Contacts, Equipment) and refused to fix it, leaving the two modules virtually useless to us. They did offer to correct it for a reduced hourly billing rate but after what we had already spent for the software, I rejected that plan as unfair. Because of these and other problems, I had to work seven days a week, 8-10 hours a day for over six months just to get the program somewhat working and finally get some time off. Much of what was promised us has still never happened and some basic tasks and reports have still not been implemented. (i.e. deposit slip, drill-down reports) I've also found that as I have gotten more used to PC's idiosyncrasies, I have gotten faster at data entry which has had the unfortunate effect of locking up the system. So I've had to actually slow down and wait for PC to catch up. I was hopeful a while back when Viewpoint started an online "Suggestion Box" for users to request changes, fixes, and new features. I've submitted over 50 of the hundreds that have been entered and there are very few of them (even those with many "votes") that have been included in subsequent releases. One complaint I hear from other users (with which I agree thoroughly) is that improvements, fixes etc in each release have been aimed primarily at the Estimating and Mobile modules, neither of which do we use. Accounting, for the most part, is treated like the proverbial "step-child" even though is is that work that keeps the reporting data correct and up to date.

Glen
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

PME Review of PC 07-06-2023

PC is a comprehensive Costing and Accounting program for contractors. It has many useful features that fit our processes for our projects. We used American Contractor for 25 years prior to moving to PC and were familiar with most of the PC operational features.

I do not like the pricing model. We have many infrequent users of the system. We should be able to purchase a 3 to 5 seat license for our company and should be able to have unlimited users that are limited to 3 to 5 concurrent use. Not a pay for every Work Station used or unused.

Sean
Estimator/C.F.O. in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bad teacher

Kommentare: I invested more time and monet that i would liek to think about without getting the end results

The estimating project management and accounting is integrated.

The training is expensive and inadequate

Mike
Estimator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Long time user

Kommentare: I use procontractor for measuring off of digital plans. I am happy with the results I get.

I use the Estimator and Earthwork programs for construction estimating. I have been using these programs since they were Quest in 2002. I am very familiar with them and I have no issues for my applications.

Some of the features of Earthwork are not very intuitive and pose a challenge for new users. Better tutorial sections on basic use would be helpful. When I first started using the program I attended a multi-day training program which was very helpful. Over the years I have learned a lot of tricks that can be very helpful. However I don't see how new users can get use of these.

Cheryl
Controller in USA

Controller/ CFO

Kommentare: We went to Procontractor because we were told the data could be converted from American Contractor. Overall, American Contractor was a better program. If I had it to do over I would have bypassed a program that has turned out to be cumbersome and does not provide the quality of reporting that we need.

Ability to export reports to excel. Most of the reports require exporting to excel in order to make them usable.

Reports should be linear. The ability to customize is too limited. Payroll reporting is outsourced. The program is not user friendly and is not intuitive.

Mary
Accounts Manager

Accounts Manager

Kommentare: I have been using the Software as ProContractor for 4 years but used the predecessor to this program (The Contractor by Maxwell) for over 17 years. I have always been pleased with the service and support by both the sales and technical support teams. They are there when you need them!

Flexible Product. Open database allows you the flexibility to add your own fields, customize reports and drop any report or data to excel making endless possibilities for analysis of your data. Comprehensive program that links all of your data and gives accurate analysis of your construction projects.

When your employees make mistake it leaves an audit trail of their mistake. Many employees wish they could just correct their mistake and cover it up. This may be a con for some but as a manager, I like being able to see the adjustments. Procontractor gives an audit trail of everything that is done but this increases the steps that it takes to correct a mistake.

Annette
Administrative Assistant in USA

Everyday Use

Kommentare: I am able to accomplish what I need to do.

Since I was not here for the previous software, I like ProContractor. The lettering and color scheme works well. The font is a good size. I do like the error messages. Overall, a good product.

I was not here for the initial install, but it sounds like ProContrator took away some key functionality. It appears that sorting of items is not only cumbersome, but nonexistent. It sometimes difficult for our tech support to work with ProContrator. They either ignore, or very slow in their response.

Kristen
Project Manager in USA

Not a Good Program - Don't Waste Your Time or Money

Kommentare: While Viewpoint continues to improve items, they are still missing the mark for a construction software. I have never had so many complaints on a software.

Works when it wants... customer service is polite but not very helpful, its like they are trying to learn it at the same time they are trying to teach me... They are great at up-charging you just to get the program to function correctly for your business.

Data entry takes forever... every task has tons of steps and screens that you must go through. The program is very unforgiving, any mistakes you make take forever to fix and adjust. Issues take forever to get resolved or you just find a way around it and leave the issue.,.. this is not a good solution to a problem that I pay customer support to fix. Reports can be improved... an easier way to generate reports with my criteria would be great!

Gabrielle
Office Manager/Accountant in USA

ProContractor review

Easy to learn, more permissions and constraints to avoid accidental deletion of data. Access to customer service and online chat. There is a great Knowledge Base resource center.

Time tracking app needs improvement. The ability to have the field employees use an app that tracks time, material and equipment for quick invoicing on work orders would be helpful. Connecting the Field Order feature and the Purchase Order feature to the mobile app would help as well as communication/message ability from office to field.

Lance
A/P Manager in USA

It's ok

Kommentare: If you know what you're doing or like to explore what each option does, you'll be fine but if you don't, there will be some head banging. Not

Able to open multiple screens and tabs which is helpful across multiple screens

Not fully customizable, have to constantly change settings, not user friendly in the field of use (accounting), some areas are convoluted, reports/queries are missing key fields, and one of the biggest pet peeves is that it is NOT geared for screen resolutions in this day and age. It CANNOT run on a 1080 screen.

Human Resource Manager in USA

Chris's Review

Kommentare: Not as user friendly as some other products like quickbooks as an example. Would like to see the capability when setting up security features to be able to copy them from one person to another. for example one Purchase Manager to another Purchase Manager both will have the same security but have to setup each one individually.

There is a lot of security and there is a lot of history to see when something was done and whom did the task this is a great feature.

Use of the help feature very hard to understand.

Tim
Manager in USA

Pro Contractor for Concrete

Kommentare: Pro Contractor has a lot of bells and whistles if you are willing to cough up the high cost. It can be very cumbersome to navigate to the information you need. Customer support is pretty good I must say when it comes to getting problems solved. It utilizes a very old system that gets updated too infrequently especialy on the takeoff side. There are just programs that do it better and faster.

I like the job tracking and project control.

I completely dislike the takeoff. Bluebeam does it better and in at least half the time.

Renee
Controller in USA

Controller

Kommentare: Keeps the daily business going with revenues and expenses. It's a good product but needs some report improvements.

F/S, Vendor & Customer/GC payments and receipts

WIP needs improvement because it's very date sensitive. Management reports that track the same as WIP (i.e. include change orders and related costs) between budget & actual. Highlight reports when a job is having trouble or is fading. Having to click on the "..." all the time is time consuming.

Karl
Vice President of Preconstruction in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Okay - serves our needs. I wish the report output was easier. Take-off portion is weak.

Kommentare: Consistent cost metrics with management of the catalog pricing.
Ability to create assemblies that allowed quicker estimates
Easy comparison between estimates.
Automatic and error free estimate calculations.

1) The ability to sort large amounts of information in a variety of ways. 2) The ability to compare or have variance from one estimate to another. 3) No math mistakes - as opposed to complicated Excel Sheets.

1) It is difficult to customize reports. 2) Having the software reside on our server, which is control by our IT, who doesn't consistently update, or limit user control of the software. 3) The modules, e.g. take off are not good and probably should be dropped from the program. We simply use the program for estimating. 4) One of the reasons that we purchased the software is that we thought that it was compatible with View Point. We wanted to be able to download our starting estimate into View Point directly as the starting budget for the project. There is no compatibility. The solution to do this was a custom Excel sheet that View Point wanted to charge us for.

Josh

President/owner of company

I do not know, but the implementation process has taken way too long and the support is not there. On site support and training would be needed to efficiently implement this software and we were told it was not available. The customer support is terrible.

Very poor customer support, the implementation process has taken way too long, no on site support or training available. I requested a demo for the document control/PM portion of the software and i have not heard a response in 3-4 weeks and I have been paying for this software for two years!