Über SendGrid

SendGrids Cloud-basierte Email-Infrastruktur entlastet Unternehmen von den Kosten und von der Komplexität, eigene benutzerdefinierte Mail-Systeme beizubehalten.

Erfahre mehr über SendGrid

The software is powerful and while advances it’s quite easy to get a hang of.

The customer support was the worst I have ever experienced.

Bewertungen zu SendGrid

3,8
4,0

SendGrid hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 531 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SendGrid bereits verwendet?

Vishal J.
Vishal J.
Technical Manager in Indien

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

Kommentare: I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime. The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns. From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like. On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites. Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Sendinblue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.

Pius E.
Founder in Uganda
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

SendGrid

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp und AWeber

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.

Paul C.
Paul C.
Business Owner in UK

After 10 years - they banned by account without notice

1 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I used the service for 10 years, sending telephone call receipts and email notifications from clients sites, not had any issues, then this last year clients started complaining about receiving emails at night. I thought that was odd, turns out that Sendgrid IP address was blacklisted, very expensive to upgrade to a dedicated IP address, so put up with the multitude of issues throughout the year - then last time complained about deliverability I then suddenly got an email to say "We have reviewed your account and have determined that Twilio’s services cannot support the content and/or nature of your business. " What an absolute JOKE, never host mission-critical email with these clowns - why suddenly an issue after 10 years! and why so careless suspend my account!

Basic SMTP - no really a lot to like in fact it's awful

We have reviewed your account and have determined that Twilio’s services cannot support the content and/or nature of your business. SLOW support

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Sendinblue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: because I thought Twilio would be reputable, I spend 3,000 a year at twilio, and they just cut my email off like that

Team Lead in Madagaskar
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Allows you to see how your emails perform

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Great. We really love Sendgrid. We are using another different tool doing the same job, for various reason, but Sendgrid is really the one with which you can do more and analyze more.

We have been using Sendgrid for many things within the marketing team. We have been able to see how our emails perform in terms of sending, receiving, opening, click rate. It allows us to make bolder and assured move for the next ones we planned to have : which CTAs worked, what needs to be changed, etc. Our team in general is working with a huge data base of emails: they are able to verifiy if emails are bounced ones or if they work etc. We want to make sure that our transactional emails are efficient and Sendgrid help greatly for that.

It contains a LOT of data if you are blasting a lot of emails to a lot of different group of people. The best is to have one person dedicated in the teazm to really play with the data and share it to the team. Otherwise, each person can spend a lot of time on it.

Jamie A.
partnerships/Integrations in Dominikanische Republik

Exceptional email platform that provides stellar email deliverability stats

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: The support was slow to respond many times, but when I connected with them, they were professional, thorough, and amazing. The platform lacks any bells and whistles, but if you are sending out cold email outreach, this is the service to use to ensure your emails make it into an inbox.

Low cost but high value to increase cold email outreach deliverability.

The sequence features felt like an old DOS tool. Not many functionality or creative options were available.

iOS developer in Madagaskar

Sendgrid can ease your marketing team's job

4 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Great. We started using it to verified if our user's emails were real ones. Once we started seeing all its features and added value, we started tracking everything on it for our clients.

We have been implementing Sendgrid within our company to help with email marketing. It's a good email tracking software to see how many people open our emails, clicks, bounced emails, etc. It really helps us take better decisions. We can also improve our emails a lot from heading to content based on results we get. Analytics are also a valuable feature.

There is A LOT of data available. It takes time to train the team to learn to use it to its full potential. Once your each the point everyone knows where to look at etc, it becomes one of your most-used software for sure.

Jay B.
data analyst in USA

Great until you want more targeted and transactional sends

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Simple to send mass emails and a very easy UI to see how each email is performing.

We left sendgrid to use Acoustic because we wanted to start supplementing our usual mass emails with more personalized, smaller sends and SendGrid couldn't do it as easily.

Angus M.
Company Director in UK
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

One of the best SMTP tools for new users

4 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Sendgrid solved the problem of being a beginner to email marketing for me, I used it until I was more confident then moved to other software. Its great for learning.

I like how MailGrid requires absolutely no knowledge to get started with emailing. They make the whole process so easy through their well developed GUI and even people with no experience can get stuck straight in.

The price was a little bit of a con, whilst it's not too bad, it is quite a bit higher to competitors.

Ed S.
CVO in USA

Powerful and simple email marketing tool to add to your stack

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Integrations with 3rd party tools and shared IPs so I didn't have to start from scratch and warm up new IPs

Lack of reporting and having to upgrade to get additional basic reporting features

Ivy D.
Business Owner in Serbien
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I love SendGrid!

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I love that it makes it possible to get notified on appointment, news, anything our team needs to reach out to customers automatically. Such a time saver!

I love how reliable SendGrid is, offering endless options to communicate with clients and users.

So far I love it, I still need to explore the possibilities with SendGrid.

Rahul R.
Rahul R.
Chief Technical Officer in Indien

Most Underrated Powerful Email Marketing Tool

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Sendgrid is a powerful email marketing tool that offers superior services to its customers. Sendgrid is a must-have tool for start-ups, eCommerce businesses, freelancers and corporates. One thing that separates Sendgrid from other email marketing tools is their scalability once our list grows. The free version of Sendgrid allows you to send 100 emails every day.

What I like most about Sendgrid is that most of the tools out there offer easy integration with Sendgrid. Some apps can even directly integrate with SendGrid without using automation software like Zapier.

Sendgrid's UI is a bit confusing and it took some time to get used to the options. The email editor lacks certain features.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ConvertKit, Moosend und Omnisend

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde: They are very expensive and for half the price I can get all the features on Sendgrid.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Sendlane

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Sendgrid offers more options and subscribers on the free plan than what they offer on their paid plan.

Dome S.
Digital Director in Italien

That's the best smtp software you can get for your buck

Kommentare: i would recommend sendrgrig to everyone my mum included. It's just the best smtp provider if you consider money and value

ok this is not a free software but you can get all you want: just smtp or stats and more.. what I really enjoyed was the stats service.. If you run an e-commerce you'll be familiar with the question: "did my customer got the email?" well with sendgrid you can actually answer that question. You'll have a full report and you can easily tell if your customer got the email or something went wrong. This is something just invaluable.

This is not a pricy software but you need to understand its value. if your business is not big enough maybe it will be hard to sustain. nevertheless i just can say this is the place to look even if you have a small business. unless you want to take the burden of handling smtp this software is just awesome.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MailUp, Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde: This is the best software if you need an affordable secure smtp with stats and cherries on top.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: SendGrid is my recommended choice. I'll keep suggesting it to all my customers.

Eddie L.
Eddie L.
CEO in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

Kommentare: SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp. To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop. On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde: MailChimp actually gets very pricey after you exceed 2,000 users. MailChimp also lacks the sophistication you need when you start doing more advanced activities companies like Uber and Spotify do. If you see sent by MailChimp you know it's a small business.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: SendGrid is professional strength e-mail marketing.

Oscar C.
Oscar C.
Gerente general in Peru

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

Kommentare: I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

1. Have AB Testing enable. 2. Manage unsubscribe emails. 3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP. 4. Email Reputation indicator. 5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered. 6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp Transactional Email, Sendinblue und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.

Mckenzie J.
Java Developer in USA
Informationsdienst, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Effective Emailing tool

Kommentare: Excellent

We use sendgrid for our enterprise application for all purpose ranging from notification, verification and transactional information. We switched from a competitor that was burning our pockets and had a lot of issues. the pricing was a balance between our budger and our requirements and send grid just fit into the grid for us

No complaints. However the suggestion to the manufacturers would be to improvise the documentation for this product to provide more use case specific guidance to help users

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)

Zuvor genutzte Software: Mailchimp

Nurul aishah G.
Nurul aishah G.
Personal Banker in Malaysia
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Simplified email service

Our business application uses Sendgrid for various purposes, including notification, authentication, and transactional data. We migrated from a competitor that was draining our bank accounts and causing a slew of problems. The cost was a good match for our budget and objectives, and the send grid was a perfect fit for us. They provide some handy online manuals to get you started, as well as a variety of configurable options to make sure the device is suitable for you.

It requires greater adaptability and customization tools to be successful in the long run. I couldn't discover a method to adjust automatic track in UTMs; it can only be activated or deactivated, which isn't convenient. The integrating and installation procedure were the most challenging aspects of implementing Sendgrid for us. However, customer assistance and YouTube tutorials were beneficial.

Abigail N.
Abigail N.
Founder in Kenia

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

Kommentare: The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam. 2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison 3. A/B Testing 4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column. However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width. 2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

Anatoly G.
Anatoly G.
Founder & CEO in USA
Informationsdienst

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back

Kommentare: Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.

Zee G.
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager in Ukraine

If you're tight on the budget...

Kommentare: It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?! The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it. Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Reply und Mailchimp

Product Manager in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Kommentare: Transactional email

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.
CTO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Kommentare: Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Postmark und Mailgun

Jase W.
Product in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A full suite of rich marketing power.

Kommentare: We send thousands of 2-factor authentication emails out monthly with Sengrid and hundreds of marketing emails out each month. The flexibility in passing large volume of email data to a sending partner allowed us to focus on developing the areas we needed and leaving email marketing to Sendgrid.

Sendgrid have a full published API allowing for easy integration into any system you build. They have some super helpful guides online to get started and a whole host of customisable settings to ensure the product works for you.

The 30 day reporting period is quite limited and I wish this was closer to 90 days or longer.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Sendgrid have a stack of other features including SMS messages and contact management. For us, it felt like the better long term partnership.

Matt M.
CTO in Kanada
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Transnational Email App

Kommentare: We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Mailchimp Transactional Email

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid: Pricing.

Mohammad iqbal K.
Mohammad iqbal K.
Project Manager in Pakistan

Send Grid - Review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

Abel B.
Abel B.
Founder in Nigeria
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

We use Sendgrid for many things

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Benchmark Email und Mailchimp