Wir helfen Unternehmen in Deutschland
seit 15 Jahren bei der Softwareauswahl

Über Adobe Illustrator

Es handelt sich um eine Graphikdesign-Lösung, die Unternehmen dabei unterstützt, Logos, Symbole, Werbetafeln, Buchillustrationen und mehr zu entwerfen.

Erfahre mehr über Adobe Illustrator

Vorteile:

It makes it easy to make clean, readable products that help me communicate with my classroom parents. It's nice to be able to create something with a little flash that gets the attention of my people.

Nachteile:

Occasional updates in the software can be a little frustrating as adjusting to new features can cause disruption in my work.

Bewertungen zu Adobe Illustrator

Durchschnittliche Bewertung

Benutzerfreundlichkeit
4,0
Kundenservice
4,3
Funktionen
4,7
Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
4,3

Weiterempfehlungsquote

8,8/10

Adobe Illustrator hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 8.548 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Adobe Illustrator bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwareinteressenten.

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (8.548)

Jochen
Head of Marketing in Deutschland
Großhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Der Standard für Vektorgrafiken

5,0 vor 7 Monaten

Vorteile:

Das einfache erstellen von Vektorgrafiken und die sehr gute Bildnachzeichnungsfunktion

Nachteile:

Inhalte in einen Rahmen paltzieren finde ich persönlich in Adobe Indesign gelungener

Julian
Automobilkaufmann in Deutschland
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Automotive, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: 6-12 Monate
Herkunft der Bewertung

Warum ich jedem Adobe Illustrator empfehle?!

5,0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: Rundum sorgenfrei, raffiniert und ausgeklügelt zu einem mehr als fairen preis

Vorteile:

Bestes Programm unter den MitbewerbernHohe FunktionalitätAbsturzsicherheit durch CloudkopplungPreis/Leistungs-Sieger

Nachteile:

Umfangreicher und dadurch etwas schwerer zu verstehen, aber nach ein paar Tagen hat man es drauf und kann so gut wie alles beherrschen. Die Tutorialsgefallen mir auch sehr gut!

Davide
IT Administrator in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Illustrator Nutzer

5,0 vor 6 Monaten

Vorteile:

Es ist sehr benutzerfreundlich und eins der besten Designtools die ich je verwendet habe.

Nachteile:

Preislich ist es sehr teuer, aber man kriegt auch das wofür man zahlt.

Sashah
Sashah
Project Designer in Kanada
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 1 Jahr
Herkunft der Bewertung

Effective CAD Tools and Perfect Design Management Product.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Creation of new 3D objects and sharing of several creation across teams is perfect and on project management i like the capability.

Vorteile:

The modeling of 3D designs and Graphics capability and 2D features are very powerful and easy content management via the platform. The editing and detailing of our projects 2D drawings using the system is amazing and very excellent on files management.

Nachteile:

Unique tool and easy to manipulate all the 3D modeling functionalities and i got nothing to dislike.

Christian
Sourcing Marketing coordinator in Dominikanische Republik
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 1 Jahr
Herkunft der Bewertung

The best app for designers

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Vorteile:

With its vector-based approach, I can create designs that are infinitely scalable without losing quality. This precision is crucial for creating professional-quality artwork for various mediums.

Nachteile:

The abundance of tools, panels, and options in Illustrator's interface can sometimes feel overwhelming, especially for new users. It can take time to navigate and customize the workspace to suit my preferences, leading to a less streamlined workflow initially, other than that, I can not say anything bad about this program.

Andres Felipe
Engineer in Kolumbien
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: 6-12 Monate
Herkunft der Bewertung

Adobe Illustrator

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall I will give 4 out of 5 stars to Adobe Illustrator

Vorteile:

Easy to use, high storage on the library, fast and very intuitive

Nachteile:

For the price, the custumer service is no that good

Ben
Creative and Communications Director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen:

Vector-based powerhouse

5,0 vor 3 Monaten

Kommentare: Illustrator is a must have if you're doing anything graphic-design related. Other than Adobe Photoshop, it is the most used program I have. It's very powerful, and I find it very easy to use.

Vorteile:

Two words. Image Trace. The Image Trace tool (live trace to the veteran) is the single greatest tool in the entire adobe creative suite, and it's improved so much over the years.

Nachteile:

I can't really think of any issues worth noting. My main gripe against it is not a problem with the software itself, but the subscription-based model of all Adobe software. It's pretty pricey.

Verifizierter Rezensent
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: 6-12 Monate
Herkunft der Bewertung

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen:

Adobe Illustrator, pros and cons

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It is good, but the problem of exporting files has led me to learn about other platforms.

Vorteile:

The possibility of creating incredible designs with total freedom and a great amount of resources to create the designs. Its cloud version also gives many possibilities and live work.

Nachteile:

The difficulty in exporting designs to other platforms such as Figma, I work with several design platforms and AI limits you in general lines to only use AI.

Verifizierter Rezensent
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen:

Good feature for image editing

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It's an incredible software to work with and I will recommend it for other users.

Vorteile:

The software has a very good template and features.

Nachteile:

I like when I use Adobe Illustrator for graphics design

amanda
Digital Artist in Frankreich
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Great for great clean art!

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Vorteile:

Very versatile. It has a lot of options.

Nachteile:

Some functions can be a bit tricky of you dont know how to use them professionally. But there are a lot of videos to help!

Christie
Graphic Designer in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Team Adobe over everyone!

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Adobe Illustrator will always be my go-to when it comes to design. No other app can currently replace it.

Vorteile:

Adobe Illustrator is by far my favorite app within Adobe. I love the way the interface looks and is organized. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but when you learn where things are - it's so intuitive and really well made. Every year they introduce new features integrated into the app and it just gets better and better every year.

Nachteile:

The thing that I like the least is how it can lag from time to time. I have had many nightmare situations where my file goes black and I cannot save it. It would be great if this program didn't require so much to run.

Yazan
Yazan
Internal design in Malaysia
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 1 Jahr
Herkunft der Bewertung

Vector design Plan

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Illustrator is best program for plan designer to generate and export best photo resolutions.

Vorteile:

Best features of illustrator are vector and stroke lines that help me to design our plans and export it as pdf file with clear resolution

Nachteile:

When we add photo png file That set inside the plan design so it will be clear resolutions when we export it to pdf file.

Juan
Multimedia Production Specialist in Honduras
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Vector Creating King

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Vorteile:

I can find lots of tutorials and they are always adding new useful features to make my work faster and better.

Nachteile:

I think collaboration can improve to make things easier.

Jonathan
Executive Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen:

The Pro Graphic Designer's Toolkit

5,0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: I use Illustrator for everything from creating logos and UI graphics to simple online posts for small businesses. The vector format is fantastic for being easily resizable without losing quality or the fine nuance of the artwork. While a bit difficult to learn, the toolset allows you do create anything you can imagine if you take the time to learn. Now, there's a growing army of competition, but in my experience, Illustrator is still the gold standard in the industry.

Vorteile:

Adobe Illustrator is pro software with a tremendous set of tools for vector graphics creation. Personally, I've been using Illustrator since I first started studying graphic design almost a decade ago. Each new version brings us a useful set of performance and tool improvements, but my favorite in the most recent version is the freeform gradient tool. I've always wanted for a way to place gradient points wherever I wanted, and now that's possible. I use it every day and it's speedy, highly customizable (as you'd expect from pro software), and so useful! It seems like such a simple thing, I'm surprised the feature wasn't available before.

Nachteile:

Like all pro software, there's a learning curve, and Illustrator is no exception. On one hand, I understand that it will take time to learn and implement new features. On the other, I wish it was easier to learn and keep up with the changing tide of graphic design.

Asfak
UX Designer in Bangladesch
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen:

Endless possibilities for vector design

4,0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: For designing Industry standard Vector graphics & working in the design world it's my go-to choice. For my client projects, I prefer Illustrator the best.

Vorteile:

Illustrator is the most feature-rich vector design software I've ever used. It is the industry standard & the learning curve was not that hard for me.

Nachteile:

The subscription model is not good enough & the price is a bit high for 3rd world countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan etc. Illsutrator requires a lot of resource to perform smoothly so my 3yrs old laptop couldn't run this well.

Verifizierter Rezensent
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Design, Selbstständig
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Scaleable results

5,0 vor 6 Jahren

Kommentare: I have been using Illustrator for approximately three years now as a student and freelance graphic designer. I still learn new tips and tricks today that allow me to advance my skillset. Whatever issues I had or commands I couldn't figure out on my own, a simple search online has always resulted in numerous answers to the same question that others already had. Problem solving has always been easy with the software as it has become my go-to tool for graphics.

Vorteile:

Easy to use after some practice. The commands are approachable for a firsttime user and varied enough to fulfill the needs of a very experienced user. It is quite practically a blank canvas for vectors with which you can do anything you might need in static graphics and manipulate to your desire with a drag to copy command. After mastering the pen tool, you might find illustrator to be an alluring alternative to sketching or prototyping by hand because of how quickly things can be drawn out while still be very precise with aid of snapping/ grids. The combination of the shape tool with pathfinder allow the user to reach complexity of forms in few simple steps. It grants any user a higher level of craft without much effort. The more you use it, the more you discover. It becomes an essential tool for anyone who learns how to use it. Essentially anyone can find a reason to use Illustrator and pretty much anyone can get a hold of it within half an hour. Since it uses the same language and ecosystem, the Illustrator environment will be very familiar for anyone who has had the pleasure of playing around with Photoshop. An illustrator document also communicates well across other software for example, motion graphic, 3D modeling & printing, laser cutting, etc. It's a standard that will afford a user plenty of flexibility. If I had to choose only one design tool to depend on for the rest of my career, I would choose Illustrator.

Nachteile:

Some commands / tools are hard to discover until you are in dire need of them and are forced to do an online search for a solution. There are a few commands that do not match up with other software in the Adobe ecosystem which can get confusing. (i.e Indesign / Photoshop / XD). Based on your computer's GPU performance, you may get strange glitches in the rendering of a graphic when the file gets large which can make working with that file a hassle- this however does not happen very often and there still are many workarounds. Adding effects can make the file sluggish as well. Managing groups and different appearances within a group can become cumbersome as things become nested within the layers. To some degree, the user has to learn the Adobe way of doing things which may not be entirely intuitive at first but makes a lot of sense once you figure it out. For those who are new to Adobe they will have to learn to organize their filling system as assets such as a linked image can otherwise disappear from a file and must be retrieved. Unfortunately, you cannot make sweeping changes across multiple artboards, but instead must individually edit each item.

Steve
Steve
Web Developer & Graphic Designer in USA
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Illustrator is a Professional Program and the Learning Curve and Cost Will Reflect That

5,0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: When working with vectors, I go to Illustrator and have for many years and will continue to. In my estimation, it far exceeded the competitors at the time I started, such as Corel Draw (20 years ago). It continues to serve me well. For those who work with Web Design primarily, there are other vector tools that have edged their way into the market and at a fraction of the price and they do some pretty cool things. If I was was just starting our and/or had a tighter budget, I might consider them as alternatives. Illustrator is no longer the young, cool kid on the block and some of these other software packages have found supporters in younger designers, but I still think its the best overall if you have the time and resources to learn it.

Vorteile:

I'm a professional graphic designer, so Illustrator has been my go-to program for working with vector art for many years. Pretty much whatever you want to do in this program, you can do if you know how. It's nice that they have been able to keep up with a lot of the crossover to web needs, like the ability to export SVG files and such.

Nachteile:

This is a difficult question to answer because what constitutes a "con" might not actually be a con at all. It depends on your needs. I could say that it's gotten a little bloated with features I don't need, but someone else may need them and, surely, I use a lot of features that others don't need. But it does make the learning curve a bit steeper, both for newbies getting their feet wet, or experienced users using newer features. But, again, with a powerful tool comes some investment of time in learning to use it right. Similarly, cost: Adobe has sort of priced themselves out of "consumer" and into "pro-sumer" with their Ccreative Cloud. For someone like me, the price for all that great software they offer, including Illustrator, it's a good deal! For someone who doesn't need all that software (or this one in particular) as much as I do, then it might seem pricey.

Tawanda
Tawanda
CWBTS in Simbabwe
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 1 Jahr
Herkunft der Bewertung

Illustrator is An extension of my hand

5,0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Illustrator is the most professional and flexible vector graphic software out there on the market. My creativity suddenly increased as i transitioned to Illustrator because the powerful features it offers allow me to fell like I'm using my freehand. Sometimes it even allows me the odd accidental design inspiration. I like the fact that you can connect it to Adobe Bridge for further functionality and automation of repetitive tasks.

Vorteile:

I mostly love the path finder, shape builder and expand functionality as it allows me to create unlimited complex shapes which can be single units as opposed to grouped elements. I'm a fan of monograms so this features allow me to create monograms easily no matter how complex my graphic starts out as. I like the fact that it handles scale-able vector formats exceptionally well (svg, vector, pdf). I like the arrange and distribute functions which afford me the luxury of unprecedented precision while aligning and positioning my graphics on the artboard. I especially love illustrators ability to create custom strokes and fills over graphics and be able to expand them into shapes for further manipulation. This flexibility is everything i ever wnated in a vector graphic software. The way Illustrator implements this is just right for me. I enjoy the various workspaces which suit different design professionals and their preferences. The various effects that it offers for example the arch effect allow me manipulation capabilities that extend my creativity to insane levels. Illustrator is my got to software for everything graphic even for projects that are in the bitmap domain as it handles those equally well compared to traditional raster/bitmap applications. The artboard system is another one of my favourite features espeially when exporting or alinging items based on artboard.

Nachteile:

It can be a put off the fact that Illustrator as a relatively steeper learning curve. The multitude of features that it offers and its workflows can be difficult to comprehend at first.

samuel
samuel
Chief Executive Officer in Nigeria
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Best Graphic Design Software for Creating Vector Graphics

5,0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Illustrator is great, perfect for Vector design, Logo creation, drawing Cartoons etc and it gets the job done and even do more. For a graphic designer, the software is recommended since there isn’t any better alternative. Once it’s features are mastered, one can easily play with the software and create something out of it.

Vorteile:

Adobe illustrator is a great software for Graphic Designers to add to their collection. The software is made for creating a vector graphics and it so good at it. Over the years, I have learnt to use Adobe Illustrator to create project like Cartoon and Logo designs. It is a great software and it gets the job done easily. One of the best option for using the illustrator is the vector-graphic which makes design a perfect still quality, no matter how the design’s size is adjusted, the resolution stay the same. With Adobe illustrator users can easily draw a design from scratch by mastering the Pen Tool and with tons of other tools like the Pathfinder Tool, the software made it very easy to design almost anything and even beautify it with the color guide.

Nachteile:

Adobe illustrator is great, no doubt one of the best drawing software out there, however the best can be too best.. if that makes sense. For beginners, Illustrator has so many complex features which are not easy to learn at all, even with knowledge of other Adobe softwares. The software is also heavy while operating, it requires a very strong PC to properly use without slowing down your operations or hang the PC while at it. Illustrator is just good for drawing, editing image isn’t recommended on the software, it lacks some basic features to edit image and working with layers on this software can be very frustrating.

Verifizierter Rezensent
Verifizierter Nutzer auf LinkedIn
Personalwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

“It creates your imaginations visually on media”

5,0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: when you look at the price, instantly you will exclaim ‘oh my gosh’. As I explained previously, there are nearly 100 million images available in adobe stock, over 12000 fonts in adobe fonts, plus all the other features to run wild with creative ideas. Who else offers so much? Therefore my opinion is a designer can always make designs that can claim a value if you are using the license of Illustrator. At the same time, with illustrator you need just a fraction of the time in doing your designs compared to some others which will keep you way behind. Illustrator is definitely for professional designers and as a professional designer, will need to use compatible hardware to get the best use of AI .

Vorteile:

Ai is ideal for professional Vector graphic designers. After many years of studies with the inputs of designers around the globe, Adobe has developed Ai to create almost anything that comes into billions of creative (or weird) minds. Just about anything. Once you pass the learning curve which would take months and months with all that learning material available (which is quite reasonable), then you can make your dreams visible to you and others too. But still you will learn, as there are so many developments and updates take place continuously. The Free form gradient, which is also a new addition, allows you to drop points of color which blends together to form rich color blends. Adobe font integration lets you select thousands of fonts and use the most suitable fonts that goes with the project. You just dream what you need and you get it in Illustrator creative cloud. With its three ‘snap to pixel’ options, it automatically aligns to the pixel grid the drawing, scaling and moving path and vector shapes. With their massive stock of creative resources in graphics, templates, images etc which are close to 100 million in numbers and are organized in Adobe Stock, designers can access and easily design templates for various jobs saving time for additional work. The ‘True size view’ and ‘Trim size view’ features are added benefits for the User. Features of Illustrator are endless if you look at an artist’s point of view. It can put into reality all the dreams of a creative mind

Nachteile:

I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to call a wiper ‘a wiper’. The bad side of AI is it can just wipe off all other competitors in just one Illustrator stroke.

Christian Edison
Christian Edison
Publicity Committee Head in Philippinen
Computer-Hardware, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Adobe Illustrator Review

5,0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Adobe Illustrators is an innovative vector-based program developed for graphic design professionals. This software used algorithms to draw shapes rather than using bitmap images to store data. That's why Illustrator's vector graphics can be scaled to any size without losing their overall quality or resolution. Adobe Illustrator makes everything from company logos to informative drawings to animated designs because of this unique design. It can print illustrations, produce beautiful graphics on the website and give users full control over their typography. So, I recommend this software and it is worth it.

Vorteile:

1.) It provides an interface which will help the user: You have an extra degree of flexibility when working to design the entire workspace with Adobe Illustrator. Your interface makes personalized viewing possible. There is also an option to save space. Such processes allow you to work on your project in any way that is most convenient, while maintaining full control over all the options available. 2.) The Adobe Illustrator is compatible on almost any computer system: While Adobe Illustrator is not working well on mobile devices, on almost any computer system, it does an exceptional job. It can be used on Windows PCs or on items from Apple. Even from the early 2000s, if you use an older top-of - the-line option, it will work properly on older computers. 3.) It produces web and print graphics: Thanks to Adobe Illustrator, you can easily create print-ready graphics. With this tool, you can also create web graphics. It works in any screen resolution, offering a constantly updated tool set that allows you to relatively easily build professional vector graphics.

Nachteile:

The only disadvantage is that you need to require lots of patience. If you're planning to design something that's interesting, imaginative, and you don't need a practical dimension, then Adobe Illustrator can help you put together something in no time. If you want to build something that makes people feel positive, then you need to give yourself plenty of time to work on the project.

Braden
Marketing and Business Development Manager in USA
Maschinerie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 1 Jahr
Herkunft der Bewertung

A Graphic Design Must

5,0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, I would rate my experience positively. I am the Marketing Manager for a small company, and do consulting on the side, both of which require me to conduct some graphic design. Although I am not a designer/artist by trade, I've found as our business and my consulting has grown I have needed to enhance my knowledge and skills in GD in order to "keep up". Although you can find work arounds, I would say that Illustrator is a great tool for anyone who works in the Graphic Design field, or even the periphery.

Vorteile:

For an experienced Adobe user, this is an easy software to pickup because it is structured in the same manner as the other Creative Cloud applications. Tools and layering is all the same which makes it easy to adapt too. The greatest individual/unique benefit is that it allows for A LOT more freedom for design than, namely, Adobe Photoshop. The reason I compare the two is that you could theoretically use them for similar static graphic design purposes and get relatively similar end results. However, Adobe allows for far more functionality and flexibility to create and design static imagery, and is far more tailored to true artwork than editing.

Nachteile:

Some of the functional tools are not as easy to manipulate in comparison to other Creative Cloud apps. Using Photoshop as a semi-comparable rival for static graphic design-specific purposes; for the application of manipulating objects and text, I found Illustrator to have a steeper learning curve than Photoshop. Since it allows you to delve into more aspects of manipulating the objects, and to create vector imagery out of anything (or just about) that you create within an ai document, I found myself inadvertently altering objects in ways I was unfamiliar with. To be fair, I did not take any formal coursework or tutorial prior to diving in to using Illustrator, all was self-taught after having more extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

Mark
Creative Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

Steep steep learning curve, but you've got this

5,0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: I think the previous two sections give you a good idea about my experience with Illustrator, but I can add that we would be lost without it in our toolbox. Making something that looks great and is able to be reproduced anywhere is crucial for us. Having the level of control you have in Illustrator is really unmatched. Cannot stress enough how important its role is in our agency's day to day work.

Vorteile:

Basically, once you get the hang of Illustrator and its many many features, you can create anything you want. We use it for logos, transit ads, charts, you name it. One of the best newer features is the "Library" panel. This works with most all of Adobe products, and what it does is let you load up your fonts, logos, photos, type, etc. for each client you're working on and it's all right there for easy access all the time. Granted, that's not enough to justify the high monthly cost to "subscribe" to illustrator, but it's one more thing they have added over the years that makes you understand why the price is higher than not. One thing you can say for sure with Illustrator is you're going to get stuck at some point, too. The good news is there are built in tutorials you can refer to for guidance. Or just jump on YouTube where someone has probably figured it out. Exporting to any file type you need is a breeze, and setting up multiple art boards in a file couldn't be easier. Once you're set, get to work and see what you can build.

Nachteile:

If you're on a budget, this is not your friend. The Adobe Creative Cloud does offer a lot, but you pay for all of that, too. I can't say I dislike the learning curve because I've been working with Illustrator for years. That said, if you're new, prepare to have your patience tried and your frustration to rise. That's ok, this gets easier, I promise.

Tom
Designer in UK
Grafikdesign, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

I could not do my job without Adobe Illustrator

5,0 vor 7 Jahren

Kommentare: Better synergy between colleagues and suppliers. Hugely improved design capabilities. Incredible integrations with other key Creative Suite programs.

Vorteile:

Adobe Illustrator is an industry staple for graphic design and rightly so. The vector capabilities, typographic options, and artboard flexibility make Illustrator tough to rival. Integrating well with other staples such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe After Effects mean that the full Adobe Creative Suite are vital to my every day work as a graphic, web & motion designer. Specific strengths of Adobe Illustrator are the clever 'anchor point' mechanics that make all shapes wonderfully flexible and the simplicity & flexibility of the UI. Options familiar from the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite such as blend modes, layers, distortion tools etc are all available making it quick to adopt for users of other Creative Suite tools. It's hard to find fault with Illustrator at all as a tool. I have been using it for well over a decade through various different versions and iterations and for several different purposes. each version improves on the functionality without upsetting the classic benefits of the system. A recent update included the incredibly useful 'Asset Export' tool which has helped streamline my web development process hugely.

Nachteile:

The two drawbacks that spring to mind with Illustrator are the cost and the size. As a powerful solution, Illustrator is naturally a large program. As a result, load times, even on higher end computers can be slow. Larger documents with multiple effects and raster graphics exacerbate this further but it's par of the course for the functionality required. Cost wise, I can't comment on Illustrator alone as it is usually retailed as part of the larger 'Creative Suite' or "Creative Cloud' packages. for the full suite (which is justifiably vast), the cost is on the higher side for subscription-based software. Illustrator can be purchased alone for but I can think of few users who would use Illustrator as a stand-alone product. All that said, Illustrator is an essential design tool and justifies both it's size and cost comfortably.

John
Owner in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Mehr als 2 Jahre
Herkunft der Bewertung

A great product that has not adapted to the times.

4,0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: For decades, Adobe Illustrator served me well. In the beginning, it was the best. But Corel Draw eventually eclipsed it in features and ease-of-use. But as the standard that I had learned to use well and had grown with, I still gravitated to AI, for most projects. But two things happened almost simultaneously that moved me away from AI. First, Adobe went exclusively to a subscription model, meaning that I would no longer OWN my software, if I upgraded. FYI, I'm still on CS6, which I OWN. I have not and will not rent software, because of the possibility of being locked out of my software at a critical time, when I need it most. The second reason is the release of Affinity Designer/Photo, which are the first fully functional products aimed at replacing Illustrator and Photoshop. Designer does virtually everything that Illustrator can do, does it for a whole lot less money, and I OWN IT. The only thing I have found that Affinity products won't do (yet), is pattern overlays in fx. But I'm sure that will be coming soon. I used to be an Adobe evangelist. But today, I have become an Affinity evangelist and I barely use my CS6 Adobe Suite that has been relegated to a VMware partition, with an old version of MacOS, that I only use for archive files. Adobe Illustrator used to be the standard and well deserved. That is no longer the case and also well deserved. They are over-priced, considering that other equivalent products now exist for a fraction of the cost.

Vorteile:

Adobe Illustrator was the standard for years, before there was competition in this market. Then, even after Corel Draw came along, which was a better (5-star) product, Adobe managed to remain the standard, by continuing to be at least a very good product (4-star). It seems that being the standard means you don't have to be the best, but you must be very good and Illustrator was just that - very good.

Nachteile:

Several features in Adobe Illustrator were poorly implemented. Though there were more than a few such issues, one that comes to mind is the ease of placing an image within another object, when using Corel Draw, as compared to the convoluted steps to do the same thing in AI. But Adobe Illustrator lost me as a user, when Adobe went to a subscription base. It's not an issue of money. I have been willing to pay large sums of money, for the full suite of Adobe graphic/photo design tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and the now discontinued Flash (ActiveScript). My concern is that I can't afford to be told that I can't use my software now, because my fully paid-up subscription can't be confirmed on the server. That's exactly what could happen, if a hacker penetrated Adobe's license server and deleted or changed all the license files. Any number of other scenarios could have similar results. That's why I OWN my software. Sure, a hacker could get into my system and cause damage. But I work behind two firewalls and I'm a very minor target for hackers. Adobe, by contrast, is so large that they're a prime target for hackers. They will be targeted by 10,000 hackers, before I'm attacked once. I'll take my chances with OWNED software on my system, rather than leave that security to a stranger, at a high-value target. Besides, I can now to everything with Affinity Designer that I used to do with AI. It also costs less and I OWN it. Bye AI.