Dealertrack DMS

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Benjamin L.
Director Maintenance Operations
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this software daily to help keep the productivity at my company flowing. It allows us many great options to manage our operations. I would recommend this to those that are looking at the product for a complete solution.

Vorteile: The software offers a true variety of options when it comes to daily operations. The team at Dealertrack is always on top of updates and communication and the system rarely if ever has any issues.

Nachteile: There aren't many cons from my standpoint, it provides a tool to help get things done in an efficient manner. The only issue you may run into is when you have people setting up others accounts, they can either give too much or too little to the user in terms of options. I would advise training the HR or whomever you will have set the program up to be very specific to each persons roll in the company, again this is a user issue not the program itself

The Gold standard

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Michael S.
Finance Director
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Before Dealertrack, trying to get credit applications over to banks was a tedious and monotonous process in which created a lot of tension for customers. The reason? Because to wait for a disposition for a customer could take quite some time. Enter Dealertrack! With Dealertrack, getting approvals was quick and easy.

Nachteile: Nothing to report. During the time that I used it, I don't ever recall having any issues or having to call them up for either training or technical support. This is a true testament to how easy their software is to use.

Second Best of Lender Submission Platforms

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Britney M.
Digital Advertising

Kommentare: Overall, it is an easy to use, And more importantly, easy to train platform. However, it lacks in the overall non pay-to-play capability in relation to it's peers.

Vorteile: It is very easy to train employees to use and is esthetically appealing. Also, its integration with other products, specifically its DMS, is second to none.

Nachteile: It is limited. You have to pay for everything. It has limited internal capabilities. Very expensive. No captive has partnered with them to mitigate said costs.

When it works it is acceptable.

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Quality Assurance Analysts
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: When it is up and running it is useful and would be great, the idea of what it can do is exactly what you would want. If I want to see the service history from the last year I couldn't get all the information I needed. Not sure if this is because we didn't have the software integrated correctly or what.

Nachteile: Had problems logging on in the morning when I first got to work. The Vin scanner doesn't always read on the first try, have to scan and scan to get it to read. The mobile application just didn't work fast enough. I often had to go back to my desk to get all the data I needed and by then it was too late to capitalized on the initial interaction with the customer.

Good tool but not great

Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Adam K.
Finance Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dealertrack is mandatory for my job. The dealership has been using it since before I started working here. Its old school and could use a facelift. I hear they're coming out with a unify system but we'll see if it is much of an improvement.

Vorteile: It allows me to accomplish most of my daily tasks without much headache

Nachteile: The user interface isn't great. It could be so much better. Some parameters should be automatic. In the forms section the scroll function is weird and everything seems very old school.

Dealer Track best software in the Automotive industry

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Glenn I.
Finance Director
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Dealer Track Since it's entry into the car business. It is difficult to imagine working a car deal without it.

Vorteile: Dealer track has a tool for almost every need in the industry.
Very easy to use.
Always Improving and adding valuable tools.

Nachteile: Cost should be tailored to dealership size and use of product. Not to take away from its value because there is no better tool for the automobile industry.

At your finger tips!

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Cristian R.
F & I
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall dealertrac was functional and pretty quick for approvals.

Vorteile: Allowes me to view multiple finance companies at a press of a button. Gives you information on additional documents that are needed. Quick information upload

Nachteile: The cons for me is that it allowed other F&I users to see qualified and minimal qualified candidates. This did create issues with cherry picking.

Dealertrack, good but some faults

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
John B.
Delivery Coordinator
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have found that overall this is a good platform. I like the overall UI and ease of use.

Vorteile: I like that I have become accustomed to all of the features and its ease of use. Being a daily user I need something that functions properly so I can work efficiently.

Nachteile: Sometimes the software can crash with some regularity.

New DMS, works well

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Eli V.
Parts Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Using this DMS software daily has been a little bit of a steep learning curve after so many years with Reynolds & Reynolds but as the time goes on it becomes more and more intuitive on a day to day basis. It seems they continue to run updates and improve the experience as well.

Nachteile: Would have liked some more in depth training related to those that are computer savvy, there are a number of shortcuts that come in hand that we've had to learn ourselves that make using this DMS worlds more simple. Maybe consider adding this into the training program going forward.

Mostly Happy with Dealer track.

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Parts Manager
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our dealership has been using Dealertrack for 6 months after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Dealertrack is alot easier and more intuitive. I'm told we are also saving a bunch of money for switching. All features seem to be included, instead of paying for each individual features like Reynolds.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Has more current features after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Way cheaper as well.

Nachteile: Seems to be lacking some features that are present in other areas of the software. Suggestions need to have at least 50 votes before Dealertrack will even look at it.

Dealertrack ELT Services

Bewertet am 12.4.2017
Nicholas B.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was first introduced to Sue Phillips and her team at Dealer Track back in December 2016. I was trying to help a fellow Dealer obtain his ELT # for the state of Arizona.
I noticed that at that time Dealer Track was experiencing a bit of a staffing challenge, however, the level of support I was getting was phenomenal!! Sue and her team worked around all obstacles including the shortage of resources available to complete the process.
3 months later I obtained my dealer license, I remembered how professional the team at Dealer Track was, so I decided implement my ELT# with Sue and her team. I made the right choice!! Sue and her team were able to complete the entire process start to finish in record time. Thanks again for Stepping up and helping our new Dealership. Time is money, and DealerTracks speed and efficiency definitely contributed to our overall bottom line profitability.. I would rate this as Best In Class Industry Service!!! Nick Buzzetta
AZ Auto Connect

Customizable and Easy to use

Bewertet am 22.4.2019
Senior Manager, Risk & Retention
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very diverse DMS for the money. Switched from one of the other big three to Dealertrack and after we got our feet wet, you couldn’t make anyone go back.

Nachteile: Need to ensure you take this rare time to start fresh and clean up your accounting and processes. No sense in bringing the old ways to the new set up (and typically you don’t switch a DMS often). We, unfortunately, did not do our due diligence and the implementation folks are going to do what you ask- which was foolish on our part. Because of that we had a few months after where it was not as smooth as I would have liked

Great software for the automotive industry

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Robin H.
MANAGER
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like using dealertrack. As a F&I manager at an automotive dealership, I use Dealertrack to submit all of my credit applications and it is so easy to use! I can access payoffs, approvals, and everything in between with Dealertrack.

Nachteile: Every so often, the software goes down and it can take minutes or hours for it to come back. I also wish there was a way to transfer my credit apps into my Lot Wizard instead of having to re-type everything.

Dealer Track - Affordable DMS solution

Bewertet am 15.9.2018
Deployment Specialist
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, it is not as good as some, yet still better than others. It tends to be one of the better affordable DMS available.

Vorteile: >Overall Cost is the normal variable in choosing the DealerTrack DMS
*Cheaper Dealer solution than either CDK or Reynolds &Reynolds
>Some Aspects of the DMS can be Automated even though the overall solution is FTP based. >Navigation is not too intensive >Able to set up Auto run extractions for provision to a CRM Solution >Setup of reporting and or File runs is normally easily accomplished >Offers In house Integration with Service App X-Time

Nachteile: >Reporting is not as extensive as offered by other DMS providers >X-Time integration can be spotty at times >Limitations on the amount of Historical data that is maintained within the DMS, remaining Data is archived and is not as easily accessible. >System is not Live update for Automated reporting
*Example: Automated reports set up today do not get recognized by the system as such until the nightly update occurs.
>Seems to be fewer people available at a dealership that possess the proper admin access required for setting up reports or reviewing High end information.

I love being able to have all my lenders in one place!

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Tabitha W.
General Manager

Kommentare: I couldn't imagine the F&I process without it!

Vorteile: I love that Dealertrack integrates with my other DMS software and I can seamlessly send apps to all of my chosen lenders. Counter offers are made right there and all within minutes. It shortens the car buying process for customers and F&I.

Nachteile: There is a little bit of a learning curve when you first start. But the staff is very helpful and will help you get the most out of the system.

Dealertrack is one of the leading full auto dealer solutions companies.

Bewertet am 28.12.2017
Jesse M.
Webmaster
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Uptodate tech. Great source of options. Dealertrack as a company is very productive in their operations.

Nachteile: Regarding the child company Dealer.com: Customer support has many breaks in communication between support reps and techs. The background coding environment used antiquated code. It takes way to long to resolve minor issues. Promises are often made yet are not fulfilled.

Dealertrack is a great system for pulling bureaus and accessing lenders!

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Brienna S.
Business Manager
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this program every day and have been very happy with it. It's especially nice that it has the option to export the contents of the worksheet to other systems I use regularly (ie: dealerpull and walkaway). I am very happy with this program.

Vorteile: The direct access it gives to multiple lenders.

Nachteile: Sometimes the deals get stuck between me and another lender and I have to call to get it pushed through.

I use this everyday and it's great!

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Sharon H.
Sales
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Keeps inventory and pricing up to date with little or no effort. It's a great product that we use everyday

Vorteile: It's easy to use and keeps track of inventory and leads in a comprehensive manner. You can make as many quotes as you need.

Nachteile: I wish the font and colors were darker because we have a hard time seeing the screen sometimes. Great product though.

The center of your business

Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Andrew J.
Internet sales manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Again, integration with all of my CRM software makes this choice a no brainer

Vorteile: It's integration with the best software and your key to all available lenders. They already have generated standardized forms so there are no times you'll need to reinvent the wheel

Nachteile: Price, but you can only have two or is the criteria. If it's good and fast, it's not cheap. If it's fast and cheap, it's not good. And if it's cheap and good, it's not fast. Pick two.

Efficient

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Tanya M.
Business Admin
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most is you can submit credit applications for potential car buys and do all the financing paper work all on the same software.

Nachteile: What I like least about the software is sometimes it does crash and you have to call technical support.

easy to use

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Linda S.
Automotive, Selbstständig

Kommentare: saves time. availability of finding new lenders

Vorteile: it sends all the information needed to several financial institutions therefor saving us time and money.

Nachteile: not all financial institutions are available or integrated with the software . Unable to fax credit applications

Great DMS

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Ben R.
Sales Manager

Vorteile: Easy to use for our business office managers and our office staff. Great program that helps track incentives.

Nachteile: Cost is a little higher than others but we dont mind paying a little extra to get such a great and easy to use product

DEALERTRACK

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/PAYROLL
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: DEALERTRACK IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND I LIKE ALL THE REFERENCE MATERIAL AVAILABLE.

Nachteile: I DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IS SOME REPORTING YOU CAN'T REFERENCE TWO YEARS TOGETHER. YOU HAVE TO PRINT EACH YEAR SEPARATELY.

Dealer Track is an excellent CRM tool to have when your preparing a new deal for financing structure

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Clifton E.
Finance Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for utilizing your customers information for a deal structure, pulling credit and expediting your deal to all the Banks and Credit Unions you use for approvals.

Vorteile: Great for utilizing your customers information for a deal structure, pulling credit and expediting your deal to all the Banks and Credit Unions you use for approvals.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, not all Banks or Credit Unions use the Dealer Track platform. And you have to be established with a Bank or Credit Union to expedite a deal to. It would be nice if the system had Financial Institutes on their platform to help out Independent Dealers.

Great product!

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Paul R.
GM
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We live it at the dealership

Vorteile: Easy of use. Simply and easy. I like it because it’s a self taught product.

Nachteile: Nothing really negative to say. It’s a easy product to use.