Über TeacherEase

Webbasierte Lösung, mit der Lehrer ihr auf Standards basierendes K-12-Klassenzimmer verwalten können – Unterrichtspläne, Notenhefte, Zeugnisse usw.

Erfahre mehr über TeacherEase

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie TeacherEase bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

teacher in USA

Review from Teacher

-you can make folders by subject -generates report cards -take attendance -can input grades by percentage or fraction -super organized -all info is in one place -family contact info

none at all, i have been using this for 7 years and LOVE it. everything is clearly laid out and organized. all people have access to the sight and you can see all students in your school.

Lashawn S.
Principal in USA
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

TeacherEase

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience with TeacherEase has been a positive one.

The feature the I like the most about TeacherEase is the ability to locate and assess the different menus that I need to perform my job.

One of the things that I do not like about TeacherEase is its inability to talk to other programs we use in the district.

letztes Jahr

I am happy that you like the ease of navigating our system. We have opened TeacherEase for data integration with other platforms and have development plans to increase integration in the near future. Feel free to email us at support@common-goal.com to discuss your data integration needs.

Janette S.
Complex Area Superintendent in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Standards-based Grading Platform

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, customer service is excellent and responsive to the needs of the customer. Training videos are included for all of the components of the program.

Ease of managing platform at the school level; user friendly for teachers; easy access to the information for parents

When we transitioned to standards-based grading, the services were not quite as developed as the traditional grading scale

Luai A.
Vice Principal in USA

Mediocre at everything, Awful at some things. Financially Shady

2 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My Story & why we'll never return: After paying for the coming school year, we then decided that we would like to cancel our subscription & move onto another SIS. Teacherease refused to refund our check, despite the fact that we requested the refund on July 15, nearly two months before our school year began. As time went on, they did not respond to my calls and emails. I would actually call the technical support department and explain my situation to tech support. That's the only way I managed to get someone on the phone. They kept saying escalating the issue for over a month until they finally escalated it to the president of the company (whyyy?? It's just a basic refund???), who, surprise surprise, never reached out to me or responded to my calls and emails. We're in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and every private school is struggling to stay afloat. Yet, Teacherease chose this time to basically steal from private schools like mine. Thousands of dollars just gone, and the Teacherease staff are not responding to our calls. It's so disappointing.

The gradebook is the redeeming quality of this software. It's pretty easy to use and visually appealing. Everything else about teacherease is not user-friendly and limited in capacity.

The software is not user-friendly: it takes quite a few clicks to get wherever you want to go. Customer service takes forever: normal wait time is about 10-15 minutes. Other companies are near instant. Not very customizable: There's not much functionality build into the website unfortunately. It's very limited in its capacity. It's most costly than you think: If you want to build a fully online SIS for your school, you'll need some functionality, like a central attendance system, many of which are cost extra per year. Honestly just do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. This company is not to be taken seriously.

Mary C.
Instructional Technology Specialist in USA

Teacherease

4 vor 7 Tagen Neu

The area I like most is the standard-based gradebook. It allows for multiple standards to be chosen for assignments and allows it to link to progress reports and report cards.

The area I find most underwhelming is the report options. The reports available are always not exactly what we are looking for, and no 'export' option makes it difficult to work with. Would like to see reporting features available to help with tracking student assessment better and reports allowing us to tier students more effectively for MTSS.

vor 6 Tagen

Mary, thank you for the kind words regarding our standards-based learning tools. We are proud to be the leader in SBL. We would be glad to talk to you more about your reporting questions. Our support team can answer your questions to see if the reports you need are available. You can also post your requested features from TeacherEase from the Help Menu. To contact support, you can reach them at support@common-goal.com. Also, you might be looking for reports that are available with Standards-based Score Analysis. I don't know if you have that reporting enabled with our Longitudinal Data Analysis module at your district. Again, support can help you out. Thanks again!

Karen K.
District Administrative Assistant in USA

Long time user

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: As I said above I have used, oversaw the initial set up and training, back in 2009. A number of years ago we switched our school grade levels from K-8 and 9-12 to K-5 and 6-12. We were able to make the change easily and did it fairly quickly with some opening support.

We like that it is web-based/hosted. We do not need to worry about updates, hardware, etc. they are done for us. Being from a very small school we did not have the manpower to devote an employee specifically to only our student management system. When I looked at this product I was the only technology person in the district. The quality of their support made me feel like I had a partner helping me. I think the logical layout of using the software makes it user friendly. I knew that if I contacted support I would get an accurate answer. I never feel like I'm just being pushed along. I think that their reports are easy to use especially if you are the ISBE SIS person for your district. The uploads to the state Student Management System couldn't be easier. I have used this TeacherEase since the 2009/2010 school year.

As I mentioned, we are a small school and somewhat unique but it would make our jobs so much less stressful if there was a way to run labels, envelopes, etc by family. We have two databases - one for the elementary and one for the Jr/Sr High school. We can't run addresses or labels for each family - allowing us to "group" families together when mailing items. I wish there was more training when the state comes out with new requirements. On a number of occasions I have called with a support issue and I'm pointing out the errors to the support people. My biggest item that I wish it had was a log of who did what. If someone runs GPAs for example and messes up class rank - we want to know who did it.

Mary R.

WMS WEIGHS IN

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I will say that after 5 years of using the program, it has become second nature. I have long forgotten the things that were the most irrational to me when the journey began. For the most part It is now easy for me to navigate in Teacherease/Common Goal, but that ease was aquired over time.

1.) The ease of integration with the other school in the district 2.) The tab format in the single student window puts all information at a glance. 3.) The basic format of the program makes it easy to navigate in.

1.)There are small improvements that are often requested but never addressed. (i.g. Creating a toggle switch for attendance email list so that you don't have to manually uncheck them all every day). 2.) Although the tech support is generally helpful, the wait time has been as long as 90 minutes in the past. There seems to be a turnover of employees that leaves you many times with them "getting back to you". Even though the Knowledge Base is available, a personal conversation settles the matter much more effectively when you have to do 6 things at once. 3.) There is an issue with searching out course sections to copy the learning targets to other sections. We have inquired about this twice now with no resolve. 4.) The same color appears for each school and district. It would be nice to see different colors used for the separarte entities. I not only work at the Middle School, but have to do all the state reporting which requires going back and forth from district to school level and from school to school.

Lauren W.
Technology Director in USA

Excellent Customer Service

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It has been a wonderful experience. The company has gone above and beyond to help us set up different aspects of the software to meet our needs.

the customer service is excellent. I have always been able to get ahold of support to help me with any questions or issues in a timely manner. They are always friendly and supportive.

Sometimes support does take a while to get through to, but that is to be expected during COVID times. This is not necessarily a con.

letztes Jahr

I am glad to read about your positive experience with our support team. We are adding headcount to improve answer times while providing the same high level you expect of us. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

Lana J.
Vanguard Vision Teacher in USA
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Competency Based Education

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: TeacherEase was easy to learn, and I usually struggle with new programs. The people we work with are friendly and patient!

I like being able to add comments right on the assignment grade for students to see. And parents can see the comments, too. I also appreciate the ability to email students and parents directly from the gradebook so I don't have to leave the program.

We had trouble linking our rosters with TeacherEase this fall, but that was on the part of our tech office, not the gradebook.

letztes Jahr

I'm glad you like the communications features of our TeacherEase gradebook. I'm gld we sorted out the data integration issues with your SIS and Clever. Feel free to email us at support@common-goal.com for any questions.

Jennifer M.
bookkeeper in USA

Insight Financials

4 letztes Jahr

I love the ease of use and the customer service is outstanding. I love that all updates are done automatically.

Not able to print screen unless it's a report

Meher M.
Development Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Robust software allowing you to do all the admin and teacher things needed to reach students/parents

Kommentare: A very savvy technology immersed individual will probably take one full week of using this software to really learn how to use it. So for parents, its going to be tough since they wont be spending too much time on it. For teachers, it will take a week or so, so best to get started before your kids come into the room. For Admins, it will take all year. The features are endless. but great one stop shop for all your student and teacher related data.

Its got all the little functions teachers and admins need to keep track of student related matters -- grades, home work, upcoming assignments, field trips, notes, behavior, tardies, attendance, fees, tuition, ALL the things.

Its a bit clunky and ugly looking -- but thats on the spectrum of very low importance -- nothing to make me stop using this software in anyway. However, because its clunky, theres a bit of a learning curve. You need to practice and practice to make sure you know what you're doing with confidence.

vor 8 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback. As a cloud provider that regularly adds capabilities, we continue to strive to update the user experience with ease of in mind. For teachers, I suggest your team leverage the Help with the hundreds of knowledge base articles. In addition, there is the Instructor Video Series in the Help that is a great resource for both new teachers and refresher for new tips for current users. Thanks again from the TeacherEase team.

Bethanie M.
Elem Principal/HS Guidance Counselor in USA

Student Management System

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Customer support is great, even during busy times. I like it.

Teacherease is a product that we, as a small school, use every day. It doesn't give us too much or too little. It does what we need without the fluff. It is effective. I like the simplicity of what we have to do in the program for our school

The only thing I don't like about the program is that there is not enough of a notification if you move from one academic year to the next other than a little toggle switch. I wish they would change the background color or the font color for every year.

Jeanne S.
Assistant Superintendent in USA

Excellent Standards-Based Grading System

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: They are typically very responsive when we need support and have included many updates we have asked for over the years.

This is one of a few grading programs that actually allow standards-based grading to be entered into the system in a logical and meaningful way.

Some of the coding needs to be updated. There are very outdated systems still in place within the program.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your feedback on our industry-leading standards-based learning tools. We take great pride in going the extra mile building capabilities based on the research while listening to user input on workflow usability. To that end, we do have the classic tech company challenge of adding new code. It is never-ending to keep up with the latest. Fortunately, as a cloud provider, we provide updates every week to the product based on feedback from our clients. If you haven't yet, feel free to provide feedback from the menu at Help > Feedback for your requests. Alternatively, you can reach out to customer support at support@common-goal.com. Thanks again!!!

Michelle V.
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Teacherease use in a school

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with the ease and functionality of TeacherEase. I would recommend it for any school that is looking for a management system.

Teacherease is easy to use. It has many great features and is always updating to meet the school's needs as it pertains to state reports and requirements. They did a great job of adapting when COVID hit and completely changed the daily functions and operations of the school setting. Another strong feature is the communication ease with families.

There are some limitations with reports. Users are the best input for what could be helpful and our input is always accepted. However, sometimes they change things and it isn't always for the better.

Kris G.
Math Teacher in USA

TeacherEase User

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I find it relatively easy to use. I would love an assignment view. Currently the only view is from the standpoint of competencies.

It is easy to navigate through assignments, students, and competencies.

Our use is slightly different than others. It has been a bit of challenge to get the product set up the way we want it. This is mostly in grade calculation.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your review. We love your unique use of TeacherEase since you are a CBE school. We strive to be the leader in CBE and standards-based learning. Your calculation methods are not your typical recommended SBL/CBE mathematical models such as Power Law, Decaying Weight, Mode/Median/Average of Recent Scores and more that are out-of-the-box with TeacherEase. To address your complex needs (and others with very specific calculation requirements), we enhanced our standards-based grading with logic-rules and more grade calculation options - https://www.teacherease.com/app/news/article/Logic-Rules-for-Grade-Calculation-in-Competency-based-Education-CBE As for the assignment view, you can see it by going to Gradebook > Assignments. Feel free to contact support at support@common-goal.com to help you with that feature. Thanks again!

Laura M.
1st grade teacher in USA

I like TeacherEase!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I've used it exclusively through my school setting so I'm not sure how it would work outside of the education realm. I do feel it works well in a school and would recommend it to others to use.

Once I learned the ins and outs of the program it became very easy to use. I like that you can have the icons right on the main screen for quick access. I also like how the gradebook automatically calculates the child's overall scores for their report card. This is especially nice since we are using Standard Based Grades. In our previous program, we had to do it ourselves. Overall, I feel like the program is user friendly and with a little training easy to navigate.

I wish there was a way of tracking whether a parent is seeing our emails. I wish there was a time or date stamp to see when the parent looked at the email we sent. It would also be nice to be able to delay a message being sent for the future. Being a teacher using this, sometimes I forget to send an email when I need to and it would be nice to write it up when I am thinking about it and set it to send out later.

Megan G.
Administrative Assistant for Student Services in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Teacherease User Friendly

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It makes it easier to do state reports. It also is great that we can use 1 system for lunch, attendance and schedules. The tech support team is great to work with.

We love Teacherease in our district. It is user friendly and any school level can use it. I especially like that I can export the data from Teacherease to upload to the State Student Identification System (SIS). This capability has made my job so much easier. I usually get a quick response from the support team if we have an issue or questions.

I do wish it would keep track of our local student ID numbers so that we don't accidentally reuse a number that a student who has moved had.

letztes Jahr

I am so glad you use our direct upload to SIS feature. TeacherEase has a built in feature to autogenerate unique student numbers feature with an options to keep numbers unique across all academic years. Feel free to contact us at support@common-goal.com for help setting it up.

Valarie S.
Secretary in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

TeacherEase

5 letztes Jahr

I think this software is user friendly, I use this as a admim, and also as a parent. Very easy to get around.

I do wish there was a teacherease manual, I like to see things on paper still.

letztes Jahr

I am glad you can use the admin and parent portals successfully in TeacherEase. In the past year we have expanded our Knowledge Base articles (Main > Help > Knowledge Base) to include answers to the frequently asked questions, and are working on more documentations as well. Feel free to email us any documentation needs at support@common-goal.com

Jennifer K.

Review

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have used TeacherEase for many years. As I stated, we do enjoy using the features that work for our school district, but navigating around needs to be simplified, there is just way to much clicking around. I have also noticed that customer service used to be hands down the fastest and best service, but lately they have been far from. We have waited anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes to speak to support. The people that we have spoke to continue to be very knowledgeable and understanding but one representative in particular may need to put his "advance knowledge" behind him and try to actually listen to the customer first without belittling our questions and cutting us off when we are trying to explain our needs. We have high hopes for the upcoming year, and hope that the wait times for support, (in time) get better. Thank you for all that you do to help our school district and other school districts.

We do enjoy using the features that work for our school district.

Having a lot of options is great, but navigating around should be simplified.

Jason T.
principal in USA

Teacherease Pro & Con

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great experience and cost effective for all users

Superior customer support and help desk with topics to be researched without calling a representative, seamless student information management that has evolved as user needs evolve

Inability to use certain features across all devices

Tiffany L.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Teacherease

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, things have been great, very smooth transition and the updates are wonderful!

Once setup, the software is very user friendly. I have been using this software for about 14 years and I like many of the features. They try to keep updating things that are needed for reporting etc. The custom reports feature comes in very handy depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

I think the on-line registration could be improved and the fee portion when you have fees that rollover from the previous year.

Allison S.
Instructional Technology Coach in USA

Hugh TeacherEase Fan

Kommentare: This has been a wonderful company to work with. Their customer service has been wonderful. Our report card/gradebook process has greatly been simplified.

The company has been amazing to work with. They helped us customize our report cards and gradebook to fit our exact needs. This software has been wonderful to use. The teachers have an easy time entering grades and assignments. The parents are now able to view thier student's grades and download their report cards. We have even stopped sending home paper copies!

There are a few too many steps to switch from trimester to another. Now that I have been using it for a few years, the process has become more routine.

Stella W.

Easy to Use

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: TeacherEase has been great for our district. The company consistently has webinars and also has a knowledge base to help. I have truly made TeacherEase my skill set.

This software is easy to use and is parent/student friendly. I also like the fact that when there is a problem, talking to customer support is amazing. TeacherEase backs its product.

Updates are not always noticeable until you get an error message for completely something one way and it has been changed.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for relying on our products and our support to aid your TeacherEase experience. Feel free to email question or report any issues to support@common-goal.com

Jeff B.
Technical Services Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Fulfills the Needs of smaller schools well

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Relatively easy to set up and transition from year to year it not complicated. Support has been good and they typically respond in a timely manner. There were times that tickets seemed to fall between the cracks, and I was forced to follow up to get a resolution, however, that was an exception. They seem to be responsive to changes in the State reporting needs which was really appreciated.

The software is one of the least expensive of those we evaluated. The features are pretty straight forward, with not a lot of frills. If you don't need a Cadillac, this is a good option.

As a safe school, students do not follow semesters or quarters. Classes are up to 6 weeks and if they get done sooner, then they get the next class. TeacherEase was unable to really accommodate this well, and we have to play some games to get around it. We totally recognize this is not a problem many other institutions would have.

Julie H.
Admissions Director/Office Manager in USA

TeacherEase works for us

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been extremely happy and grateful for the support staff who help us with the system.

It provides for our needs. We are able to record grades, attendance, and medical information.

Sometimes not as flexible as our needs change.

letztes Jahr

We're glad to have you back! Please feel free to reach out to support@common-goal.com with any question.