Über SendGrid

SendGrids Cloud-basierte Email-Infrastruktur entlastet Unternehmen von den Kosten und von der Komplexität, eigene benutzerdefinierte Mail-Systeme beizubehalten.

Erfahre mehr über SendGrid

The software is powerful and while advances it’s quite easy to get a hang of.

The customer support was the worst I have ever experienced.

Bewertungen zu SendGrid

3,8
4,0

SendGrid hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 724 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SendGrid bereits verwendet?

Eddie
Eddie
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Uwe
Coach in Deutschland
Alternative Medizin, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ich würde sendrgrig jedem empfehlen

Mit dieser Software sind wir sehr zufriedenSie erhalten einen vollständigen Bericht und können leicht feststellen, ob Ihr Kunde die E-Mail erhalten hat oder etwas schief gelaufen ist. Das ist einfach unbezahlbar.

Keine Nachteile für mein Unternehmen, daher auch die 5 Sterne bewertung

luz mary
luz mary
teacher in Kolumbien
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Maximizing Communication this is an Indispensable Tool

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The platform has strengthened the way I manage email communications, allowing me to reach our clients effectively and efficiently.

The highlights of this platform for me have been its impressive ability to integrate seamlessly with other platforms and its intuitive interface that makes it easy to handle emails at scale. But I also really liked the ease of initial configuration that allowed me to launch our campaigns quickly, thus optimizing our response times to the market.

It is important to mention that at specific times I have experienced some delays in the response of technical support. However, these incidents have been minor and do not affect my overall perception of the platform.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Unique Way to Build a Custom Campaign manager in Record Time

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We've liked it thus far, we're working on rebranding and on the email side we're ready thanks to SendGrid.

We like how there are code snippets, thorough documentation, and multiple-domain support (Something we lacked before)

I'm fond of support that makes you wait for a solution when an issue arises, but errors and documentation is thorough enough it rarely happens.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: We cannot disclose our previous provider, so we did switch but can't say. We chose SendGrid over Mailchimp because it's more for developers and custom solutions. MailChimp is more customer-end-user friendly.

Sammy
Product Designer in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Reliable but not the best email tool for designing

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Sendgrid is a very reliable tool and has all the functionalities needed.

Design tools could be enhanced, it's limiting in terms of what you can do for design.

Olivia
CEO in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effective and affordable

4,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: We have used SendGrid for transactional emails for over ten years. It works. It’s simple. It’s affordable.

SendGrid is straightforward and does what we need it to do for an affordable price.

SendGrid is not complex enough for out marketing email needs.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: I chose SendGrid because its functions as we need it to and it’s affordable for a small startup.

Thomas
Senior IT Developer in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Using SendGrid As An SMTP Service (Integrating With Other Software)

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall we're really happy with SendGrid and have been using them for years now with no thought of moving or going back to our old method (which was just sending all of our emails over our regular SMTP details, which came with lots of drawbacks and undelivered emails).

We like how SendGrid provides us with a central platform which we can send emails to from our multiple other Platforms and have them all sent together from one Platform. It was also really useful for us to be able to purchase a Static IP Address just for ourselves, as this has increased both our reputation and the amount of our emails which are delivered now vs before we moved to SendGrid.

The initial setup, getting a Static IP Address and learning about the reporting features took a little bit of time to get used to, however this is probably to be expected with this type of product and it did not take us too long. We also had to "warm up" the new Static IP Address which we purchased, which meant sending some emails over a Shared Pool IP Address for so many days but, again, this is probably to be expected to help with reputation etc.

Joe
Joe
COO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Customer Service Is Terrible

Kommentare: As long as you don't have an issue and need CS their tech works great and have a good value proposition. When I can find another company with a similar value proposition and even decent customer service I will switch.

They present a good value and a dependable product

Customer service is terrible. It used to be pretty good. They have made getting service more difficult, and when you use the chat they try to redirect you away. So when you chat you get in a queue and they text you when you are next. I get a text go to the chat and it says >1 Minute. I stay on for 3-5 minutes no one is there, I go back to what I am doing and when I go back the chat closed. Do it all over again, and this time within a minute someone gets on. I message 7 times my question and issue, 10 minutes go by before I get an answer. The whole process is terrible and purposefully by design treats their paying customer like trash. You don't matter, your time doesn't matter, and in fact you are an idiot for not figuring out the issue on your own. Even when my question/issue was something ONLY they can do. I do not have the ability to increase subusers, only they do. I wish I could say that this is a SendGrid issue, almost every business has rearranged their CS to serve employees, which usually is at the expense of those who pay to make the whole operation work.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: SparkPost

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: I also use Twilio, seemed like a reasonable thing to use both services.

Ewa
Marketing Team Lead in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SendGrid: Robusta Tool for Email Marketing

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

I give double thumbs up to the fact that it automates email marketing which saves time.

SendGrid had all the capabilities that enables me to automate marketing strategies even though it lack offline access.

Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Integrated with Envision

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I love the visual editor - it makes putting together email campaigns quite simple. Being able to edit both desktop and mobile independently is always a plus. I love that it integrates with our Salon booking system - Envision.

Current limitations placed on Envision/SendGrid integration is only 5000 emails per location. We would love to increase but were told we are not able to. Also, unable to view campaign statics with the integrated platform.

Erick
Product Marketing Manager in Brasilien
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Powerful but difficult to setup and use

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Its API is flexible and has a good starting price.

It's not easy to set up and maintain. Its options are confusing and the interface looks outdated.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Intercom

Zuvor genutzte Software: HubSpot Marketing Hub und Mailchimp

Bill
Developer in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good solution for WordPress SMTP

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We needed a way to improve on the fairly dismal email deliverability in client WordPress sites, and our primary web host had an integration with SendGrid. After seeing great improvement in deliverability with SendGrid, we have started using it on many sites hosted elsewhere.

The biggest pro is that SendGrid has a free tier -- increasingly their competitors are moving away from having one. As a result, we can use SendGrid with many sites to improve email deliverability within Wordpress for free, and it's still affordable if it's needed more.

Email validation is not available until you reach the Pro level, which can be a bit pricier for smaller sites.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailgun

Dome
Digital Director in Italien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

That's the best smtp software you can get for your buck

Kommentare: i would recommend sendrgrig to everyone my mum included. It's just the best smtp provider if you consider money and value

ok this is not a free software but you can get all you want: just smtp or stats and more.. what I really enjoyed was the stats service.. If you run an e-commerce you'll be familiar with the question: "did my customer got the email?" well with sendgrid you can actually answer that question. You'll have a full report and you can easily tell if your customer got the email or something went wrong. This is something just invaluable.

This is not a pricy software but you need to understand its value. if your business is not big enough maybe it will be hard to sustain. nevertheless i just can say this is the place to look even if you have a small business. unless you want to take the burden of handling smtp this software is just awesome.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MailUp, Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde: This is the best software if you need an affordable secure smtp with stats and cherries on top.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: SendGrid is my recommended choice. I'll keep suggesting it to all my customers.

Fernando
CTO and General Manager in Mexiko
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great transactional email platform, very decent for email marketing

Kommentare: By far is the best tool we've used for transactional emails, and the last couple years it has done a good job for email marketing. They have very strict policies against cold email, which keeps deliverability high.

It is very easy to use and deploy. The API is very well documented and the email marketing features can easily be used by non-developers without writing a single line of code. They have a very nice no-code email builder, but it also allows to do it in HTML for more technically inclined users.

Though it is a great platform for transactional email, the Email Marketing tools are charged extra. SendGrid is only really good if you get a dedicated IP, which is absent for the cheaper tiers.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailgun und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Better value at the time, better customer service, and our developers liked the API better-

Suman
Software Engineer in USA

Using Heroku and SenGrid is Painful

Kommentare: The tool is good. But their initial configuration is so terrible I recently moved to SendInBlue. This tool used to be so good but trying to make it secure they just ruin it for devs. The customer supports is not really responsive. In past years they have grown so quickly they could not keep up their old qualities.

It has a really good transactional API and the dynamic template is nice and easy to use. Ruby gem for SendGrid is good as well.

The configuration part is terrible. When you add Sendgrid add-on through Heroku it gets blacklisted instantly. When you tried to a new account the signup process is terrible. They have added 2FA and sender authentication that is a good thing but that is a nightmare for a project with multiple devs and having multiple environments. They need to add features for developers.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Brevo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: I decide to choose SendInBlue over SendGrid because they have become terrible with their initial configuration.

Thomas
SEO Executive in UK
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SendGrid is one of my favorite email platforms.

Kommentare: Sendgrid lives up to its reputation as a market leader for email. Be it marketing, authentication and transactional emails. It provides a plethora of options and functionality that meet most business needs.

The fact I use sendgrid for transactional emails says a lot. The api intergration is a breeze, as are all of its parameters available. The email monitor tools as well as the disposable email detection have proven particularly useful. Third party intergration is easy with the likes of Firebase, FaunaDB and node cloud functions.

There isn't any particular thing I have a disliking for in all honesty.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MailerLite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: The api was more approachable compared to some other services on the market. With emphasis on transactional email.

Mohamed
Lecturer in Algerien
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The Best Option for Email Marketing

Kommentare: SendGrid is the best option that assembles a host of benefits in one place; its editor, analytics and reports, and particularly, its powerful feature to prioritize campaigns and increase performance let every business excels.

SendGrid is the best option to boost your business ahead or rather your marketing emails; its detailed reports on clicks, opens, subscribers and even spam lets you revise or edit your campaigns and thus increase conversion. SendGrid is best known for its editor, which lets tailor your emails according your needs, both demographic or geographic.

Actually, I become slow to recommend SendGrid due to its limited features of contact management; it does not provide many options compared to Mailchimp. I also did not like its pricing, which determines the quality of your SendGrid dashboard.

Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SendGrid Review

Kommentare: It is fine--we continue to use it and at the end of the day the emails get delivered. It is just not super practical or intuitive. To get the full benefits I had to get a professional guy who knows HTML to help me to design and send the emails (and I am very savvy with technology).

This software has better features than competitors and email campaigns seem to reach out to more people. the templates provided are useful.

The Challenge with this app is that every little improvement that you want to make to your process is going to cost you more money. So although it starts being cheaper than competitors, by the time you add the reporting, stats, more emails you end up paying the same or more. Unless you pay extra you will not see the results of your email campaign, that is a big con, and you don't realize this until you have imported thousands of people and have invested a lot of hours creating your lists. Since you get a lot of free features when you first sign-in "as a trial period" by the time they remove them you are all in!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde: I thought Mailchimp was too expensive and someone highly recommended SendGrid

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Came highly recommended by others in my industry.

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
President and CEO in Kanada
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SendGrid Review 2021

Kommentare: Sendgrid helped us effectively manage our cold email outreach, supplying data in a very clear way for easy understanding. Sendgrid ensured we had an IP address and got our emails always delivered.

The most impactful feature of SendGrid for our business is data analysis of using both numbers and graphs to paint a very clear picture of the project performance. It is a very powerful tool we use for sending and managing emails campaigns, especially for cold email for marketing.

The most challenging part of using Sendgrid for us was the integration and setup process but the customer support and YouTube videos were very helpful.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailshake

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: It was a better all-around package for what we were looking for with a tool like this.

JIll
Outreach & Events Coordinator in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sendgrid Review

Kommentare: I have had many frustrating experiences working with this platform and spent more time using this then I would like to. I would likely not recommend this in comparison to other similar platforms like mailchimp.

The site is pretty straight forward and easy to navigate.

There are a lot of technical kinks that need to be worked out. Simple things like copy and paste, moving items around, etc. often do not work and will kick me out of the program. This often does not save my work even though it 'automatically' saves. Also, minor changes to specs often messes up the entire layout, causing me to have to start over. It would also be nice if you had the option to view emails from a browser, as we use this site for a newsletter and having the option to download this/upload a link to a website would be helpful.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: I did not choose. But would choose switching to mailchimp if I could.

Pranjal
Co founder in Indien
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

More about deliverability and less about total email marketing solution defines sendgrid.

Kommentare: Sendgrid is great with delivering emails and is undisputed in transactional emails . Use it for its top notch deliverability, reporting and analytics as no other application even comes close to it in these areas but as a total email marketing platform; it lacks behind as it has very few campaign automation features, it is difficult to get used to and has a poor customer support. It is also slightly more expensive than others and falls in the middle of the lineup in terms of pricing.

Deliverability, reporting and analytics and email validation are the areas where sendgrid is at the top. It even tells you if the email ids you are sending emails to are active or are misspelled or are disposable. It has excellent reporting features and lets you know the emails which bounced, got opened or got unsubscribed. Its email editor is good wherein you can edit existing templates using drag and drop features and you can also use tags for sending personalised emails.

Campaign automation, segmentation of contact lists are severe drawbacks of this application. There is hardly anything you can automate in terms of automating your campaigns or automating when to send emails on certain action points.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Brevo, Mailchimp und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Because of its deliverability.

Zee
Zee
Digital Operations Manager in Ukraine
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

If you're tight on the budget...

Kommentare: It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?! The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it. Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Reply und Mailchimp

Jonathan
Jonathan
CTO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Kommentare: Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailgun

Mohammad Iqbal
Mohammad Iqbal
Project Manager in Pakistan

Send Grid - Review

Kommentare: I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

Mauro
Programmer in Italien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Very simple

Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

Daniel
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

HORRIBLE customer support

Kommentare: I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer support took 25 DAYS to respond to my initial ticket, then cut me off 6 days later (no warnings, no recourse, just shut down). What is worse is that my customers discovered that every email they had that had a link in it, had the link rewritten to be a Sendgrid redirect URL. And since they terminated my account, this meant that my customers could not click on those links any more, and their emails were being held hostage. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything. This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.

It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.